Strange symbols in word 2007 document. Help

When I opened a document I had been typing in Word 2007, it opened with
strange symbols instead of text (boxes, numbers, characters in other
languages). I have tried to open it on another computer with word 2003 and it
closes immediately. The font says everything is in times new roman or
calibiri, so I don't know why everything is in symbols now. Thanks

Have you tried Open and Repair?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kareed" <kareed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I opened a document I had been typing in Word 2007, it opened with
> strange symbols instead of text (boxes, numbers, characters in other
> languages). I have tried to open it on another computer with word 2003 and it
> closes immediately. The font says everything is in times new roman or
> calibiri, so I don't know why everything is in symbols now. Thanks

0
Stefan

Vlookup Help #6
Hi, please help me out: i have two excel files: First File contains few numbers in A column: eg: 5106134 5123866 773832 Now, i have another file which conatins some codes for these numbers but please note that the this file may conatain thie same number mor than 1 time as well, and all the times the code may be same or may not eg: Second File: 5106134 SRST 5123866 ACSS 5106134 RPRG 773832 CHFO 5123866 SRST 5106134 CUED 5123866 ACSS 5123866 CUED NOW, I AM APPLYING THE FORMULA IN FIRST FILe (VLOOKUP), AND I M GETTIN THE RESULT AS: 5106134 SRST 5123866 ...

concatenate help
Hello, I am having issues with the CONCATENATE function. I am entering it correctly, and it is equaling the correct values. However, when I try to drag the cell down, it is just copying the same cell over and over as opposed to putting the correct value in the cell. Am I being clear? Please help. I have a list due tomorrow that will take a whole lot more time to finish if I can't get this function to work. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

SMS 2003 report help
I have no idea how to do this, but hopefully someone out there can help. Running SMS 2003 and I have the two reports below that I would like to combine with a change. I would like to be able to see the username and time of day usage for each user hit, not just the last usage along with everything in that first report. I would also like to just pull all the data for all games and all dates instead of having to specify. We aren't that big that I need to cut this list down. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for any help! Mark "Users that have run a specific metered s...

How do I size a Word Document to 5 x 8 inches?
I'm trying to size a document in Word to fit book or pamphlet that is 5 x 8. But I'm having a terrible time. Is there a way to size a document in Word to this size? I have Word 2003. From the File Menu, select Page Setup and then go to the Paper tab and via the Paper size pulldown, select Custom and then insert the size of your sheet. Note however, that some printers have difficulty with "Custom Sized" paper and it may be necessary to use a standard size sheet in Word (8.5 x 11) and adjust the margins so that the print area coincides with the area on whic...

Help
Hi I have produced an Excel workbook for gathering exam results and giving a score to them, counting the number of passes over a certain level etc. Each sheet is one student and I have used a little macro to name the sheet according to the name entered at the top of the sheet. My summary sheet requires certain formulae to analyse results from each worksheet. The problem is, I can easily enter the row of formulae for one student - but there could be up to 50 in a workbook! The fill action does not increment through the sheet names either when they are re-named or when they have original na...

Need Help w/ Weighted Averaging
I now want to utilize Weighted Averaging. Please find some example data below: &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 1 0.067 2 0.133 3 0.200 4 0.267 5 0.333 ----------- 15 1.000 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& The result of A6 = Sum of A1:A5 (or 15) The results of B1 to B5 are: B1 = A1/A6 (or 0.067); B2 = A2/A6 (or 0.133); B3 = A3/A6 (or 0.200), etc. The result of B6 = Sum of B1:B6 (or 1.000) Now, here's what I'm trying to achieve: - Alt...

Need Help with Report
I have a main from and subform. Main form looks up a doctor and the subform lists the doctor's patients. On the main form there are command buttons to print specific report for these patients. However, when I click on report the report comes up with only 4 out of the 5 paitients. It does not pick up the first patient. Everything else works fine except that one. This is my code for the report. I do have requery in my main form. Even after I requery, it will no show all 5 patients. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me with this. Thank you. Private Sub ADOLVC_Click...

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

System State backup fails on 2008R2 DC with DPM 2007 SP1
This error occur when creating short-term recovery point to disk. Local backup on the 2008R2 DC complete successfully. "Run a synchronization job with consistency check..." always succeed. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. /Rune Flo. Alert from DPM 2007 SP1 (2.0.8861.0) server: Affected area: Computer\SystemState Occurred since: 05.01.2010 21:16:37 Description: The replica of System State Computer\SystemState on alpha.<domain> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is ...

batch printing word documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to batch print word documents? Thanks. First of all, you will need to create a desktop printer, i.e. a shortcut for your printer which sits on your desktop. Look it up in Mac Help, accessible from the Finder's help menu; I can't give you any details since the method to do that varies quite a lot depending on your operating system (though it is surprisingly easy and intuitive in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Once you've created a desktop printer, simply drag all the Word documents you intend to print onto the desktop printer icon. On 29/11/2007 2:58, in arti...

