Text form field loses formatting in Word 2010

I am trying to create a very simple form in Word 2010 (RTM, on Win7) which
has three fields: Qty, Unit Price, Ext. Price.  Am using the legacy Text Form
field for each. The details on how I set up properties is below.
I restrict editing and then save it (as a DOTX, DOCX or even DOC-tried all),
and then open it to type values in my fields. Here's the problem:  the fields
do not format the data as instructed.  For example, I type in a unit price of
$1.50 and it saves the value of "1".  That's it, just the number 1, and does
not format it as instructed (as currency).  It displays the qty correctly,
but it strips out the currency formatting for Ext. Price as well.  All
calculations are working (based on the values it saves in the form field, not
the values I've typed in), but the formatting is in error, and that makes the
calculation results wrong.

When I go back and view properties for each field, the number format is
blank - as if I never selected/changed it.  If I select again, restrict,
save, and try again, still no formatting.
What might be causing this?  I've tried in an old document and a brand new
one and the same thing happens.  Information from this point forward is
supplemental about how I set properties for each field.

After I insert each field, I open the Properties and make appropriate changes:
Qty field:  Number type, unlimited length, number format #,##0, calculate on
exit checked.
Unit Price field: Number type, unlimited length, number format
$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00), calculate on exit checked.
Ext price field: Calculation, unlimited length, number format
$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00), calculate on exit  NOT checked.
Editing restrictions are set to allow only Filling in forms.

Thanks for any insights you might have.

That is an issue that I came across last week.  A way around the problem is
to run the following macro on exit from any formfield to which you want to
apply the formatting:

Sub formatfldresult()
Dim ffname As String
ffname = Selection.Bookmarks(Selection.Bookmarks.Count).Name
With ActiveDocument.FormFields(ffname)
    .Result = Format(.Result, "$#,###.00")
End With
End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Michelle H." <Michelle H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to create a very simple form in Word 2010 (RTM, on Win7) which
> has three fields: Qty, Unit Price, Ext. Price.  Am using the legacy Text
> Form
> field for each. The details on how I set up properties is below.
> I restrict editing and then save it (as a DOTX, DOCX or even DOC-tried
> all),
> and then open it to type values in my fields. Here's the problem:  the
> fields
> do not format the data as instructed.  For example, I type in a unit price
> of
> $1.50 and it saves the value of "1".  That's it, just the number 1, and
> does
> not format it as instructed (as currency).  It displays the qty correctly,
> but it strips out the currency formatting for Ext. Price as well.  All
> calculations are working (based on the values it saves in the form field,
> not
> the values I've typed in), but the formatting is in error, and that makes
> the
> calculation results wrong.
>
> When I go back and view properties for each field, the number format is
> blank - as if I never selected/changed it.  If I select again, restrict,
> save, and try again, still no formatting.
> What might be causing this?  I've tried in an old document and a brand new
> one and the same thing happens.  Information from this point forward is
> supplemental about how I set properties for each field.
>
> After I insert each field, I open the Properties and make appropriate
> changes:
> Qty field:  Number type, unlimited length, number format #,##0, calculate
> on
> exit checked.
> Unit Price field: Number type, unlimited length, number format
> $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00), calculate on exit checked.
> Ext price field: Calculation, unlimited length, number format
> $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00), calculate on exit  NOT checked.
> Editing restrictions are set to allow only Filling in forms.
>
> Thanks for any insights you might have.

0
Doug

There is any auto email format?
Hi All, I know some one can help me in this regard, that I am using excel for Insurance expiry date list more then 2000 list I have. Now what my question is everyday I can’t able to find every expiry date. I want some solution from that if there is any formula like if insurance date was expired how can I get the email for me? Like the date is 8/3/2010 and number is 123456 at the same day automatically I want email from for warning so that I can renewal the same. If there is any formula or something pls help me. I am very struggling for this. Have you tried Conditional ...

