Ungrouping a Picture

Hello!

I have a picture drawn in WORDS2003 sometime ago. But I can't ungroup it now.

Can someone help? Many thanks.

Lee CC

What have you tried that didn't work?

I assume you selected the picture and then went to Ungroup, but it
wasn't available?

Are you sure the picture is made of subpictures?

On Jun 5, 10:10=A0pm, LeeCC <Le...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a picture drawn in WORDS2003 sometime ago. But I can't ungroup it =
now.

> Can someone help? Many thanks.
>
> Lee CC

0
Peter
6/6/2010 2:14:23 AM
Hello! Peter

Thanks for the response.

The picture consists only autoshapes such as rectangles, ovals and arrows. I
don't understand why the Ungrouping and Order options are blurred out.

Lee CC

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

> What have you tried that didn't work?
>
> I assume you selected the picture and then went to Ungroup, but it
> wasn't available?
>
> Are you sure the picture is made of subpictures?
>
> On Jun 5, 10:10 pm, LeeCC <Le...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a picture drawn in WORDS2003 sometime ago. But I can't ungroup it now.
> >
> > Can someone help? Many thanks.
> >
> > Lee CC
>
> .

Was it copy-pasted as a unit?

Are you being careful to click exactly on one of the lines in one of
the objects, rather than just anywhere on the surfact of the picture?

On Jun 5, 11:18=A0pm, LeeCC <Le...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello! Peter
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> The picture consists only autoshapes such as rectangles, ovals and arrows=
.. I
> don't understand why the Ungrouping and Order options are blurred out.
>
> Lee CC
>

> "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
> > What have you tried that didn't work?
>
> > I assume you selected the picture and then went to Ungroup, but it
> > wasn't available?
>
> > Are you sure the picture is made of subpictures?
>
> > On Jun 5, 10:10 pm, LeeCC <Le...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hello!
>
> > > I have a picture drawn in WORDS2003 sometime ago. But I can't ungroup=
 it now.

> > > Can someone help? Many thanks.
0
Peter
6/6/2010 1:04:50 PM
One Possibility:

Is the grouped object formatted as 'In Line with Text'? Inline objects can't
be ungrouped nor can the stacking order be changed - you need to apply text
wrap of some sort first.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/5/10 11:18 PM, in article
369DF334-D98B-49D4-9FBB-800D3120F6AF@microsoft.com, "LeeCC"
<LeeCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello! Peter
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> The picture consists only autoshapes such as rectangles, ovals and arrows. I
> don't understand why the Ungrouping and Order options are blurred out.
>

> Lee CC
>

> "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
>
>> What have you tried that didn't work?
>>
>> I assume you selected the picture and then went to Ungroup, but it
>> wasn't available?
>>
>> Are you sure the picture is made of subpictures?
>>
>> On Jun 5, 10:10 pm, LeeCC <Le...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a picture drawn in WORDS2003 sometime ago. But I can't ungroup it
>>> now.
>>>
>>> Can someone help? Many thanks.
>>>
>>> Lee CC
>>
>> .

2
CyberTaz

Drawing on a Picture. Win 2007
In Win 97, I believer I could draw a line directory onto a picture in the word document. In 2007, it wants to open a canvas to draw on. Is there a way to draw on a picture? -- Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet I assume you mean Word 2007? Draw a text box over the picture set the fill to 'no color' and type in the box. A drawing canvas is essentially a means of keeping graphical items...

Merge text stacked upon an object into one picture?
I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? What version Publisher? Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chiefhollis" <Chiefhollis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:901225A7-9A8E-4046-BF7A-5FF17E06CB6D@microsoft.com... >I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text > boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? It ...

Can't see pictures inserted in publisher
I recently started using Office 2003 and have a problem when inserting picture files. They do not show up, I can only see the "grab handles". I have tried changing the order of the picture as well as text wrapping options but still can't see it. Changing the view options doesn't work either. This also happens in Word. Does anyone know how to change this? Newcandee <Newcandee@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I recently started using Office 2003 and have a problem when inserting > picture files. They do not show up, I can onl...

powerpoint crashes on ungroup of excel chart
On any chart that is created in excel and either inserted as an object or copy and pasted (I have also pasted it as an image and and excel object) when I go to ungroup the image powerpoint shuts down. In the application event log is: event id 1000, mso.dll error We are running XP SP3 and Office 2003 SP3 I have uninstalled and reinstalled office completely to no avail. Can someone help with some direction? Thanks Hi If this occurs with Excel and the message is regarding the mso.dll file, you may want to try deleting the user's *.xlb files. These files contain info...

