Unsaved document

Is there any way to recover a document that was closed without saving? It
seems like I have done this before and now I can not retriev it.

Nope.

"msawr5250" <msawr5250@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:
: Is there any way to recover a document that was closed without saving? It
: seems like I have done this before and now I can not retriev it.

0
No
6/4/2010 9:50:43 PM
If it was not saved, there is nothing to retrieve.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"msawr5250" <msawr5250@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to recover a document that was closed without saving? It
> seems like I have done this before and now I can not retriev it.

0
Suzanne

Problem Opening Documents With Content Advisor Enabled
We store reference documents on a intranet location and provide users with a menu that allows them to link directly to the document they need. Many of the users are required to have Content Advisor enabled on their PCs and, as a result, the link takes them to the document URL but the document won't open. Most are PDF's but some are .Doc or .PPT - no difference. A window opens, but the document does not load. Turn off Content Advisor and everything works normally. One odd exception is that most documents that are single-page documents do open OK with / without Con...

can't open word documents attachments
every so often i am unable to open/ download an attachment in my entourage account. the document will show up stating that it has value, but when i open it/download it, it says there is no value i.e. the document is totally blank. please help, this is driving me crazy! ...

Resoring blank documents defaults
I'm unable to restore my "blank document” (doc1) back to its original format. Actually, let me correct myself. When I open a "blank document” my left indentation is set at 2.5 (how it got changed--I haven't a clue) so I set my left indentation back to 0", clicked on the default button & click "Yes" to having these setting for all new NORMAL template. After that when I close out of Word the Save windows prompts comes up. I have searched high & low in trying to find where to replace & save my changes to apply to my "blank docu...

Online Documentation
I would like to know if there is a web site out there where have implemented online documentation on the WEB using VISIO. For example, displaying a diagram (workflow) where you click a shape and you are taken to another diagram or some kind of text document. I am just curious if there is such a thing. Thanks. ...

Linking an embedded excel spreadsheet to a datafield in the source Word Document
I have a Word Document template that has an embedded excel worksheet where a cell reference of the embedded worksheet needs to reference a bookmarked field in the Word Document. Based on the value in the field, the excel spreadsheet has a msquery query that filters data on this value. Is this type of thing possible and if so how is it accomplished? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Unable to unplug the USB device if I open and close any document from USB device from my application
Hi, I have written a aplication which support specific file format document say .dat file. By using this application I can open \ read \ write the .dat files. But If I open a .dat file which is present in USB device and modify the content of a file and close the file properly then if i try to unplug the USB (without closing my application) then Windows Vista \ XP will not allow to unplug the USB device it says "Windows can's stop your Generic volume device....." message box. To unplug the USB device I have to close my application. Can anyone please tell me why I am u...

accidentally deleted unsaved material
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel Note: I have a Mac laptop, not sure what model it is. <br><br>I know this is probably a lost cause, but I was working on a huge paper and I had gone about 7 pages without saving when I accidentally hit 'don't save' as I was trying to x out. Is there any way to retrieve that unsaved text or is it gone forever? <br><br>Thanks, Charlie Nope, I'm afraid not. Even the Save AutoRecover Data feature doesn't create a temporary file until the file has been saved to disk at least once. If not saved (written to disk) the ...

Why letter l and number 1 are the same in my word document. How c.
To whom it may concern: It's not happen here. But in my word document letter l and number 1 are the same. I meant when I type small case letter l it will apprears as number 1. How can I fix it? Your helps will greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Loc The Le (1) This newsgroup is for questions about using Publisher, not Word. They have their own newsgroup. (2) Change your font. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "WORD Help In Need !!!" <WORD Help In Need !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1103E05B-805A-427C-AB3F-65DB...

debug a document double click
If I double click on a document for my application it crashes - how do I debug this, because clearly I can't do it while the tool is running (it opens a new instance when double click a file)? I associated the files with the debug version of the build and it brings up visual studio OK, but there is no useful information (to me!) and none of my classes are in the callstack window, nor does it step into any of my code. Callstack window has just this: > mfc80.dll!CWinApp::ExitInstance() Line 852 + 0xa bytes C++ mfc80.dll!AfxWinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance=0x00400000, HINSTANCE__ ...

New Tabbed Documents feature
I have loaded Office Prof 2007 Plus and am using Access. there is a new feature, "Tabbed Documents". I do not see them, when I open several Tables, Queries, etc, they are just one on top of another. You can Cascade them, but there are NO tabs along the top. I have called MS and even tried the website. Could I be missing an update?, but I would have though the package should have this feature already installed. Otherwise the package is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. The tabbed documents applies to forms only. You can have overlapping windows like the...

Visio 2003
Hi all. I've been banging my head against the wall here, and would certainly appreciate a hand. I'm working on a reasonably-sized org chart of 400 companies using the Org Chart US Units template & stencil. The source is an Excel sheet with a combination of entered text, numbers, and formulas. Some of the columns are used to modify the appearance of the shape instance, for example, if the parent company is A, then the outline is regular black. But if it's B, then the outline is blue. Or if another value is C, then the shape is a regular rectangle, but if it's D, the co...

