Setting default zoom

Can I set up Word 2007 so that every document automatically opens with 100%
zoom, or at least the same zoom the document had when last saved? For some
reason, Word documents always open with reduced zoom, too small to read for
an old bloke like me. If I could get the documents to open at 100% zoom it
would save the need to change the zoom setting every time I open a document.
--
Alan Neilsen

Change the zoom setting -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
or
You can control the zoom with auto macros in normal.dot. The following will
set it to 100% zoom regardless of what the document thinks it should be.
Change the 100 to any preferred zoom level. I have included also some of the
other regular problem fixes, but you can remove the extra lines if required.
If you want normal rather than print layout view swap the apostrophe from
the beginning of the line where indicated to the other.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
 ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
With ActiveWindow.View
'**********************
    .Type = wdPrintView
    '.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
    .Zoom.Percentage = 100
    .DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
With ActiveWindow.View

'**********************
    .Type = wdPrintView
    '.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
    .Zoom.Percentage = 100
    .DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
End Sub

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Alan Neilsen" <AlanNeilsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I set up Word 2007 so that every document automatically opens with
> 100%
> zoom, or at least the same zoom the document had when last saved? For some
> reason, Word documents always open with reduced zoom, too small to read
> for
> an old bloke like me. If I could get the documents to open at 100% zoom it
> would save the need to change the zoom setting every time I open a
> document.
> --
> Alan Neilsen

0
Graham

Settings to send JPEG-Pictures with Windows Mail.
Hallo Experts, my english is not so good, but I hope you will understand the following question: I want to send JPEG-Pictures with "Windows Mail" runnig under Windows Vista. Usually I clicked the JPEG-Picture and a Window opened. I could chose to send it to an addressee by Windows Mail. Then I coud also chose the size of pixels. Then the "Windows Mail" window opened and I could typ in the adresse, subjekt and some text. This feature does not function any more since I made a new setup of my computer. Everthing else is functioning well. I know only a very small adj...

Charting 2 Sets of Data
I have 2 sets of data. One set is in Billions (AUM) and I would like to have that be a bar chart. I would also like a line through the data that show Revenue, Expenses, and Net Income but this set is in the Millions so I need to have it scale appropriately. Any thoughts? I'm clearly not a Chart Guru thus asking for help, thx. Ok I figured it out my bad for even asking . . . "Darin" wrote: > I have 2 sets of data. One set is in Billions (AUM) and I would like to have > that be a bar chart. I would also like a line through the data that show > Revenue, Ex...

How to change Default Offline Address List server??
How to change Default Offline Address List server if you have multiple Administrative groups aka multiple exchange server in different sites?? We are looking to change Default Offline Address List server. Actually we were on 5.5 and while migration, we started from one of the remote site connected via wan-link. Since, this is the first exchange server to be migrated to 2003, this became the HOME SERVER for Offline Address List aka Offline Address List Server. Now, we want to move this server to cluster from EXCHANGE SYSTEM MANAGER - RECIPIENTS - OFFLINE ADDRESS LIST - DEFAULT OFFLINE ADDRESS...

Can't set cell.formula in Excel XP but Excel 2000 is OK
Hi! I have created a VB 6.0 app that read/writes to Excel Templates via OLE using late binding. The main problem is that it seems impossible to write a formula to a cell in sheet in Excel XP, but it works OK for one formula (or reference) in Excel 2000. The VB code looks like below, '--- xlWB.Sheets("Report").Activate xlWB.Sheets("Report").Range("B5").Select xlWB.Sheets("Report").Range("B5").Formula = _ IIf(Left$(sFormula, 1) = "=", sFormula, "=" & sFormula) '--- The formula in the example is like, sFormula ...

Entourage 2008 is not default mail sender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I open up a file and then want to send it, i go to FILE- Send as mail- and the other Mac mail program comes up (imail i think). I have changed the settings in that program to make Entourage my default mail but, I can't figure out how to fix this glitch..... I'm ready to toss this thing!!!!! I am missing my Dell so so bad. Once you have made this change, you may have to quit the application you are currently running before this change is registered. In other words, if Mail was set as the default a...

