Search and verify that all forms are password protected

Is there a quick way that I can search through all of my forms and ensure
that protection is enabled on them? I've done a project of about 300 forms.
They will all be uploaded to a Sharepoint drive. Is there a quick way that I
can ensure that all of the files have protection enabled before I upload them
(without having to open every file and check)?

See the article "Skipping Password Protected Documents in a Batch Process"
at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CheckIfPWProtectB4Open.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"SelenaK" <SelenaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a quick way that I can search through all of my forms and ensure
> that protection is enabled on them? I've done a project of about 300
> forms.
> They will all be uploaded to a Sharepoint drive. Is there a quick way that
> can ensure that all of the files have protection enabled before I upload
> them
> (without having to open every file and check)?

0
Doug
11/15/2009 7:33:36 PM
Doug,
Sorry it took so long to get back. First time using the forum and I thought
I had set it to notify me of a response -- finally thought I'd better check...

Thanks for your response. I've done some programming, so I understand what
the code is doing; but I am an absolute novice when it comes to Word macros;
so I have no idea how to "implement" the code. I tried just pasting it into a
macro in Word, but that was a no-go.

If you're still out there and don't mind a truly newbie question.... How
would I actually implement/execute the code?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> See the article "Skipping Password Protected Documents in a Batch Process"
> at:
>
> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CheckIfPWProtectB4Open.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "SelenaK" <SelenaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a quick way that I can search through all of my forms and ensure
> > that protection is enabled on them? I've done a project of about 300
> > forms.
> > They will all be uploaded to a Sharepoint drive. Is there a quick way that
> > can ensure that all of the files have protection enabled before I upload
> > them
> > (without having to open every file and check)?

You probably did request notification. For some reason notifications haven't
been working, or have been working only sporadically, for some time now.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"SamsBook" <SamsBook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doug,
> Sorry it took so long to get back. First time using the forum and I
> thought
> I had set it to notify me of a response -- finally thought I'd better
> check...
>
> Thanks for your response. I've done some programming, so I understand what
> the code is doing; but I am an absolute novice when it comes to Word
> macros;
> so I have no idea how to "implement" the code. I tried just pasting it
> into a
> macro in Word, but that was a no-go.
>
> If you're still out there and don't mind a truly newbie question.... How
> would I actually implement/execute the code?
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> See the article "Skipping Password Protected Documents in a Batch
>> Process"
>> at:
>>
>> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CheckIfPWProtectB4Open.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "SelenaK" <SelenaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a quick way that I can search through all of my forms and
>> > ensure
>> > that protection is enabled on them? I've done a project of about 300
>> > forms.
>> > They will all be uploaded to a Sharepoint drive. Is there a quick way
>> > that
>> > can ensure that all of the files have protection enabled before I
>> > upload
>> > them
>> > (without having to open every file and check)?

0
Suzanne
11/28/2009 9:46:02 PM
See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"SamsBook" <SamsBook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doug,
> Sorry it took so long to get back. First time using the forum and I
> thought
> I had set it to notify me of a response -- finally thought I'd better
> check...
>
> Thanks for your response. I've done some programming, so I understand what
> the code is doing; but I am an absolute novice when it comes to Word
> macros;
> so I have no idea how to "implement" the code. I tried just pasting it
> into a
> macro in Word, but that was a no-go.
>
> If you're still out there and don't mind a truly newbie question.... How
> would I actually implement/execute the code?
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> See the article "Skipping Password Protected Documents in a Batch
>> Process"
>> at:
>>
>> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CheckIfPWProtectB4Open.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "SelenaK" <SelenaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a quick way that I can search through all of my forms and
>> > ensure
>> > that protection is enabled on them? I've done a project of about 300
>> > forms.
>> > They will all be uploaded to a Sharepoint drive. Is there a quick way
>> > that
>> > can ensure that all of the files have protection enabled before I
>> > upload
>> > them
>> > (without having to open every file and check)?

0
Doug

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" prompt
Hello. I using Outlook 2003 against our email server. Our email server is FirstClass 8. I am randomly receiving requests to enter my network password. I have entered my username and password and checked the save password checkbox but I just get prompted again. I do not know why I am being prompted for this information. It happens often enough to be disruptive at work. I have set Outlook to check for new mail every 3 minutes. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance. Ryan Taylor For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 ...

macro attached to command button
Hi Can I attach a previously contrsucted Macro to a new cmd button placed on a VBA user form ? If so how ? -- thanks Roy Try calling that macro as below Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call Macroname End Sub -- Jacob "Roy Gudgeon" wrote: > Hi > > Can I attach a previously contrsucted Macro to a new cmd button placed on a > VBA user form ? > > If so how ? > -- > thanks > Roy Hi Jacon So easy, I'llget the hang of this eventually ! Got small problem with Macro but I'll sort that -- thanks ...

protect & unprotect sheets
Is there a way to protect and unprotect *multiple* sheets at once. All the sheets have the same password (say 1234). Khalil You could use code like below, but cannot do it through the UI Sub ProtectAll() Dim wks As Worksheet For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets wks.Protect Password:="1234" Next wks End Sub Sub UnProtectAll() Dim wks As Worksheet For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets wks.Unprotect Password:="1234" Next wks End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.nickhodge.co.uk blo...