Newbie needs help with table
I have created a database with two tables: Product Orders The product table contains the following fields: ProdID Descr OnHand the orders table contains: CustID ProdID QTYOrdered Cost When I created the Orders table I wanted to use the ProdID on the Product table as a lookup field. When I created the lookup type I selected from the Product Table the ProdID and Descr. When I try to do data entry the system does not properly input the data into the orders ProdID table. What I want is to display the ID AND the Description but I only want the ID placed in the or...

can't copy text to new pub document
I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand why this is happening. How do I get it to copy the entire page as is? I am using Ctrl A or Select All. Thank you. Oh, another thing to add: Even if I select only a single text box, it will not copy any text. "lindalou" wrote: > I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It > will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand > why this is happening. How d...

Help me with formula
I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across. EX. A B C D E F G ---------------------------------------------- 1 500 25 75 800 (200) 2 3 4 5 6 7 My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this : Column A+B+D-E=G I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer. I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone. -- thatsall ------...

#REF! error with Multiple Documents
I keep receiving a #REF! error when I try to use VLOOKUP to find data in one document and bring it to another. If both documents are open all the numbers are fine. However when I close the book with the data I receive the error, or when the vlookup book is opened it does it. If tell it to update the data error, if I don't update error. What is weird is I have other documents that work fine, with the same equation. Please help because I'm lost on this issue. Happens Excel 2007 and 2010. =VLOOKUP(A2,'C:\Users\USER\Documents\BOOK DATA.xlsx'!Data[#All],2,FALSE) Som...

OWA and word-wrap
Gurus, I just noticed another item that you may be able to help me fix in Exchange 2000 and that is messages do not include word wrapped text. Therefore, I needed to open the message to a full screen to view the contents of the message. However, when I hit the forward or reply to, the text become word wrapped text. Is that fixable? Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissio...

Powerpoint 2007 File Conversion
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I recently created a presentation on my work computer in Powerpoint 2007 with the following extension - .pptx. I'm unable to open this file with my current version of Office for Mac v.11.5.1. I get a dialogue box telling me to download Office 2004 Update 11.5.0 so that I can use the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac. When I download the installer and try to run it, I get an error message that states: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the...

Help identifying virus
I get an email. Almost instantly another email "arrives" with the same subject but containing the following text: --- begin quote Hello How are you doing recently? I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew. Their website is www.ebakm.com They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need,like Laptops ,GPS ,TV LCD,Cell Phones,PS3,MP3/4,Watch etc........ Please take some time to have a check ,there must be something you 'd like to purchase . Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company ! Best Regar...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...

Help Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :-(
hello im new, my names Gary an im from coventry in england :-) im doing A(s)-Level ICT and currently working on a spreadsheet desig for a business including order forms customer database etc. the classi a-level ict project basically. I have a catalogue page with the products and the cutomer chooses th size of the product and how many they want etc. i want to create button that the uer clicks that then inserrts this data they hav chosen into the next available space on the order form worksheet, ho would i do this? i probably sound really stupid :confused: but i would really help me if you c...

Export from EXcel to jpg with 2007
Tom Ogilvy posted the following code some time back and it works wonderfully in Excel 2003 but, of course, encounters problems in 2007. Can anyone give suggestions for bringing it up to date for 2007? Sub ExportPicAsJpg() Dim chTemp As Chart Dim picCopy As Picture Dim dWidth As Double Dim dHeight As Double Dim shNew As Worksheet Set picCopy = Selection Set chTemp = Charts.Add Set shNew = Sheets.Add dWidth = picCopy.Width dHeight = picCopy.Height Application.ScreenUpdating = False With chTemp .SetSourceData Sou...

viewing publisher documents
How can I view a publisher document without publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Esther Feldman <Esther Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How can I view a publisher document without publisher? a) With the Publisher Demo, available at Microsoft.com for the cost of shipping and handling. b) By getting the creator or sender of the file to convert it to PDF using a free application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this me...

I need help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? ...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

add-in for Goal Seek on a data point excel 2007
Does any one know of an add-in or macro that will allow the goal seek ability on a data point to work in excel 2007 the way it did in the prior versions of excel? I know of no such add-in. I imaging a clever programmer could develop one in a week or so of intense head scratching and fist pounding. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kendal" <kendal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CE1B286-3111-4BC5-9D5D-A84B8D350B88@microsoft.com... > Does ...

Command Button
I would appreciate any help with this. I have a command button on my main form that when you click on it it will take you to the main switchboard and the reports page. This is the what I have now. My Switchboard has two pages. Page one has forms and button to go to the second page which lists reports. This only takes me to the main switchboard. If I type [SwitchboardID] is says there is no such field. I want the command button to take me to the second page of the switchboard and open reports. This is the info in the switchboard table for Reports. SwitchboardID = 2; ItemNumber =...