reconciling two documents in Word

How do  I  reconcile two documents with same name and content  in Word?

Is this Word 2007? Have you tried the Compare command on the Review tab?

Or if you are saying that you want to insert one document into the other,
you can use the Insert File dialog box (Insert tab | Object | Text from
File).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lou Dancer" <Lou Dancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do  I  reconcile two documents with same name and content  in Word?

0
Stefan

WORD PROGRAM
IN MY COMPUTER I HAVE WINDOWS 98. ON MY PROGRAM LIST I CAN ONLY FIND MICROSOFT WORKS. I HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T FIND MICRESOFT WORD. DOES WORD COME IN MICROSOFT WORKS. OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN. IF ANYONE COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME EVELYN ...

Validate almost one of two textbox
Hi, how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at least one of them (or both)? Thanks in advance. Luis On Nov 27, 2:16=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at > least one of them (or both)? > > Thanks in advance. > > Luis Use Javascript Function function jsValidateTextBoxGroup(sTxtBox1, sTxtBox2) { var bSuccess =3D true; var sTxtBox1Value =3D document.getElementById(sTxtBox1).value; var sTxtBox2Value =3D document.g...

SUMIF with two conditions ? #2
I have 3 colums colum A G7705 colum B 300 colum C Units I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" Can somone Help =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="G7705"),--(B1:B10=300),C1:C10) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mestrella31" wrote: > I have 3 colums > > colum A G7705 > colum B 300 > colum C Units > > I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" > > Can somone Help Ok I did that & it worked, now when I try to get the data from another worksheet it gives me wrong data, do you know why? ...

How do I look at two worksheets in one Excel workbook at same time
I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to have two worksheets displayed at the same time from the same workbook. Is there a way to do that? Window - New Window this will create a second view of active workbook. Then you can do Window - Arrange, active workbook only. -- Best Regards, Luke M "PeoriaJean" <PeoriaJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503A1BB9-2130-4346-A0AF-A461388397B2@microsoft.com... >I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to > have two worksheets di...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

CAN'T OPEN PC-ORIGINATED WORD DOCS ON iMAC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx files, i get an error that reads &quot;Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use or might not be a valid word document.&quot; !? anyone have any guidance? i've installed all the updates ... no luck. <br><br>thanks. > sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx f...

documental manage system
hello, anybody knows some documents or study about integration with sharepoint to have a documental manage system? thank you as starting solution i think about a simple integration with capability to store document from crm into sharepoint and some search capability to find these documents from crm. "Jim Daly [MSFT]" <jdaly@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:A9DAFCF2-E06A-4457-A0AC-209F22797BF8@microsoft.com... > What kind of business process do you have in mind? > What information do users need to see? > What kind of documents will they b...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

Saving Word E-Mail as a Revision/Draft
Hi, I would like to be able to use the E-Mail feature in Word 2003 to save an email as a draft/revision for future use. I do not want to save the word doc as an attachment. Is this possible? Thanks, Josh Why don;t you just create the word doc, save it, and then email it when you're ready. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JoshB" <JoshB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9710F08D-64E2-45B7-8115-BE8F0B116369@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to be...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

How to fill cell with two combobox values?
I am looking for VB code for command button that fills two combo box values and a toggle value (Y/N) behind each other in one cell. Bart Excel 2003 ...

Count with two criteria
I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and multiple sheets. I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1. Is there another way to do this? I really need help. Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I use out of habit. The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative on each condition. I tend to ...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

Linking Word And Excel
I am trying to link several fields in Excel to a Word Doc. I'm linking the fields using Ctrl-Paste as Hyperlink. The linking works fine. However, when I try to save the files in different folders or move the files, all the links are lost. This makes it very hard to replicate the linking for my 6 analysts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brady -- **************************************************************************** Brady T. Finney Atlantic Management Company, Inc. Orchard Park - Suite A12 875 Greenland Road Portsmouth, NH 03801 603-436-8009 (Office) 617-413-4554 (Mobil...

How to quote cells when "IF" word is involved
On Sheet1, I have a data set (C1:C100) based on the input of cell A1. When A1 has various method choices,say,"method 1","method 2","method 3", each cell in the data set will have a new value accordingly. (=IF(A1="method 1",formula1,IF(A1="method 2",formula2,formula3)) I want to quote those three data sets on Sheet2. A lousy way is I could just duplicate Sheet1, set A1 to different value and quote data sets from different sheets. Is it possible to quote three data sets simultaneously from Sheet1? Thanks, Ming Perhaps use a 2 variable data t...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Inventory Reconcile ... Include Item History
Can anyone tell me ... if you do NOT mark 'Include Item History' in the Reconcile Inventory Quantities window (Inventory Reconcile), exactly what does the utility NOT do? Window help is useless ... it says "Mark to have item history records reconciled, also." Our VAR was not clear in their answer. They said to do it only if you change a unit of measure or change quantity decimals. Based on the verbaige you would think not marking it means it would not re-calculate summary on-hand quantities. 'History' in the inventory module means anything posted, r...

Two cells divided into next cell
Hope this makes sense. I have F column that totals down to F16. Then I have a total on D16. I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16. Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G and J. So G16 is blank. Is this possible to do and If so how. I don't even know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every time I Insert the Amts in the cells. Please help In G16: =D16/F16 "Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C49FCC-273A-425B-9EEF-DCF2109A0DD9@microsoft.com... > > ...

Embedding a single workbook in a word doc
I prepare memos and I insert a bunch of tables out of a single excel file with a bunch of interlinked sheets. I typically insert them as pictures or linked pictures; however we often email the memo around for comments and and it gets complicated to have multiple versions and keep the links current. The other option is to insert the tables as embedded objects; however, if I do that, each table becomes a separate excel file, so I can=92t make changes to one and have it reflected in the tables throughout the document. Is there any way to create a single embedded workbook which I use several ti...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Merge two calendars
I am using Outlook 2003 and have a works calendar and a home calendar. Can any one tell me who I can create a third outlook file where booth calendars are merged into one Thanks Shane Create a new folder, type calendar (file->new->folder). Display both of your calendars in a category view. Select all from one calendar, right click and drag/drop the items onto the newly created calendar. Release the mouse button and select copy or move as you wish. Repeat for your second calendar. You now have a third calendar. An easier method for doing this would have been to assign ca...