Simple form, impossible to find a solution

Hi all,
My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word 2007
in the same way I used them in Word 2003.
Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table with 3
columns (example):
       |Name|                                |Address|
|phone number|
Now I wish to place text fields in each row.

       [Text field]                           [Text field]
    [Text field]

My question:

When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar to Word
2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the coursor whent
automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to fill the
first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?

The lock icon is still available, but harder to find. Go to Office button >
Word Options > Customize. Set the command category dropdown to All Commands.
Scroll down and click on the Lock command in the list. Click the Add button
in the middle of the dialog, and then click OK.

This adds the lock button to the Quick Access Toolbar, and you can use the
form exactly as in Word 2003.

Instead of opening a "document" and locking it, save an empty locked form as
a template. Then use the New command (on the Office button menu) to make new
form documents based on the template, and they'll open with the form already
locked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

1abc wrote:
> Hi all,
> My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word
> 2007 in the same way I used them in Word 2003.
> Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table
> with 3 columns (example):
>       |Name|                                |Address|
>> phone number|
> Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
>
>       [Text field]                           [Text field]
>    [Text field]
>
> My question:
>
> When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar
> to Word 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and
> the coursor whent automatically to the very first text field to be
> filled, in order to fill the first field and to skip to the next
> one(s) using the Tab key?

0
Jay
6/4/2010 5:18:22 PM
First, display the Developer tab: Click the Office button, and then click Word
Options. In the Popular category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon."
Click OK.

On the Developer tab, click the Legacy Tools button (in the Controls group) to
insert the form fields of previous versions. To enforce the protection, click
the Protect Document button (in the Protect group).

Note that you can add the Lock command to the Quick Access Toolbar (via Office
button | Word Options | Customize); that way, you can turn protection on/off a
bit quicker.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"1abc" <1abc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word 2007
> in the same way I used them in Word 2003.
> Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table with 3
> columns (example):
>       |Name|                                |Address|
> |phone number|
> Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
>
>       [Text field]                           [Text field]
>    [Text field]
>
> My question:
>
> When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar to Word
> 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the coursor whent
> automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to fill the
> first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 5:26:24 PM
Hi Jay and Stefan,

So far I managed to find the "Protect document" button in the Developper's
Ribbon.

As I use a Dutch interface it's a bit difficult to sort this out.
Given the importance of this issue for me and due to the fact that I have to
use both Word 2003 and 2007 in my PC in order to be able to use a huge amount
of forms created in 2003 as I can't find the way to use them in 2007, I'd
really appreciate if you could contact me on private. Maybe we could reach an
aggreement on how to get a kind of wizzard with screenshots in order to solve
this important problem for me.

The final result I'd like to reach in Word 2007 would be to start a new
document>click on dhe lock button>go to the first text field, insert the
necessary data and then skip to the next/other fields using the Tab button.

Thank you in advance.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> First, display the Developer tab: Click the Office button, and then click Word
> Options. In the Popular category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon."
> Click OK.
>
> On the Developer tab, click the Legacy Tools button (in the Controls group) to
> insert the form fields of previous versions. To enforce the protection, click
> the Protect Document button (in the Protect group).
>
> Note that you can add the Lock command to the Quick Access Toolbar (via Office
> button | Word Options | Customize); that way, you can turn protection on/off a
> bit quicker.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "1abc" <1abc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word 2007
> > in the same way I used them in Word 2003.
> > Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table with 3
> > columns (example):
> >       |Name|                                |Address|
> > |phone number|
> > Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
> >
> >       [Text field]                           [Text field]
> >    [Text field]
> >
> > My question:
> >
> > When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar to Word
> > 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the coursor whent
> > automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to fill the
> > first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?
>

> .

You should not have to lock the new document provided the template is
locked.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

> [...]
>> > with 3
>> > columns (example):
>> > ==================================================
>> >       |Name|                                |Address|
>> > |phone number|
>> > ==================================================
>> > Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
>> >
>> >       [Text field]                           [Text field]
>> >    [Text field]
>> >
>> > My question:
>> >
>> > When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar to
>> > Word
>> > 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the coursor
>> > whent
>> > automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to
>> > fill the
>> > first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 10:38:13 PM
Ensure that any form created in Word 2007 for use in Word 2003 is saved in
Word97-2003 document format or when opened via the converter in Word 2003,
the form will be unlocked. Forms created and protected in Word 2003 should
work exactly the same in Word 2007.