How about IRS tax preparation form that helps prepare refunds. #2
IRS tax preparation form will help in preparing taxes by showing federal and state refunds, as well as a section for itemizing and deductables. Gives you a break down of your taxes whether you are single, married or a student. ...

Passwords, advice/help needed
Hi, I have a section in my application that I would like to password protect, (so that only a special user can make changes to the main setting). But where should I save the password list? Given that... 1) if I save it on a file it could be deleted by any other user. 2) If I save it in the registry any user can delete it or/and remove it. 3) Attaching it to the exe is not really an option, (as the exe itself could be replaced). I know that no system is 100% fool proof but what would be the best way to do what I want? Any advice/link on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Sims Essent...

Password problem with Outlook 2002
When I click send/receive to check my mail, I always get the prompt to enter my password, even though I always click the box that says "save this password" (or whatever it says). It just doesn't save the password. I looked through the knowledge base for an answer....and they provide a registry fix for windows 98, windows NT, and windows 2000, but NOT for Windows XP, which is what I have. Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Thanks! Hi, I also encounter such problem. Still searching for solution. Anyone care to help both of us. Thanks a lot. >-----Origin...

Search for Storage Limit Values
Hi We are trying to Storage Limit Values to all the users of the organisation but we are finding that there seem to be many users where they are not using default storage limits but instead are set manually. Is there anyway of performing an active directory/exchange query so that we can identify the problem users? Ian I'm sure that this could be done. Storage limits will be stored as attributes on the user account. Take a look at running an export (csvde would work well) and exporting the following attributes: maxStorage mDBOverHardQuota mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota mDBUse...

OWA and password changes
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 DCs and Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003. OWA is setup to use "Forms Based Authenication". 99% of our users (students) are using OWA as their only access to email. We have a network policy that makes everyone change their passwords every 90 days. It would seem that OWA will not prompt for a new password as it setup now. Some students take classes from home and never come to campus so they need to be able to change their passwords from home via OWA. Anyone know of a way to make that happen? Thnaks for any and all help. Clay...

How do I change the tabbing order in an excel form?
I created a form for receptionists at a university to use in entering registration information for students when they telephone. I designed the form and protected it so that they could only access the necessary cells. My question now is how do I change the tabbing order of the cells? It goes from right to left, but I want it to very from top to bottom, left to right. Does that make sense? I want to be able to control the order of the fields the form goes to when a user presses their "tab" key. Please help! Thanks, Lynetta Lynetta Assuming your range of cells to be A1, B2...

Newbie Help with Form Record Look Up
I'm totally new to Access. I've been asked to set up a simple contact database to track calls and mailings to a list of people. I created tables, linked them together and set up a form where each record's information can be found. Now I simply want to have a field where the user would type in a record's social security number or name and the record would come up on the screen. The only way I see to look up a record right now is using the record count box at the bottom of the page. Thank you for any help you can provide. If you anticipate no more than a few thousand people...

Who do I contact to reset my Passport password?
There are so many passwords to remember these day and I forgot my password for money and it said it was placeing my account on hold. Who do I contact to get my Passport password reset? http://www.passport.net -- there is a member services link somewhere with a lost password link on it. "Joseph A. Zupko" <jaz2@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:OKAu8ChVDHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > There are so many passwords to remember these day and I forgot my password > for money and it said it was placeing my account on hold. Who do I contact > to get my Passport password ...

How can I use open/close Grouped cells in a Protected Worksheet?
Can anyone help me please - When I include Grouped cells in a Worksheet by using "Data" / "Group and Outline", excell will not allow opening or closing of the Grouped cells when the Worksheet is protected. Is there an easy way I can open/close Grouped cells in a Protected Worksheet? -- Andy Bowshell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Andy Bowshell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501330 If you already have the ou...

outlook keeps asking for username and password
tlook keeps asking for username and password - how do i sto this? ...

Forgot password (I know)
My company migrated to a different accounting package around two years ago. Unfortunately, we need to get back into great plains because some hard copies of information were misplaced. No one remembers the password to get in. Is there a way to reset the password without losing data? We have the program disks, etc., and I have full admin rights to the server. If you're using SQL Server, you can simply log in with the sa password. If you don't know it, then you'll need to talk to Microsoft about hacking it. If you are not using Microsoft, I don't know how to get aroun...

