text form field in a cell

I have built a form in a table. For each field I have inserted a text form
field into a cell of fixed size larger than the text field object. Is there a
way to make it so that if you click anywhere in the cell that the cursor
moves to the text form field that is in that cell.

Currently if you click in the cell the cursor will move to the next text
form field in the table.

Any suggetions including changing the form format by not using form fields
woud be apreciated.

Have you protected the document for filling in forms?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"patrick topolski" <patrick topolski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3A037C2E-1AAF-4FD7-93AC-261E455A0657@microsoft.com...
> I have built a form in a table. For each field I have inserted a text form
> field into a cell of fixed size larger than the text field object. Is
> there a
> way to make it so that if you click anywhere in the cell that the cursor
> moves to the text form field that is in that cell.
>
> Currently if you click in the cell the cursor will move to the next text
> form field in the table.
>
> Any suggetions including changing the form format by not using form fields
> woud be apreciated.

0
Doug

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

Updating a table from Form Entry
I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form. The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank, when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote table will update BEFORE the report prints? Larry -- Neve...

Update textbox on form
The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts". "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _ " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

Copy field data to multiple places

Forms Based Authentication
I have configured Exchange 2003 Server on Windows 2003 Server. Everything works , HTTP,HTTPS, OWA Password change , but whenever I enable forms based authentication I recieve an error "440 login timeout" and the page will not load. Pls Help Regards I hesitate, because it doesn't fully match your diagnosis but take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;817379 to see if it's of any help. >-----Original Message----- >I have configured Exchange 2003 Server on Windows 2003 Server. Everything >works , HTTP,HTTPS, OWA Password change ,...

think cell program
is anyone familiar with a program called think cell? Any thoughts? (powerpoint v 2003). Is this an add-in? thanks Sara It's very good. You can "try for free" from their website: http://www.think-cell.com/ Recent interview with one of the founders on Indezine: http://blog.indezine.com/2009/12/think-cell-conversation-with-markus.html -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/3...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Validation Rule for field values
I have a database that includes a phone number field. I want to prevent a user from creating a new record that contains a phone number that is currently in a record that exists in the database.I am using a form for data entry into the table. Somehow I'd like for there to be a check to see if the phone number typed into the phone number field to be checked against existing phone numbers in the database.I've researched various sources but haven't been able to find the solution. I'm not familiar with VB so any replies that suggest using that will probably not work for me. Sorry, j...

Pivot table fields missing on all computers
I have Excel 2007 installed on two computers. I also have Excel 2010 beta installed on one of the computers. I am unable to create a pivot table on ANY of them. None will show the field list. All copies of Excel work fine in all other aspects. I have searched the net for solutions and found many others have the same problem but few suggestions to fix it. Many questions never got any response at all. I did find a reference to try removing the .xlb file from the XLStart folder. I did, with no results. I have done all the proper show/hide clicks. I even tried using the ...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

text box on exit
I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse click. Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide data? Your help is great appreciated, On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:43:02 -0700, Souris wrote: > I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. > > I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse > click. > > Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide > data? &...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

Full Text Index PF
We are running 3 Exchange servers in 3 separate sites. Two of which (including our main mail relay) are running Exchange 2003 while the third is still on Ex2000. Our public folder store size is roughly 3.5 GB. I am considering setting up FTI on my public folder store. Our only desire is to speed up the search results on a public contacts folder that is replicated across all 3 servers. Is FTI our best option and how much should I expect it to speed things up? We are seeing about 15-20 second searches (and sometimes longer) currently. Not horrible, but the execs want it faster. Thanks, M...

can't find form
i have a command button on a form [frmMainMenu] that when clicked, closes that form and opens another [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions]. The 2 share the same table as a record source, so i'm doing this to avoid conflicting updates the code behind [frmMainMenu] reads like this (below), and functions correctly DoCmd.Close stDocName = "frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal on the new form [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions], there is a command button to save to close itself, and open the previous from [frmMainMenu], and the ...

Combine part of text from one col to another
I'm trying to combine only part of a string from one column with all th text of another column. For instance I want to create usernames to log into a network. If col has Bill and col2 has Smith I want to get just the B from col1 an combine it with col2 to make smithb in a new column. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this: -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== =B1&LEFT(A1) "epac135 >" <...

Form Summarys
I want to know if i can write up my form on excel and then on anothe sheet it summarizes it so i have a log of all the forms i send out bu each time i create a new form can it create a new summary underneat the old one ?? Many Thanks:D Ben -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does this mean that you have certain cells that you want to track? If yes, then you could run a macro when you're done with the form: Option Explicit Option Base 0 Sub testme01() Dim myCellAddresses As Variant Dim FormWks As Worksheet Dim LogWks As Worksheet Dim nextRow As Long D...

Getting an UnBound control value into a Table field??????
I have a form that calculates a production rate in "parts per hour". This form needs to be able to differentiate between Line work, Cutter work, Side work, and Blister work. I created a drop down list for selecting the "Study Type" as listed above. I then created a text box for each "study type". When I select the "study type" each text box checks to see if the selection applies to it and makes the calculation if it does apply. The code for the "Line" study is as follows: =IIf([StudyType]="Line",2700?/[SecondsPerPart])...

Cell background shading in Excel
Why is it that the background shading colors available under the Paintbucket Icon chjange from file to file? Also, how can I add some of the colors to the paintbucket that are availabe under the format/cells/pattern pulldown? Colors are a Workbook-level property, so you can change the color palette for any workbook. Choose Tools/Options/Colors... and modify the colors to your hearts' content. You can also import another workbook's color palette from that dialog. Note however, that there are only 56 bins in the color palette, so you can only use 56 colors at a time. The paint b...

Pass infomration from a form to a report...
I have a form that displays a certain fields from a specific record. How can the selected values be passed to create a report? From my understanding reports can only get information from tables and queries. How can I query th information from a form? Thank you for any help, George On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:13:31 -0400, George <MyEmail@FakeEmailAddress.com> wrote: >I have a form that displays a certain fields from a specific record. How > can the selected values be passed to create a report? > From my understanding reports can only get information from ta...

Sum every other cell?
I own a used-book shop. I have an Excel SS to track how many books pe day I sell in each of 28 categories and the $$$ I take in for eac category. So there's two columns for each day: #books & $$$. therefore want to add every odd-numbered cell in a row to get the tota number of books for a category in a given period of days and ever even-numbered cell in the same row for the the total $$$. Is there simple formula or function for this -- bookmanj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bookmanjb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

On startup text to speech installation keeps appearing
Dear All When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel continues to load saying: "Text to Speech - This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I dont want to install it but this KEEPS coming up, any ideas? Thanks Adam Someone answer please !!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel >continues to load saying: > >"Text to Speech - This feature is not currently >installed. Would you like to install it now?" > >I dont want to inst...

Jscript to hide unpopulated fields
Hi We have created two custom entities named suppliers and business partners. We would prefer not to create account records and use the relationship type field so we created these custom entities. We now have on the Contact form three seperate fields that a contact could be related to. These fields are parent customer, parent supplier and parent business partner. A Contact should only be associated with one parent record. We would like to write Jscript which hides the remaining fields if one of the fields is populated. If a user associates a Contact with a parent customer then the ...

MERGE CELLS
I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6 seperate cells/columns. I want to have this format in 1 cell: Name PO Box Street address City, State Zip STEVE wrote: > I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6 > seperate cells/columns. > > I want to have this format in 1 cell: > > Name > PO Box > Street address > City, State Zip > You do realize that this will screw up your ability to sort the data. A better solution would be to describe what you want to do with the data. You may not need it in the ...