For  help on creating protected forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm

In order to use form fields in Word 2007, you will need to display the
Developer tab (Office Button > Word Options > Popular > Show the Developer
tab in the Ribbon) and then use the  Legacy Forms controls from the Legacy
Tools palette in the Controls group on that tab. You will find those
controls more accessible if you modify the ribbon as described at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> [...]
>> > with 3
>> > columns (example):
>> > ==================================================
>> >       |Name|                                |Address|
>> > |phone number|
>> > ==================================================
>> > Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
>> >
>> >       [Text field]                           [Text field]
>> >    [Text field]
>> >
>> > My question:
>> >
>> > When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar to
>> > Word
>> > 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the coursor
>> > whent
>> > automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to
>> > fill the
>> > first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?

0
Graham
6/5/2010 5:06:52 AM
I wish to thank all of you Jay, Stefan, Suzanne and Graham for the right
suggestion and help.
Once I identified the right'"Lock button" and added it to my Word 2007 tools
ribbon all works perfectly and in the same way as in Word 2003.

"1abc" wrote:

> Hi all,
> My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word 2007
> in the same way I used them in Word 2003.
> Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table with 3
> columns (example):
>        |Name|                                |Address|
> |phone number|
> Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
>
>        [Text field]                           [Text field]
>     [Text field]
>
> My question:
>
> When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar to Word
> 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the coursor whent
> automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to fill the
> first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?
I wish to warn those same persons that if you ever contact that them =
unsolicited requesting paid consulting services they should ignore you.  =

>I wish to thank all of you Jay, Stefan, Suzanne and Graham for the =
right=20
> suggestion and help.
> Once I identified the right'"Lock button" and added it to my Word 2007 =
tools=20
> ribbon all works perfectly and in the same way as in Word 2003.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "1abc" wrote:
>=20
>> Hi all,
>> My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word =
2007=20
>> in the same way I used them in Word 2003.
>> Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table =
with 3=20
>> columns (example):=20
>> =

>>        |Name|                                |Address|                =
      =20
>> |phone number|
>> =

>> Now I wish to place text fields in each row.
>>=20
>>        [Text field]                           [Text field]            =
      =20
>>     [Text field]
>>=20
>> My question:
>>=20
>> When I open this form and want to fill it in, is there a way similar =
to Word=20
>> 2003 where I used to click on the icon with the padlock and the =
coursor whent=20
>> automatically to the very first text field to be filled, in order to =
fill the=20
>> first field and to skip to the next one(s) using the Tab key?
0
Greg

No Form Assistant in Quote Product Screen
While entering data in the QuoteProduct screen, no Form Assistant is available. Is it the usual feature or I need to configure something to view the Form Assistant? Also is it possible to see contact hierarchy in an account in the form of a Organisational Chart? Is their any add-on available in relation to this? ...

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

Exchange 2003...Queues...Find Messages...icons?
I regularily view messages that have been in the queue on Exchange 2003. If I select one of the domains of the messages in the queue and do a find messages I get a window with the various messages. The messages will have an icon beside them that varies. I am unable to find any documentation to describe the significance of the various icons under sender. Here are a few that I have seen: 1) A normal envelope 2) An envelope with a red circle around a red square in the lower right corner 3) no icon Anyone now where I can find a description of these and there significance? TIA R...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

Junk "Microsoft" emails - Possible Partial Solution
Like a lot of people on these forums, I've been bombarded with virused / junk email from "Microsoft" , "MS" etc. I can telnet to my www provider and use Pine set up a rule to delete all emails where the sender is "Microsoft", and this would help a lot. The problem is the "Deleting" is not the same in Pine as "Expunging", so, in the end, my Outlook winds up downloading the Deleted messages. The tech support there does not have an answer for this one. Is there a way in Pine to set up a rule to "Expunge" rather than "Delete&...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

