Unable to create Table of Figures or Tables

I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report using
Microsoft Word 2007.  When I try to enter table of figures/tables in the
Table of Contents only one caption appears.  Nothing is located in text boxes
and the figures are "in line with text".  Please respond ASAP.  Thanks!

When you created the table of figures (table of tables), did you use the
caption label as a basis? If so, something might have happened with the
captions. You may want to show field codes by pressing Alt+F9 (acts as a
toggle) and verify that all figures have field codes similar to { SEQ
Figure } and that tables have field codes similar to { SEQ Table }.

On the other hand, if your table of figures is generated from styles, make
sure that the correct paragraph style is applied to the captions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LDuncan" <LDuncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
>using Microsoft Word 2007.  When I try to enter table of figures/tables in
>the Table of Contents only one caption appears.  Nothing is located in text
>boxes and the figures are "in line with text".  Please respond ASAP.
>Thanks!

0
Stefan
2/23/2010 7:45:47 PM
Yes.  I insert a caption and then selected either Figure or Table.  When I
show the field codes this is what shows up: SEQ Figure \* ARABIC or SEQ Table
\* ARABIC.   When I click on all of the captions, the "caption" style is
highlighted.  Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> When you created the table of figures (table of tables), did you use the
> caption label as a basis? If so, something might have happened with the
> captions. You may want to show field codes by pressing Alt+F9 (acts as a
> toggle) and verify that all figures have field codes similar to { SEQ
> Figure } and that tables have field codes similar to { SEQ Table }.
>
> On the other hand, if your table of figures is generated from styles, make
> sure that the correct paragraph style is applied to the captions.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "LDuncan" <LDuncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
> >using Microsoft Word 2007.  When I try to enter table of figures/tables in
> >the Table of Contents only one caption appears.  Nothing is located in text
> >boxes and the figures are "in line with text".  Please respond ASAP.
> >Thanks!
>

> .

What is the field code for the table of figures?

--

> Yes.  I insert a caption and then selected either Figure or Table.  When I
> show the field codes this is what shows up: SEQ Figure \* ARABIC or SEQ
> Table
> \* ARABIC.   When I click on all of the captions, the "caption" style is
> highlighted.  Let me know if you have any other ideas.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> When you created the table of figures (table of tables), did you use the
>> caption label as a basis? If so, something might have happened with the
>> captions. You may want to show field codes by pressing Alt+F9 (acts as a
>> toggle) and verify that all figures have field codes similar to { SEQ
>> Figure } and that tables have field codes similar to { SEQ Table }.
>>
>> On the other hand, if your table of figures is generated from styles,
>> make
>> sure that the correct paragraph style is applied to the captions.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "LDuncan" <LDuncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
>> >using Microsoft Word 2007.  When I try to enter table of figures/tables
>> >in
>> >the Table of Contents only one caption appears.  Nothing is located in
>> >text
>> >boxes and the figures are "in line with text".  Please respond ASAP.
>> >Thanks!
>>

>> .

0
Stefan
2/24/2010 3:42:05 PM
The field code for the table of figures is {TOC \h \z \c "Figure"}

It's weird because only the first caption appears in the Table of Figures,
nothing else.  The field code for the caption that appears in the Table of
Figures is SEQ Figure \* ARABIC.  That is also the field code for all other
captions.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> What is the field code for the table of figures?
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "LDuncan" <LDuncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes.  I insert a caption and then selected either Figure or Table.  When I
> > show the field codes this is what shows up: SEQ Figure \* ARABIC or SEQ
> > Table
> > \* ARABIC.   When I click on all of the captions, the "caption" style is
> > highlighted.  Let me know if you have any other ideas.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
> >
> >> When you created the table of figures (table of tables), did you use the
> >> caption label as a basis? If so, something might have happened with the
> >> captions. You may want to show field codes by pressing Alt+F9 (acts as a
> >> toggle) and verify that all figures have field codes similar to { SEQ
> >> Figure } and that tables have field codes similar to { SEQ Table }.
> >>
> >> On the other hand, if your table of figures is generated from styles,
> >> make
> >> sure that the correct paragraph style is applied to the captions.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
> >>

> >> "LDuncan" <LDuncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

The field codes seem correct.

What precedes the SEQ field in the captions? Make sure that the word
"Figure" is included (if it's missing in one of the captions, Word may omit
captions from the table of figures). For example:

Figure { SEQ Figure \* ARABIC } Text of figure here.

You may also want to make sure that none of the figures have been
inadvertently formatted as hidden.

--

> The field code for the table of figures is {TOC \h \z \c "Figure"}
>
> It's weird because only the first caption appears in the Table of Figures,
> nothing else.  The field code for the caption that appears in the Table of
> Figures is SEQ Figure \* ARABIC.  That is also the field code for all
> other
> captions.
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> What is the field code for the table of figures?
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "LDuncan" <LDuncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes.  I insert a caption and then selected either Figure or Table.
>> > When I
>> > show the field codes this is what shows up: SEQ Figure \* ARABIC or SEQ
>> > Table
>> > \* ARABIC.   When I click on all of the captions, the "caption" style
>> > is
>> > highlighted.  Let me know if you have any other ideas.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

>> .

0
Stefan

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downloaded from a mainframe database? I have been told this could be done in previous versions of Excel. 2. If I get a new text file each day, how can I refresh the existing Pivot Table, without the necessity of recreating Thank you very much Marsh Import the Text file into Excel. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C480551-AE4D-4E31-B6DC-DF527E532091@microsoft.com... > 1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downlo...

How is a picture directory created in Publisher 2003?
I am new to publisher and might have too many questions. I want to create a picture directory. An acquaintance said that I may be able to do it in publisher. It needs to be about 5 pictures across and 6 or 7 down with names and phone numbers under the photos. I can’t find any templates. Are there any? If there are not can I create my own? If I do will I be able to click and drag photos into the publisher template from a folder on my desktop? If I want to add/delete/insert a new picture will the others ‘slide’ forward or backward to accommodate an alphabetical addition/deletion or w...

How do I join a querry field to a table in a form's SQL
From another post, where I have recieved some help, I am now wanting a little more. I am told that 'In the main Shipping_Control form source SQL you have to join the qryPartValue to tblShipping_Control.' This is the SQL from the qryPartValues SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionOfCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.Sh...

Pivot Table names
I have a pivot table and after some manipulation it is giving me what I desire. One question: is it possible to get rid of all the titles that start with "Sum of" and replace it with something else? Thank you. Right-click the field heading and select Field Settings, you can change it there. If you want to change Sum of Amt say to Amt, add a space at the end, else you will get a duplicate name error. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <john.menken@ceridian.com> wrote in message news:dd61aba2-f441-4678-ae07-a182494b7911@33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I have...

PC-created files used on a Mac
Hi all, I have created a number of files that have proven problematic for one of my end-users. In particular, drop lists using Data Validation disappear. Any clues? What version of MacXL? MacXL98, 2001, v.X and 2004 all use exactly the same file format as WinXL 97/00/02/03. All those versions of MacXL handle Data Validation drop down lists, so you'll need to provide more information about the validation... In article <6DF4FCA7-78CA-4DE4-AD4E-D37002C80B82@microsoft.com>, "JEFF" <JEFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a number of files...

Referencing only certain cells in a table
Hello, I posted this question earlier in the execl.worksheet.functions group, but did not get an answer. I apologize for the repost. I need some help referencing certain cells from one worksheet in another. Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish: Worksheet 1: Item # Name Value 1 item1 100 2 item2 0 3 item3 0 4 item4 54 5 item5 0 6 item6 0 7 item7 70 I need to create a separate table in Worksheet2 that as only the NON ZERO values from the table above in Worksheet 1. S...

Can't create address labels with an image / graphic
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am using MS Word for MAC - version 2008 and can't for the life of me create a page of labels with a graphic. <br><br>The old 2004 version worked beautifully. I could pull up a blank template (ex. 5160), group the graphic and text box in one cell, then select &quot;Tools -> Labels&quot; and that would create an entire page of that design. I got the 08 version, and now I can't do a thing. That process just gets me another blank template. <br><br>Not sure how many people...

