Table of Contents not displaying

I have been succssfully using the Table of Contents feature forever.
Suddenly, it displays only codes on the screen, yet will properly print and
will display properly in "Full Screen Reading" mode. Creating a PDF also
displays the ToC correctly. This occurs only on my computer and will display
properly on other computers. How do I fix this?

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes to field results.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"tomMedClinic" <tomMedClinic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been succssfully using the Table of Contents feature forever.
> Suddenly, it displays only codes on the screen, yet will properly print
> and
> will display properly in "Full Screen Reading" mode. Creating a PDF also
> displays the ToC correctly. This occurs only on my computer and will
> display
> properly on other computers. How do I fix this?

0
Suzanne

(blank) in pivot table
I have the following code in my module: objXL.ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Repo_Pivot").PivotCache.Refresh When I look at the resulting pivot table, there are fields with "(blank)" in them. Is this unavoidable, requiring some kind of text replace function? Or is there something in my code that causes it? Thanks, Bill Reed -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200711/1 ...

pivot table from data table (not data LIST)
How would I create a pivot table from a data table instead of lists? For example, a data table where x=Monday-Friday and y=Sales --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See one suggestion to your multipost of this question. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy absolin <absolin.ydyjb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:absolin.ydyjb@excelforum-nospam.com... > How would I create a pivot table from a data table instead of lists? > For example, a data table where x=Monday-Friday and y=Sales > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Which columns are in what tables
I have been asked to provide a list of all columns in all tables in a database. I have the output from "select * from sys.tables" and "select * from sys.columns", but how do I know which columns are in what tables? Thanks Bob This should do it: SELECT TABLE_CATALOG, TABLE_NAME, TABLE_SCHEMA, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com thing (someone@microsoft.com) writes: > I have been asked to provide a list of all columns in all tables in a > database. > I have the output from "sel...

How do I split a y axis in order to display extreme values?
I want to split a y axis so that an extreme value can be displayed without making the other other values appear too small in the chart. Hi, Example can be found here, with links to a couple of other explanations. see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html Cheers Andy KGB wrote: > I want to split a y axis so that an extreme value can be displayed without > making the other other values appear too small in the chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Help with Tasks
Is there a way to view an image that's been pasted into a task? Right now, I can only view the image placeholder (or an icon). I can view images in other areas of outlook? Thanks for any advice. Outlook XP/Exchange 2000 running on Win XP Pro -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

manually displaying on the next line
How do I manually display words on the next line inside a cell? I always put extra spaces until the word is shifted to the next lnie. (Not using 'wrap' option and adjust the width of a cell) Albert, alt + enter will move your cursor to the next line. Cesar Zapata Albert Byun wrote: > How do I manually display words on the next line inside a cell? > I always put extra spaces until the word is shifted to the next lnie. > (Not using 'wrap' option and adjust the width of a cell) > > ...

Cell content in URL
I would REALLY like to put a cell's value into a URL in a web query to retrieve a certain page. In my case, a product number in a different worksheet that when added to a URL will give the desired product page. The product page does not have labeled tables, forcing me to import the entire table and take C15 every time. If it was possible to simply perform this action without another worksheet/table, please let me know. ...

Page does not display on IE startup
We use a proxy server, with user login names & passwords, to connect to the internet. IE8 always comes up with a 'cannot display this web page' message on startup and we then have to hit the refresh button in the title bar to bring up the login box for the proxy server. The login box is not hiding behind the window - I have checked that. This only happens with IE8. IE7 & 6 bring up the login box straight away without the need for refresh. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this discrepancy with IE8 ? ...

Working with Pivot Tables
I have something I can't figure out how to do because of the dynamic aspect of the pivot table. I've put a sample document at http://veritasinsurance.com/sample.xls If you look at the tab "Pivot Table" and read the OBJECTIVE you'll see what I'm trying to do. This might not be possible without VBA code which I'm not sure I want to get into. It can definitely be done w/o VBA. A couple questions: -do you have to be working with a pivot table? sometimes in cases like this is easier to use the formulas against raw data rather than against a pivot table. ...

Cell Contents, displaying *
Hi, Im new here but just wanted to know if anyone knows how to change th contents of a cell to ****'s Like in a password, if i wanted to enter 1234 but have it displayed a ****. Anyone?! Cheers Andy by the way, 1234 is not my ATM pin so dont go stealing it ; -- atomic_pop ----------------------------------------------------------------------- atomic_pope's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32058 one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ** If your cell may contain text...

Naming Pivot Table Paramater Report
I have asked similar question some 10 days back but could not locate it now. Pl Excuse. I also forgot to click the 'notify me' box below. I want to give name to the Pivot Table Report just like we give names to the 'view' facility. At present I have to save the different format of the report in separate worksheets thereby increasing the file size. Instead, I would like to have one data sheet and only one report with a choice of different names so that I can have same report views from different angles e.g. Regionwise Productwise Sales, Salesmanwise monthwise Sales, Produc...

Pivot table
Can you include custom entities for the pivot table reports in CRM 3.0 ? What are the disadvantage of using pivot vs. srs. ? Thanks ...

insert ReadText Data into temp table
Hi, I want to insert result of readtext into a temp table. I am working on crystal report . Crystal report text objtect has a text limit thats why I want to split data stored in db in multiple rows. the column filed is text type . Please help me. Thanks, Hemant On Thu, 20 May 2010 18:35:34 +0530, "Hemant" <Hemant@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to insert result of readtext into a temp table. >I am working on crystal report . Crystal report text objtect has a text >limit thats why I want to split data stored in db in multiple rows. ...