User controlled Freeze Pane while protected
Hi, I have a worksheet where it is protected and locked. Is there anyway to code there such that the user (who cannot unlock the sheet) can still use the freeze pane function so that they can determine how to view the worksheet? I know you can enable the grouping via macro (e.g. ..EnableOutlining) while it is protected. Can the same be done for freeze pane? Thanks, Fred Not clear what type of protection and locking you have. Worksheet protection does not disable Freeze Panes. As long as users can select unlocked or locked cells they can freeze panes anywhere they w...

calculations in database form
I have fields in my database that I have calculations that work but they do not write the calculation into the table field. Anyone help? hi, On 01.02.2010 10:07, sneeze wrote: > I have fields in my database that I have calculations that work but they do > not write the calculation into the table field. Anyone help? The results of mostly all calculations shouldn't be stored. You can use queries at anytime to get the results you need. Despite that how do you calculate these results and why do you thing they should be stored in a table. Can you provide a concise and com...

search condition- copy
Hi, I have a column DR. Some of it cells are empty and the others are not, they contain alphabets such as T, TA, SSB... (19 different sets of letters). The range I need is DR8:DR200 How can I search the cells of this column in a way that if the cell is full (contains any of the mentioned alphabets) to select the row of that cell and copy the entire row to another work sheet in a different workbook with the name of "WV" and put it in row 7, the next row to be cop will follow in row 8 in the new worksheet. Is this possible? Any help is appreciated Khalil Handal You may w...

closing a form that uses a Dlookup
I have a form I use to enter new production requirements in to a table. On that form I have a the following controls Code Qty Needed Date Needed Plan Date The Code control has the following VBA on the On Exit event: Private Sub fldcode_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Dim varrtgno As String Dim vardays As Double Dim varfstop As Date Dim varplandate As Date varrtgno = DLookup("[rtg_no]", "dbo_imitmidx_sql", "[item_no]='" & [Forms]![frm enter fillroom requirements]![fldcode] & "'") 'Me!rtgno = varrtgno Select Case varrtgno ' some cas...

searching for my perfect algorithm....
hi boys.... i am updating my NFL spreadsheet on Excel right now....but i'm feeling a little lonely. anyone up for a 'friendly' mid-afternoon chat? i can type with one hand, can you? mmmmmmm... ;) Warm Regards, michelle. -- meesh7391 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ meesh7391's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30331 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500130 ...

Updating two identical formatted tables with one form
At present I have a membership database with all members held in one table. I have been asked to split this table into two tables - family and individual members. The user still wants to view all the records in both tables using the same form as at present. However if I use a UNION query on the two tables and link the form to this query, I have found that although I can view all the records from both tables, I now cannot update them. Any advice on a better way to design and link the tables would be appreciated. Cynw, Let's start from the beginning why did *whoever* think f...

Conflict between MSN Search Toolbar and MS CRM
After I installed the MSN Search Toolbar on 2 computers running XP, I noticed that MS CRM had suffered: The background colors on the fields in the MS CRM forms had randomly changed from the normal all-white to background colors of yellow and green and sometimes white. Anybody else have the problem or have a fix? In a cross-post to the MSN Search forum, I received the following reply which solved the problem. I changed the preference in the MSN Search Toolbar and it worked perfectly. dcmacdon "Charles Oppermann" wrote: > Sounds like the form fill function is coloring t...

How can I search mulitple Word documents with section breaks ?
I have over 100 Word documents, only some of them have section breaks, and I want to replace with hard page breaks. Is it possible to perform a file level search base on the criteria of whether section break is deployed or not ? Hi Pete, To search for a section break in a single file, press Ctrl+F, click More, click Special, and click Section break. Alternatively, you can type ^b directly in the Find what box. Then press Enter. To replace all the section breaks in a single file by hard page breaks, press Ctrl+H. In the Find what box, type ^b, and in the Replace with box,...

Transferring the filter from a datasheet form to a report.
I have a datatsheet and a report based on the same query. I would like to transfer the extra filter to the report as well but it does not seem to work I can't seem to access the report's methods and properties from VBA Me.frmCallReport.Form.Filter gives me the filter.' rptCallReport.Filter = Me.frmCallReport.Form.Filter Try Reports!rptCallReport.Filter = Me.frmCallReport.Form.Filter Reports!rptCallReport.FilterOn = True Report rptCallReport must be open before you can run this code (so you may be best off putting it into the report's Open event...

Can't see form customizations even after IISRESET
Hi: What do I do next? Do Hi Do, have you published your customizations using the deployment manager? Mike "Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Zjyc0G4DHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > What do I do next? > > Do > > ...

Searching the "other" field in Contacts?