Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20

My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and
share access to Word files.  In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file
in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the
file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any
user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well.
We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they
were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access
it simultaneously).  Ideally, we'd like to again get the "locked for editing"
message when this occurrs.

Thank you.

Cant see mail properties on users
Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do something wrong? Thanks. On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:52:01 -0800, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I >do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do >something wrong? > >Thanks. You mean in ADUC? Use the EMC to view that info instead. ...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

"a document with the name" error on opening file
I'm getting an error message that says "A documents with the name " & filename & " is already open" (where filename is the actual name of the file) when I try to open certain files in Excel 97, when I don't really have a copy of the file in question opens. This error comes up pretty consistantly on one file that lives on a server, but I also get it when I try to open some local files. Anyone have any idea what would cause this & how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Best Jim Hi Jim have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen ...

2007 Outlook & Word as editor
Just upgraded to Office 2007 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Pt ) Windows XP Some user was having random trouble with a yellow font on received and sent e-mails and after a search in outlook general quest answered, tried various fixes. We are watching now to see if OK. Some answers mentioned the editor, so this leads to my question: what does it mean it uses Word as editor? Just Spelling, auto-correct, spacing? What else does Outlook use Word for? Thanks for your time if you use Office 2007, the point is moot for the most part - there is only one editor available when the...

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

Edit Template and have connected workbooks updated automatically?
When I make changes to a custom Template the changes are not reflected in any workbooks that are based on the Template. Is this usual and are there any ways to have these changes update to the workbooks automatically ? Thanks Michael Jones ...

Open a Publisher document without having Publisher
Is it possible? Can I convert the publisher doc to something else to then be able to open it? Can't even be done with a crowbar. You need Publisher, version of the same or later version as the pub file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "edd1121" <edd1121@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2C98EFB-1A94-4976-A9FA-9293B4942113@microsoft.com... > Is it possible? Can I convert the publisher doc to something else to then > be > able to open it? What about a BMF hammer? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Schmidt" <R...

Rules Wizard #20
I'm getting flooded with spam! The exchange server is filtering out some of the attachments but I'm still getting the email, all with the same thing in common, an attachment titled "Untitled Attachment". I tried to set up a rule that would apply to all emails with "Untitled Attachment", but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to set this up in Outlook 2000? You should be able to set up a Rule that searchs the message heade for the word 'Untitled' and do something with from there. If all els fails, filter out the country code should catch it...

overlaping dates in two files
MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to and now have two files, both .mny files with 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004 Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present. I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the month. Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in the 2003Archive.mny file to give...

Edit Checks Posting Journal-remove GL Dist
What would be the expression needed to eliminate the GL account distibution and just have the checks paid info and invoices included in payment? -- cal ...

Using Building Blocks, Content Controls and XMLMappings to generate multi-page template-generated sections in a Word Document
Dear Readers, I would like some of your insight and feedback regarding a document I am creating. Here is the scenario. The document is a package that describes a toy collection. There is supposed to be a section in the document which consists of a sequence of pages that repeat an identical one-page template for each item in the collection. I have an XML document (Excel Table mapped export) which describes each item in the collection, and I would like to programmatically generate these pages of the document from the content in the XML file and the presentation in the template. S...

How do I reissue a KMS certificate to a user in Exchange
Hi All, I need to know how to reissue a key management service (KMS) certificate to a user.How do we go about this please. Thanks . -- Buchi ...

Documents for Both A4 and Letter
Need help; I want to create multi-page documents that are identical in A4 and Letter. Is there a way to have "floating" margins, opr something else that will help this? We are combining our technical documents in North America and Europe, and when I change back and forth from A4 to Letter, I get different number of pages, etc.. that I cannot live with. Microsoft Word 2003 Any help would be great! Thanks -- Craig This may be almost impossible to resolve, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm You *may* be able to set the conditions for each do...

Best way to save user level Control history?
I am creating a large complex C# WinForm app under VS2008. I have several custom controls where I need to save the history of user entries. For example a search text entry box where I save the last 20 entries on a per user basis. I had originally, thought that creating a .settings file for this purpose would be the way to go. But, lists are difficult to work with programmatically as Property settings. What I have done is saved the history into a System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection object and then write or read them to a disk folder with a BinaryFormatter.Serialize() ...

Copy from one publisher document to another
I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher 2003. Thanks, Barbara Select all, Cntrol A, then ...

Outlook Express 03-20-10
Recenly installed Office 2007 trial (XP) now OE will only allow spell check in French plus a continual messge to comact files occurrs even after I have compacted Can someone help Cheers Answer 1: You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974 Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007. Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this. Vampirefo Spell Check. Download it from Major Geeks: http://www.majo...

Auto reply for every user
For example,during Chiese new year.We want setup on the server(win2k svr+exchange2k) when the server receive a email ,the server will reply a message about our holiday.Not set it to a single user.It to every user.Can someone help me to do this and give me the detail steps? Hup wrote: > For example,during Chiese new year.We want setup on the server(win2k > svr+exchange2k) when the server receive a email ,the server will > reply a message about our holiday.Not set it to a single user.It to > every user.Can someone help me to do this and give me the detail > steps? You'd pr...

How can I convert 2003 Word document into 2003 PowerPoint?
I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. Is it possible to convert the whole think into PowerPoint slides? I've tried, but all that shows is one slide with a heading and not each page. Thanks for any help! -- mae If your Word file is in Outline form, then when you import it into PP, it's supposed to make slides according to the heading levels (though I've never tried it). On May 18, 4:56=A0pm, mae <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. = =...

compare two tables
For testing purposes I generated (2) identical tables using (2) different methods. Somehow, one table came out with 18 more records. How can I write a query that would generate those 18 extra records? -- TIA On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:22:00 -0800, tsison7 <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For testing purposes I generated (2) identical tables using (2) different >methods. Somehow, one table came out with 18 more records. > >How can I write a query that would generate those 18 extra records? Create a new Query. Select the "Unmatched Query Wizard". ...

Accessing Document in SDI
How do I access the document from the main frame in an SDI application? GetActiveDocument: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/cdc4chb3.aspx --- Ajay ...

Why would the same chart appear different to two users?
I created a chart in 2007 Excel which looks fine. I sent the file to a co-worker and when she opens it the chart has all of the data pushed into the left half of the chart with the right side blank. Chart is using a primary and secondard vertical axis. I can provide screenshots of what I see and what she sees if that helps. ...

Linking two subforms in a subform
Hello, I am trying to link two subforms that reside in one subform that resides on a main form page. mainform - frmContacts2 main subform- name: subfrmextensions1, source object: frmExtensions1 subform1 - name: subfrmEXT_FLS, source object: frmEXT_FLS subform2 - name: subfrmEXTFLS, source object: frmEXTFLS When trying to link the subform frmEXT_FLS and frmEXTFLS, the database does not recognize it. Here's what I put in the properties in frmEXTFLS. CHILD FIELDS: ID MASTER FIELDS: forms!frmContacts2!subfrmExtensions!subEXT_FLS!ID Does someone know what I did wrong here? Thanks! ...

Bugs in documentation of CEdit::LineLength
In both of these pages http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CEdit.3a3a.LineLength.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ja/default.asp?url=/library/ja/vclib/html/_mfc_CEdit.3a3a.LineLength.asp MSDN says that the argument is counted in characters but the return value is counted in bytes. In each page there is one erroneous statement about the argument and two erroneous statements about the return value, so this is a total of 6 bugs. As far as I can tell, both the argument and the return value are counted in TCHARs. In an ANSI compilation, the a...

New User has admin rights