tab options word 2007

My tab options under the headings home, insert, page layout keep minimising
and won't stay there - I'm sure I had them there permanently before.  Does
anyone know how to get them back

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:26:01 -0800, Nicole
<Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My tab options under the headings home, insert, page layout keep minimising
>and won't stay there - I'm sure I had them there permanently before.  Does
>anyone know how to get them back

Press Ctrl+F1, or double-click any tab, or right-click the tab area
and click Minimize the Ribbon to uncheck it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Outlook 2007 Can't receive email messages
I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Julio wrote: > I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I > keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Have you tried using the same login credentials recorded or used in Outlook when using the webmail interface to your e-mail account? Using the webmail client will let you know if the login credentials are correct and haven't been changed. If the logi...

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Error message with Outlook 2007
I am running into problems with some of my users with previews. The error message I am getting is This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the previewer. To open the file double-click it. I found out the problem. Uninstall google desktop.. Just as an FYI "Joe" <josephadeluca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40EFABD0-33C0-449A-A48E-75CD67B8C648@microsoft.com... > I am running into problems with some of my users with previews. The error > message I am getting is > This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the previewer. To > ope...

Is Version Updated after sp-1 is updated on Money 2007
After you get the automatic software downloaded is it necessary to click onto the sp-1 to install? -- Deb No it is automatic. If I recall, after the SP1 is downloaded, you are prompted to close Money and restart it. After you restart Help > About should give you a version number ending in .1024. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Rebelleheart" <Rebelleheart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Paste hyperlink in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I Insert > Hyperlink the dialog box pops up. I always was able to cut and paste or drag the URL into the &quot;Link to&quot; box. Now all is grayed out. How can I cut and paste or drag to this box? The Menus & Toolbars are typically not available when foreground dialog windows are open. Use the standard cut/copy/paste keystrokes: Copy: Command+C Cut: Command+X Paste: Command+V HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/21/10 12:11 PM, in article 59bb73c1.-1@webcros...

Priority Option on the MO Entry Window
Is there a way to set the default (Low medium or High) in the Manufacturing Order Entry Window? I would like it to default to Low, but it now defaults to medium... thanks! -- Doug Dear Doug, Actually it does not exist as option, but if you have VBA module registered, this will be easily customized, just add the form and the priority field to VBA and paste the following code lines: Private Sub Window_AfterOpen() Priority.Value = 1 End Sub Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://...

How to "transfer" or "copy" an SSL certificate from Exchange 2000 to Exchgange 2007
Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000 server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007 server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client authorization. The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have things like OWA and Ac...

No Import Option
I am using Outlook 2002. I click on FILE, then IMPORT & EXPORT. A window pops up with only EXPORT as an option. Where is the IMPORT option? Wilf <wilfmorrison@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002. I click on FILE, then IMPORT & > EXPORT. A window pops up with only EXPORT as an option. > Where is the IMPORT option? Perhaps you don't have the importers installed. There should be one exporter and five (I think) importers. -- Brian Tillman ...

Updating Money Deluxe 2007 question
Will Microsoft keep the Money updates available permanently, as they do with updates for old operating systems like Windows 98? The reason I ask is that, at least in my experience, Money updates have never been a manually downloadable file, but rather once you install the program, Money calls out on the Internet and looks for updates. If Microsoft doesn't keep the updates online, is there any way to download the update files now for permanent keeping? I did a test. I installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my Virtual PC. As soon as I went into the program after installation, it updated ...

publishing a report in Word
I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in the Word file as well? Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17 <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the Image control and the ...

Quantity Shortage Options
When I have a shortage while entering a sales order, I want to be able to Backorder Balance in the Quantity Shortage Options, but that is not an option. The Help window tells me to make sure the item is checked to "Allow Backorders" and it is, but the backorder options still do not show up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! -- AB You need to enable Back Order transferring on your SOP document type. In addition, you will need to have a back order document setup and assign to the Back Order ID field EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT USING BACKORDER DOCUMENTS. To verify this, go...

Error that prevents Copy Worksheet to another Tab
When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another excel file, I get the error listed below. I can move the worksheet, I just can not copy it. Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file ‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons: • The file name or path does not exist. • The file is being used by another program. • The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook. Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open a file. The program has not problem opening fi...

Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????
We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save 2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error " There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007. Is the word converter compatible with Serv...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

Word 2008: PDF as icon?
Hi all, I've a quite particular issue with Word:mac 2008: I have to attach to a document a PDF file as icon. I go into Insert -> Object -> From File and I select my .pdf using the check on "Display as icon". After clicking "Ok" I get a window where I have to choose the page I want to insert and then it doesn't put the icon, but it copies the page in the Word document as image! Does anyone have a clue? I want it displayed as an icon. Thanks and regards. Sorry: Word 2008 can insert only Office files as icons. Use Help>Send feedback to tell Microsoft you...

ReInstallation of Outlook Client off line version on Vista Office 2007 Version 3.0vc
Has anybody successfully managed to achieve this as i need to add a new user to a vista machine which already has a CRM offline user attached. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx Following the above link i know works fine for XP and 2003, but as things have changed in 2007 the above i am sure would not work with the new SQL Database that is installed with Vista and Outlook 2007. Any ideas. ...

outlook 2003 / word 2000 conflick
I just installed outlook 2003 and now my office 2000 professional does not work with email. in options it only list word 2003 how do I get word 2000 to work with the new 2003 out look? You can't. Outlook and Word need to be the same version for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07e301c47470$18cc2e10$7d02280a@phx.gbl... >I just installed outlook 200...

coloring picklist options
Hi, I saw in stunnware jscript code for coloring the options of a picklist, but can I maintain the color after the selection so it stays on the form after the pickup? (The CRM replaces the colors with background blue and white text) Thanks. //TODO: Replace <name of your picklist field> with the schema name of the picklist in question. var list = crmForm.all.<name of your picklist field>; //using the first option here, you need to find the one you need. var option = list.options[0]; //Set the background color to red. option.style.backgroundColor = "#FF0000"; //Set t...

Why is "image and text" option grayed out for some buttons in the customization?
It so happens that the most frequently used buttons on the tool bar are the up-arrow and down-arrow (the ones that move to the next/previous item). As I tried to assign short-cut key to them, however, i found that the "image and text" option is grayed out - for that matter, all other display options are grayed out - when you go into customization mode. Why is "image and text" option unavailable for some buttons? ...

when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting
When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting. For example - paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc. It does not adopt the format of the original document. I know that I could use Format Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too time consuming to do so. Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEBA41C-0657-4...

Publisher: business name or word in all font styles
I like to create logos and do business graphic design. I would really like to have a tool in Publisher where I could type in the name of the company and have Publisher creat a list in a pop-up or page with it in every font style that is available. If this is already available, sorry - but please let me know how to do it. Publisher 2003 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this li...

Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?
Hi, We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart functionality from Visio. Our goal is to create a macro within the Word template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open for users to use. Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is closed. I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to go from there: Sub Visio() Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbN...

"Disappearing" lines of text in Word docs
I've noticed a really unusual intermittent bug in my version of MS Word. Suppose there are two consecutive lines of text in my document, Line A and Line B. I want to insert a new line between Lines A & B, so I position the cursor in between them and hit return (not highlighting Line B beforehand, because I'm not trying to get rid of it). When I do so, Line B seems to disappear, with the cursor (and empty line in front of it) taking the place of Line B. However, when I hit "page up" or "page down", Line B reappears. Anyone know why this might ...

Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing