I cannot open word documents sent with .docx extendion in word 2002. I
checked my language setting and it is English. What is wrong?

Download the Compatibility Pack.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Johnpm" <Johnpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot open word documents sent with .docx extendion in word 2002. I
> checked my language setting and it is English. What is wrong?

0
JoAnn
3/3/2010 6:22:02 PM
Johnpm wrote:
> I cannot open word documents sent with .docx extendion in word 2002. I
> checked my language setting and it is English. What is wrong?

Have you installed the Compatibility Pack yet?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay

Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!
Hi, everybody! I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office applications. It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it fits on one page too! I printed it out and put on the wall next to my monitor -- just great!. Thought you would appreciate it... Here's the link to the PDF file. Hit print and you're ready to go. http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf Lindy Hi Lindy, For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm There is also a d...

hyperlink open in new window
How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_13.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "sharin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2180BE5B-1783-4F9A-A167-D8E3BF34B3CC@microsoft.com... > How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? ...

Outlook does not open all of a sudden
I have Office 2007 Business I cannot open Outlook all of a sudden. I get a message that The Outlook Folders cannot be opened, that the server is not available (?). I run Microsoft Office Diagnostic with no apparent problems, I tried to fix , to uninstall and reinstall. All other programs ( Excel, Word, power point, etc) are working fine. Can anybody give me a suggestion before I get another hard disk and reinstall everything? What is the exact error message? Paraphrasing does not help. Have you tried a new mail profile? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the grou...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Dotnet Lead Engineers opening in Pune
Hi, We are Bangalore based leading HR consulting company retained by top IT companies like SAP Labs, TCS, i-Gate, AztecSoft, GE, Symphony Services, HCL to hunt talent. Excellent opening for Lead Engineers at AT CMM Level-5 & Largest IT Company for their Pune ODC. Mandatory Skills: 1) ASP.Net 2) C# 3) SQL Programming 4) Must have strong experience on ASP/VB script and good exposure to ASP.NET. 5) Should have min two years experience in Classic ASP/VB script and min one year experience on ASP.NET 6) Should be willing to work on classic ASP development 7) Good knowledge of MS Sql server, H...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

Open document from previous version
How do I open a document from a previous version of Publisher..I have 2000? Are you certain it is an earlier version? Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <jan0704@msn.com> wrote in message news:44cc01c4a49e$a8fcbbe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I open a document from a previous version of > Publisher..I have 2000? Jan wrote: > How do I open a document from a previous version of > Publisher..I have 2000? If it ...

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

VBA code to hide all the tables on form open
I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis. I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro? If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks. Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the datab...

Quotation mark key produces << instead of " in Word doc from PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am updating a document that was created in Word on a PC several years ago. When I viewed it all the ' had become =. I found out in the forum how to fix that. But more important, I do not seem to be able to type a quotation mark. When I hit Shift &quot;, I get a symbol that looks like a doubled >. The symbol doesn't even exist on my keyboard. I suspect that I can go to Insert, Symbols, and get the proper &quot;, but this is a syllabus for a class that I teach year after year, updating t...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Saving report as document
Hi How can I save output of a report to disk as a word document via code? Many Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eGYJfb26HHA.4252@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > How can I save output of a report to disk as a word document via code? > Use the OutputTo action (in a macro) or method (in VBA code.) Choose Rich Text as the format. It saves in RTF format, which Word can open. Note that RTF loses graphical elements (e.g. logo, lines, check boxes.) You can get lines by using the underscore character in a label. You can get check ...

outlook 2000
running on home computer, no exhange or server. when I open an inbox message and close it, the message disappears, it isnt in other folders or in delteld files folder. If I move the message to another folder before opening it, then open the message in that folder, I am fine I can open and close it without losing it. I have been running everything fine for a couple of years now, only in the last moth did this start happening. I have reformatted and reloaded my computer, it doesnt help. I have taken mirosoft outlook express off the computer, that doesnt help either. I only have o...

Word 2003-Page Orientation
I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation except one. That page contains a table the size of which requires landscape orientation. I have always done this by inserting section breaks before and after this page. But now for some reason I can't get the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer. When I check the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape. Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty ...

outlook 2003 folders cannot be opened server not available
i haved had office 2003 for a 2 weeks and suddenly it come up with a error " cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contant your administrator if thi condition persists" Can anybody plese help. I have tried to repair it and reinstall it. Under Control Panel->Mail Icon, what type of mail account(s) do you have installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Publisher 2003 special size documents not printing properly in 200
We just upgraded to Publisher 2007. Our documents appear the same on the screen when opened but when in print preview they default to different size paper. We are using special size documents (4.26 X 5.75) when we notice this happening. They all default to 8 1/2 X 11. Is there anything we need to do to convert to 2007? Thank You for any help. A bit of a guess here: Open the file, select File, Print setup and input the paper size of choice. Be sure to do a Save to retain the settings. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Ginger" <Ginger@discussions.microsoft.com...

Switchboard created with Switchboard Manager doesn't open
Greetings All, The Switchboard I created with the Switchboard Manager wouldn't open when the dB is opened. So I went to Tools -> Database Utilities -> Switchboard Manager, chose my switchboard (that already said (Default)), and clicked the "Make Default" button. The switchboard still does not open when the db is opened. In fact, it doesn't even exist, as far as I can see. It doesn't show in the Forms window, and when I went into Tools -> Startup -> Display Form/Page box and looked for it, it wasn't there. I created a Form I am using as a Switchboard fo...

Publisher 97 unable to do Mail Merge
I can not get Publisher 97 to do Mail Merge with Excel 97. Here's what happens: Mail Merge / Open Data Source / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Create Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Edit Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. but, for some reason, Word 97 will do Mail Merge with Excel 97, no problem .. . . Publisher 97 System Requirements, and what I'm running: 386DX, 486DX: Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz MS Windows 95: XP 6 MB RAM, 8 MB: 2 GB C:\WINDOWS\system32\ . . . I have JET Engine DLL 5.1.2600.0 I am thinking that this this could be ...

Unable to open internet connection
Until this past weekend I have had no issue connecting ti the internet with IE8. Starting Friday whenevr I attempt to open the browser I get the following error: Downloading from site res://C:\WINDOwS\system32\xpsp3res.dll. I have run BitDefender 2010, MalwareBytes,Advanced System care and have come up empty. Hoever, I am able to update software from the BitDefender site using a link in the desktop app. Any ideas on what this may be and how I can fix it? ...

Word Object Border Remove?
I've inserted a Word Document Object into my spreadsheet and would like to remove the border that appears around it for printing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Right-click on the Object in Excel. Format Object>Colors and Line>Color.....No Color. Note: you can also set the transparency and other options. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:56:44 -0800, "TT" <noreply@hotmail.com> wrote: >I've inserted a Word Document Object into my spreadsheet and would like to >remove the border that appears around it for printing? Any help...

Certain operations EXTREMELY slow on 64 bit Vista Premium: opening file, printing,...
Certain operations are extemely slow. After I choose the command or menu item, the progress bar freezes about at the 50% point and there is no CPU or disk activity at all for over a minute. These operations have the problem: - Opening a file (even a tiny template) in CorelDraw X3 - Printing anything, on any network printer - Certain dialog boxes in certain applications Oddly, many apps seem to have no problem at all (eg Autodesk 3ds Max 2009, a 6 year old copy of Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8, etc). Also, although Coreldraw takes ages to open any file, it saves a file in normal time...

Insert Word document into email body message
Would like to know if someone knows of a vba code whereby I can insert a Word document into to body of new message while still retaining all the Word document formatting code? ...