Tables and banding color in background

I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard
is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the
table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur.
This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had
success with this functionality?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Color banding can be applied as part of a table style.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our
>standard
> is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the
> table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically
> occur.
> This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone
> had
> success with this functionality?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

0
Suzanne
5/25/2010 4:20:52 PM
I use banding regularly.  As Suzanne noted, it must be applied in a table
style.  What knids of problems have you had?

Pam

sharon27lily wrote:
>I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard
>is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the
>table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur.
>This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had
>success with this functionality?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.

Pamelia
5/25/2010 7:40:04 PM
I've not had a problem with banding in W2007.  What kinds of problems have
you seen?

Pam

sharon27lily wrote:
>I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard
>is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the
>table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur.
>This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had
>success with this functionality?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.

Pamelia

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

password protected file with pivot table errors
Hey friends, We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file get ruined! In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to them). Fr...

Why the backgroud color changed ?
Hi, friends, I registered a frame window class by: AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW, LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_DEFAULT), (HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(LTGRAY_BRUSH), LoadIcon(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_BZ))); After this frame window (pFrameWnd) was created, I created a view: KBViewWnd->Create(NULL, NULL, AFX_WS_DEFAULT_VIEW, rect, pFrameWnd, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST, NULL); which ocuppied part of the frame window (specified by rect). However, when the view got focus and its parent frame was resized, the non-occupied part of the parent frame window became white col...

Putting text on a background?
I'm still muddling along with this, trying things, making up booklets and cards, and figuring them out (which I can do okay in Publisher,(2000) but then have to coordinate with my printer settings). Frustrating at times, I look up and 3-4 hours has gone by. But, I realize, even with the frustrating and figuring out I LOVE DOING THIS! (I must be nuts, huh? (LOL) Same with doing tutorials and learning Photoshop. Not enough free time in the day (and night) Today, I've been setting up and printing a birthday card, more of a booklet for an almost 5 year old grandson. Putting personal ...

why are my excel file name colored blue ?
Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> "valbwoy" <valbwoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A643AA1-3971-4498-A24D-2C569D330225@microsoft.com... > Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This > occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> If this is when you are viewing the files in Windows Explorer, the blue may well mean that the relevant files are compressed. There is an option in Control Panel that allows compressed files to be shown ...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

Do indexed colors of a color palette save any conventional RAM?
Do indexed colors of a color palette save any conventional RAM? I just read a text book that said the only purpose of color palettes of indexed colors was for video cards that did not support 24-bit or 32-bit color. Because of this I am estimating that even graphics files that are stored as 8-bit pixels (such as GIF) are loaded into the memory device context as either 24-bits or 32-bits. Is this correct? On 22 Mai, 15:36, "Peter Olcott" <NoS...@SeeScreen.com> wrote: > Do indexed colors of a color palette save any conventional > RAM? Yes. Image your VGA card doe...

Changing background colors
I see where you can toggle the colors off in the print preview but what I want to know is how do you change the color? Currently it is yellow and I would like to change it to blue or green. It won't work in color schemes. I am using Publisher 2003 on an XP computer. ...

Keeping Outlook2007 in Background
I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to keep in front. I can't find any preferences to set that will keep this from happening. Any solutions? "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:674247F4-CC24-4970-A070-A195658EA441@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook >from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to >keep in front. I can't find an...

Colors gone from my office apps
My hard drive crashed and I re-installed Office 2007 on a new install of XP Pro. All updates to XP and Office are installed. In Word, Excel and Outlook etc... the top of the pages have the traditional blue accross, but the rest of the screen is grey and white. Some colors on the ribbon, bit otherwise very strange looking. I've checked my graphics card and my monitor. All seems fine. My other programs work fine as does my browser. I went into settings and compared line for line with my laptop. Anyone have an idea how i can get this to look like it always has. For what it...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

How to color multiple cells
I have a sheet for a soccer tournament with 10 teams that have to play games each home and away. , this means that each team appears 18 time in this sheet. How can I color each team (cell) without having to colo one cell at a time. I will use different colors for each team. Thanks a million for your help in advance. P/S, ex: Column A Column B USA vs. France France vs. USA USA vs. Italy Italy Vs. USA USA vs. Spain Spain vs. US Attachment filename: premier division.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com...

Ping Jon Peltier: Custom colors above & below horizontal lines
Hello again, I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to color-code "zones" within a chart. Using some the techniques described on your (EXTREMELY helpful!!) website, I have created a box-and-whisker plot, and added horizontal lines indicating certain target values (upper and lower). I would like to conditionally color-code the plot areas delineated by these upper and lower horizontal lines...i.e. below the 5th percentile line=red, above the 25th percentile line=green, between the 5th and 25th percentiles=yellow. Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations etc. would be greatly ap...

Color Banding stopped working with Excel 2003
Prior to installing MS Office 2003 Pro, I was able to use color banding in Excel 2002 worksheets, using a Conditional Formatting formula such as =mod(row(),2)=1. But, now with Excel 2003 it gives a "formula you typed contains an error" message. It hightlights the ",2" portion of the formula. I've tried a number of variations suggested on Chip Pearson's web pages, but always get an error. How do I get color banding to work in Excel 2003? Hi Jerry maybe you're using the semicolon as delimiter? Does =mod(row();2)=1 work? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

Automatic colors for text
Can you set excel to automaticly fill in a cell color for specific text entered? yes - check out conditional formatting on the format menu if you'ld like further assistance, please post back with more details -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "mogravy" <mogravy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C89261-54D6-4E54-9569-0C19AB86DF64@microsoft.com... > Can you set excel to automaticly fill in a cell color for specific text > entered? ...

Chart
I currently am using Excel 97. I've created charts using links to source data that is in dollar and percent formats. But when they pull into the chart data table they do not show the proper format. For example: In the source data worksheet it shows 97%, but when it pulls into the data table for the chart it shows .97437373. If I open the link then it shows properly, but as soon as I close the link it goes back to the bad format. How can I fix this? -- lajohn63 It sounds like a formatting issue. You may need to add a step to round (see round function in help) "lajohn63" wro...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips
On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win 98). - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows...

Copy data into a table (but not the formula)
Hi First of all I apologise if this has been asked before. What I want to know is it possible, and if so how does one do it, to d the following ? Copy data from a cell into another cell in a table but without having formula in the destination cell , e.g Say $b1 contains the name Fred and I want to place Fred into the $c cell but I don't want there to be a formula in $c5 asking for it tha will update the contents of $c5, if I change the value held in $b5, fo instance, I put Fred in $b1 and Fred appears in $c5, but then I pu another name, say Bert into $b1 and it goes to $c6, but the co...

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

Errors in background synchronization
Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. When I first set up Outlook on a new pc and try to sync the email I keep getting "errors in background synchronization". If I set the auto sync to once every minute it will eventually sync all the objects but this takes quite a bit of time if there is a lot of mail. Any ideas as to the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...