printing envelopes in Word 07

Help!  I can't get my Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 printer to print envelopes that I
have inserted into the document.  I can print the envelopes the regular way,
but my boss doesnt want to have our envelopes printed professionally anymore
and so I insert the envelope into the document so that I can format the
return address to look more professional.  When I tell it to print, the
printer whirs but doesnt print.  Sometimes it does nothing at all.  How can i
get it to wake up?  I have tried changing the document size in the print
properties to envelope size, but then the envelope gets jammed in the
printer.  why is that especially since when i print envelopes the regular way
they come out fine.

When you say you "insert the envelope into the document," I assume you mean
that you attach the envelope to the document. With my HP, I start with
Ctrl+P, then enter s1 for the page to print. The envelope attached to the
document is "section one."

"Moose" <Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!  I can't get my Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 printer to print envelopes
> that I
> have inserted into the document.  I can print the envelopes the regular
> way,
> but my boss doesnt want to have our envelopes printed professionally
> anymore
> and so I insert the envelope into the document so that I can format the
> return address to look more professional.  When I tell it to print, the
> printer whirs but doesnt print.  Sometimes it does nothing at all.  How
> can i
> get it to wake up?  I have tried changing the document size in the print
> properties to envelope size, but then the envelope gets jammed in the
> printer.  why is that especially since when i print envelopes the regular
> way
> they come out fine.

0
JD
4/6/2010 9:01:45 PM
It is also, FWIW, page 0.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"JD" <erehwon@example.com> wrote in message
> When you say you "insert the envelope into the document," I assume you
> mean that you attach the envelope to the document. With my HP, I start
> with Ctrl+P, then enter s1 for the page to print. The envelope attached to
> the document is "section one."
>
> "Moose" <Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Help!  I can't get my Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 printer to print envelopes
>> that I
>> have inserted into the document.  I can print the envelopes the regular
>> way,
>> but my boss doesnt want to have our envelopes printed professionally
>> anymore
>> and so I insert the envelope into the document so that I can format the
>> return address to look more professional.  When I tell it to print, the
>> printer whirs but doesnt print.  Sometimes it does nothing at all.  How
>> can i
>> get it to wake up?  I have tried changing the document size in the print
>> properties to envelope size, but then the envelope gets jammed in the
>> printer.  why is that especially since when i print envelopes the regular
>> way
>> they come out fine.

0
Suzanne
4/6/2010 10:14:04 PM
I don't know if it will be of interest to you, but see the add in at
http://www.gmayor.com/EnvelopesAndLabels.htm which includes a function to
create size #10 envelopes from a pair of envelope templates that you can
modify to your own preference with the addition of a return address and a
preferred font for the two paragraph styles - Envelope Address and Envelope
Return. You can even change the size of the envelopes, as long as you don't
change the filenames or their locations.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

 "Moose" <Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!  I can't get my Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 printer to print envelopes
> that I
> have inserted into the document.  I can print the envelopes the regular
> way,
> but my boss doesnt want to have our envelopes printed professionally
> anymore
> and so I insert the envelope into the document so that I can format the
> return address to look more professional.  When I tell it to print, the
> printer whirs but doesnt print.  Sometimes it does nothing at all.  How
> can i
> get it to wake up?  I have tried changing the document size in the print
> properties to envelope size, but then the envelope gets jammed in the
> printer.  why is that especially since when i print envelopes the regular
> way
> they come out fine.

0
Graham

Printer does not print all text
For some reason one of my Publisher file is not printing all the text; only about 75% of the text is there. I have tried to print from a different computer but have the same problem. On screen, everything looks right and great. I am using Publisher 2007. Andy help would be appreciated. You might want to check the manufacturer's web site of your printer model for an upgraded driver. If you think your present driver is correct, uninstall it and then re-install. It is always wise to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

Print preview problem... #6
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

copying from Word to Excel
I am trying to copy a line of data from a Word document into an Excel cell. When doing so it is configured incorrectly. In the box where normally you would find the cell address such as B58, it says OLE-LINK2 and I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know what this is? Hi if you don't need a link just copy the data in Word and insert it with 'Edit - Paste special' (and choose something like 'Text only') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F296D6C-CAB1-4A41-8E96-89EB94E4C53C...

