Save Word document as HTML and wanting to get the embed daudio

I am using INSERT > OBJECT > WAVE SOUND to record audio (using sound
recorder) and then embed it in a Word document. I am also using Comments

I can save this as a HTML file and the comments and the speaker icon for the
sound is visible but there ain't no sound.  You can see an example at

http://www.usq.edu.au/users/evansp/browse/dropbox/SMITH_john_edu101_Assig1%20(comments).htm

The comments are in the 3rd paragraph that starts with "But 'technologies'
are not just 'things' ...

Does anyone know of a way to extract the sound from a Word document --
preferably to show it as a HTML doucment but at this stage anything would be
good.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can give,
Peter Evans

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

How hard is it to crack a password that's been set for a Word or .
We're considering using the password protection built in the Office when emailing Word and Excel, but I'm wondering how secure this method really is. I see alot of companies on the internet who offer to crack a password code for a fee. With regard to Excel, your information is never completely safe. As you've seen, there's plenty of free and commercial password crackers out there that can bypass worksheet protection, workbook protection, file protection, and VBA project protection. Bottom line: remove confidential data from workbooks before sharing them. HTH Jason At...

Getting size of "window" in OnDraw()
I finally found a (seemingly) reliable way to get the size of the "window" for both the screen & a printed page by doing this in CMyView::OnDraw( CDC *pdc): if( pdc->IsPrinting() ) { hRes = pdc->GetDeviceCaps( HORZRES ); vRes = pdc->GetDeviceCaps( VERTRES ); rectContext = CRect( CPoint( 0 , 0 ) , CPoint( hRes , vRes ) ); } else { GetClientRect( &rectContext ); hRes = rectContext.Width(); vRes = rectContext.Height(); } nRows = vRes / rowHeight; I'm doing this because GetDeviceCaps() for the screen re...

Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks
We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are over 200 pages. Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro? -- Sprinter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sprinter's Profile: 1480 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&...

Excel Financial Statements Copied into Word
I insert Excel Worksheets into Word. Some of the underlines and bouble underlines show on the screen but do not print. -- MAB Rather than inserting the Excel worksheets into your Word document, I would suggest copying the data that you need from the worksheet as a picture and then pasting that picture into the Word document. To do so, highlight the data in the spreadsheet that you want to place into the Word Document. Hold down the "shift" key and then go to Edit -> Copy Picture -> As Shown When Printed. Then go into your Word document and Edit -> Paste. -- ...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

format end notes to appear at the chapter, not end of document?
I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts them at the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there a shortcut format I can use? Right-click an endnote and choose Note Options from the context menu. At "Location," choose "End of document." Make sure that "Apply changes to" reads "Whole document"; then click Apply. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9569343-3363-45DD-A61A-9990C9689443@microsoft.com... >I need my e...

Installed MS Office and Recent Documents Keep Disappearring
Having Windows 7 on new machine, installed MS Office 2007, but have a problem with program displaying recent documents. Set up shows 17 documents in Advanced settings. Have to open documents from Word/Excel directory, and it then shows in recent document list. Remains listed for the day. load up next day, and no documents listed. If anyone can advise what can be done to correct would be appreciated. Regards Phil B ...

How do I get my new messages to populate when they arrive?
My new email messages do not show up in my inbox until I go to another folder and then back to the inbox folder. Then they show up. issue #2 I get a copy of my reply email in my inbox. How do I stop this? Do you have a firewall between you and your server? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Lonnie" <Lonnie...

How do I retrieve changes to an unsaved excel document
I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to retrieve my old worksheet which would have the changes I made. I'm using excel 2000 which is part of my Microsoft Office 2000 program. No it's not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FABAC1F-A402-4C87-BCDA-1124E072D9D3@microsoft.com... >I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to >retrieve > my ...

Serious Word Problem
Today my WORD 2007 suddenly refuses to recognize and open either doc or docx formatted files. With doc files I get the error message converter cannot open the document and it talks about converter file mswrd632.wpc needing to be removed and reinstalled. As for docx it says word can't read the information in the file. I am suspicious because of the large number of recent microsoft updates. Can anyone help with this? Hi, Many users are encountering this problem. See the "Known Issues" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 . -- Hope this helps, Pes...

can't get sheet to display after editing header
I was working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that I had previously created in Excel 2003. When I edited the header in page layout and switch back to normal view my data disappeared. I can see the data in print preview, but don't know how to view it and work with it in normal view because in noraml view it is hidden. What am i doing wrong? Jas ...

