Problem Displaying Comments in Balloons

I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a
problem displaying my comments.  Tables are utilized extensively throughout
the document and the document has multiple sections.  Some sections are in
portrait format and others are in landscape format.  I am able to insert
comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however when
I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose the
ability to insert ballooned comments.  After that, the only way to display
the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comments
horizontally or vertically.  The problem is I don't want to display the
comments in the review pane.  I only want to display my comments in balloons.
 Why can't I display them in balloons???  It's very frustrating.

Hmm, I can't reproduce what you are seeing. At Review tab | Track Changes |
Change Tracking Options, have you tried changing the settings for "Preferred
width" and "Paper orientation in printing"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DNGRE" <DNGRE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a
> problem displaying my comments.  Tables are utilized extensively throughout
> the document and the document has multiple sections.  Some sections are in
> portrait format and others are in landscape format.  I am able to insert
> comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however when
> I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose the
> ability to insert ballooned comments.  After that, the only way to display
> the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comments
> horizontally or vertically.  The problem is I don't want to display the
> comments in the review pane.  I only want to display my comments in balloons.
> Why can't I display them in balloons???  It's very frustrating.

0
Stefan
6/1/2010 7:20:48 PM
Which options were chosen? Did you try changing any of them?

No, the file format doesn't make a difference. Word 2003 (and possibly also Word
2002) also supported balloons.

--

>I tried your suggestion and was unable to get my comments to display as
> balloons on the screen.  Would the fact that I am reviewing the document in
> compatibility mode (i.e., a .doc file instead of a .docx file) make any
> difference?  Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I can't reproduce what you are seeing. At Review tab | Track Changes |
>> Change Tracking Options, have you tried changing the settings for "Preferred
>> width" and "Paper orientation in printing"?
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "DNGRE" <DNGRE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a
>> > problem displaying my comments.  Tables are utilized extensively throughout
>> > the document and the document has multiple sections.  Some sections are in
>> > portrait format and others are in landscape format.  I am able to insert
>> > comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however
>> > when
>> > I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose
>> > the
>> > ability to insert ballooned comments.  After that, the only way to display
>> > the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comments
>> > horizontally or vertically.  The problem is I don't want to display the
>> > comments in the review pane.  I only want to display my comments in
>> > balloons.
>> > Why can't I display them in balloons???  It's very frustrating.
>>

>> .

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 12:59:32 PM
Balloons were introduced in Word 2002.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Which options were chosen? Did you try changing any of them?
>
> No, the file format doesn't make a difference. Word 2003 (and possibly
> also Word 2002) also supported balloons.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "DNGRE" <DNGRE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I tried your suggestion and was unable to get my comments to display as
>> balloons on the screen.  Would the fact that I am reviewing the document
>> in
>> compatibility mode (i.e., a .doc file instead of a .docx file) make any
>> difference?  Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
>>
>> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, I can't reproduce what you are seeing. At Review tab | Track
>>> Changes |
>>> Change Tracking Options, have you tried changing the settings for
>>> "Preferred
>>> width" and "Paper orientation in printing"?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stefan Blom
>>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>>

>>> "DNGRE" <DNGRE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> .

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 2:13:44 PM
> Balloons were introduced in Word 2002.

That would have been my guess, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Balloons were introduced in Word 2002.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Which options were chosen? Did you try changing any of them?
>>
>> No, the file format doesn't make a difference. Word 2003 (and possibly also
>> Word 2002) also supported balloons.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "DNGRE" <DNGRE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I tried your suggestion and was unable to get my comments to display as
>>> balloons on the screen.  Would the fact that I am reviewing the document in
>>> compatibility mode (i.e., a .doc file instead of a .docx file) make any
>>> difference?  Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

0
Stefan

Problem with Spam filter in OL2003
I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email Options I have the level set to High and within International I have a number of TLDs set. All appears to be set correctly but when I receive email it all goes into my Inbox. I do have a Junk Email folder but it has a red crossed circle on it. Maybe this is normal but I'm not sure. Is there some other setting that I am unaware of which is needed to activate the spam blocking? Thanks Bob <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email &g...

Entourage not Downloading Whole messages/displaying HTML

Password / Auto_Open Macro Problem :-(
Hi, I recently made this macro in excel: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc/browse_thread/thread/4224d7377faa09d3/e008d26c6bdad365 I then made an Auto_Open macro consisting of the line "call Highlighted_Text()" . My workbook has always had a password. Since opening the workbook with the Auto_Open macro, I am asked for my password as usual. But even though I am entering the correct password, I am told that it is wrong and to check if I have my SHIFT key turned off. I CAN'T ACCESS THE WORKBOOK!!!! I have tried pressing the SHIFT key different ways...

