printing labels - using Avery # - not lining up - help!

Using Word 2007 - running windows XP - labels are not lining up - is there
some adjustment/calibration to do somewhere to get the labels to print
correctly?

1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dotm (rename normal.dotm)
2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size
of the label sheet.
3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog
4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced
with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly.
Cleaning the rollers in the print path may help.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"ehfcpa" <ehfcpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Word 2007 - running windows XP - labels are not lining up - is there
> some adjustment/calibration to do somewhere to get the labels to print
> correctly?

0
Graham

Help on personalized "slope" function
I have just found a personalized slope function and I don't understand how it works. Can you help me ? note: the "SLOPE" function is set in CELL CC187 Slope(Volume1;Volume2;Cost1;Cost2) =ARGUMENT("Volume1";1) =ARGUMENT("Volume2";1) =ARGUMENT("Cost1";1) =ARGUMENT("Cost2";1) =RESULT(1) =(Cost2/Cost1)^(0,693147180559945/LN(Volume2/Volume1)) =RETURN(CC187) HOUR REVENUES PERFORMANCE 10 � 88 � 8,8 20 � 123 � 6,2 SLOPE: 0,5 Note: PERFORMANCE is da REVENUES/HOUR Nell'esempio riportato i valori ...

Printing the whole month for my calendar
so I'm trying to figure out how to print my calendar in outlook 2003. My problem is that Jan has 31 days therefore this would be 6 weeks and I can't get it to work. I'd like to keep the weekend uncompressed. Any ideas? The help is appreciated! Try one of the Word Templates for printing your calendar here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furio...

How to process a PO.xml file become WorkOrder can be used at POS?
I have a PurchaseOrder.xml file that have been created from SOManager, now how I can import/convert this file become a WorkOrder which can be re-called by POS and then sale items normally? I tried to use CreateWorkOrder event within QSBridge but it's not work. I think because this event will convert the current transaction into a work order transation, so first step should I make PurchaseOrder.xml into a transactin, and then call this event? If so, how do I do for each step? Many thanks. Phuong Nguyen Hi, Are you interested in cutsom solution for your requirements. Please drop a e...

Outlook help #3
Hello All! I need your help on something..I keep getting this error code and I don't have a virus and I have done all the updates necessary for Office, so what can I do now? I don't have the installation diskette, so I am not sure what to do at this point. Here are the messages I get.they are both the same except the titles change on them: "dw.exe-bad image Or outlook.EXE-bad image The application or DLL C:\Windows\System 32\imm.32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." This usually happens when I am in Outlook ...

Query set-up not using cross-tab
Hi, I keep running into this same problem when I’m building my query and I’ve tried several different approaches. It could be that it is beyond my knowledge but I don’t know what direction to take to find the solution. What is the "cleanest" way to build the following query. I have a table (I simplified the example): Empl Type THours Joe Billable 60 Joe Indirect 100 Mary Billable 160 And I want my query to look like this: Empl Billable Indirect THours Billable% Indirect% T% Joe 62 100 162 39% 63% 101% Mary 160 0 160 100% 0% 100% I tried a cross-tab query b...

POP3 using Exchange 2003
I am trying to allow a user to access his Exchange 2003 mailbox off-site using POP3 via Outlook 2003. After clicking “Test Account Settings”, all the items pass except “Log onto the incoming mail server”. The machine Administrator account, however, completes all items successfully. Even users created using the Administrator template are not able to log on; only the built-in Administrator account. All users have POP3 enabled on the “Exchange Features” tab. How can I allow my other users to access POP3? Thanks! ...

Using 'Option Buttons'
I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within it. The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act independently of the other rows. I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter what cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end up with 12 buttons linked to one cell every time. I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. If you're using option buttons from the Forms toolbar put a group box around the ones your want to op...

Linking two spreadsheets with different print format
Hello, Ok, here is the story lets say I have a two spreads one called a.xls and is formated to print on a ll x17 paper and the other to be printed on a 8.5 x 11 paper which is called b.xls. The format are slightly different because the headings for the ll x 17 are at different rows then the 8.5 x 11 which makes the spreadsheet different also the page breaks are different. Since I don't like the print area command I was wondering is there away to link the 11 x 17 format to the 8.5 x 11 format so that if I make one change in the data in master 11 x 17 page it will show up in the 8.5 x 11...

Great Plains v9.00.0093 Migration Help
Hopefully someone here can help me out as I'm in quite a bind. I'm looking to migrate a GP database either to the version 10 GP trial or another SQL database, excel, access or even quickbooks. It might help for you to understand why things need to be done this way. Company "A" went bust which had 50% ownership of company "B" with the other half owned by company "C". Company "B" is now under 100% ownership of company "C". Company "C" doesn't own the license for GP which is how all the data was originally stored. Company &qu...

Using GIF image as macro button
I have a animated GIF that I want to place on the spreadsheet as m macro button, is thios possible. Currently I can get the image on the spreadsheet with a macro attache but the image is a picture and so not animated. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to Use Powershell to Exec an "ALTER PROC" Script on Every DB
Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP on all the DBs. Thanks On 4/13/2010 7:17 AM, nzrdb6 wrote: > Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've > got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP > on all the DBs. > > Thanks Install SQLPSX (http://sqlpsx.codeplex.com/). Then from a PS cmd use something like: PS > $instance = Get-sqlserver "server\instance" PS > $instance.databases | ...

