Updating all Fields in Word Document

I need to update all fields in the Word document.
I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too.

I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas.
http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html

Thank you
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil

Sub UpdateAllFields()
Dim oStory As Range
  For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
    oStory.Fields.Update
    If oStory.StoryType <> wdMainTextStory Then
      While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
        Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
        oStory.Fields.Update
      Wend
    End If
  Next oStory
  Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

Appears to work on text boxes in a drawing canvas.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Jan Kratochvil" <JanKratochvil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to update all fields in the Word document.
> I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too.
>
> I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas.
> http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html
>
> Thank you
> --
> Regards
> Jan Kratochvil
> Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2

0
Graham

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Getting the BCC field by default.

opening a .docx with word 2004

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

COUNTIF on Summary Fields
Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a workaround, etc.? a bit more explanation? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:117v954kaf4s2f6@corp.supernews.com... > Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a > workaround, etc.? > > ...

Macro

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...