Problem inserting in-line images

I am using Word 2003. Generally when I want to insert an image in a document
I successfully use Insert..Picture...from file. I can then right click and
add a caption is I want to. This is the preferred setting for me as i like to
be able to easily add text before and after the picture.

Hence my default settting (under Options...Edit) is 'Insert/paste
pictures... Inline with text.

I am having a problem with one particular document today (and I have seen it
occasionally in the past) when I use the above method but the image gets
hidden behind the text above. If I open a new document and do exactly the
same thing it works fine, so I can only assume it is something to do with the
formatting or paragraph settings on the problem document.

Can anyone help?

Sorry for any misgivings . I discribe my problem again
A ISA driver , the AddDevice( ) function is below, / ******************************************************************************************************/ #define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\KDISA" #define DOS_DEVICE_NAME L"\\DosDevices\\KDISA" NTSTATUS AddDevice( IN PDRIVER_OBJECT pDriverObject , IN PDEVICE_OBJECT pdo ) { KdPrint( ("\n\n") ); KdPrint(( "Enter ISADispatchCreateDevice . \n\n")); NTSTATUS status = STATUS_SUCCESS; PDEVICE_OBJECT fdo; PISA_DEVICE_EXTENSION pdx; / **********************...

SQL Server Update Problems KB970892
Hopefully this will help someone. I am running XP Home. I also could not install the download many times (now I don't know how to get rid of that yellow shield on the bottom of the screen) but anyway: I checked back to see if the SQL Server 5 had indeed completely installed - it didn't and when trying to finish the install I found out that my RAM memory had to be increased (AGAIN) before the install could be completed. So off to see the Geek Squad to see about getting this done. Getting a mgs. of low virtual memory once is what led me find out this information. > ...

Schedule service activity duration problem
I'm trying to increase the "Duration" time in the Schedule Service Activity screen to 15 days. Anything above 10 days and a message appears "The duration of this appointment is invalid". Any assistance would be appreciated. ...

Is Outlook auto responder security problem?
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 for inter office mail as well as outside contacts with trusted clients. When I post an "out of office" auto response is there anyway to prevent that from sending spammers and phishers my contact info (MAC, IP, e-mail addresses) so that they now have a valid target and info to spread to others like them? I don't think so. The goal is to filter the spam well enough that it never gets to your box. However consider that almost all of the return addresses are "fake",...so it isn't going back to the spammer anyway. Most of the time it...

insert a row on ALL sheets
I have a spreadsheet with 12 sheets in it, one for each month of the year. Is there a way to insert a row on all 12 sheets at once or do I have to go into each sheet and insert the row one at a time? In other words, do I have to do it 12 times or is there a way to do it only once and have it affect all 12 sheets? Thanks, BW "bw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e7301c3a9f0$6e399ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet with 12 sheets in it, one for each > month of the year. Is there a way to insert a row on all > 12 sheets at onc...

problem restoring to RSG using backup exec 10.1
I have been on and off the phone with Veritas for over 2 weeks now and they still cannot resolve this issue. I have a couple of good backups of our Exchange Information Store and have been trying to resotre just one mailstore to the RSG adn each time get an error message of "The job failed with the following error: Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted. Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount the databases, and then retry the job." It appears that backup exec is trying to restore the store to the...

Transparency problem
I have a .jpg which consists of a circular object inside a rectangular white background. Using Photoshop Elements, I made the background transparent and it showed the background properly as a gray/white checkerboard. I then saved the new version of the .jpg with the transparent background under a new name. When I brought that .jpg into a Publisher file, I right clicked it and told publisher to wrap text around the object rather than the frame. However, this is not happening. Text is only wrapping around the outer rectangle, just as if I had not bothered to make ithe frame transparent. I...

XMLDoc.Load problem
Hi! I'd like to know, how can I fix or ignore the XmlDocument Load or LoadXML error when the XML file is wrong (unended tag, missing start tag, missing "" from attribute ...), like IE Developer Toolbar or just a simple Browser? Thx! Hoszi Horv�th Szil�rd wrote: > I'd like to know, how can I fix or ignore the XmlDocument Load or > LoadXML error when the XML file is wrong (unended tag, missing start > tag, missing "" from attribute ...), like IE Developer Toolbar or just a > simple Browser? If the markup you are trying to load is not well-forme...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

OMA and Windows Sharepoint Team Services
Hello, May be it would be usefull for someone. I've found a solution for one of "OMA blank page" problems. I have Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 and Windows Sharepoint Team Services installed. I can use OWA fine but when I go to the OMA address I get prompted for my login, and then I get a blank page. I've found an event: 1503: --------------------------------------------- An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source: mscorlib Stack trace: at System.Ty...

Problems with Cache mode after upgrade / install
I deployed and office 2003 install / upgrade via script. About 1/2 or more have problems opening email with cache mode enabled, it was enabled before with no issue. We get an error unable to open default folder. Once I uncheck cache mode works fine. I really need cache mode as my exchange server is off site. Is there a fix for flush / recreate my outlook cache file? Try recreating Outlook profile. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Adam" <Adam@discussions.micros...

Installation problem #3
I installed Publisher 2003 on my desktop successfully, but when I tried it on my laptop, my entire computer froze when I was requested to give the product key. I have repeated the process several times and always get stopped there. Any suggestions? Microsoft will normally provide unlimited installation support at no charge however I found the following: The following are criteria for Installation Support: 1.. Single desktop installation only. Hardware peripherals must be connected directly to the computer with a cable. Network installation and network hardware are excluded. 2.. T...

