Problem accessing Word

Have a 2 yr. old Gateway POS.  it came pre-loaded (Windows Office Suite
included), with no disks.  Lately, after clicking on the Word icon, a small
screen says preparing to install and an install progress bar begins, then
stops about halfway.  Notice says "SKUO11.CAB could not be found".  If I
cancel the install, I get another message saying, Please run Set Up and
select "repair" (can't find Set Up, Where to look?)  If I hit cancel again,
the program begins and works fine.  The problem seems to be getting to the
program.  Any Ideas?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896866.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 16:19:01 -0800, rah5301
<rah5301@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have a 2 yr. old Gateway POS.  it came pre-loaded (Windows Office Suite
>included), with no disks.  Lately, after clicking on the Word icon, a small
>screen says preparing to install and an install progress bar begins, then
>stops about halfway.  Notice says "SKUO11.CAB could not be found".  If I
>cancel the install, I get another message saying, Please run Set Up and
>select "repair" (can't find Set Up, Where to look?)  If I hit cancel again,
>the program begins and works fine.  The problem seems to be getting to the
>program.  Any Ideas?
0
Jay

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Problem with CFTPConnection

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

How can I insert symbols (&, %, etc) in a drop down box in Word?
I would like to insert symbols (&, @, % etc in a drop down box in WORD. I have some customers names (Tom Jones & Son, Larry Smith @ ABC Company). How can I do this. I type the symbols in the "drop-down item" box, but when I use that item, the symbol does not appear. Nor when I print the form it does not appear. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Use_Ampersand_in_Dropdown_Field.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "keokukchief" <keokukchief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

new sheet the cell doesn't let me type words & numbers
It was working before, now Excel dosen't let me type any words & numbers in the cell. The funtion manues are light color. Please help me. My computer version is home xp 2002 Cynthia Nip Is the worksheet protected? Tools|protection|unprotect sheet (you may need a password) excel general question wrote: > > It was working before, now Excel dosen't let me type any words & numbers in > the cell. The funtion manues are light color. Please help me. > My computer version is home xp 2002 > > Cynthia Nip -- Dave Peterson ...

no access to send internet email

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...