Sending pictures with text and then another picture with text.
I receive some e-mails with text and then a picture with more text and again a picture. Some of these will have 8 to 10 pictures with text under each picture. But when I send it out it is received with all of the text in a group and the pictures are all sent as attachments. How do I get my e-mails to send the pictures and text the way I receive them? Thanks for any help you can give me. Bob ...

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

Pictures unintentionally stretches
Hi! If I use the default style in Excel, add some pictures to the sheet and print preview, it looks fine. If I change the default style, say the font to Arial Narrow 8 instead of Arial 10, the pictures on the sheet gets stretched (unproportionally). This has to be a bug? / Oskar ...

Why don't rotated pictures in Publisher print?
When I rotate a clip art picture in Publisher, it won't print up. A quarter turn will print up partially and a half turn won't print at all. I'm running Microsoft Publisher 2003 in Windows XP. It shows up just fine in "Print Preview". Sounds like you need a new printer driver. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bonnielou" <Bonnielou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162137B5-1B89-4DC1-849A-3A8F0F28F2A8@microsoft.com... > When I rotate a clip art picture in Publisher, it won't print up. A > quarter > turn will print up partial...

Inserting captions onto pictures with MS Picture Manager
How do you insert captions onto pictures with MS Picture Manager You don't. RAG wrote: > How do you insert captions onto pictures with MS Picture Manager ...

Picture Position changes suddenly when touched

pictures will not show up on web page
using publisher 2007 trail edition, pictures show up when i preview the web > page in publisher but when i publish to the web I just get a a square box with > a little red x in the corner, could it be because it's the trail edition? > every thing else looks fine even the pictures written with code show up, > website is www.members.cox.net/wopen, Thanks > -- -- Carl Bailes When you Publish to the Web, Publisher produces an index.htm file and an index_files folder containing any other pages and all your supporting graphics. It appears that you didn't upload the i...

How do I get a washed out picture to show up when I print?
Can someone please help me. I cannot get a picture to print that I am using as a background. I put it as a washout and when I print it does not print, but everything else I have on the flyer prints perfectly. Why is this? I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003. Thank you Is the image on the Master Page? Be certain, view, ignore Master page, is not checked. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F093824-5F4C-47F3-8267-9CB7C8EF59E7@...

Wrapping Text Around A Picture
Can anyone tell me how to wrap text around a picture? For expample, I have a rectangular shaped picture~ I want to start a paragraph to the right of the picutre and have the text automatically wrap underneath once the space on the side is filled. Does that make sense? I've seen it done on some templates but can't figure it out. I've tried every possible combination in the "format text box" and "format picture" options but still no luck. -- Thank you, KDill Bring the picture to the front. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://m...

Insert picture from file default view
Looking for a way to change the default "Insert Picture From File" view. Currently, when I click on the IPFF icon, the view is in "thumbnail" form. Is there a way of changing this to default to "list" format? The thumbnails take quite a long time to load when there are numerous pics in that file. ...

Add picture located in same workbook to background of XY Scatter Chart
I need help adding a picture to the background of an XY Scatter Chart. I was able to add the picture by referencing a .jpg file, but I am sending this out to ppl who won't have the .jpg file. Instead I would like to store and reference the picture in a worksheet in the same workbook as the chart. Any ideas? Here is the code I have been using to get the picture from a file. ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select Selection.Fill.UserPicture PictureFile:="C:\My Documents\Picture.jpg" Thanks for the help aj ...