Mail Formatting Gone from the Contacts Setup
I have just started using Windows mail on my laptop and wanted to set up certain accounts so that when I send from them to certain email addresses I send as 'Plain Text'. There used to be a tick box on the old OE Add Contact window, but it's disappeared with Wondows Mail. Is there a way of setting this up? If so, how? Any help gratefully appreciated. You might want to check in the appropriate *Windows* newsgroup - one without ..mac. in its name:-) Start here for the right Windows Vista group: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx HTH |:>...

Conditional Formatting with Hyperlinks
OK, I have a hyperlink on tab 1 to a form on tab 2. The hyperlink is in red. What I want to do is get the the color of the hyperlink to change when just one word or a date has been placed in the form in tab 2 and not have the HL change because it's been clicked on. Pleaseeeeeeeee HELP!!!! ...

Message Text
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2002 with an Exchange 5.5 server. On several external reply messages I receive back I have several lines in the message that state the following and I was wondering exactly why they show and what it means. For example: > > > > <http://lw7fd.law1.hotmail.msn.com/compose? curmbox=Fxxxxx=Bxxx=name@domain.com&msg=MSG102239489585 REplies from hotmail or msn accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

text intend in Power Point
I'm copying a text from Word into Power Point. The first line of the text starts where I want but the second and the remaining lines have intend. How can I change it so all lines of the same paragraph copied in PP start at the same distance from the slide edge? Thanks, Aga You probably need to adjust the lower grey marker on the ruler. If you cannot see the ruler VIEW > RULER -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Aga" wrote: > I'm copyin...

Is there a way to stop accented characters touching top of text box?
I have text boxes in my Access 2000 application that display the names of people from many different countries. Some of these names have accents on top of the initial uppercase letter of the name and when I use common fonts such as Arial or Tahoma, these accents normally merge into the top margin of the text box, thus reducing the readability of the accent. Is there any way to force the text to move slightly downwards within the box to avoid this problem? I strongly suspect that there is no way to do this in Access and the only solution will probably be to use a Unicode font, such as A...

How to select nodes where text is not empty?

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

help choosing a chart format.
In my last job, we had a waterfall plot that would show time on the X axis, frequency on the y axes and the marker would change color according to magnitude of the signal. is there a good chart that will perform this type of plot? It is kind of like an XY scatter plot with a variable color. see peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fugazi48" <fugazi48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6088FA-C207-4CB2-A103-02CD9549D7E5@microsoft.com... > In my last job, we ...

Use the ctrl+t to move from tab to tab in a form
I have a department that would like to be able to use the keyboard instead of using the mouse to select a different tab in their form. My form consists of the following; In the Detail: I have a Tab Control (TabCtl211) that consists of 3 tabs and with in the tabs there are several fields that they add/update Case Entry/Update (0), Legal/Closure (1) and Restitution (2) I want to use the ctrl+t to move from tab to tab, because they use the tab key to move from field to field and then to new record. How do I make this happen for them? Penny "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@CO....

Word Wrap with >1024 characters Excel 2003
I have a large number of characters in a text box and word wrap turned on, I get the text wrapped for the first several lines and then nothing else in the rest of the box. Is there a way to make the remainder of the text visible, instead of rolling off the edge of the box? ...

should i hide a form or make it modal
Quick question looking for others opinions on the subject I develop apps for a company and up until now I have been using modal forms to keep the most resent form open on top I have recently learnt how to hide the access window and keep the forms visible using popup quite neat to be honest. My reasoning behind this is staff here use many apps but when I present them with an app that is built using ms access they think they cannot use it as for some reason in their heads it is harder to click a button using a ms access app than to click a button using a non ms access app. (PS if yo...

EXCEL chart legend formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I've got it working in the excel data cells, but the formattin doesn't transfer to the legend and I can't directly change the legend text. I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks! tauntonuse wrote: EXCEL chart legend formatting 28-Oct-09 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I h...

Labels in user forms
Hi group, In a Userform, can the label (where you enter text) show the result of a formula so that the message changes depending on the formula? Or is there a way to do this in another way if the label can't do that? Rob Rob , I assume that you mean a textbox not label, as that is where you enter text. One way could be to trap the Calculate event for the sheet that your formula is on and update the text box from there, something like Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Range("A1") End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole H...

