put back the bar code for envelopes

The United State post office would appreciate it if you gave MS Word users
the ability to print zip code bar codes on the bottom of our envelopes again,
so would I!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ec7aa2cd-e4bc-4bc4-a373-3aace7921677&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to the information at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/897290, the POSTNET bar code
that Word generates no longer qualifies for USPS bulk mailing discounts.
Most significantly, the USPS now requires online verification of addresses
before the USPS will qualify a business or an organization for a bulk
mailing discount.

For more information about how to qualify for a bulk mailing discount, visit
the following USPS Web site:

http://pe.usps.gov

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Rebecca Voss" <Rebecca Voss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The United State post office would appreciate it if you gave MS Word users
> the ability to print zip code bar codes on the bottom of our envelopes
> again,
> so would I!
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ec7aa2cd-e4bc-4bc4-a373-3aace7921677&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

0
Doug
2/23/2010 1:37:24 AM
The USPS doesn't care, and neither should you. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290 for explanation.

If you're really determined to use the POSTNET code, you can insert a
BARCODE field from the Insert > Quick Parts > Fields dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:27:03 -0800, Rebecca Voss <Rebecca
Voss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The United State post office would appreciate it if you gave MS Word users
>the ability to print zip code bar codes on the bottom of our envelopes again,
>so would I!
0
Jay

Macro code behind button
How do I find out what macro and the code assigned to a specific button in an Excel worksheet? I can view all the macros assigned to the workbook, but it appears that there may be other macros running on these buttons (my personal list of macros is empty)(I am the author of the workbook). Right-click on button, assign macro. See that is assigned. If an ActiveX control, you may need to click on "view code". Alternatively, you can bring up the VBE (Alt+F11) and look through the different parts of your workbook to see what coding is in there. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Verticle Scroll Bar Not Displayed as Expected
I have a form with a text box. The text box properties are set to allow verticle scroll bars. The text box margins (L/R/T/B) are set to .02". This is to allow reading the entries easier. This is causing the scroll bar for the text box NOT to show, but when I set the margins to 0", the scroll bar appears. Is this a known bug? Any work-arounds? I've never had to use scroll bars, but I'm pretty sure I've seen here or elsewhere that the scrollbar will only appear if the data in the control is large enough to require the scrollbar in order to be viewed. Setting the ...

Storage of local data
Hello there, I'm aware that SQL Express has a limitation of 2Gb of data storage, so I'm wondering, when data is created whilst offline, when it sync's back to the server, is is deleted from the databae locally? Let's assume that in this example the record/data created is not an item that would normally be sync'd back to the local database (not specified as user required for sync). Hope this makes sense Thanks, Matt When going offline all data for the specified user is synced to his offline database. When going back online all changes are synced back to the serve...

Executing code in the background
Is there workaround or atleast a future possibility in Microsoft CRM of executing some code in the background without the opening of a window? ie I have a requirement that I need to do some background processing when a button is clicked and the user does not need a message.Since I link the button to a URL (an aspx page) it opens a window, executes some code and closes the window.The end result is an ugly but quick flashing of the screen. Thanks Vidya You will actually be able to invoke script directly on the buttons you add via ISV.config in the next version without having to pop a window...

Envelopes
Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other options. Am I missing something? Thanks! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jeanne <Buzireland@aol>... > Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size > options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I > need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other > options. I believe Publisher takes its envelope sizes from the printer driver - updating that m...

MIS not backing up with ntbackup
Running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 I scheduled a nightly backup of MIS at 3:00 am , it is running under the Domain Administrator account. When I do this manually it works fine but none of the scheduled ones work. The Scheduled Tasks veiwer says Cannot start error 0x0. Any ideas ? there is nothing in the event veiwer under any logs at the scheduled time either. I have another one scheduled for User Docs at 1 am which works fine and ends at 2:00 am. http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/44115/44115.html HAs some tips. If you are doing a system state backup at the same t...

