Text Rotation

Hi,
In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down
text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge
process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of
Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this
regard will be greatly appreciated

I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square.  Type your
text.  Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not
already showing).  From here you will be able to remove the Shape
Outline/Fill and will be able to rotate it 180 degrees.

"Help on formula" wrote:

> Hi,
> In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down
> text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge
> process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of
> Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this
> regard will be greatly appreciated

Word doesn't have any provision for 180 degree rotation of text.

A workaround -- if it works for you -- is to set the orientation of the page
(or whole document) to Landscape, insert a table, and then rotate some of
the cells 90 degrees clockwise and the rest of them 90 degrees
counterclockwise. The rotated text can contain merge fields.

Everything else we know about text rotation in Word is at
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Help on formula wrote:
> Hi,
> In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the
> upside down text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update
> in Mail Merge process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish
> without an option of Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the
> text. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated

0
Jay
6/3/2010 2:41:16 PM
Although you can rotate the shape by 180 degrees (or any amount, if
you use the Rotate > More Rotation Options button), the text inside
the shape never rotates at all. The only function that affects the
text is the Text Direction button in the Text group of the Text Box
Tools ribbon, and that allows only the 90 degree rotations left and
right.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:39:57 -0700, DesignMagic
<DesignMagic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square.  Type your
>text.  Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not
>already showing).  From here you will be able to remove the Shape
>Outline/Fill and will be able to rotate it 180 degrees.
>
>"Help on formula" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down
>> text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge
>> process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of
>> Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this
>> regard will be greatly appreciated

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Jay

Disappearing Data from User-defined Text Fields
Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both local and enterprise? Might be a sign of file corruption. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both > local and enterprise? > Or clear out your active cache... I've seen lots of issues there... -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Might be a sign of file corruption. > > > - Andrew Lavinsk...

How to specify text format when importing CSV files?
I would like to prevent Excel from attempting to interpret the data type when importing CSV files, and instead always format all fields as Text. For example, even if a csv field looks like a date, I want it formatted as Text. When importing a file ending in .txt, the Text Import Wizard lets me interactively specify each field type individually. That works OK except when I import files with many fields (100+), it is a burden to click on each field individually and specify text. Can I make Text format the default when importing txt and csv files? Thanks. I don't know of any way ...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Deleting original text on reply or forward
Hiya.. I have a user that, when they receive a message from a particular law firm, and they attempt to reply to it, the text from the original message is removed, though, the law firms 'disclaimer' remains intact. This also happens on forwards. This user does not have their Outlook set to remove the text in their options.. And as stated, this only happens with this particular law firm. I have opened the email message, and looked for macros, but there don't appear to be any. So.. my question is: How are they doing it? How does this law firm force recipients to lose the origi...

Is there code to export to standard fixed length text file?
I can do this manually but it's more than a couple clicks. I'd like to automate this from the MDB that I can call from my C# process call or an OLE call. Thanks much! AFAIK the choices are: 1) write code in your C# application that opens a recordset, assembles the fixed-length records and writes them to a text file. 2) use the Jet Text ISAM to write the file, either by automating Access or by writing to the DAO library. Either way you'll need to provide a schema for the text file. The options are an Access import/export specification stored in the mdb file, or a schema.ini f...

Text box formatted to General Number with 2 decimal places NOT allowing the decimal place.
When we enter data into this text box that's formatted it will not show the decimal places. Can anyone tell me what I've got wrong? Formatted how? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "p-rat" <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9fdc625-105d-4713-b0ae-3c1092c8db07@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > When we enter data into this text box that's formatted it will not > show the decimal places. Can anyone tell me what I've got wrong? Check the field of the table it is bound to to see if it is an integer field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a li...

Finding text using PowerPoint
Hello everybody! What is the easiest way to to find any piece of text in a PowerPoint Presentation? I would like to search for any text in all types of shapes (including smart art etc) as well as comments, notes etc. etc. etc. I have done some research but it seams that there is not a lot of information on PowerPoint. Hope to hear of someone soon!.. please! Jaco Pretorius IT Professional Home Tab > Editing > FIND? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html ...

Excel---Copying text from one cell a a sheet to another cell on a
I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? If the cell on the 1st sheet is A1, in the cell on Sheet15, you put the formula =Sheet1!A1 On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:33:01 -0700, "Reeezzzy" <Reeezzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell >on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? ...

can you force long lines of text to wrap width of cell?
should i do nothing or choose the wrap text option in the format cells dialog or click wrap text in the edit menu, or right click the cell and select wrap text help? Wrap text in the Format Cells dialog -- HTH RP "excel help" <excel help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18081AAF-FD5E-4FF4-BF77-EDFF43B74901@microsoft.com... > should i do nothing or choose the wrap text option in the format cells dialog > or click wrap text in the edit menu, or right click the cell and select wrap > text help? ...

Text field designed same on Graphical report as on Text report
Would like Text fields to be designed the same when printed on a Graphical report versus when printed on a Text report. For example, on a Text report they grow as needed depending on the size of the note. On a Graphical report, you need to make the text field as big as your largest note. Then when you print the Graphical report for a smaller note, there is a lot of unused white space on the report. ...

Subreport rotation
Does anyone know how to rotate a subreport 90 degrees? What are you trying to accomplish? PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote in message news:%235GzChytHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to rotate a subreport 90 degrees? > "Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> schreef in bericht = news:MLQfi.778$Od7.449@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > What are you trying to accomplish? It's my guess th...