RMS 2.0 Purchase Help
I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 cashiers + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at this point. Please help me choose the right products at right price. Thank you, Flash, You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the cost from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per sales lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you this, until the last minute) The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the licensing is figured by how many sales lanes...

newbie needs help - ACCESS - Word
Is it possible to import into a Word Table or Excel spreadsheet x number of records so that you could have on a page, like four photos across and several lines text fields underneath and then repeat the whole thing again, for a total of eight records on a given page? ...

using the "save as" command for a jpg
I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive it will only let me save as a BMP format, which I don't want.... Help. How do I fix this so it will let me save as a JPG? John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive > floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click > on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive > it will only let me save as a BMP...

Someone please help me! Word Document
I am a student at college and I am behind on my work but I promised my tutor that I have dne the work but I didn't so I hve changed the dates and she has asked me to hand it in on USB for the IT services to investigate. Is there any way they can ind out when it was created? -- Mwah x I'm sure there is a way to change the date so that even the IT department doesn't know but I'd say if you're turning in a college paper the more serious problem I see is the lack of grammar spaelling and punctiations I mean I'm just saying you know... On 6/7/08 11:13 AM, in article 1...

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

Print multiple pics on 1 page
I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in XP but cannot remember how. Can anyone help please Thanks Teriel9 On 2/26/2010 7:50 AM On a whim, Teriel9 pounded out on the keyboard > I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in > XP but cannot remember how. > Can anyone help please > Thanks > Teriel9 > > Hi Terie, If you select the photos in Explorer (use Ctrl left-click for non-contiguous files), in the left pane you will see the option to "Print the selected pictures". That...

printing png
Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page prints with a fine broken black border. No problems printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements so its a Pub problem. Anyone else have this problem? Does it happen with newer versions? D. L. Ridder wrote: > Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page > prints with a fine broken black border. No problems > printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements > so its a Pub problem. Anyone else have this problem? Does > it happen with newer versions? Incorrect assumption. There are *...

Using Outlook with Windows XP
My mom has recently upgraded from Win 98 to XP and is having trouble with sending e-mail through Outlook Express. In order to get it to send, she has to close it and then open it again. She is also having trouble with mail being returned which may or may not be related. I understand that Win XP has some different security features and was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the settings/configuration so she will not have this problem sending mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There should be no problem using Outlook Express, or Outlook (another more expanded pr...

"Use of OR condition in UPDATE Query"
I have a table that lists a set of diseases in several columns (say 2 columns, Disease1, Disease2). I want to create a new column (let us say, Diabetes) which would be coded as "Yes" for a row for which any one of the 2 columns has an entry for "Diabetes". Otherwise, it would be coded "No". I t would be an update query. I tried the following sql statement but it does not work: Update Table1 Set Table1.Diabetes = (IIF(InStr(1,([column1]), "Diabetes")>0 Or (IIF(InStr(1,([columnn2]), "Diabetes")>0, "Yes","No")); I ...

How do I type labels with a border or picture? 01-14-10
I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sunshine Soo" <Sunshine Soo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7078AFAA-1054-4EFB-B7DA-8EC15BB85A10@microsoft.com... >I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels > decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc. > ...

Need help to find Values after from
This what a snippit of what my field COMMENT looks like. I would like to be able to get the difference of the from to Thanks for any help. 00033300718160: from $86.990 to $91.550 033300611072: from $25.650 to $25.450 050545220203: from $4.250 to $4.250 First Value can be calculated with Val(Mid([Comments],Instr(1,[Comments],"from $",1)+6)) Second value can be calculated with Val(Mid([Comments],Instr(1,[Comments],"to $",1)+3)) Difference is computed by subtracting the two values. As long as Comments is not null I think this should work for you. It does rely on the dat...

use of HTML in vc++(mfc)
What is the use of HTML pages in vc++ ? priyanka wrote: > What is the use of HTML pages in vc++ ? Sometimes we can design a pretty UI in HTML page and use some controls to show it in our application. It's easy to show a HTML page using Microsoft Web Browser control, also CHTMLView etc. And sometimes we can use this feature to print something easily ^_^. On 21 Nov 2006 22:49:52 -0800, "priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote: >What is the use of HTML pages in vc++ ? I don't understand your question very good... However, if you are thinking of embeddin...

Major help needed #2
Right, so this one is a biggy for me, and I'm stumped. Basically, I have to analyse the mobile phone records for my company. The invoice comes in on a disk, and now it's my job to go through all the calls picking out certain numbers, users, etc. Anyway, after exporting the data to a .txt file, i now need to open it in excel so I can start comparing and so on. Unfortunately, this is a big company and turns out, there are a lot of calls being made. So excel is unable to open anything more than the first 65 000 odd rows of calls. I still need a lot, lot more. Is there any way tha...

Pictures not visable Print view 9Word 2003)
I have a large document with lots of images. I can see all of them in Normal view. In print view I do not see most of them.. Why? Thanks See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/InvisibleGraphics.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81AC083-E10D-4AD6-B858-C61BF3671B9A@microsoft.com... >I have a large document with lots of images. I can see all of them in >Normal > view. In print view I do not see most of them.. Why? > > Thanks This has been updated at http://sba...