Appending in a sub form
I am creating a venue ticket tracking DB in Access '07. tblVenueEvent has info about Venue, date, time, event with a VenueEventID (key field) which is linked to tblTicketInfo which has section, seat, row, etc. I set up an entry form completing VenueEvent info with a sub form for ticket info. Some of the venues have a standard set of seats that I want to "auto populate" into the sub fom. I have set up a Venue table with the standard seats for the venue. I can set up an Append Query on the sub form, which does append the tblTicketInfo, but does not capture the VenueEven...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

form error
Help! I am using a command button from a subform to open form and I am getting an error. It says "the table tbleActivityNote is already opened exclusively by another user, or is already opened by the user interface and cannot be opened programically". I have this same concept on 3 other forms with now problems. THanks for any ideas. Did you bind your forms to tables or queries? You should be using queries. sue gray wrote: >Help! I am using a command button from a subform to open form and I am >getting an error. It says "the table tbleActivityNote is already...

Multiple Item Forms
Hi. I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms. I want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called 'SurveyA'. The multiple item form should then only display the records in a table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number. As the ID number is changed a new group of records should be displayed in the form. I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box (i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item forms. Please help. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:2...

find match then change cell value

Routing Forms
I'd like to create a form in a public folder that a user can fill out and click submit. When they click submit, the form would go to an internal recipient who would either approve or reject it. If they reject it a notice goes back to the sender. If they approve it, it would go onto the next level for approval. Is this possible? Are there any good directions? Thanks, Glenn Same here. GroupWise has this function, and we used it heavily. I need to do some deep research on it again. Todd "Glenn" <nospam@monsonschools.com> wrote in message news:%23EajC2pkEHA.2340@T...

Find what control is using a data item
I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a popup asking for the value of those 2 columns. The problem is, I don't use those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted columns. I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column names. How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns? I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query that fed the form. "MeSteve"...

Open Continuous form with a few lines showing
Hi I have successfully implemented a continuous form to open at a new line with RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew in the Load Event However, you have to manually scroll a little to see a few of the previous records. It would be nice to see up to 5 of these previous lines on Opening the form Is there a way to modify this code to do that? Thanks Neil Change the form's underlying record source to a Top 5 query. In a query's design view, right click in a blank area, and choose properties. Set the Top Values to 5, then adjust your criteria and order by clause to ret...

Set Enabled On All Controls in a Form?
I am trying to set all controls visible, unlocked, and enabled, as the baseline for disabling or locking down some fields based on other criteria. Here's what I tried, which gives me an "Invalid or unqualified reference" error: Function SetEnabledFieldsBase() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls .Enabled = True .Visible = True .Locked = False Next ctl End Function I based this on several examples that were intended to do something to all text boxes on a form. (I have never done this before, so sorry if this i...

connect to simple COM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable is there a simple example on C or CPP or MFC how i can connect to simple = COM that has one interface and some methods with their arguments thank you Dani ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Find a text
Hi all I am trying to find a text and delate a Row if the text is in the row. But I am not sure how to do it. Can someone help me? Option Explicit Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If Cell = "Samtals hreyfing:" Then ‚the text Samtals hreyfing sin in in the column E:E ‚If the text Samtals hreyfing: is in the row then I want to delete the Row End If Next Cell End Sub I think you may be looking for this... Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Columns("E")) ...

Help with formula: finding text
Hi, I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell with a list of names in a table. If there is a match it should return a associated text to the matched name from the table. If no match it should just leave the cell blank. Thanks in advance Jonas Hi =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "Jonas Ornborg" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell > with a list of names in a table. If there is a match...

find related messages not working
I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned and he claims nothing was changed. Hello, please use scanpst.exe and if it isnt working after that, try to use ? | see and repair >-----Original Message----- >I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related >messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned >and he claims nothing was changed. >. > ...

rudimentary database form maybe?
Several times a week i have a group of students penning out forms - i then spend the afternoon typing them all into a spreadsheet or a word table which i can use as a rudimentary database I'm looking for a method of using an electronic form for the students to complete directly My problem is that several students will be completing their own form/record/row simultaneously on several different (networked) computers and need these to appear as seperate records/rows I can't use Access since the company don't have it installed - but i don't mind using Word table or Excel s...

find microsoft.public.mac.office at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.mac.office without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=34 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...