Fuel Consumption Problem
I need to build a worksheet that calculates MPG for a car whenever the tank is filled. The tank is not filled each time, but some times only a few gallons are put in. I need a formula that will do the maths only when the tank is filled. It would need to take into account the partial fillings in order to get the correct MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rusty Surely it is just sum of miles travelled divided by sum of gallons input? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOU...

Database problems
I am a computr Tech, I installed RMS for a friend and explained that they need to back it up every night, which i discovered has not been done. Now when I try to use store Ops, I get "login failed" If I go to Ops Admin, I can connect to the DB, but when I test the connection, it tells me "login failed" at one point i even get "the database has been marked suspect by recovery" I cannot ever use Operrations manager Help me PLEASE -- Terry Terry, Are you sure you are using the correct SQL SA password? How did you copy/install/place the database onto the com...

Page Preview/Print Problem
When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "margins do not fit page size" error. I have followed all the help instructions on formatting a worksheet to a single page, but nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? What version of Excel and window are you using? "laura@basi-usa.com" wrote: > When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate > page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "...

sync problems #3
I am having two problems synch 1. With MSN Money, will not sync data saying information is needed, but I can log on to site with no poblem and when I go to send a bill have no problem. 2. Sync with MSN Web keeps saying updates are temporarily unavaialbe (been a couple of months since I was able to do so). I own Microsoft Money 2006 (upgraded serveral times from earlier versions. Any suggestions? I have the same problem as do others on this site. I bet you installed the beta of IE 7 as I did. even though I uninstalled it the syncing does not work. John "BillB" <BillB...

MIDL Problem by creating TypeLib from IDL
Hi, I receive the following error message when I call the MIDL compiler to create a Typlib from an IDL File (translated from german): "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be found." The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. How can I solve this problem? Thanks Christian > "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be > found." > The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. Is mspdb60.dll in a location described in you PATH environment variable? It s...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

XP/Pub97 print problem
Looking for help last night I saw a question concerning using Publisher 97 on XP. Since the answer was yes, I have a different question. I used to print statements with publisher, and had a clip-art at the top. Now, since I upgraded to XP, the clip-art does not print. Late last night I found that if I save the file then reload it, I can print one copy. The second print operation drops the clip-art. As long as I reload the file first, I can print another copy. I feel this is a 'settings' problem, but can't find anything that seems to fit. I really don't know where to loo...

Comment Indicators #2
Something has happened to a spreadhseet whereby all the comments have really long indicators spreading down over multiple cells. How can these be corrected without doing each one at a time? Thanks for help D Try running this macro: Option Explicit Sub ResetComments() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim CmmtRng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim CopyTxt As String Set ws = ActiveSheet Set CmmtRng = ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments) For Each cell In CmmtRng With cell CopyTxt = .Comment.Text .Comment.Delete .AddComment .Comment.Text Text:=CopyTxt .Comment....

MAPI Problem with Exchange 2000 and ARCServe Agent
My ARCServe BrightStore backup software will no longer perform a bricks-level backup (information store backup works fine). The bricks-level backup uses MAPI functions where the information store backup does not. The ARCServe tech support finally determined the problem is with my Exchange 2000 server and not their software. The only change I made to my network recently is I upgraded my Windows 2000 domain to a Windows 2003 domain using domainprep and forestprep because I wanted to upgrade only my domain controllers to Windows 2003. My Exchange 2000 server is sitting on a Windows 2000 Se...

Large BLOB problem
Hi,I am using SQL Server 2000 as backend, where I store files, so i came to problem when I fill IMAGE (OLE Object) field with files larger tha 50 mb.Table is linked to access 97 application, i use DAO GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.Error (ODBC call failed) emerges when I call Update method of recordset object.I've run some tests with same table structure using access97 db as backend and everything works fine, files of 150 mb are 'uploaded' without problem.When I use SQL Server 2000 as backend , i can't insert more than 50mb into field.What is the problem?Cache between access...

Internet Explorer cannot display this feed
The feeds section works for about a day before reverting to 'Internet Explorer cannot display this feed' . After removing allthe feeds and starting over for the 7th or 8th time I guess it is time to give up. This is not the only problem in IE8. Stopped using IE 8 years ago but thought it was worth a try with a new computer and Windows 7. BIG BIG mistake. There is obviously no answer to the problem as nobody gets a response from MS. Typical. "craggers" <craggers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065995F7-7510-4341-B43E-39AC774FB8A0@microso...

Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order/Rename Report Options
Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order in the Report Options Window For example, when the Trial Balance Report Options window is open, the drop down list of report options appear to be in the order in which the reports were created, making it difficult to navigate to find the desired report option, especially when many options have been created. Would also like the ability to rename a report option. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

Displaying a blank cell
I have this formula in my spreadsheet... =IF('Prospect Questions'!B61=""," ","") Obviously, if cell B61 on the Prospect Questions work sheet is blank, I want this new cell to appear with a blank. Otherwise I want the contents of what's in B61. When I enter this formula, it is displaying the formula. What am I doing wrong??? Is the formatting wrong??? Or just the formula?? HELP! Have you text format in the cell with the formula? Also, =IF('Prospect Questions'!B61="","",'Prospect Questions'!B61) I noticed th...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

Problems with formating and formulas in Excel 2002
I am having problems with the sum formula in Excel 2002. I take a straight copy of data in an acess database (not an export) and paste it into an excel spreadsheet. I can not seem to format the cells nor can I use the Sum formula to calculate. If I manually re-type all the numeric value these problems seem to disappear. The problems seem to have started when Access XP was installed onto the PC but niether removing Access no re- installing the PC has worked to correct this problem. Has anyone else seen something similar? Hi It sounds to me like the cells are coming in as text, rathe...

Sorting problem #9
I have a worksheet with 5 columns and 5 rows. A number gets entered into each cell (A1:E5). I need to sort so that each number is placed in sequential order (smallest to largest) across the columns and down the rows (see example below). Can this be done? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Patrick, You could use another block of formulas, which wouldn't affect the original entries, but could be used in their place. Enter this into cell G1, then copy to G1:K5. =SMALL($A$1:$E$5,(ROW()-ROW($G...

starting Excel from Command
Hi, Created a XLT workbook which "should" load data from an XML File. In order to do that, I added in my registry a new extension and linked it to Excel... Anyway, I can't figure out the correct command line to set the xml path as a parameter to my xlt file... I already have to function which retrieve the parameters list. In my Shell/Open/Command registry key, I tried this : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "/%1" "MyTemplatePath" Where %1 is my xml file path. Unsuccesfull... Please help :( You could saving this in the XL...

Exchange 2003 Problems
Exchange 2003 allowed one of my users (using Outlook 98) to copy an empty folder onto its subfolder (with 23 items) and created a nest of subfolders that was almost 7000 layers deep with over 80,000 items (same 23 items repeated almost 3500 times). The loop continued until Exchange 2003 ran out of memory and shut off leaving a 1.8 Gigabyte mailbox that could not be purged from the server. How was this possible since the system will not allow the user to open more than 500 folders at a time (limit for MAPI) ? I did find the "Information Store Viewer" (MDBVU32) on the Microsoft websi...

e-mail problems
I am using Windows XP on a new Dell computer. My IP is Road Runner. I have subscribed and downloaded McAfee Security system. My problem: my e-mails sometime are not going through. The message I get from Outlook Express "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 sec. Would you like to wait anther 60 sec for the server to respond". People from Road Runner and McAfee are nice people but of no help. Does anyone has the same problem? Any ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you. P.S. You can call me collect 518 489 6290 I believe the problem is the McAfee. Anyone figured out ho...

Outlook 2007 Recurring Appointment Problem
We are running Exchange 2007 and we have one client who is having a strange issue. This user was on Windows XP and Outlook 2003 and was given a new laptop last month with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. He also is a Blackberry user and we have BES in house. The problem started with the new laptop. Here is what's happening. He created a weekly recurring appointment with attendees. At then end of each appointment he updates the notes for next weeks appointment and sends them out to the attendees. The appointment appears correctly at first but then within 24 hours the appointment for the ...

> 12 series displayed, or better way?
a user has 11 curves to dispay. in addition, there is a series of X,Y pairs that he would also like to display. when the (x,y) pairs are displayed (they are actually discrete points), the first one shows fine, but any point added after the first, does not visibly appear on the chart. I tried deleting one of the 11 curves... then a second (x,y) point would display. It appears that the chart was only able to handle 12 sets of data. The reason that I tried to do it with a new series for each (x,y) pair is that the info displayed when the cursor hovers over the data point is much more...

How do I get the date to display a Julian date? (yyddd)
I am trying to get the date to show up as a Julian date, yyddd. In my form and report I need to have both regular ddmmyyyy and yyddd fields. they are the same day so if there is an expression that I can use to convert the first date into the julian that would work as well. Thanks next time try a simple search for it on this site... this was given by Karl Dewey Format(Date(), "yy") & Format(DatePart("y", Date()), "000") "Jacobs33Ladder" wrote: > I am trying to get the date to show up as a Julian date, yyddd. In my form &...