Importing CSV file field mapping
When importing a CSV file for contacts or leads: How can I expand the drop down list of field choices under the Microsoft CRM fields to included fields such as Account, alternative address information, etc.? The current limited amount of fields keeps me from importing information currently contained within our Outlook based contact system. What I do to expand the number of fields exported from Outlook is to Export the contact records from Outlook to MS Access, then export the access contact table as a CSV file. This process gives me more information to import (i.e., other addres...

Date format 03-03-08
How do I get a date to print as mm-dd-yy in a field? On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:43:02 -0500, BC wrote: > How do I get a date to print as mm-dd-yy in a field? Set the format property of the Date control to: mm-dd-yy -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Capitalize text
I have a worksheet that all text is in lower case, and would like it in upper case. Can I select all text ,then select a coomand to change the text to upper case? Thanks in advance Eddie No. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper In article <6FE5CF53-D2EE-49E7-A9AC-BEE8F84190BF@microsoft.com>, "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a worksheet that all text is in lower case, and would like it in > upper case. Can I select all text ,then select a coomand to change the text > to upper case? Say all your inf...

dimmed text colour changes in poerpoint viewer
The grey dimmed colour changes to pale green on powerpoint viewer when dimmed. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I haven't heard of that before. Can you give us some more details so we can try to recreate the problem? What version are you using? What version is the Viewer? What file type are you saving as? What is the exact animation? What colour scheme/Theme are you using? Is the text colour following the scheme/theme or has it been directly formatted? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yatko&...

Booklet printing in Word 2007
Tearing my hair out and wasting LOTS of paper and toner in trying to print a booklet. I do NOT have a duplex printer, but I cannot seem to get the settings right for this - the pages either don't print next to each other properly, or are upside down, or in the wrong order. Can anyone point me to a GOOD tutorial where I can see what I am not doing? Word is crap at booklet printing. Instead, save your document to PDF using Word 2007's built-in converter. Then open the document in Adobe Reader v9 and use its booklet feature. It is impressively good! It is the one saving ...

Subtracting two times in hh:mm:ss format
I need to subtract two times that are in hh:mm:ss format and they occur on different dates. Example: Time 1: 03/22/2005 19:09:47 Time 2: 03/23/2005 01:02:51 Result = Time 2 - Time 1 I've tried different things but I keep getting #VALUE! in the result cell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Make sure the cells are correctly formatted as date and time. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "A Khan" <A Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C179333B-FEDF-4542-8107-2F9B6AA6241F@microsoft.com... > I need to subtract...

Word Formatting
I need help with Word X. I have 2 documents that I am lately frequently trying to merge to a single PDF file. The files are a resume and a cover letter. I have the docs separate for most purposes, but occasionally want to create one file. Here's the problem.....when I try to cut/paste one into the other I loose most formatting (font size/spacing/colors) from the pasted document. I have tried all options in the "paste special" section to no avail..... Anyone have a workaround? Suggestion? MIKE T Well, to keep your formatting you would insert a section break before inser...

full text indexing
Every table needs to be created so they can be full text indexed enhancing the search capability. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b3051f89-4188-4427-9817-7e...

Office 2010
I would like to know if the Office Home and Student Version for 2010 will be the same as will be included in the full Office 2010 Suite. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks Gene L. The programs included in each will be different. Office Home and Business 2010 is: Word Outlook OneNote PowerPoint Excel Office Professional 2010 is: Word Excel Access PowerPoint OneNote Publisher Outlook Office Home and Student 2010 is: Word Excel PowerPoint OneNote "Gene L." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:8B39B1F3-A479-4182-B9CA-319...

Testing a field for isnull
Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(txtLastName) Then MsgBox "Please enter a last name!" DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast Me.ctlLastName.SetFocus End If End Sub Name: ctlLastName Control Source: txtLastName This is a simple routine that works in "the CornerBookstore" but for some reason I can't get the message box to appear in one of my applications. Code is as shown. Any suggestions appreciated. In article <1184449026.296013.124150@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com>, TeeSee says... > >Private Sub Form_BeforeU...