How do I make a vertical floating bar chart?
I want to make a floating bar chart in Excel, but I want the bars to be orientated vertically rather than the horizontal default. In other words, I want the range of the floating bars to be displayed on the y-axis rather than the x-axis. Can anyone help me? Shane Stamschror Hi, You need to use a stacked column chart with 2 series. The first series provides the 'float'. Format this series to have no fill or border. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "danke_shane" <danke_shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Why does code Loop
When I click on a command button to show a report I have a break point on the command_click. Upon clicking the command button it opens a report. DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview As I step through the code I noticed that as I come to the end sub I expect the code to stop. But It starts back at the report_activate event and loops through the code again then opens the form. Thanks in advance for you help If I had to take a guess, opening a report causes more than one event to fire, and one of those events calls another... Does this sound like what's happening?...

Ability to create formula to calculate benefit or deduction code
Would like to use a benefit or deduction based on a formula to calculate the amount instead of choosing only a flat amount or % as it is currently set up in GP version 9. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commun...

Trying to do progress bar
I have a Form with a progress bar and a thread that should update the progress every quarter of a second. The operation being monitored for progress on is a file loading job. So I start off the monitor like this: long currprogress = 0; FileInfo info = new FileInfo(currFile); long maxprogress = info.Length / 100; bool IsMonitoring = true; Thread monitor = new Thread(new ThreadStart(RunMonitor)); monitor.Start(); (the scope of these variables is class level though, just made them local scope for easier reading) Then my RunMonitor method looks like: private void RunMonit...

Menu Bar disappeared
No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar back even though the settings are set at Standard and Advance. I need to get the File, Edit, View line back. Please help. Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook - better? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cynthia asked: | No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar ba...

multi criteria code
hello every one I have this code from Northwind sample. Private Sub ReviewProducts_Click() ' This code created in part by Command Button Wizard. On Error GoTo Err_ReviewProducts_Click Dim strMsg As String, strTitle As String Dim intStyle As Integer Dim strDocName As String, strLinkCriteria As String ' If CompanyName control is blank, display a message. If IsNull(Me![CompanyName]) Then strMsg = "Move to the supplier record whose products you want to see, then press the Review Products button again." intStyle = vbOKOnly strTitle ...

add individual data points to a bar chart of averages
I have groups of data points in categories. I can easily calculate the average in each category and show these as a bar chart, but is it possible to show the individual data pioints in each category as well? Thanks, Hi, How are you plotting the data points - as columns or line? and also could you show us dummy data layed out so we can understand what you data looks like. If you plot a clustered column chart you could show the average for each cluster as a line within the cluster or as a single point. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "lenos" wrote: > I have groups of dat...

There must be a better way to code this
I am no VBA pro but I do write several semi complicated macro. Here is that I wrote to check for two errors using if then else statements. It works perfectly but I wonder I it could be written more professionally. If error1 <> 0 Then 'error 1 check If error2 <> 0 Then 'error 1 & 2 found MsgBox error1 & " data input are missing and highlighted in yellow. " _ & error2 & " entries are a missmatch and highlighted in blue." Exit Sub Else 'error 1 only found MsgBox error1 & &qu...

error code 80248009
I have a 32-based system and get this error when looking for updates. I followed all the instructions posted in thread dated 1/22/10 regarding this error (running multiple scans), except for the readiness tool as it won't work on my system. I still can't get updates and can't find anything on Microsofts website regarding this error. I searched for a readiness tool for 32 bit systems, but couldn't find anything. Any other suggestions? 0x80248009 2145091575 WU E DS MISSINGREF The data store is in an invalid state because data that should be present is missing....

xsd.exe and code generation
I have three xml schemas, one schema contains types that the other two referance. When generate code for each of the schemas, all three cs files contain the types that are part of the common schema. Currently I am going through the auto generated code and removing the common types, with the help of the compiler since they are all in the same namespace. Aside from listing all the types I want generated in each of the other two schemas, as I may add more in the future and don't want to forget to add to the list, is there a way to get XSD to not generate the common types for the other two ...