Show filter on table
I have a table to which I have applied a filter. Is there anyway to see what the filter criteria is (yes, I should remember as I only did it 30 mins ago) as I need to know it. Thanks Andy, switch the table to design view open the property dialog for the table (from a button on the toolbar) on the property dialog, next to the Filter property you will find the last filter you applied. Jeanette Cunningham "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:059D2D38-B83C-44F0-905B-9162B89FEA09@microsoft.com... >I have a table to which I have applied a filter. I...

Displaying data sort order as descriptive text in footer
I have a spreadsheet that will be printed and sorted (in different orders) frequently. It's an inventory list. While Excel allows me the capability to sort the data by various columns I don't see a way (by function, field, etc) to grab a descriptive string describing that sort order (e.g., the text "Serial Number, Lease Expiration Date"). What I'd like to do is put this descriptive text in the footer of the document so that sort order is properly indicated to the user without the user having to change the footer manually to match their own desired sort order. ...

set row height based on contents of cell
I would like to set the height of rows 30,31,32 to 0 based on the contents of A30, A31, A32 respectively. How do I can I do this in a macro? Thanks! somewhat similarly, I would like to set the column width of columns n through u to 0 if cells in those columns 2,32 are all blank. Example Column m has text in M1 but m2:m32 is all blank, I would like it's width to be 0. How can I do this? ...

Net Display How to display Tendered and Change
How can i display Tendered and Change values on the Net Display . I found a way to show the Tendered and Change fields but they do not show any values once those are entered on the register screen Thanks Robert Has anyone seen this before ? Anyone know how to resolve this "Robert" wrote: > How can i display Tendered and Change values on the Net Display . > I found a way to show the Tendered and Change fields but they do not show > any values once those are entered on the register screen > Thanks > Robert > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ...

Cells display as R5C5. How do I change it to display E5?
The default rows and columns on Excel are both displayed in numbers. How do I change the Columns to display the letters of the alphabet as it did on on Excel 2003? Tools>options>general deselect R1C1 reference style -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "FinanceTrainer" <FinanceTrainer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C5A1C77-F32E-4081-A062-5EE114581172@microsoft.com... > The default rows and columns on Excel are both displayed in numbers. How > do > I change the Columns to display the letters of the alphabet as it did on >...

Temporary Table
The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed.Remove the temporary table at the database level. ...

Recording the contents of a cell in a macro
I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to create quotes. I've created a formula to create a random number (ok, I know it's not really random and unrepeating but for my purposes, it's close enough) to represent the quote number. I've recorded a macro that copies the entire workbook and paste's special values to lock in the quote number. Then I go to the cell that contains the quote number and copy the contents of the cell so that when I print to PDF, I want to paste that quote number in as the filename. However, it never seems to either copy the contents or paste them (...

Filtered view linked table behaviour from Microsoft Access
Using CRM 3.0 and Microsoft Access 2003 We have a legacy database using access that linked to Golmine (dbase) contacts for the pupose of contact lookup which is then used in a quotation table and subsequent lookup of address information on a printed "Quote" form. This has been in place for years and has performed well. We are changing from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 and I am having trouble with the behaviour of the linked dbo.filteredcontact view. The view does link and can be used in another access table (say Quote) to lookup a contact ID. However a access query that joins the CRM ...

Pole Display setup
I Have a WINCOR NIXDORF pole Display I cannot get to work.. The Display runs from COM4, but COM4 has an explanation mark showing (CODE 10) The Resources should be : I/O Range 0270 – 0277 IRG 11 I have tried uninstalling the port and installing again but still (CODE 10) Am I missing something??? Please help Thanks Dan Updating your drivers? Or at least install the correct one. "Danc383@hotmail.com" <Danc383hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDC46976-EB0B-408E-9B25-1771FBCF7652@microsoft.com... >I Have a WINCOR NIXDORF pole Display I cannot ge...

Selecting a table for Rowsource
I have a combo box whose data source will be the fields from on of 10 possible tables. I want the user to select which table will provide the values for the combo box by selecting the table name from a list. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks in advance, this group is very helpful. Dave B On 11 May 2007 07:37:07 -0700, Dave wrote: > I have a combo box whose data source will be the fields from on of 10 > possible tables. I want the user to select which table will provide > the values for the combo box by selecting the table name from a list. > Is this possible? If ...

Wrapped text is not displaying in Excel
Suddenly wrapped text is not displaying in Excel. I can select the cell and see the text in the function bar that it is in the cell and if I turn off wrapping it displays. None of this text is very long. Thoughts? How long is not very long? If it's a little long <bg>, you could add alt-enters (to force a new line within the cell) every 80 to 100 characters. 18000rpm wrote: > > Suddenly wrapped text is not displaying in Excel. I can select the cell and > see the text in the function bar that it is in the cell and if I turn off > wrapping it displays. None of this t...

Pivot table calculated field #2
As in XL 2000 I did not see calculated field when I right click on pivot table? Also what XL XP pivot table can do more than XL 2000 . Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks San To create a calculated field, on the Pivot menu choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field. To see what was added in Excel 2002: What's New for Microsoft Excel 2002 Developers http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbaxl10/html/xlWhatsNew.asp You can download a product guide, which includes the changes to PivotTables: http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/evaluation/...