Searching documents with tables

Not sure if Windows 7 issue or word issue, but I am trying to search for text
in  word document(s) that is in a table. In Windows Explorer I type the test
in the search box and hit enter.

If the text is not in a table windows search finds it perfectly, but words
that are in a table it won't find. Is there a way around this?

VLook up table?
I need to know ware the comand is and how to create a VLookup table? thanks Check out Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions with graphics for ease of understanding. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Doesn't get any better than this. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:05:07 -0700, "bones" <bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to know ware the comand is and how to create a VLookup table? > >thanks ...

Job Search Made Easier
This site really was a surprise.Check out http://www.2getemployment.com that features over 7000 retailers and services.It also has a large employment search section as well which really helped me out. ...

Outlook 2007 conflict with Windows search
I have a problem that Outlook 2007 hangs at the splash screen on startup if the windows search service is enabled. If I shut it using task manager I get a message saying 'cannot close as awaiting a response from you'. I suspect that there could be a dialogue box hiding behind the splash screen which I cannot see. It starts fine in safe mode but to get it to start normally I have had to use msconfig to disable the Windows search service at startup. I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 and Office Pro 2007 Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? ...

Pivot Tables
I have a excel file a fairly large database in one sheet and another sheet for pivot tables from that databse. once the pivot tables are loaded the capacity jumps from a mere 175 or 200 kb to 9 or 10 mb. and gives me difficulties in saving the file in network drives. how can i keep the file to low capacity and also keep the pivot tables information. I refresh the Pivot tables only once a week and the result stays as it is till the next week. -- M Imran Buhary I used to have a similar problem. The answer, as I see it, is to recognise that the sheet with the database in it shoudl be in ...

Accessing dataset datatable table row problem
Hello I developed and tested a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1. It uses a web form. I used the XML Designer to create an XML .XSD Schema to produce a Dataset. In looking for a way to start adding data to the dataset programmatically, i found this method in just about every thing i read. Dim tripsDataSet As DataSet tripsDataSet = New DataSet("tripsDS") tripsDataSet.ReadXmlSchema("c:\inetpub\wwwroot\CoyneTruckWebServices\tripsds.xsd") tripsDataTbl = tripsDataSet.Tables("tripsTable") Dim foundTrips() ...

How can I use VBA to load the text attributes of a set of shapes in a Visio drawing, using the text strings from cells in a Word file's table? I have a diagram with a long list of test boxes (around the perimeter of a drawing). I would like to number the text boxes (as part of the shape name?) and then use a macro to get text strings for each text box from a Word file. The Visio drawing is an embedded object in the Word file itself, so possibly there is a "parent" relationship that would allow me to get the text strings without having to know the exact name and path o...

Search My Report Help
I made a report from a table that is a list of files with their hyperlink, a description column, etc. I want to make a report that has a search button at the top, and can be searched by All columns or the few columns I have. I have tried to search for answers and am new to Access. Can someone give me a good resource, give me some code help, or tell me if this is possible? You can't put command buttons on a report. Therefore you need to "search" for the data in the query that you use for the record source for the report. You can search on a form. In fact there...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Want subset of large db table and not load the entire table into access
Hello, How do I load a subset of a table from an ODBC database without linking or importing the entire table? I tried a select into statement, but it didn't work. Also, excell allows to do a query to load info into a worksheet table that is effective. Is there any way to query a database and insert that query into a table in access with out linking or importing the entire table? Thanks, Ken Hi, Ken. > Is there any way > to query a database and insert that query into a table in access with > out linking or importing the entire table? Create a view in the other database with o...

Need Parser that can read attributes of XML document...
Hello guys, I am looking for a parser in PHP that can return all the attributes of XML entities. I know how to read the XML Entities, but I have got a problem with reading attributes. So I will appreciate if you could give a parser that can return all the Entities and Attributes of respective entities as an array. For e.g.: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Controller> <NumberOfBoards>5</NumberOfBoards> <NumberOfKeypads>1</NumberOfKeypads> <QueueMode>N</QueueMode> <EntranceDelay on="5" off="5" /> <Limits minLength=&...

Search the web button
When I click on the "search the web" button it sends me to msn.com to do my search. How can I change this to a different address? ...

Cannot Read Saved Document from Works From Other Computer
I am trying to save Microsoft Works documents from my one computer which has a Windows ME operating system onto a disc that I can open on another computer which has a Windows XP operating system. When I try to open the files, I get an error message stating that Works cannot open the file, that it may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installation converters, or the file may be corrupt. I have tried renaming the file but this doesn't work. The file extension is already a .wps one so I don't think there is any conflict with the...

