To type I need to depress keys for twice as long as usual. Why?

Having inadvertently depressed a "shift" key for longer than 6 seconds, I
have created a problem with typing. To type I need to depress the keys for
about twice as long as usual, with an associated sound as well. I can
temporarily correct this by depressing the shift key again for longer than 6
seconds but I need to make the correction more permanent. How do I do this?

This is a Windows thing, not specifically Word.

Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Accessibility Options (or in Vista
or Windows 7, Ease of Access Center). Turn off Filter Keys. To prevent
it from starting again, go to its settings and disable its shortcut.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:44:08 -0800, Rugby one <Rugby
one@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Having inadvertently depressed a "shift" key for longer than 6 seconds, I
>have created a problem with typing. To type I need to depress the keys for
>about twice as long as usual, with an associated sound as well. I can
>temporarily correct this by depressing the shift key again for longer than 6
>seconds but I need to make the correction more permanent. How do I do this?
0
Jay

need to reload 2007 home/student have prod key
where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Where is the CD? On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Sorry that was not very helpful. If you had the CD you would not be posting here. The only thing I could find was a 60 day Office professional trial. http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/ HTH http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/ ...

How to correct wrong investment type in Money2004
In my hast I incorrectly labeled one of my mutual funds as a money market investment type. How can I correct this fund back to a mutual fund type? "Details" of the fund shows the investment type as Money Market but offers no apparent way to change it. Thanks. Ed See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q81. "Ed Haynes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6c5f01c3e614$8593b490$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In my hast I incorrectly labeled one of my mutual funds > as a money market investment type. How can I correct > this fund back to a mut...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

NEED HELP-wrong formatting saved ??
After using word 2007 and saving a word file, it changed the formatting from the previous file (i think it was .wps microsoft works word processor) and now its all messed up.....I think I saved it in some other wrong encoding standard......now, whenever I open this file now half of it is in some weird looking unreadable characters....like this with wha捬屨捦ㅳ尠晡‰汜牴档晜獣‰歜牥楮杮尰扤档慜㍦㔱㔰楜獮獲摩㌱ㄳ〶‷਍灜牡素筽⩜灜獮捥癬ㅬ灜畮牣屭湰瑳牡ㅴ灜楮摮湥㝴〲灜桮湡⁧屻湰硴慴ges! That is what seems to happen once the system breaks its laws from the inside. ......couldnt find online solutions...does anyone have any suggestions or s...

how do i type words in a circle
I am trying to type very bold (72 pt) in a circle any help??? From the left select Word Art. It is a red W with a blue A on the icon. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "nancy@sb" <nancy@sb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AF648BB-EB1F-43FB-B0B4-4C8D69656586@microsoft.com... >I am trying to type very bold (72 pt) in a circle > any help??? Hey Don, the WordArt icon is a slanted blue W in 2003 & 07. It will be the same on the 2010 ribbon. I have a WordArt circle on my web page. Scroll way down. http://msauer.mvps....

I have over 100 excel sheets i need put in alphabetic order,how?
Background: I have an index page with hyperlinks to each sheet, each sheet has a COUNT function to add the entries and a SUM function on the index page which adds the result of each COUNT function, to do that I used "SUM(Birmingham:Worcester'!B2)" as each sheet has a geographical name a newly added sheet may not fall within the specified range and therefore may not be added. Is there a way to alphabetise these sheets? Rob, have a look here, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to t...

need to allow negative quantitys on purchase orders
because our vendors list returns and exchanges on invoice i need the abillity to enter negative quantitys when recieving manually. any ideas? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails
Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to ...

