replace manual page breaks WITH section breaks

Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and
replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do the
reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up
window.  Typing in ^b just produces an error.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you all,
-Lynne

Please ignore question, folks.

I just found a workaround here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136260

-Lynne

Here it

"Elessvie" wrote:

> Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and
> replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do the
> reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up
> window.  Typing in ^b just produces an error.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thank you all,
> -Lynne
Good find.  I usually resort to using vba to do it.  The reason of course
that you cannot use ^b is because of the several types of breaks that are
available and ^b is not specific enough.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Elessvie" <Elessvie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please ignore question, folks.
>
> I just found a workaround here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136260
>
> -Lynne
>

> Here it
>
> "Elessvie" wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and
>> replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do
>> the
>> reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up
>> window.  Typing in ^b just produces an error.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this?
>>
>> Thank you all,
>> -Lynne

0
Doug
5/20/2010 10:25:37 PM
If he hadn't found the KB article, I was going to recommend the same
procedure. We tend to forget how useful ^c can be.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Good find.  I usually resort to using vba to do it.  The reason of course
> that you cannot use ^b is because of the several types of breaks that are
> available and ^b is not specific enough.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Elessvie" <Elessvie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Please ignore question, folks.
>>
>> I just found a workaround here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136260
>>
>> -Lynne
>>

>> Here it
>>
>> "Elessvie" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and
>>> replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do
>>> the
>>> reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up
>>> window.  Typing in ^b just produces an error.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to do this?
>>>
>>> Thank you all,
>>> -Lynne

0
Suzanne

Hyperlinking to different page locations
I have an excel html file which has hyperlinks on the first worksheet to destinations on different worksheets of the same file. The hyperlink is linked to different destinations on a page such as A1, A13, A100, A150 etc... But, when I visit the website and click on a hyperlink of anything on the same page, it always brings me to A1 no matter where the actual destination cell is located. It works fine when I have the actual file open for editing, just not when it is loaded in Internet Explorer. Help please! Thanks ...

How to print last page of checking?
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some select number of pages, which is useless since you have no idea which page you are on. Thanks, Brett Try a customized transactions by account report. "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1135959824.960676.265200@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I > print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some > select number of page...

stop auto-correct from replacing "bb" with "Bb".
In Word options, in the proofing tab, I have 'suggest from the main dictionary only' unchecked. In the 'AutoCorrect' section, under exceptions tab I have added 'bb' to the drop-down list under the 'Other Corrections'. Evidently, I have not done it right because every time I type 'bb' in an Word or Outlook Mail the program wants to change it to 'Bb' Bb I typed this in Word, then copy/pasted into this message box, as you can see it changed my 'bb' signature at he end to 'Bb" HELP You're chasing after the wrong cul...

Multipage Web page
Is there a way to save my publisher file into a multipage web page. We are using Office 2003 with Windows 2000. My department needs to send out company newsletters but not all the users receiving this file has publisher. We are looking for a cost saving way of doing this. I know that we can do this thru Adobe Acrobat Writer and creating a .PDF, but just wondering if possible to do it thru a multipage web page or is there a better way of doing this? May I ask why you'd prefer not to use .pdf? (I'm admittedly biased towards that format. No platform issues, no software compati...

Version 10 Startup Page
I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start Great Plains. I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access. When I start Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead of my home page? Mary Fetsch Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog article on this today. Visit my blog at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on. Be...

how do i remove the dead space around the pages edge?
long story short, im making a book out of my grandmother's old stories, but i can't get publisher to get rid of all that dead space around the edge of the page, now i know my printer can print right up to the page edge, because ive done it before with other programs, but i need to know how to set publisher so it stops cutting off the pictures and text. can anyone help me? Is your printer full-bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "The Lone Saiyan" <The Lone Saiyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4297C69-0C87-4353-B47A-AEE4C7AEDD08...

Validation in property page
I am building a property sheet and I want the constituent pages to validate their data when OK is pressed. If the data fails to validate, the property page should remain on screen for the user to correct the data. I've put the validation for each page into the page's OnOK () handler and I only call CPropertyPage::OnOK() if the validation succeeds. However, the page still disappears, even if the validation fails. So how to I stop the page from being destroyed? --- Al. I must do a little more checking before posting questions here! Discovered the OnKillActive() handler. Proper...

Replace Chart Values with Second Set of Values
Hello, I would like to create a "100% Stacked Column" Chart using the over simplified example below: % in 2002 $ in 2002 % in 2003 $ in 2004 x 10% $200 12% $210 y 20% $400 24% $450 z 70% $600 64% $1,000 I would like the bars of the chart to be divided based on the percentages (% in 2002 and % in 2003), but I instead of the values of the percentages appearing I would like the dollar amounts to appear. Any suggestions? Thanks. I saw this question a couple days ago on another forum. Use one of these free...

Why last line prints on second page
I have a two page form. The last line of the first page now prints on the top of the 2nd page. It USED TO print properly on the bottom of the first page. I don't know what I changed to have it print at the top of the 2nd page. How do I get it to print back on the bottom of the first page? I don't print forms, but I am thinking that either your margins changed or your printer, so check your margins. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD44327-C3D0-47D3-A7FB-D5E5AFD6CACA@microsoft.com... >I have a t...

multiple pages in publisher
I am trying to create a newsletter in publisher with more than one page and then email it to people so they can see one page after another in one email. At the moment it seems to only allow me to email one page at a time. is there any way i can set up a mulitple page document to be emailed? Convert the newsletter to a PDF. There is a free converter here: http://www.primopdf.com/ There are others, do a search. Most folks have the Acrobat Reader. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bda5" <bda5@discussions.m...