Suggestion: Print all items on pick ticket
We have a need to print all items on pick tickets, not just those items in stock. Please provide a method for removing this restriction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/d...

non vba way to print non continuous ranges
Hi, Is there a non vba way to print non continous ranges on the one shee using excel? Specifically, lets say I want to print data from columns A, B, C, G an K down to row 35 in each column. Is there a way I can do that withou manually making them continuous by cutting and pasting each range ont a new sheet? Regards, David Obei -- DavidObei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196 You can h...

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Is there something like Word's "CREATEDATE" function in Excel?
I've created a lovely invoice in Excel for my company. When I generate a new invoice from the template it puts in the date using the TODAY() function, but unfortunately this updates if I ever open the invoice again to look at it. In Word there is a "CREATEDATE" function which inserts the date that the file was created first, and never after does it change. Is there any way to accomplish this same task in Excel? Thanks, Michael mleenheer @ yahoo.com ML, Keyboard shortcut to date stamp is put your cursor in the cell you want and push -- ctrl ; --(thats ctrl and semicolon...

CRM License 07-23-04
I recently installed CRM on one of our servers using the sample license key which is only used for 5 users, but as an MCP we are entitled to a 10 user CRM license. Does anyone know where I can obtain this license or who to talk to/email? Thanks. There should be information in your pack of stuff from MS about how to register for your keys. Once you register, they will issue an Org Name/License key combo to you and those values will be needed for your isntallation. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 23 ...

Opening Word 2007 Files
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He can open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file Icon in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007, in the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her other co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does anyone have any experience with this sort of a problem. I thank you Carl I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on the computer in question and right click it. Look fo...

Printing recurring appointments on Calendar Printing Assistant
I wanted to "overlay" my calendars from Outlook into one calendar and print it out using Calendar Printing Assistant (CPA). But, the CPA does not print the recurring appointments from my calendars. Does anyone know how to print the recurring appointments on CPA? Does CPA even have this feature? Thank you! The issue might be fixed by having all the latest free Microsoft updates for your version of Outlook... see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx If this doesnt fix the issue, then consider using Wincalendar instead of CPA. It converts your Outlook...

Word document sent by Mac client lost encoding when opened in OWA
When a Macintosh users sends a Word or Excel document(with the proper Windows extentions) the Word document loses its encoding when you try to open it with the OWA. The Excel document is unrecognized. When you open the message with an Outlook client on Windows or Mac the attachments are fine. ...

Importing Excel and Word using automation
The last time I tried this I got very frustrated. I think I'll probably need to buy a book or something. Can someone recommend such a resource, or any other suitable resource for that matter? Before you go out and buy a book, try reading the Automation documentation that Microsoft provides with their Office applications. The documentation file names vary, depending on the version of Office, but for instance, my Office 2003 documentation is in files named the following (obviously, the root path varies depending on where you installed): E:\Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM E:\Office\OFF...

Re: Print records from database
sorry, forgot to add my version of Publisher: 2003 Fritz "Fritz Anton" <fritz.anton@aon.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > Hi, > I am trying to set up a catalogue merge form in Publisher and I have > successfully formatted merge fields and established the data link to an > Access database. > Now comes the problem: I want to print DVD labels on a standard 2 labels per > page Avery form. I addition, I want to print each record twice per label > (rotated 180 deg). I can only set one record field area per page which I > fill with four text fields in the...

margins on an A6 document in print preview
I have created an A6 postcard which fills completely to the edges yet when I look at the print preview, it shows the four copies on the A4 page but gives an unusual white border round the page which is larger on the left and the top of the page. The orientation is landscape. I do not understand where the borders are coming from as I would like the print to go right to the edge of the paper. Thank You Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micr...