Need an advice on hardware specs
HI i need and advice I have one server (two AMD Opteron 1.6, 4gb of ram, raid) with Win2003 SQL2000sp4 MSCRM (30 users) Sharepoint (60 users) MS Project Server (30 users) I wonder if i benefit if i move web to another machine (single P4 1.6, 1GB ram, 1 hdd) and leave the first server for SQL only. I would appreciate any comments. Thank you Well, it really depends. Have you been monitoring the server? Is it resource constrained in any area? The extra server may help, but if the current server is not CPU or Memory constrained and you aren't hitting I/O constraints, you won't buy...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

Recordset Help Needed
I have the below code that works some of the times, but not all. Here is my issue. If there is no records in the table it works the first time. Then when I go to add another record it says "No Current Record". If I close the form and then re-open it, it work. I thought by adding the Set rs = Nothing it may help. It did seem to do anything. Private Sub TRAN_TYPE_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset 'Save any edits If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False End If 'Check there is an order in the form. If...

Long File Path

Need PO Generator Replenishment Level Help
I=92m confused as to exactly how the Replenishment Level works. On the Purchase Order Generator Item Maintenance screen you can select a Replenishment Level. There are 3 choices: Order Point Qty, Order Up- To Level and Vendor EOQ (if Order Method is set to Independent Site). Online help states: Order Point Qty Enter the quantity this item should be reordered at to maintain your desired stock, including a safety stock quantity. This quantity is used to calculate the quantity to reorder when you print the Purchase Advice Report. For example, if the reorder level is 10, and there are eight in...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Average & eliminating zero value Need HELP !! PLEASE
In cell C4 im calculating average hours for D5:D65 of all employees In cells Z5:Z65 If L is entered means laid off In cells AB5:AB65 IS AVERAGE OF ALL EMPOLYEES HOURS in cells D5:D65 if L is entered in Z Column In cells D5:D65 IS all employees hours FORMULA FOR C4 IS {=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(D5:D65),IF(D5:D65>0,D5:D65,0)))} Formula for cells AB5:AB65 IS =IF(Z5="L",R4,"") Formula for D5:D65 IS =IF(Z5>0,0,IF(B5="","",AA5+SUM(E5:J5)*1.5+K5*2)) I want to average all employees hours except if L is entered in Z Column so say 65 empl...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

Cashbook Bank Management
I am facing a problem every time I creat and save a TTF payment type of CBM, can any one help or any one encounter this issue, more details below: - Creat CBM Batch - Creat Payment type TTF fof GL, AR, AP - Save this entry - Close window - Check Setup for checkbook in CBM, you will find TTF sequence damaged or empty. -- Project Manager ZFP-IT +966503855729 ...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

Email Sent from Workflow tracked twice in history
I have a workflow that sends an email to two CRM users. After the email arrives in the two users' inboxes, there are 2 history activities created for the email - one owned by the id we use for email routing, the other owned by the person who fired the rule. Any idea why this happens and what we can do to stop it? Thanks! Hi, Could you look at Settings - Organization Settings - System Settings. On the third tab you wil find the following: Set whether to exclude e-mails between Microsoft CRM users Exclude e-mail Yes/No Setting this option to No will create one e-mail activity for out...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

database question / feedback needed (GP8
Hello Everybody. We sold one of our companies, and the new owners are moving off Great Plains. They are transferring/rebuilding data in their new software on their own. For historical (GP) data, they have purchased some software to perform queries, and have requested I give them the data. I am planning to send a backup of the SQL Company dbase. They would not have a GP client, and would not be performing transactions - so I believe they really just want to access the various history tables. I prefer not to send the Dynamics dbase if I don't have to (passwords, etc). I guess my ques...

CRM email Key
When attempting to send an email using Micosoft CRM I receive a "COMMUNICATION ERROR with a subtitle that reads missing Microsoft CRM key." I did not believe you had to have the Exchange Router installed to send email. The router is for automating routing of messages. Do you need this installed if you are not going to use automated routing? Thanks The Exchange Router is used to send emails, hence the error message you are receiving. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:34:02...

need help with KB article Q315407.
I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003 on Server2003. We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening after 8 hours or so. The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the Registry Editor, but the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value, Word Value, etc.. Which Value do I create ? ? Thanks. dword "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:O$3C$IVhEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Ex...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...