Auto Correct or Edit Replace
I am a frustrated new user of Outlook 2007. In my Outlook 2003, I was able to set up either Auto Correct or Replace, so that when I typed a certain word, Outlook would insert what I wanted to have replace that word. In 2003, the replacement text was about 6 lines long, which included my name, address, etc., etc, and the feature worked very well. In Outlook 2007, I can find my way to Auto Correct and also Replace, but I am unable to use more than one line of Auto Correct or Replacement text. When I type out the first line of text and hit enter, in an attempt to go to the next li...

Move page button on sidenote
If you want to move a side note to one of your onenote pages, the easiest way is to customize your toolbar to add the "Move Page to" button to the sidenote toolbar. 1- select the drop down at the end of the toolbar 2- Select Add remove buttons and Customize 3- Under commands in the popup windows, select Edit - move page to - button to your toolbar. ...

Can't access to the outlook today's page
After update my windows XP Pro, i can't access to the outlook today's page, for can i make changes. Thanks for your help. If this is Outlook 2000, the following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a5901c39ca6$916f98e0$...

Not all pages in record print
When I go to print a Contact record, with lengthy notes, it only prints the first 3 pages - anyone know how to make it print ALL? TIA! -- TWhelan ...

Cant send web pages and links
Ive had outlook 2003 for about 6 months all of a sudden I cant send web pages such as MSNBC or CNN...normally these sites have an email direct option...but Ive noticed lately that Outlook is considering these unsafe. I have forgotten how to change my settings so I can send normal web pages that I visit regularly as email attachments. Several of the sites I am able to send appear to reformat them selves so they don't look exactly like the web pages I was viewing. ...

How do I begin typing on a page?
I downloaded Windows 7 but I can't begin typing on the page. My Enable type and click doesn't show on the edit on the tool bar. Well, I'm not sure what you downloaded, but presumably it wasn't Windows 7, which is an operating system. Perhaps it was the Office 2007 trial, which must be activated before you can use it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "chpymnky" <chpymnky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4DADAE-BC74-4A15-9C39-428D980E0645@microsoft.com......

Page Break after each report item
I am creating a report with Access 2003. It is to list and describe, etc. products available in electronic (html) format. Some product descriptions are short and some are long. I want each product to be on its own page and only one product per page. Currently when I run the report products with long descriptions continue on to a second page. Those items with short descriptions have part of the following product begin on their page. Is there a way I can accomplish one product per page no matter how long or short the report for that product is? Thank you In the properties of the detail...

2010 Beta "Section Corrupted"
Good day, Of 8 notebooks I keep open, one came up with "This section is corrupted. Click here to repair" After trying this fix, message says ~"OneNote cannot repair the file. Opening Backup" It opens a backup but then same error message pops back up. The notebook tab has a "Shared Notebook Synchronization" warning that ~"some sections could not be synchronized". I do not share any of my notebooks, and I did not intentionally share this notebook, but OneNote evidently thinks it is shared. I can not see how to turn off sharing, o...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Sending web page attachments
Whn attempting to send a web page via e-mail I receive the following message. What do I need to do in order to send these pages error free and why is the message being received in the first place? Thank you - Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url ...

Page Layout like Word?
We're using Excel 2002. I have a user that is telling me that he works in Excel with page layout exactly like Word (with the margins and gray area between pages). I showed him Print Preview, but that's not what he means. Page Break Preview is also not what he means because it doesn't show the margins. Is he right? Is there a print layout view in Excel like Word? Hi AFAIK there's no such view -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eZxDm9CwEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We're using...

How do Icreate link from page of contents to sheets in workbook?
Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "alaskapaf" <alaskapaf@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:84FBCFD6-54CA-4412-8C11-8707CBC307F6@microsoft.com... > ...

Sign In Page
I am using Money Deluxe 2004, Ver 12 Update 1. I do not use Microsoft Passport. On the Money "Welcome, Money password sign-in page there is two choices after your sign-in name and password. The first is "Use Money's online features that require Microsoft Passport". This one is selected by default. The second is "I don't need to use online features that require Microsoft Passport this time. How do I change the default to the second choice? Short of pitching the Passport requirement for the file entirely, you don't. Microsoft wants us all to believ...

Refreshing Information on an ASPX Page? Easy?????
Hello, I have a text box on an ASPX Form in ASP.NET that I would like to have refreshed at a regular interval. Can't seem to get it working. Here's the scenario. I'm reading a number of Stock Symbols from a text file. For each Stock Symbol that I read, I perform various calculations...calculations that can take a long time. Since these calculations take a long time, I would like to have the current Stock Symbol displayed on the ASPX Form so that I know how far along in the process the program currently is. I assign the Stock Symbol to the text box via code like " txtSym...

Impossible to post the page
Hi,I developed pages .aspx and I deployed in MS CRM 3.0 by using IFrame. on the waiter it is good they are functional but when I connect to MS CRM starting from an other machine these pages .aspx do not function and not of posting (Impossible to post the page). Thanck you. looks like you should check the security policies within your .aspx-Pages (IIS) "ahmed" wrote: > Hi,I developed pages .aspx and I deployed in MS CRM 3.0 by using IFrame. > on the waiter it is good they are functional but when I connect to MS CRM > starting from an other machine these pages .aspx do n...