How to link text boxes containing grouped text and photos and auto
I will have a hundred grouped text boxes and photos in my project. Each group will contain three or four text and photo boxes. These groups do not require autoflow to other text boxes. However, I will need to rearrange them and edit them in my publication. When I add a new group or move one I want the remaining boxes to flow automatically from page to page. I new to publisher and lost. Not quite sure what you are asking. If you have, say, three text boxes and a couple of pictures grouped, there is no way for two of the text boxes to be on one page and the rest of the group flow to the ...

How do I upshift text
I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted upshifted??? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8C0FAC1-ABF6-4001-BA52-823B570A52BD@microsoft.com... > I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted Select your range, Format>Cells>Alignment>Vertical>Top Carlos "IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8C0FAC1-ABF6-4001-BA52-823B570A52BD@microsoft.com... > I want to have a series of cells that...

Text Box
I would like to have the same size text box on multiple pages that are linked. I have tried right clicking the text box, selecting Format Text Box and checking Apply Settings to New Text Boxes, but it doesn't appear to work. When I add text to the box and it runs out of space, Publisher asks if I want to insert a new text box and connect it, and I accept, the new text box is the wrong size, and sometimes comes in with a black border rather than the no line border I have designated. Is there another method to easily accomplish what I want? I have read several posts that recommend...

Wrapping text in column
In Excell 2007, how do you set a column to wrap text? I tried it and even though it seems to allow me to do it when I select column and check wrap text from Format Cells, it doesn't work. It only works when I select one cell and select wrap text. This is a bit irritating as I have many cells in a column to do this to. Thanks, Tom I find that this happens when I paste from Word. If I have the fields set as Vertical/Top and Wrap Text - then I paste any data from Word, it goes to Vertical/Bottom and NOT wrap text. If I paste data from my Textpad program that spans multiple line...

Rotate data table by 180 deg.

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...

can't see all text in template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My processor is an intel core 2 duo since I didn't see that category on the drop down list. <br><br>I have a large document with templates created by someone else. In areas where the text exceeds the space allotted, I can't see the text at all. I know it is there, because if I clear that block or try to cut and paste from an HTML version, the track changes shows the text in red to the right of the block. My goal is to provide suggested edits to the originator. Can I remove the template? If I ...

weird text symbols
When inserting bullets, my text is changed to symbols...help! You didn't give us a lot to go on, but my first guess is that the style that is applied to bulleted text (possibly List Paragraph) is formatted as a symbol font (Wingdings, Webdings, Symbol, etc.). Check the style, and if it's a strange font, modify the style to use your standard font. If that isn't it, post back with more information (what version of Word, how you're applying bullets, etc.). "EMAW 2010" wrote: > When inserting bullets, my text is changed to symbols...help! ...

Count partial matched text string
I have 3 spreadsheets. The first, “Supplies Requests Received” where Column B contains the (duplicated) names of internal offices placing supply requests (e.g., SNF, DGEN, CANM, etc.) and Column G contains each date a request for supplies was received from that office. Column B Column B SNF 1//29/2009 DGEN 4/19/2008 CNMN 2/4/2009 ASEV 12/11/2008 SNF 2/3/2009 ASEV 9/16/2008 DGEN 5/1/2008 The second spreadsheet “Supplies Delivered” where Column A is a link of Column B from the above “Supplies Requests Received spreadsheet and Column G (of Supplies Delivered”) contains the names of ALL ...

does not accept appointments except in rich text formt
When I receive an outside appointment in my outlook 2003, it is grayed out which means I can not decline or accept. When the outside sender sends the same appointment in rich text format, I can accept or decline. Sending out is not a problem. Any David helped me with figuring out the rich text format idea but the problem is that we have others (outside our domain) who are sending us appointment and I can not tell everyone to change to rich text format. Someone suggested this might be a firewall issue. I doubt it but I have ISA 2004. Any suggestion? I am using exchange 2003. Thanks ...

how can i auto text in excel
-- how can i auto text in excel Sue I assume you mean that you want AutoComplete. Go to Tools, Options, Edit and select the box at the bottom: Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values. To set up things to replace (for example I have my version replacing my initials with my name), go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options and set things up in there. HTH David "Sue" wrote: > > -- how can i auto text in excel > Sue ...

Any way to capture text in a textbox inside another application?
I need to write an application and need to find a way to "spy" on a textbox in another application. It will work the similar to the spy++ where you indicate that you want to spy on a control in another app, and the program will let you pick the control to spy on. From that point on, all the messages sent to the control will be routed to this program. I am wondering how spy++ does that and is there any sample in MSDN shows how to do that? Thanks Andy Andy, > I need to write an application and need to find a way to "spy" on a textbox > in another application. &...

Curved Text to go round the outside of a round label
I am designing some labels and would like to have text around the outer edge of my round labels and can't seem to do it any other way than doing it in Word art which makes the writing all big and unreadable. Is there a way of doing this? thanks for your help. WordArt works. Take a look at this web page, way to the bottom. The secret is defining the circle. http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D796DB00-6D7B-4F1B-849A-1CAA1BC753A7@microsoft....

Establish if Offset RANGE contains text
I wish to establish if an offset RANGE contains text. so, activecell and the cell below can be merged, and then populated. something like.... if Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0)).value is nothing then my macro else my macro end if Can anybody please help? if isempty(activecell.offset(1,0).value) then 'single cell under the activecell or maybe... if application.counta(activecell.resize(2,1)) > 0 then 'at least one of the cells (activecell or the one below it) has something 'in it Mik wrote: > > I wish to esta...