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this code?
With Sheets("Sheet1") .Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit .Cells.Select .Selection.Copy .Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False End With You have a bad line break: use .Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ or .Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks _ "Ant" wrote: > With Sheets("Sheet1") > .Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit > .Cells.Select > .Selection.Copy > .Sele...

Why doesn't the code create a column stacked chart?
Hi again...im sorry to ask for help so much, but charts vba is tricky ... I try to create a column stacked chart of three bars containing each three different values, much like Andy Pope's http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm The CHT_21QSBA_S, CHT_21QSBA_B and CHT_21QSBA_A ranges are each three different cells (name CHT_21QSBA_S = A1,B5,Q3) and I thought this together with stating charttype=xlcolumnstacked should create a stacked chart - but it make 9 bars instead... Why? .... Set cht = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("R_Q_" & Sheet1.Range("RAPP_TILLF").Value ...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

Can an Access PivotChart display standard deviation error bars?
I'm using Office 2003 in a medical device field to manage a quality assurance database. The engineers who will be using the database need to know the statistical significance of all data, and it is standard to show all charts with standard deviation, percentile, or max/min plots. I'd like to be able to make a PivotChart view that gives this information, but have not been able to find a way of displaying custom error bars calculated for each data point (as is possible for static charts in Excel, by selecting a data range for the "Custom" error bar data fields). This p...

VBA coding to retrieve data from Access to Excel :S
Hey everyone, This is what i have so far. I have an excel workbook with 3 worksheets, SETUP, DATA and DISPLAY. I have been using a pre-coded program to bring data from a database where the program using the SETUP sheet from the excel workbook as its critaria and then populates the DATA sheet. I then can use the DATA sheet to display data in the DISPLAY sheet in which ever way i want. Complication is that this pre-coded program is limited to the amount of tables it can hit at a time. Basically its programmed to read up to 3 tables. I now need data from 5 tables all together. The first t...

Can I put "OR" in a IF(AND statement?
Hi. I�m using this expression on a worksheet. =IF(AND(A13="p",C13="small",E8<11),"1 km","n/a") There are 7 different possible entries I need to put in C13 but I can� figure out how to express it � consequently I had to group them into th two categories �small� and �large�. What I�d like to be able to do is to modify this so I can put th �raw�data in � so I can say something like IF(AND(A13=�p�, c13 = �a� o �b� or �c� or �d�, E8 <11), �1 km�, �n/a�. Of course the next thing I need to do is for the other possible entrie � IF(AND(A13=�p�, ...

How can I put photos in Microsoft Access Form
I used the information BobLarson said in putting photos in Microsoft Access Form but it's not working. My computer keeps asking for Form1, which I deleted because nothing was happening the way I wanted it to. What I would like to know is there a online video that can show how you can do this procedure. And how can I get my computer stop asking for Form1. "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E015B36-D605-428D-9275-C95DAC1DC3AE@microsoft.com... >I used the information BobLarson said in putting photos in Microsoft Access > For...

If, say, =SUM(I2:I10) totals "0", how to change formula to put a "0" in I11?
I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to work. How can we change formula, pls, to have "=SUM(I2:I10)" show up as "0" in I11 if there aren't any values anywhere in I2 to I10? Thanks. :oD If there are no values to sum the formula should already be returning 0. What result are you getting? Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:OV$7dJLnHHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to >work. How can we change f...

how to write on the back of my document ?
when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? please hlep thank you in advance Page 2 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "guy in need of help" <guy in need of help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6EE6F9E-9938-4736-A848-1B31A4A719E0@microsoft.com... > when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? > please > hlep thank you in advance What version Publisher? When you insert a page, is there page tabs at the bottom of th...