Word 2008, pictures are "absolute" relative to page grayed out...
I have a document in which I have placed about 40 pictures. I want to resize the document, but I notice that the images I placed are absolute in their size. When I click format picture it tells me the size is absolute, and relative is grayed out. How do I make them relative to the page size? Assuming you're in Format Picture> Layout> Advanced> Picture Position, the Relative Position settings you're referring to only pertain to 'Drawing Objects' (AutoShapes). It does not apply to photographs, Clip Art or other images unless you Group them with a Shape. Howev...

pictures on contacts in a ddress book
I've gotten really used to have the contact's picture show up and notice it's not a part of the current WLMD. Does anyone know is this is a temporary bug/problem or is it not going to be included in future updates? I thought it must be a temporary glitch as the icon for a picture still shows up but right or left clicking on it does nothing. Thanks for any help, Tim Pictures in Windows Live Mail(WLM) contacts are controlled by the contact having a. A Live ID b. Configuring a display picture in Windows Live Messenger(WLMsgr) c. The Contact enabling sharing the pict...

??send a picture to a cell phone
How can i send a picture from windows publisher to a cell phone? I have windows xp. The friend i want to send pic to is on my buddy list on yahoo and I can send a sms message but not sure if or how to include a picture. I also have cell phone . PLEASE HELP!!!! You may not be able to. And even if you could send a picture, there's no guarantee that your friend's phone can receive them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "beeotch1" <beeotch1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

resize pictures in Outlook
When I clicked on the link provided by Gerald.... http://www.winxptutor.com/resizeimage.htm I got a Window that opened......... PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED......... I would very much like to follow up on Gerald suggested solution to my problem....but can't since the Link won't open a Site. Any suggestions from anyone? I downloaded and installed the Microsoft toy/Plug-in, Image Resizer, but when I click on a picture, Click the smallest size, nothing happens. No new picture is created at a smaller size in the folder. I'm perplexed. I want to send digital pictures taken wit...

Slow import of pictures
When I import pictures while connected to my office network, it is really slow. When I go to my head office which is a few hundred miles away (and where all of the main servers are located), the import is almost instant. Likewise when I disconnect from any network, the import is instant. Why should it make a difference where i am located, especially as all i am doing is importing a picture from my desktop in each instance? Many thanks in advance Right-click *My Computer* click *Disconnect Network drive.* -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ n...

How do I move a picture in Word 2007?
I inserted a picture in a blank page. Selected the picture, then tried to drag it to another location on the page. It won't move. I can resize the picture, but can't move it. Any suggestions? Most likely because the image was inserted as "In Line with Text" -- If so it can only be dragged from one location in the text to another. The only text on that [otherwise] "blank page" is paragraph containing the image. In order to move it you can change the formatting of the image to one form of Text Wrap or another. Doing so converts it to a floating object wh...

How do I crop pictures in Visio 2003?
I have just moved onto Visio 2003. The previous version allowed me to crop images on a Visio page but 2003 doesn't seem to have the facility to do it. Am I just looking in the wrong place or has this function been removed in the later version? Thanks in advance for any assistance On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:23:01 -0800, Broadcast techie <Broadcast techie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just moved onto Visio 2003. The previous version allowed me to crop >images on a Visio page but 2003 doesn't seem to have the facility to do it. > >Am I just looking i...

Lines and pictures do not show up but print ok
In publisher my lines, pictures, and drawing objects do not appear. They don't show up in print pre-view either, however when I print they are all there. The problem is I cannot set up my documents unless I can see the objects and graphics. Is something turned of that causes this problem? View, pictures, detailed display... If this isn't the solution, it probably is your video driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this corrects the issue go to the manufacturer's web site of yo...

save three text boxes as one picture
can anyone help What version? In earlier version, select all, copy, paste special, picture... Publisher 2002-03, File, save as, files of type, scroll down to the image formats... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tjones47" <tjones47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF63E45-40F1-4BE6-B7B1-F9C04396325F@microsoft.com... > can anyone help tjones47 <tjones47@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > can anyone help What version of Publisher are you using? ...

Can't insert picture into email #2
I can't insert a picture into my html email in Outlook 2003 It was working before and now when I go to Insert/Picture, Outlook locks up and I have to shut it down with the task manager. -I have run 'detect and repair" -scanned the computer using several online virus scanners including the onboard AVG -checked for spyware... microsoft antispyware, adaware and spybot Any ideas cavuu, you wrote on 18 Feb 2006 09:38:46 -0800: > I can't insert a picture into my html email in Outlook 2003 > It was working before and now when I go to Insert/Picture, Outlook > locks u...