Cannot seem to get views to display across entities
Using the ReadyServer. Created a view with Phone Calls as the source data I add column for the street1/2/3 of the regarding contact. The resulting view does not show the streets even though I know there is information populated. ...

Word & PDF
I am using Word 2003. My documents have two section breaks. One after the Title Page, one after the Table of Contents. There are Headers and Footers in the document itself but not the TOC or Title Page. My problem is when I convert to PDF (which we do for emailing purposes) the document ends up in three PDFs, one for each section. Is there any solution to this - the client is not impressed with three PDFs. Look at the settings for your PDF converter software. It seems as if some "split" option has been activated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "...

Copying and pasting an Auto Shape from PowerPoint 2003 to Word 200
When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a Word document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small Auto Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length. Is there anyway to retain the shape's original size when pasting into Word? It doesn't happen here. Send me your PowerPoint file at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will have a look at the issue. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted ...

match dates in two columns get value from third
I have a data set on daily basis and another data set on weekly basis. i want to put the weekly data in daily data set by putting a formula which picks values from col c for relevant dates in daily set. example - let us say this is the data set ColA Col B Col C jan1 jan1 8 jan2 jan7 7 jan3 jan4 jan5 jan6 jan7 I want the data from colC against dates in ColA as in ColD below. it should leave other cells blank (colA and ColB are dates format) ColA Col B Col C ColD jan1 jan1 ...

No Printing a word
I am using Word 2003. I want to put the word "FINANCIAL" on a financial page of a long report just so that it will be part of the "table of contents", but do not want it to print on the financial page itself. I believe there is a way to do this, but right now I am having a senior moment. Can anyone tell me how to do this or at least point me in the right direction? aurora Insert a TC (table of contents entry) field with the word "FINCANCIAL." You can do that via the Mark Table of Contents Entry dialog box, which you can display by pressing Alt+Sh...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

Formatted Text in Autocorrect, Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I want to set up an autocorrect entry where I replace something with =formatted= as opposed to =plain= text. Specifically, I want to replace "qqq" with "QQQQQ" formatted in 14 pt Britannic Bold. However, I cnanot change the signal button from "plain' to "formatted" text. is there a way to do this? Type the word you want to use to replace "qqq" and format it inside your document. Select it, then click on Tools>AutoCorrect. You can now click the "formatted text&...

want to find duplicate Phone numbers when typed in excel 2003
I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Let's assume this is your data: A1: 12345 A2: 54321 A3: 12345 Which cell(s) should be highlighted? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "trvlpal" <trvlpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C707764-79F0-4ECB-BF57-661289BB59D6@microsoft.com... >I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it > indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Using column "A", place this formula in "conditional formatt...

Word and Outlook 2003 window sizes interconnected?
This was posted a while back in another newsgroup but there were no replies. I am running Outlook 2003 and have this exact same issue. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks. On Dec 2 2002, 5:52 pm, "Mel Huth" <melvin.h...@mail.ihs.gov> wrote: > I am running Office XP. Outlook2002 is using Word as an email editor. > When a message is prepared in a window smaller than > maximized and sent with the window the same size, when Word is opened as normal, the window size of the opening > session is the same size as the Outlook window. > > Is this normal. How can i...

Preventing "save changes" dialog box???
My spreadsheet data is stored in the range A1:J20. Therefore, I do not care if a user plays with or modifies cells that are outside of this range. Can I somehow program Excel to prevent the "Do you want to save changes?" dialog box if a user changes cells that are out of range and then s/he closes the workbook?? I basically only want the "save changes" dialog box to be prompted when cells within the A1:J20 range are modified. Thank you! Right click the worksheet tab that your concerned with and paste this in: Code: -------------------- Priv...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

How can I stop each line of text from capitalizing the first word
When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence. I know there some place to turn it off, but I can't find it. JP, Not sure about Pub but in lots of programs, if you hit enter to start a new line, the first word is capitalized. Is this what you are doing? Mike JP wrote: > When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the > first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence. I know there some > place to turn it off, but I can't find it. Tools, AutoCorrect ...