Template won't show in print preview and won't print either

I downloaded a MS Word 2003 template and made changes to it in MS Word.  I
worked in the Print Layout view.  When I click on print preview nothing is
there and when I just try to print the document, nothing prints.

If you downloaded a template from Microsoft's Template Gallery, there's a
better than even chance it involves a lot of text boxes and wrapped
graphics, all of which are considered "drawings" or "drawing objects."
You've clearly got "Drawings" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options
(since you can see them in Print Layout view), so go to the Print tab and
check "Drawing objects" to make them display in Print Preview and print.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Aljani" <Aljani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a MS Word 2003 template and made changes to it in MS Word.  I
> worked in the Print Layout view.  When I click on print preview nothing is
> there and when I just try to print the document, nothing prints.

0
Suzanne

Printing Question #5
How do I print worksheet pages from various workbooks from one worksheet. Either an Excel or VBA solution woudld be fine. Thanks, John John In VBA you could open all the workbooks and then print them, this code opens two and prints everything in each Sub PrintOtherBooks() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Set wb1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book1.xls") wb1.PrintOut wb1.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb1 = Nothing Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book2.xls") wb2.PrintOut wb2.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb2 = Nothing End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampt...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

Why won't Excel buttons show separately on the taskbar?
Whenever I was working on multiple Excel files, a button would appear on the Windows (XP) taskbar for each file open (assuming there was room - ie no other running program buttons on the bar)... that is until today. Things were normal this morning but now, every time I open more than one Excel file - they all merge into one button and the only way I know there's more than one file open is to look at the list via the Window button on the Excel menu toolbar. I cannot see what has gone wrong or why. I have turned pc off and restarted to no avail. All other programs work as before (ie ...

Label Printing #2
In Store Operations Manager When the Wizard is used for printing labels and a quantity is entered for each individual item. Randomly the number of labels that print for each item is less than the number selected in the wizard. Any ideas ? Emer, What type of label printer and what driver are you using for that printer? -- * "Emer" <Emer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637B6F2D-02A6-449C-8142-073512E9C92B@microsoft.com... In Store Operations Manager When the Wizard is used for printing labels and a quantity is entered for each individual item. Ran...

Customer Account Terms to show on POS and on Receipts, Packing Lis
I would like to have the customer "Terms" show up on the receipt/packing list (i.e. Net 30 or Net 10th etc), as we have this value assigned to our customers on the database already. On the receipt template we have added a line for Terms: | " and tried the following: Customer.AccountType.Description Customer.AccountTypeID Customer.AccountReceivable.ID They all return an error when generating a Receipt as not being found, so it prints out a "0". To have it appear on the POS screen, we have it on the Caption tab as Text referencing the value from Customer.CustomTe...

Printing Credits
Is there a way to load a list of credits that are on different accounts and print them all at one time? Eric Hi Eric, I do not understand the question. When you say credits do you mean sales, vendors, customers, journal entries. Where and how are you loading the list of credits? Kind regards, Leslie "esf1999" wrote: > Is there a way to load a list of credits that are on different accounts and > print them all at one time? > > Eric ...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

New users not showing in global address list
We have a new network installed with an Exchange Server 2003 installed at head office and three Server 2003 geographic sites. When we create a new user at Head Office, the user can log on at the remote site but their email address does not appear in the global address list. It seems that all the users we created on Day 1 appear in the Global Address List but any new additions don't. To my thinking, Active Directory is being replicated across the sites because the users can Log In and get authenticated at the other sites. What am I missing regarding the "update" of the Gl...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

How do change the amortization of loan template to accommodate pa.
I need an amortization table that can compute on partial years. For example, my immediate need is to amortize $437,410 at 10% over 8.52 years. The current template only allows for years stated in whole numbers from 1 - 30. What are the individual periods of compounding interest? Days/Months/Years/Decades/Biweekly/Semimonthly/??? Once you know that, you can figure out the number of periods in 8.52 years. With that information you can 1) extend your table past the 30 lines you currently have to include the number of periods, 2) use the PMT function to get periodic payments and you'...

Check printing issues
I've been using Microsoft Money for 6 or 7 years, but there are still things I haven't figured out how to do (or if they are doable); my current version is Money 2003. I use the "three on a page" homeowner check style. For printing partial pages, after one check is printed, money wants me to put the rest of the checks into the printer sideways--and I always get messed up when I do this. My printer, a Brother MFC 4650, has no problem printing pages as short as 5". A single check plus the bottom tab is 5 1/4 inches, so there is no reason for me to turn the checks for a pa...

Print to File Technique
Hi! I used the Option: Print\Print to File (Check) Now i am unable to open the file which xl has created using "Print t File" Check in Print Dialog box. What i want to do is: I want to transfer all the day, necessary files to some place say Prin to file. And at the end i give all print commands to print the variou documents. Can any one tell me how to use the check Print to File. Thanks in advance. Jabee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you used print to file and used your printer driver to make this .prn file, then you can't open it later to see anyth...