Multiple Tables into one querie
Ok here it goes bare with me. I have a 4 tables Tbl 1 (basic inform) Exihibator ID Name Etc 1001 Jennifer 18 1002 Bob 17 Table 2 Steer Table Exihibator ID Entry Number Placing in Class 1001 121 2 1001 122 5 1002 253 1 Table 3 Swine Table Exihibator ID Entry Number Placing ...

Date Selection for Pivot Table
I build some pivot tables for our laboratuary. They contains daily analysis results. I want a solution to: 1-) User can enter week number and then daily analysis for that week appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input: 49 Output:29/11/2004---> 05/12/2004 on pivot table and regarding data 2-) User can enter month and than daily analysis for that month appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input 11 Output:01/11/2004--->30/11/2004 on pivot table and regarding data Thanks a lot ...

"Make Table" Issue
I have a "Make Table" Aggregate Query which is not producing the same data consistently. Are there any known issues doing this? Never had to before, but if I use a Function to see if "TableExists"...find it, and Delete that Table before running the "Make Table" again, maybe that will produce consistent results?? TIA - Bob On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:00:01 -0700, Bob Barnes <BobBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a "Make Table" Aggregate Query which is not producing the same data >consistently. >Are there any known issues do...

Can't create file: FAX.TIF
I keep getting this error message when I try to open faxes that come down over our server. Here is the entire message. Can't create file: FAX.TIF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have checked the properties for the Inbox and for the Office Document Imaging and all of that is fine. We were able to open faxes fine, then one day a Smiley bar appeared in Outlook and then we were not able to open the faxes anymore. Also, I have removed Outlook and reinstalled. I hav...

Creating my first callout
Hi I'm just trying out how to make a simple callout but before I can do that I must add a reference to the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Callout.Base.dll. How di I make that reference? Hi Christian, See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa680652.aspx. The entire documentation is included in the CRM SDK, which is available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c178b68-3a06-4898-bc83-bd14b74308c5&DisplayLang=en. Please post developer related questions to microsoft.public.crm.developer. Good luck! -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://w...

I am having trouble creating a report
I created a data base that has 1 main table and 6 sub-tables. The main table has the ID field as an auto number. Each sub-table has the ability to have multiple entries. Each sub-table entry has a date completed field. I am trying to create a report that will query each sub-table and return a yes if the date field is not null or no if the date field is null. My question is how do I create a query that returns a Yes or No (or could be 1 or 0) if the date is there or not. I am a new user to Access. -- clcnewtoaccess For each field that might have a null you need something like this:...

Passing an Array created in a Function or Subprocedure back to the calling Subprocedure
I want to have a Function or Subprocedure that can create an array with 52 specific values in it. I then want to call this Function or Subprocedure from a main Subprocedure and be able to access the contents of the array. Everything can be of type variant for the purposes of this exercise. Can anybody help, please? This worked ok for me: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myArr As Variant Dim iCtr As Long myArr = BuildArray(myArr) For iCtr = LBound(myArr) To UBound(myArr) MsgBox iCtr & ". " & myArr(iCtr) Next iCtr End Sub Function Buil...

Is there any way a macro can be created for various print area selections?
Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a way to have a macro select a print area of a constant width (columns A thru K) but with a variable length. Our MRP system will dump our BOM's into Excel and all of the BOM's vary in the number of rows used. Some can be 3 pages while others will be 15 pages. Currently we have to set up a print area to capture the information we want printed under columns A thru K everytime we go to print a BOM. Please advise, Steve If you hit ctrl-end, do you go way past where you think the data should end? If yes, you could use the techniques at...

Creating mailboxes for users in a child domain
I am attempting to provide the ability for administrators in a child domain to create Exchange mailboxes on an Exchange server in the parent domain for users of the child domain. I have installed the Exchange Management Tools on the DC of the child domain, and delegated Exchange Administrator privileges to the administrator of the child domain. When creating the accounts the process to create the mailbox completes successfully on that DC (as does adding a mailbox to an existing user account with the exchange tasks option) however, I never see the mailbox on the server, and when creating an O...

