Text Box Invisible

I have Word 2007 and have been using it for over a year.  Recently, text
boxes and drawings are invisible in all but Print Preview and Full Screen
Reading mode.  They used to be visible in other modes until the following
sequence of events occurred: 1)  I sent a Word 2007 document out for review.
2) The reviewer returned the document in compatibility mode with Track
Changes on.  3) I accepted all changes.  It appears my preferences and styles
were changed.  I looked for a way to show/hide text boxes and drawings, but
couldn't find anything.

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:14:09 -0800, Mike Koch <Mike
Koch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have Word 2007 and have been using it for over a year.  Recently, text
>boxes and drawings are invisible in all but Print Preview and Full Screen
>Reading mode.  They used to be visible in other modes until the following
>sequence of events occurred: 1)  I sent a Word 2007 document out for review.
>2) The reviewer returned the document in compatibility mode with Track
>Changes on.  3) I accepted all changes.  It appears my preferences and styles
>were changed.  I looked for a way to show/hide text boxes and drawings, but
>couldn't find anything.

Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced > Show Document Content.
Check the box for "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" and uncheck
"Show picture placeholders".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Stopping Automatic Message Box
I am using some Combo Boxes and in a number of them I am using the NotInList property to bring up a customised message box. This works fine but my message box is followed by another automatic one giving the standard error message. How can I prevent this second message box from appearing? I am sure that I am probably overlooking the obvious. Here is an example of the code: Private Sub cboMRproductType_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) MsgBox ("Selection not recognised, you must select an item from the list. To abandon the record click Cancel.") End...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?
If I create a form with VBA, to create a drop down box to have a list to pick an answer for to fill in a cell in a worksheet, it will jump to the answer in the list as you type. Can a Data|Validation|List do the same thing? If not, is there a way to get that functionality in Excel? Data Validation doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html rrucksda...

Restricting input box entries to integers
Dear Experts: below macro applies a user-defined paragraph style to rows using an input box. The macro is running fine. But the input box also allows for entries such as 7,2 (comma because I live in Germany). How do I have to re-write the code to only allow integers as input box entries? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub Tbl_BodyStyle() Dim oRng As Word.Range Dim oTbl As Word.Table Dim AskRowNumber As String Dim blnAsk As Boolean If Not Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) Then MsgBox "Please place the cursor...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Need help with Combo Box?
I would appreciate any help with this. I currently have a form with two combo boxes and a subform. The first combo box lists counties and the second box lists doctors in selected county. After selecting county, doc the subform lists pts for this doc. All this works fine. However, I need to add a couple of more filters. I am stuck and would like to know how to do this. I don't want to mess up what I already have. How can I incorporate a couple more filters? I thought maybe adding an option box to the form????? Can someone please help me to accomplish this? Thank you. Sure...

Extend text to next cell
I am trying to get my text to run over to the next cell only in display not actual value of that cell. So if A1 says, "How now brown cow.", it should show over cells A2 and A3. However, I also need the carriage returns to be picked up. If I use the "Wrap Text" property it only shows the sentence in that cell. If I don't use it I get the [] (brackets) in place of the carriage return. Maybe you could merge those cells (A1:A3 or did you really mean A1:C1?) But be aware that merging cells causes trouble with sorting, pasting, and lots of other stuff. Format|cells|al...

Justifying text of an axis
How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, mdicke <mdicke@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? You can't, it's fixed by the axis. The best you can do is select a monospaced font and use a custom number format with ???? (question marks). -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Using skins in a multiline edit box
Hi, I have a dialog based application, in which I have a multi-line edit control. In the edit control, I would like to have a background image, say some .bmp file. Some status messages are to be displayed in the edit control, based on certain user actions in the dialog. How do I go about this? Thanks, Sucharit you can do it, i think, if you were to create a class which inherited from the edit control, then in the override the OnDraw()/OnPaint() event, where you first get the rect, and draw your bitmap resource, then call the parent event method to do the rest... I don't know if t...

Need RULE to search for Text in Body with varying # of spaces
Hi there, I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: "With specific words in the body" However the "Specific words" I'm looking for might contain varying number of spaces: EX: "some text: some more text" "some text: some more text" Is there a wildcard or something to match multiple spaces? --Thanks very much, Kenneth Kenneth Parker <kenneth.parker@sas.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: > "With specific words in the body" > > However...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Check Boxes #6
Is there an "easy" way to add check boxes to a worksheet? As it stands, I have to manually attach it to the underlying cell, and adjust the size. I would like to add several hundred checkboxes. Am I doing somethig wrong, or is it just that akward and labor intensive in Excel? Hi Adam, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester01() Dim SH As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Set SH = ActiveSheet '<<==== CHANGE Set rng = SH.Range("A1:A100") '<<==== CHANGE Application.ScreenUp...

Synchronize combo boxes
I am trying to sync to combo boxes on a form. It is for plant names which consist of Genus + Species + Subspecies, basically. I have all my data in a single table and I want only applicable species to show up for a particular Genus, for example: Abies concolor Abies glauca Abies alba Quercus alba Quercus macrocarpa Any genus can have many species, some of those species names can exist within multiple Genus names, I have made to seperate tables with just Genus and just Species names, I want them to link in the combo boxes, any ideas? Previously responded to... Regards ...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

Combo Box 11-21-07
Hi I have a database where on the main form (it's a pop-up), there's a combo box that allows the user to select a person's name. That should bring up the record and display the data. However, for some reason, it's stopped working? The Name field at the top of the form now reads "#Name?" even though the field is specified as "Client"&FirstName& and I get an error message of "The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" Can someone ...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

2003 SP3
I read one posting that said the > or other such formats is what causes your drop down box text to not be shown. I can't remove these as we rely on all the data being in upper case for formality purposes. I read another article that said the following hotfix fixes some of the problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 I looked it up and it says: 945280 Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install office 2003 Service Pack 3 I have not values visable, but they are there - does anyone know if this fix is the ...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...