Saved text is missing from 2003 word document

When opening a saved 2003 word document the text is missing.

See if the text has been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white
color.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lpaul" <lpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When opening a saved 2003 word document the text is missing.

0
Stefan

Exchange 2003 Queue problem
My internal mail MS 2003 server - users being authenticated by the DC/DNS - has on occasion stopped sending messages? What I have done, a couple of times now, is re-start the Exchange Server (I have stopped and re-started services with on luck!). After re-starting all works just fine! Is anyone else running into this problem and might you know what is causing it? Thanks ahead. What does the SMTP protocol log say? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in messag...

Can a retrieve a powerpoint presentation I failed to save?
I was wondering if I failed to save a powerpoint presentaiton I worked on is there anyway to find it somewhere in the computer On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:10:01 -0800, Dorothy wrote: > I was wondering if I failed to save a powerpoint presentaiton I worked on is > there anyway to find it somewhere in the computer You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using (PowerPoint). I would suggest you include your Windows and Office v...

Merging MS WORD data into an Excel file
Any suggestions here..??....I have monthly time sheets that ar completed in WORD. I receive them electronically and then transcrib the data (hours worked, time off, the reason for any absence assigne to a code) into an Excel spreadsheet for each employee. I am dealin with close to 90 staff doing this on a monthly basis, and so th workbook is fairly large and the transcribing seem never-ending...:):)......the Excel file, of course, is great fo compiling info on a monthly and a YTD basis.....but, I would like t automate (or at least, ease) the transfer of info from the individua WORD time sheets...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Can I tellthe difference between 'Save' and 'Save As'?
I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to save the file? Thanks M Sorry! worked it out formyself! SaveAsUI! "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C892CE59-1BCA-467F-A461-A1C318262DD6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save >As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to >save the file? > > Thanks > > M ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?"
how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?" http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347861033.aspx "outlook" <outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4031ECB1-2DDF-438C-A8AA-A4065F830BE0@microsoft.com... > how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?" ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Copy here as Note with Text
I have an all day appointment which I believe Outlook call an Event. In this event I have text in the bottom box. I now try to copy this event to the Notes folder. The message " copy here as note with text" pops up and I go. When I open the note there is no text from the original event. This used to work fine in 2000, but no longer seems to work. Is this a problem or what? It is for me. Thanks In Advance Ralph Walti The Buyers Alternative www.TBAgifts.com ...

Word table to XML
Can some one help me in converting a word table to XML? I am using word 2003 and the macro should word even with word 2007. Thanks in advance. Which macro? What is the xml schema for the table? Yves "Sri Vidya" <Sri Vidya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93D7E1C-7BC9-456A-90CC-920CF0219759@microsoft.com... > Can some one help me in converting a word table to XML? I am using word > 2003 > and the macro should word even with word 2007. > Thanks in advance. > > ...

Radio/Option Buttons on a Form in Word
Hello, I am new at creating a form in Word. I created an application style form with radio/option buttons, however, when testing the form once I select one radio button in Section A, when I go to select a radio button in Section B, the first selection disappears. I am only able to have one radio button selected at a time. Is there a way to have mutiple radio buttons selected at one time? On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:51:01 -0800, Aj <Aj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am new at creating a form in Word. I created an application style form >wit...

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

Missing Journal Entry Lines v8
We've been having a problem in v8 for the past few weeks in which journal entry lines are missing from journal entries. I believe that all v8 service packs have been applied, but I can't swear to it. The journals are coming from PM. When they arrive in G/L, the journal headers are in GL10000, but there are no associated lines in GL10001. It's not a question of data being missing in the lines, but rather there are no lines. The distributions do exist in PM in PM30600 so we are able to recover the data and create journal entries, but this is not a good situation. We have ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Address Book in Outlook 2003
Help!!! I usualy group my contacts in groups of contacts. Today I setup a brand new computer and a fresh install of Outlook 2003. Everything went well except the in the contacts department in Outlook 2003. So here's what happened. I copied some contacts folders from my old personnal PST file and they did not appeared in the contact list available when you prepare an e-mail (you know when you press the To button) so I deleted them. Af ter that I toured the internet and I saw that the control mecahnisism is in right cliking each contact folders and selecting the box with "show a...

Border Art Button Missing in Dialog Box
I have 200 high school students working in Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP3. SP3 was installed a few days ago. However, I don't know if this problem existed before then. We are on a Novell Network, but the program was installed locally from an image distribution. On some of our computers, the Border Art button is missing in the Format AutoShape and Format Text Box Dialog Boxes. The button was originally there. I have no clue how students removed the button. Can someone help me put the button back so that border art is available again? Can you tell me how the button was removed? ...

Publisher Doc cannot be saved?
In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail. As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system. Help !!!!! Thanks, Right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02C09A...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...