Link Items in Same Table
Ok so I have a table which contains contract numbers and associated data records. How do I create a table and populate it to store link information between selected records in the above table? Table structure Ac-id - PK autonumber Account ID Field Ct-code number Conract Number Ac-title text Contract description Ca-code text customer address So what I want to do is record any commonality between 2 or more records in the above table. For instance it may be that 2 or more contracts occur on the same site. So I need a mechanism to store the contract "links" and a...

Pivot table overwrites neighbouring cells #2
Hello, I have multiple pivot tables on the same worksheet to allow for easy comparison of data. The source data is based on the week and expected to be refreshed daily. As the week progresses the size of the pivot tables will grow and overwrite data below it. I am looking for a workaround to this problem or if there is a way to set the pivot table to insert a new row below it if the size will increase and before data is updated. Thanks in advance, Anissa Hi, There is no feature of pivot tables to do what you wish. You pretty much have two options that I can think of: 1. Prepare e...

can I create a Mailbox without creating a user y AD???????
Hi Anyone knows if is it possible to create a maibox without creating the User in the AD? If it's possible How can I do that? I have Exchange 2003 and Win Server 2003 Thanks Not sure what the purpose is - but try this: create a user with a mailbox. Second a test message to it. Delete the user. Now you'll have an orphaned mailbox and after mailbox cleanup runs it will be flagged as such. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "lmelm" <lmelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1F6AE7C-2480-4745-9393-F580F123EEC7@microsoft.com......

Font Size Issues in linked tables
Hi. I have some tables in excel that I want to put into word and publisher documents. I encounter the same prob everytime... when the tables are linked in word or publisher.... the words/characters (ie. space between each character within words) seem to be unevenly spaced. As an excercise of interest I went into MS WORD... went INSERT/OBJECT/EXCEL WORKSHEET. Typed in some words in 8pt times new roman... clicked back into the word document. Same problem! Please help! Cheers! Hi Muppet The on-screen layout of Excel objects embedded in Word documents often don't behave in a truly w...

how do I create a macro to select all colored cells in a worksheet
Need help writing the code for an Excel Macro that would find all cells that have any interior color so that an outer border can be added around all colored cells. Hi, Try this. I've included the code to add the borders but you can delete this if you want to do it manually. Not this will not work for conditionally formatted coloured cells Sub sonic() Dim CopyRange As Range For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If c.Interior.ColorIndex <> xlNone Then If CopyRange Is Nothing Then Set CopyRange = c Else Set CopyRange = Union(C...

How do I create a day-of-the-week attendance record in Access 07?
I am wanting to track attendance based on the day-of-the-week, using worker ID found in as Access 2007 database. assuming you have the day field accepting a date (3/3/08) create a query based on the table you are trending. this way when you get a lot of data, you can set parameters to make your check between dates. now generate a report and group by the date field and change the grouping options to date by Day. I don't have 07, so I am assuming the wizard is the same. but if not, here is the formula for your date group header: =Format$([date],"Long Date",0,0) -- "Th...

Getting form expression results to update to table.
The totals from the expressions in a couple fields on the form don't update to the table. They (the expressions) work correctly in the form, but they (the results of the expressions) don't appear on the table after clicking Update All. Does anyone know how ot fix this? Hi Peg, First, forms don't contain fields. They contain controls (most commonly textboxes) which may or may not be bound to fields in the form's recordsource. If they are bound to a field, changing the data in the form will change the underlying field in a table (unless the form's recordsource ha...

ADC Creating X500 address
Hi I have a test Exchange 2003 system set up in preparation for setting it up on our live system, it has a single site, single routing group and there is one exchange 5.5 server. I have ADC set up with a 2 way connector and everything seems alright, except if i create an account on the Exchange 2003 server in ADUC when it replicates to the 5.5 server it adds an X500 address to the existing email addresses. If i create a new mailbox on the 5.5 server when it replicates to AD it does not have the X500 address and there is no X500 address in the recipient policy. The X500 address is actually ...