Set-up Question Please
I reinstalled Outlook 2000 on my new home computer (no network, single user) and everything is working okay except there are 2 sets of personal folders, inbox, calendars wtc. & the mail is going to the wrong inbox. How can I direct the mail to the right inbox and delete the duplicated inbox, calendar, etc.? Thanks... Bob Right click on the unused personal folders file and select Close. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Advanced Find: Opportunities without any set activities
Greetings CRMers, I'm trying to build a query that shows me all those opportunities in the system that don't have any activities set ... and I'm finding that it's not straightforward at all. It seems that selecting related activity/due date selects only opportunities with activities, not activites with the specificed criteria ... Is there any way to do this out of the box? Or do I need to find another way altogether? Thanks, Mike ...

email account set up
I'm trying to set up my email account in outlook 2002 but whenn i test the settings i get the error message "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the email address field." i entered my email address as sieleman and as sieleman@mchsi.com. I know that this is my correct email. Dell and my ISP have siad that they can't help me. Please help. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to set up my email account in outlook 2002 but >whenn i test the settings i get the error message "Send >test e-mail message: Unable to...

Recurring Appointments Set by Deleted Users
Hello.. I'm terribly new to Exchange. *red flag!* *red flag!* We have a recurring appointment that we need to add users to, however, we cannot change the appointment because the user that organized it was deleted long ago. How can we go about changing these appointments? Thanks in advance! Re-create it. On 30 Dec 2004 10:35:48 -0800, "Basic" <cbromley@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello.. > >I'm terribly new to Exchange. *red flag!* *red flag!* We have a >recurring appointment that we need to add users to, however, we cannot >change the appointment becau...

Default Border Color Problem
I have Excel 2002. When I try to add a border to a cell, the color defaults to light grey instead of black, even though the color control under Format>> Cells>> Border says "Automatic". How can I change the default color for automatic to be black instead of light grey for ALL spreadsheets? I've seen a similar string about this before, but there was never a resolution that worked. looking forward to your help! bb Hi! One possibility: Goto>Tools>Options>View Under Window Options make sure Gridlines color is set to Automatic. Biff "Bobbie&qu...

Setting Default Domain for Logon
I am running OWA for Exchange 2003 and I have set the default domain for the default web site to mywindows2000domain.com. When I logon to OWA this doesn't seem to be working because when the user goes to logoff they get a username and pw prompt. If they login with mywindows2000domain\username when they login it works fine. I would like to not use the mywindows2000domain\username format. Any idea? Cheers! try using mywindows2000domain (netbious name of the domain) instead of mywindows2000domain.com (fqdn of the domain) -rp- "Rio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Adding Sent date to default new mail form
Is there any way to simply add the "Sent" time and date field to the default form being used for creating a mail message? My enduser print ouot the message before sending it from that form and she woudl like to see the sent date. Thanks ...

Help setting up transaction...
Looking for some assistance setting up a transaction for a home equity line. I searched the web and the Money help files and could not find a solution. I have my checking account and home equity line set up in Money 2005. I want Money to record a credit in the "line" when I make a payment in my check register. I figured out how to set up a recurring bill that will do this, however it records both the interest and the principal. I need it to only record the principal portion of the payment in the "line" account. Example: I payed $520.00 out of checking to my line. ...

I need date format to be set up as month/year.
I need date format to be set up as month/year ie 05/10 for may 2010. I have tried everything and cant seem to figure this one out? Format cells. On the number tab, select the custom category, and enter mm/yy in the textbox. HTH. --Bruce "Aaron" wrote: > I need date format to be set up as month/year ie 05/10 for may 2010. I have > tried everything and cant seem to figure this one out? Thats worked - Thanks for that. "bpeltzer" wrote: > Format cells. On the number tab, select the custom category, and enter mm/yy > in the textbox. > HTH. --Bruce...

Set validaterequest in code-behind?
Is there any way to turn validaterequest page directive on/off via code behind? If so, an example or link to one would be appreciated. I need to turn it off in cases of logged in users belonging to specific roles. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom as request validation is done before page processing events are called, you can not do it in the codebehind. -- bruce (sqlwork.com) AG wrote: > Is there any way to turn validaterequest page directive on/off via code > behind? > If so, an example or link to one would be appreciated. > > I need t...

