Text boxes not printing...in Word 2007

When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a few
characters. I'm running Word 2007.

Thank You Constance

At Office Button | Word Options | Display, make sure you have "Print
drawings created in Word" checked.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"caharbin" <caharbin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
> when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a
> few
> characters. I'm running Word 2007.
>
> Thank You Constance

2
Suzanne
3/2/2010 6:45:20 PM
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/invisiblegraphics.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"caharbin" <caharbin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
> when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a
> few
> characters. I'm running Word 2007.
>
> Thank You Constance

0
Stefan

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

copy a pdf graph into a word document
I'm trying to copy and paste a graph from a pdf document into a Word document. My operating system is Windows Vista. I've tried to print from the pdf document but nothing happens. I have several graphs that I need and don't want to have to copy them all out by hand. Any help would be most gratefully accepted. My email address is: hokokeha@hotmail.com Thanks in advance Hi, BernieMurray, Is the real problem that you are unable to print the PDF? Are you using Word to try to work around that problem? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so a...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

Printing in reverse order
I have printed out nearly 500 letters to be mailed out using mailmerge and publisher. I would like to not run them through the printer again and print address info on the reverse side so they can be run through a folding machine and mailed out. PROBLEM: the list and the pages are in reverse order and since I merged personal info on one side, the address side must correspond. Can publisher print out in reverse? I have tried copies from 500 - 1 but it still print from 1 - 500. The original list was not sorted in any manner, it was exported from a database. Suggestions please... TIA R...

need help Combo Box with duplicate entry.
I have a combo box with unique and non-unique entries. (search field) 00010 | john | smith | 12345 | 00002 00196 | jane | doe | 0120 | 00001 00196 | Jone| wood| 0220 | 00005 I would like the following to happen. 1) user types the number needed ( 10 ) 2) the combo box zero fills the field (00010) 3) then selects an entry from the combo box. (12345) if the select is incorrect ( one of the non-unique numbers was selected - 00196) the user will open the combo box and select the correct entry. (jone wood) add the info will be put on the form. the following code works if the user ente...

2007 Beta
Aside from a couple of niggles I quite like this. Will Beta users get any updates/fixes before final version of 2007 is released? It's impossible to say. That's up to Microsoft.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Jeff" <jeffxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:A0Ehg.18242$A8.10806@clgrps12... > Aside from ...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Pivot Text
I know that excel is probably not the place to be doing this but..... I am wanting to create a matrix of information that is currently all in columns text. I have tried to use pivot tables but obviously whenever I drop text into the values area it is ecpecting a number. What can I use as an alternative Excel 2007 PivotTable With Text (and tricks) http://www.mediafire.com/file/yt1zy2nwgm0/12_11_09.xlsm http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_11_09.xlsm ...

Outlook 2007 Outlook.exe deleting itself
I seem to be having a very strange problem. When I start Outlook 2007, it stalls and then deletes the Outlook.exe file. This is a relatively new problem (within the last week). All other files seem to be present. If I keep a full copy of Outlook.ext in another folder, that is also deleted. In some cases, after restoring the file, Outlook will start to come up but then stall and die. In other cases, it won't won't even start to come up but just deletes itself. I've run several different types of anti-virus software including AVG, Avira, Spybot and none seem to find an issue or he...

centering text box in a table cell
Trying to do a project. I am attempting to center a text box in a row of a particular table. If I put it inline, I can kind of get it centered, but, it stays to the left side in the cell, doing about 32 of them, and they are all the same, tried adjusting, but must be doing something wrong. Select the text box, click on the dog icon on the picture toolbar, click none. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Bruce" <notreally@idontwantoo.com> w...

Replacing ~ with text
i have a spreadsheet that gets delivered and some of the cells simply contain a "~". i want to replace the "~' with "N/A". however, when I use the Edit:Replace command, get a message back that says: "Microsoft Office Excel cannot find any data to replace. Check if your searc formatting and criteria are defined correctly. If you are sure that matching data exists in this workbook, it may be on a protected sheet. Excel cannot replace data on a protected worksheet." This worksheet is definitely NOT protected. Help! Hi ~ is a special character to Exc...

printing group of charts
I have workbook with 11 charts, each on separate chart sheet and I want to print them to PDF. I can not have them printed to one file. Instead they are splitted in 6 files, some with single page, other with 6 pages. I can not find out what is causing it. Can I somehow print to PDF and have one file created ? Thanks for help. Tony I have solved my problem. I had to push the page setup for all charts to be the same and now all is working well. I had to change the page sizes for all to A3 and than back to A4 to push excell to see that they are all the same. Tony "Tony" wrote:...

Licensing Project Server 2007
I'm confused about what server licences are required for Project Server 2007. User/CAL licensing I understand, but the server licensing I'm not sure about. If I install PS2007 onto a 2 server configuration (WFE/App and DB), I need one PS2007 server licence. That's OK. If I add a separate WFE server, do I need to add another PS2007 server licence? The Project Server application will not change where it runs. I think I might need an additional licence. If I then choose to add an additional WFE/App server to the farm that is intended to provide resources for a separ...

Publisher 2007 printing problem
I have a publisher file 6x4 template. When I try to print on a 4x6 photo paper instead of 1 page landscape it prints 2 in portrait. No mater what I do seems to change this. First, File Print setup Size: 4x6 Portrait OK Then, File Page Setup Special Size Width: 6" Height: 4" Landscape OK Build your project Save File Print -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tomincolorado" <tomincolorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CC2310B-E932-459A-94A2-45E96D530FC7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file 6x4 ...

Printing single Lable from address record in CRM
I have a client that wants to put a lable printer on a specific workstation where the user is creating or retrieving contact records. The desire is once the record is found the user would then be able to print an address lable locally for that single record. Anyone have any experience with this type of funtion. The Client is on MS CRM 3.0. Al Pemberton ...

using outlook 2007 categories through gmail
hi everyone, I would like to find a way to keep outlook 2007 categories through gmail. Gmail use label which are show as folders in outlook. So it's "simple": when I put a category to an email, a script could copy this email to the right mapi folder in Gmail. in others PCs a script could put automatically a category to every email which are into this folder: ex: I put "urgent" category to an email ->copy this email to "urgent" gmail folder and then: in others PCs every email in "urgent" gmail folder could set to "urgent" category. ...

How to associate combo box with text box
I have a combo box named comOCCode on frmContract form. The combo box lookup the O C codes from table tblOCCode. The tblOCCode has two fieldd, OCCode and OCType. I also have a txtOCType. The txtOCType display the O C Type associate with the O C Code selected in the comOCCode combo box. How do I associate the comOCCode combo box control to the txtOCType text control? Thus, what is the macro, or how do is change the property for the combo box and the text controls? Thanks RD Paul, If I understand your question, you want the text box txtOCType to show the OCType for whatever OCCode is...

Counting Lines of Text in TextBox
In a form, I have a text box in which memo text wraps. Is there any code that can count the number of lines of text that display in the textbox? My only workaround at this point is to use a non-proportional font like Courier, count the characters and divide by the number of characters that a line might contain. Unfortunately, this approach only gives me a rough estimate of the number of lines. And I'm stuck with Courier when I prefer Arial. Is there another way to count lines of text? Thanks. Jim Why? What will knowing the number of lines of text allow you to ...