Printing only ONE PAGE of a mutltiple page email
How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an answer. Candy Candy wrote: > How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I > can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an > answer. > > Candy > Candy, I use Outlook 2002, an when I File/Print, a dialog comes up that lets me select the printer, how many copies, and which pages to print. I'd select page 1 to 1 and say OK. If I just click the print butt...

how to change numbers into words,
In excel how to change numberical data into english words, many times currency figures are required to be stated into english words as well so what is the formula for this problem, for example for US$ 5400 : $ Five thousand four hundred is the conversion into words. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mukesh Dhoot" <Mukesh Dhoot @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59710A8-2377-4CF5-98B0-229933A3DE33@microsoft.com... > In excel how to change numberical data into e...

Printing contacts in Outlook 2003
When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all the fields but with no info in the fields. Is there a way to keep that extra sheet from printing? Neil try an updated printer driver first. "Neil" <hnhanson@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ibdcd.192082$wV.88019@attbi_s54... > When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address > Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all > the fields but with no info in the fields....

printing confusion with HP 1300
I have been using MS office 2004 for some time, but recently have had trouble with printing to my HP Laserwriter 1300. When I set up a page, often it looks correct, but it prints as if the format is different then i put in, ie. it deletes part of the page, usually the top third, thinking it is legal when it is letter. I have checked everywhere i can think of, but can;t seem to set this right. any suggetstions would be helpful. mmullen ...

Backup 01-31-07
Hello, I installed MS CRM 3.0 on another machine and I imported personalizations and the data base, but I did not find these personalizations Thank you Hi ahmed, What did you do to the database? Did you restore it and install CRM against it? Are you in the same domain as before? Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 31, 9:10 am, ahmed <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, I installed MS CRM 3.0 on another machine and I imported > personalizations and the data base, but I did not find these personalizations > Thank you Hi, for the ...

Printing w/o text boxes
Is it possible to set up individual sheets to print without the text boxes included? We have instructions that we would like not to print. Select the area(s) you do want to print and then go File>Print Area>Set Print Area when you save this information will remain with the file. "GJR3599" wrote: > Is it possible to set up individual sheets to print without the text boxes > included? We have instructions that we would like not to print. Select your text boxes. If you have lots & lots of them, you can do this quickly by pressing the F5 key, clicking on the Spec...

Printing a pdf file
If I create a document at home using Publisher 2007 with a specific font style, and go to work and try to print it there when the Publisher 2007 installed at work does not have the same font I have at home, will it change my font style, and if so, can I save it as a pdf file and still be able to print it at work without having the font style changed at work. I prefer the font style I have at home, but I have to use the work printer which prints huge posters. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Glory If you (or a...

Full cell not printing
I have a cell with 1370 characters. It shows all the text in the formula bar, but when I print preview or print, only the first 1060 (I think) characters are shown. Is this a known limitation, and is there any way around it? Thanks in advance Daniel Hi Daniel, The Excel help somewhere states a maximum of 32,767 characters per cell but only 1,024 'visible'. Solution perhaps: split your story over multiple cells by using Left, Mid and Right functions. Frans "Daniel Bonallack" <DanielBonallack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3002EB3-1F91-4EA2-B...

Word as Email editor
Using Word as the editor, each time Outlook is opened, 2 other word items are opened at the same time and are unclosable. Any ideas for a solution? ...

VBA Macro: Word 2003 (FormFields)
Hi, I have a question on how to capture a hyperlink that is inserted behind a checked FormField (type Checkbox). The idea is to create some sort of index page with checkboxes, which will summarize a number of hyperlinks (which point towards several files on the company network). A button will print out all of the CHECKED checkboxes. I'm not able to achieve this. This is my code so far: Private Sub PrintButton_Click() For x = 1 To ActiveDocument.FormFields.Count If ActiveDocument.FormFields(x).Type = wdFieldFormCheckBox Then If ActiveDocume...