Table advise
I have a table that has the following ID Account Category Limit Each account may have only 1 item from each of the categories and 1 limit, for example: Credit = $5000 Cash = $1000 Check = $2000 Not: Credit = $5000 Credit = 2000 Credit = 1000 and so on At present the table I have allows each account number to have multiple accounts of each category. TIA On 2 May 2007 07:52:57 -0700, myxmaster@hotmail.com wrote: >I have a table that has the following >ID >Account >Category >Limit > >Each account may have only 1 item from each of the categories and 1 >limit, for ex...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Only one table appears realtionwship wizard
I have two tables in the same folder the realtionship wizard onlys shows one table Access 2007 You are mixing terms. Tables are not in folders. Folders are subdivisions of computer drives. Databases reside in folders on a drive. Tables are in databases, in folders, on a drive. Think of fields (Database term - Access) as being the columns (Spreadsheet term - Excel) of a table. Are your two tables in the same database or in different databases but in the same file folder on the drive? -- Build a little, test a little. "Terry" wrote: > I have two tables...

Pivot Table border formatting and pivot chart formatting
I've haven't been able to eliminate the border formatting in a pivot table. Every time I change the page selection it defaults back to having borders. Does anyone know how to correct this? I've also been having the same problem with pivot charts. When I increase the width of a line in a chart and change the page selection it defaults back to the previous format. ...

Documents in Multiple Monitors
Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing them side by side is unintuitive (compared to Word). Will this be finally addressed in Office 2007? It wasn't as of the last beta I tried. -- -C. Moya www.cmoya.com I'm able to do it with my multiple monitor setup. What problems are you having? How are you trying to do it? Craig CMM wrote: > Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard > (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing ...

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Ron de Bruin's Google Search AddIn Excel V6.0
Just downloaded and install above; having an issue,,,(here) When I go to Help, Google Search, I get pop-up Error retrieving data from Combobox1, OK (then) Error retrieving data from Combobox2, OK (then) Error retrieving data from Combobox3, OK Dialog box then comes up Blank (all fields empty) I downloaded User Manual - but do not see my particular problem; Any ideas?? Hi Jim The Access file (also in the zip file) must be in the same folder as the Add-in. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:YYT0d.1999$fA1.2...

Printing document on a specific printer using shellExecute()
I want to print a document on a specific printr by giving its name and port using shellExecute() where to pass the argument?. pl help me Now i am using char *path = "c:\\Errlog.txt"; ShellExecute(NULL, "open", path, NULL, NULL, SW_NORMAL); ShellExecute(NULL, "print", path, NULL, NULL, SW_NORMAL); Thanks T.Appasamy I doubt you can unless the application with which the file extension is associated can take an arguement which can be used to specify the printer name. -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com "Appu" <a.t.appasamy@gm...

ANN: Working with PDF documents from your .NET application
Gnostice is happy to announce the availability of a new video and several articles on working with and generating PDF documents using our newest version of PDFOne .NET v3.0. Please have a look. Video ===== http://www.gnostice.com/demos/PDFOne_dot_NET_V3_Demo/PDFOne.NET_Overview.html This video demo provides an overview of PDFOne .NET and its capabilities. PDFOne .NET can be used to create, edit, view, print, secure, and enhance PDF documents and process PDF forms. Articles ======== Generate PDF Forms In ASP.NET Using PDFOne .NET v3 http://www.gnostice.com/nl_article....

multiple indexes in one document
I have a document that lists information in a table. This information has to be split into two indexes in separate parts of the same document. Trick is that one index will need to contain all of the information and the other just certain pieces. I created the main index and it is fine, however I do not know how to double mark entries for use in the second index. There are two separate mechanisms for this, and you can use one or the other. (I would discourage trying to use both at the same time.) If all the items for the second index are together in one part of the table...

Searching Multiple Sheets
Is there a way to search multiple Excel Sheets (same workbook), other than clicking on each sheet and using the Find feature? Thank you, in advance. With XL2000 and higher, you can select multiple sheets by holding down the Ctrl key and then do Edit > Find. Or select all sheets by clicking the first sheet, hold down the SHIFT key, and click the last sheet. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to search multiple Excel Sheets (same workbook), other than clicking on each sheet and using the Find feature? Thank you, in advance. >. > Thank you ...

Combination of table records
Hi, I have this table (with 1 column, 14 records), now I need to make a new table showing all possible combinations of these records, to which I can than add more columns. BTW the table is used elsewhere. Regards Robert Can't wrap my brain around this one. Please show the records for the existing table, with the correct table and column names, and an example of the expected results. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "theredspecial" wrote: > Hi, > > I have this table (with 1 column, 14 re...