Problem with my Microsoft Word 2003

Hi,

   For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words when I'm
writing in word.  If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happens - I
have to use the 'Del' key intead.  Any ideas why this has suddenly happened
and how I can put it right?

Tools >options > check 'typing replaces selection'.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sammax5000" <Sammax5000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>   For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words when
> I'm
> writing in word.  If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happens -
> have to use the 'Del' key intead.  Any ideas why this has suddenly
> happened
> and how I can put it right?

0
Graham
12/6/2009 1:42:21 PM
Does the key work in other applications? If not, it may be a hardware
problem -- a broken key, or a bit of dust on the contact underneath
the key (maybe you can lift up the top of the keyboard and blow out
the dirt).

On Dec 6, 8:36=A0am, Sammax5000 <Sammax5...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> =A0 =A0For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words w=
hen I'm
> writing in word. =A0If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happen=
s - I
> have to use the 'Del' key intead. =A0Any ideas why this has suddenly happ=
ened
> and how I can put it right?

0
Peter

Excel button problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

message delivery problems

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

Problem with Range

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

How to get to email from Word