Payroll Calculator Excel Template
On the Payroll Calculator template under tax status, what do the numbers represent? Any suggestions on the template? ...

Personal format of an excel spreadsheet as a template?
I need to use the format of an Excel spreadsheet that I have created as a template for other worksheets in a book and other books. How can I accomplish this, if possible? Create a new workbook with one sheet and format as you wish. File>Save As>File Type>Template(*.xlt) Name it SHEET(Excel will add the .xlt extension. Store this SHEET.XLT in your XLSTART folder. It will be the default worksheet for Insert>Worksheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:29:01 -0800, Nukinhawg <Nukinhawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to use the format of an E...

resizing worksheet when printing
Seem to be having problem resizing the worksheet. I went to page setup and set the scaling of 50%, but when i preview and print it still show 100%.Why is that? Previously it was printing with normally with the scaling of 50%,but now its not.Could you please help me? thanks. ACtually the option "Fit to" is not checked. Apparently on the other computer is doing fine, except the other one which doesn't seem to scale the worksheet for printing.I'm using excel 2000. Could it got to do wit the printer?? >-----Original Message----- >Ann, >-----Original Message----- &...

Exporting all forms record either in a table or Excel 2007.( Any m
Dear All, i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the field from each record and generate a table in access and save all the fields in a row. i.e Record 1 all fields should be saved in Table first row then record 2 in second row an so on till All records saved. Moreover Is there any alternative option that either all records fields exported to excel file. Please help Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06 wrote: >Dear All, >i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the >field from each record and generate a table...

problems with Window.print()
Hello, We have a problem where the Window.print() command does not work from custom forms that are hosted from the isv.config file,After clicking the print button on the print dialog box, it displays the print icon on the internet explorer status bar, but does not send the output to the printer. Any ideas? ...

Form print problem
Hi I'm not if this is the right place to post this issue, but here we go: I have a database application, which when prompted prints out a detail section of a form. This has been working nicely in access 2000, in which the application has been developed. Now I have installed access 2003, and suddenly an empty blank page is printed before the actual page. In the design view under page setup I can see that the paper size is "Letter" - In access 2000, however, the paper size was set to "A4". I can't change the setting - it always reverts to "Letter". I ...

Outlook calendar printing problem
I am running Outlook 2003 on Win98 and I cannot get a weekly calendar to print starting on Sunday. I have gone to Tools->Options->Calendar Options, selected all days of the week and selected Sunday as the first day of the week. In the weekly style print setup I select left to right for arrangement and yet the printout still starts the week on Monday. If I change the first day of the week to any other day in the options menu the weekly calendar prints starting with that day of the week. For example, if I select Wednesday as the first day of the week, the printed weekly calendar sta...

excel 2003 printing problem #2
After upgrading several PC 's to Office 2003 we are having a printing problem in Excel. The user will print several print outs and all of a sudden they can no longer print. So far the only fix has been to change to a different printer or reinstall the printer. Then they will be able to print a few more sheets before it stops again. This is only happening in Excel. Word will print fine all day long with no problems. All the printer drivers have been updated. Has anyone else experinced this issue or know of a solution? The Os are XP,and Windows 2000 Pro versions. The previous Office w...

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Print Business Card in Card Style with Company Name
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. Viewing the contacts in card style format shows the companyname field. But when printing, the companyname is not printing. How can I get it to print with the company name? ...

Excel 2003 printing oddity - missing border
This is an odd one - I've got a spreadsheet that I've been printing quite happily on legal-sized paper. When I print the same document, however, on 11 x 17 paper, exactly one of the borders is not printing - it's the border between Column C and Column D. There are absolutely no other issues - everything else looks exactly the same as on legal paper, just bigger. Any clues? Many thanks - ...

need to print other side of a double sided publication
I am printing a 24 page publication booklet on 8.5 x 11 paper, I printed 10 copies of one side, then a jam occured and I had to clear, then I couldn't print the other side, do I need to start over? It may depend on which version of Publisher you are using. Let the folks know. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crod" <Crod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5314A73-4173-4B84-A21C-20B3FF49DEF7@microsoft.com... >I am printing a 24 page publication booklet on 8.5 x 11 paper, I printed 10 > copies of one side, then a jam occured and I had to clear, then I coul...

Stacking data to show same number but different colors
I am needing to show two sets of data on a stacked bar that will reflect the total of the denominator. Example. I have 13 cases out of which 1 has a complication. I want the total on the bar to only reflect 13 but the coloring of the bars show both data points (13 and 1). Can this be done? Your stack total must be 13, so your differently formatted stacks have to be 12 and 1. Alternatively you could plot 13 and 1 as clustered columns, and set the overlap to 100. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ wiggy wrote: > I am needing to sh...