How can I move my document from the very far right of the screen .
My document is to the far right of the screen, up too far for me to grab the title bar and use the minimize/maximize buttons. How do I get my document back to where I can work with it? Rightclick on the icon on your windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Select Move use the arrow keys to move it where you want and hit enter when you're happy. Alternatively, with the excel application having focus. Hit alt-Spacebar hit m then move with the arrow keys and hit enter. Mim wrote: > > My document is to the far right of the screen, up too far for me to grab the > t...

Useful CRM Documentation
Could anyone tell me where I can find useful CRM 1.2 Documentation? I have downloaded all the documents that Microsoft has and find the content to be next to useless. I would like to find a Administrators Guide that actual takes you from Step 1 all the way through and that might include best practices. Thanks The best documentation is the workbook for the 3-day CRM administration and implementation class. It is a huge manual with very detailed step-by-step install instructions, troubleshooting, etc. I couldn't have survived without this manual. To me It was worth the price of the ...

Spell Check on Excel document
I have an Excel 2007 document that I have protected and am being asked if it's possible to enable Spell Check on the protected document. Document or worksheet is protected? If you mean worksheet you will need VBA to unprotect, spellcheck then re-protect. Sub Spell_Check() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme" Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True End Sub Unprotects the sheet, does the spellcheck then reprotects the sheet. ...

Office 2000: transparent documents ( desktop visible through
I have Office 2000 and suddendly when I load in Word any document the page is TRANSPARENT so i can see the icons on the desktop. I need instruction how I could undo this phenomen and have the regular "black and white page! Thanks Jiri G. Hruby ...

arrow keys move the entire document instead of just object
Somehow I have changed my nudge, snap or glue settings (or some other settings) that have effected how my arrow keys on my keyboard affect my Visio document. Currently if I select an object and I hit the arrow key (on the keyboard) my entire document moves.. I would like my object to move or nudge around from clicking the arrow keys. How can I fix this? I am having the same issues and haven't found a solution for it yet, does or has anyone else found a solution for this problem. It really affects a person's ability to move shapes around effectively and just plain work efficie...

Routing a Document error.......
Hi, I'm having an issue with routing documents within our Lan. I can route from my Word or Excel but any other employee gets a "General MAil Failure. Quit Microsoft Excel/Word. Restart Mail System and try again" now....why would this be? and why am i able to route when i have other employees on the same permissions as I? Also what do I do to rectify this issue. Thanks Mike. ...

Landscape and portrati pages in same document
I am using Publisher 2003. Does anyone know how to create a publisher document with both landscape and portrait pages in the same file? sue Create the landscape page as a portrait page, when you are finished group everything together, rotate the group 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sue J Lynch" <Sue J Lynch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:921D20DB-84B1-498B-AE02-51BA9601A53F@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2003. Does anyone know how to create a publisher &g...

how to stop document from being edited when received as attachmen
When I attempt to send a newletter as an attachment to others. When opened, the receiver is also able to edit and change the document, how can I stop this from happening. I have never had this happen before A PDF? Free converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter&btnG=Google+Search -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "THADAWG" <THADAWG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D1E9446-FE2B-4161-92D3-2819D1F7E85C@microsoft.com... > When I attempt to send a n...

why does windows configure office 2007 every time i open document
Every time i open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows installer configures office and it's irritating! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAC9C5.669FF620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The next time an Office component wants to re-install itself, let the = process complete. Then, open Event Viewer and look in the Application = log for a cryptic message similar to this: Event ID: 1001 Event Source: MsiInstaller Description: Detection of product '{...

document saved in libraries
Whenever I save a document it automatically tries to save in libraries>documents. That is not where I want it and have to change it manually to: c>my name>documents. I have gone to save options to change it and it does not show the libraries>documents. It shows it as I want it, yet it goes automatically to libraries>documents. The default save location is that configured in Tools > Options > File Locations > Documents (in Word 2007 its Word Options > Advanced > File Locations > Documents). However if you open a document from another location,...

Merging Documents in Publisher
Hello, I have several documents that have been created with the same template, however each document has a different color scheme that is being used for that template. Is there a way to merge these documents together for printing purposes so that they are all in one concise place but they retain their individual color scheme? Currently when I attempted to merge the documents they would take on the original documents color scheme. Any help would be greatly appreciated! THe biggest problem that I am having is the Color Scheme. PLEASE HELP! "Lisa" wrote: > Hello, > &...

Easy way to generate config documentation ?
How do you document your Exchange implementation ? I am wondering if there is a way to export settings existing on my Exch2003 servers. That would be a nice and accurate way to generate documentation of all settings related to the Exchange deployment. Let me know. ...

Insert symbol in Microsoft Word Document
I no longer have the option to insert a symbol when I use the pull down menu under 'Insert'. Please if you know how I can fix this let me know. I have Microsoft Office 2000. This is the wrong forum for this question -n try a Word forum >-----Original Message----- >I no longer have the option to insert a symbol when I use >the pull down menu under 'Insert'. Please if you know how >I can fix this let me know. I have Microsoft Office 2000. >. > ...

How to use Microsoft Document Image writer?
I created a MS Publisher document and want to save it as a TIFF file and MDI. I go to FILE, PRINT, but in the NAME box in the print dialogue box, there is just the name of my HP Deskjet printer, with no option for the MS Document Image Writer. I have definately got MDIWriter installed, but can't use it! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sukita Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs. In the list of currently installed programs, click Microsoft Office 2003, and then click Change. Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next. ...