Outlook 2007 and UTF-8 encoding problems
Hi all! Outlook 2007 seems to not work with plain text letters in UTF-8 encoding. How to reproduce: 1. Create a new e-mail using UTF-8 encoding in plain text format 2. Type in main body (not subject!) some NON-ASCII letters (for example cyrillic symbols) 3. Fill "To" field (use your own e-mail address) 4. Send&Receive 5. Open message. It is unreadable until you switch message encoding to any other and back to UTF-8. I can't duplicate the problem here. I turned off auto-encoding, then = created a message in plain text format, typed some cyrillic text into it = (I have t...

WLM Windows 7
I have just started using WLM and Calender in Windows 7. However, it keep getting the following message " "Something unexpected has happened and Windows Live mMail has had to close down". My imported contacts also disappeared (now reimported) and it seems to happen when I have Calender open (but I'm not sure that it always happens when it is open). I have looked for fixes and tried the following: On AVG I removed the email scanning option. (Failed to work) I have uninstalled AVG and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Failed to work) In tools...

Problem opening Publisher attachments
We have a strange problem with a user running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003... He can open Publisher 2003 & 2002 email attachments from within Outlook. He can't open Publisher 2000 & 98 email attachments - Publisher produces an error report to send to MS. He has to save them to the hard drive, then open them by double-clicking or by opening in Publisher. Can anyone please help? -- Regards, John jkane@camozzi.co.uk Correct operation. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Download problems
My bank updated its web site. On download, my transactions copy over into Money (2002), but the date and balance data does not download. The bank says that the problem is not on its end. The problem did not exist prior to the site being updated Try saving the files and see if you can tell whether or not the date and balance information is there. If it is, it's likely that it's formatted incorrectly. To save the files, you may need to change the open command on the file association. To do this, go into Windows explorer and click on Tools, FolderOptions, FileTypes. Go down the l...

Desktop Heap problem
I'm getting symptoms that I'm overflowing the size of the desktop heap (3072KB). I have dheapmon.exe running every 5 minutes so I can watch the numbers to see if any approach 100%. If it turns out that one is reaching 100% used, is there some mechanism I can use to determine which process has the lions share? I can extract a list of processes, and then stop using them, one at a time, until the problem goes away, but with dozens of "things" running, and the fact that the problem only happens about once a week, this could keep me busy for a few months. Does...

Update Query Problem 10-01-07
All - I've been racking my brain with no avail on something that should be an easy task... I have two temporary tables that I'm using to come up with a single set of variables. The first one (tmptblItemsOKToBill) is the result of a query. The second (tmptblInvoiceTable) is a table that summarizes the data from the first as well as pull some data from another table. The problem I'm having is that there are multiple items in the first table that need to be calculated and placed in the second table. First Table (tmptblItemsOKToBill) Project ActualUnits ActualUnit...

Please insert a disk into removable drive
I've just bought a portable hard drive and i comes up with the error "please insert a disk into removable drive". I've tried changing the drive name from 'F:' to other letters and nothing works. I've tried uninstalling via device manager and reinstalling. I've tried searching for driver updates. None of these works. Can anyone please help? Thanks. ...

Interesting problem: serializing in with MFC CArchive, reading out using C# BinaryReader
I've serialized in various variables of various types (mainly CString, int, double) into an instantiated MFC CArchive class and saved it as a binary file. I am able to open the binary file and read out the individual variables fine with an MFC application. However I cannot read the binary file correctly with a C#.NET application, where I'm using the BinaryReader Class. Doing some debugging I noticed that the problem occured at this C# line of code: my_variable_of_type_CString = instantiated_CSharp_binaryreader.ReadString(); When this line of code execute, the binary reads out the EN...

Still have file opening problem
My laptop has the following problem...click on a shortcut to or an Excel 97 file icon and Excel opens but not the file. If I open Excel and then go to File/Open....any of the files will open fine. I now have latest Zone Alarm and have removed and reinstalled Excel several times but same difficulty keeps occuring. Have also tried "unregserver/regserver" but no luck with that either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. check the properties of your icon (right click) and what do you see for filename or program. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site chan...

#VALUE! problem
i have a sheet set up with formulas in cells such a =SUM(A1*D1)+SUM(B1*E1), etc.. i want to have totals at the bottom of the columns but they won' produce totals for me when i sum(F1:F300) for instance, it only return a #VALUE! because there are some cells which don't have numbers. i code or something that will delete all cells which have #VALUE! i them, and keep all actual value cells -- chie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- chief's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=777 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Help: I need a macro to add words every 3 lines
Hello, I understand nothing to macro but I am sure that a macro can resolve my problem. I have the following columns, for example (it is for a dictionary database): House Maison [empty line] Car Voiture [empty line] Dog Chien [empty line] etc..... The first word is always in English and the second is always french. There is only 1 column but many lines. I would like to add "\en" in front of each English word, and "\fr" in front of each French word (in the same cell - I do not want to add a colum)... as a result I should get : \en House \fr Maison \en Car \fr Voitu...

Problem in creating a company
Hi, I am getting the following error I have a company in service pack two but the other companies are not getting upgraded to service pack II, i am getting an sql error which shows the version of one database is different from another.. This is the error i am getting A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version, you will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Any help is appreciated Regards Reddy Well, first, all db's should be upgraded. But the error message means that there is a 3rd party product or GP Addo...

2 y axis, bar and line graph question
I am plotting 2 series of data against time. One series needs to be a line and the other a bar. I got it pretty close with the 'custom types' (built in)-- 'line - column on 2 axis'. However, this will only let me have the primary y-axis as the bar graph. Is it possible to customize this further so that the primary y-axis is the line and the secondary y-axis is the bar graph? Thanks, please help. Kyle ...