Change Windows XP default printer from Access
Here is a tricky: I am sending data from Access to Word template, print and close Word template. What I need is to change default system printer, print from Word and return original default system printer. User prints cheques on specific printer and want to maintain document in Word template so they can easily make changes. Albert Kallal solution does not work on Windows XP - Word prints on the same printer, but when code finish execution there is no any default printer set in system. Macro in Word won't work either as they want to pick printer before printing, so I have build form which...

Folder Documents and Settings disappeared
The folder Documents and Settings disappeared from Windows Explorer. How do I make it reappear? Thank you for your help. Vista x64, SP1 In Vista (and in Windows 7), "Documents and Settings" is not a folder. Vista/Win7 uses a different file structure than XP does/did. Those familiar folder names you may be used to, like "My Documents", "Documents & Settings", etc. are not folders in Vista/Win7. They are junction points, and are used for legacy programs which were written to utilize the XP file structure. They will redirect the programs to use...

Exchange 2000 default website errors
I have a relatively new Exchange 2000 server that I put online this past fall and moved all of my 5.5 mailboxes and info store to it. Anyway, it's running well, but when I look in the IIS manager under default website, I see errors with Public, Exchange and Exadmin - red stop signs. I also see a mapped network drive (M:) that seems connected to my company's internet domain name - not sure why that's there? Any advice? Thanks, Mark ...

Can you set the time interval before ControlTipText is displayed?
Hi there, I am implementing the "hack" of placing the selected value of a list box into its ControlTipText in order for long values to be displayed when necessary as my list box cannot get any bigger: Private Sub lbxDisplay_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Fill_Display_ControlTipText End Sub Private Sub Fill_Display_ControlTipText() Dim ctlDisplay As Control, var As Variant Set ctlDisplay = Me.lbxDisplay Debug.Print ctlDisplay.ItemsSelected.Count For Each var In ctlDisplay.ItemsSelected Debug.Print ctlDisplay.ItemData(var) Me.lbxDisplay.ControlTipTex...

how do i set up readability statistics in publisher

How do I default a toolbar?
I have a special tool bar that I use, I want it to appear every time I open a drawing or make a new drawing. One issue I have is that sometimes the tooldbars will stack up, and I will have the same toolbar 3 times on my taskbar area. Please help ...

Can you set dual axis side by side column charts?
I'm trying to create a column chart where the secondary axis is next to the primary. Excel keeps making the 2 overlap, how do I make them set side by side. This is so annoying but Jon has solved the problem, see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Shane Daniel" <Shane Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D102C7-423F-45DB-9DD2-0C075C212C51@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a column chart where the secondary axis is next to > t...

Setting a default sort for a range
How do I set a default data sort on a selected range in Exel. I select from the collumn that the data need to be sorted on. But I have to select decending all the time and select no header row all the time. All I want to do is select the range to sort and hit OK. Have a look in help index for OFFSET and It might be best to define a name for the range to sort insert>names>define>name it anything you desire (sortrange)>in the refers to box =offset($a$2,0,0,counta($a:$a),6) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "cHris" <cHris@discussions.micro...

Setting one modeless dialog on top of the other
Is this possible? I have two modeless dialogs, and I have no problems with them being over the parent window. But I want one window to be over top the other (preferably, actually, one to be UNDER all others, but I'll take what I can get). As of right now, I think it's whichever gets created first always ends up on top, but I wanted to change this default behavior if I can. Thanks, Scoots Let me start by saying that only child windows can't go under their parent window, sibiling windows can go back and forth all they want. You can also change who is on top programmatically by...

Subscript Effect Is Set to Default Font???
I have a problem where my default font somehow got set to using the subscript effect. When I go to Tools > Options > Mail Format > Fonts and try to change any of my fonts, the only effects it lets me enable or disable are Strikeout and Underline. I am forced to manually edit my font format every time I send an email to get rid of the subscript effect. Does anyone know how to disable this? "KaJe" <kwjohns@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190910493.597467.64360@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... >I have a problem where my default font somehow got set to using the >...