Pictures don't display in tables

Have been inserting jpegs into word tables for years.  Suddenly the picture
doesn't display in normal or print mode.  Instead I get an border.  If I
click inside of the border the drag handles appear but they are not active.
It's a pain I can live with as the pictures do print however, I can't size
them.  What have I messed up?
--
Joe

Hi Joe,

You might want to check if you have the option "Show picture placeholders"
enabled?

Its help text indicates "Display an empty box in place of each graphic in
the document to improve scrolling performance.

You can check for this option by doing the following (in Word 2007).

- Right click the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) and select "Customize Quick
Access Toolbar"

- Select Advanced

- Scroll down to the heading "Show document contrents"

- You'll find the "Show picture placeholders" check box there.

-=John

Formatting automatic table of contents
After I format the table of contents, if I right click on the table and select Update Field because I need to update the table, I loose all the formatting that I have done earlier. How can I make the format of the table permanent? Thanks Filippo If none of the 9 built-in TOC styles suits your requirements, edit one of them to the format you require and apply it to the TOC field. "Filippo" <Filippo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:289F728F-F435-4F4E-8456-8C381AEE4172@microsoft.com... > After I format the table of contents, if I right c...

Dialog displayed
Hi I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog is displayed? Thanks Urban Yes & No. Take a look at the OnInitDialog() message handler. OnInitDialog() gets called before the dialog is displayed. However you can post a user-defined message to yourself from the OnInitDialog() handler, and handle things that you want to do after the dialog is displayed. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler....

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top
Hello, I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by date across the top from left to right. I would love to insert a subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last three months. As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the pivot table. Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07? Thanks in advance, Dza In 2007- Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the Group g...

Suggest a solution
Hi all. I have a table named Articles that has the fields: ArticleID, ArticleName, Price and so on.... What I want to do is to make a new table that would hold some related Property records for each article. For example... Color, Weight, Length,.. This is not a problem, but what I want is to be able to change fields names for the second table (like PropertyID, PropertyName) and be able to search among those values from query. This is the most important part: ---------------------------------------------------------------- I would like to have them as a field in query from ...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Extract from a table a value by interpolating
Hi, I'm a new with fancy things in excell and would very much appreciate the help. I have a table from which I want to extract values, but I want those values to be interpolated from what is in the table. How can I do that? Thanks, Maria hi, this is how i do it. Lets say your table is at A12 to B20 make another column at column C with this equaition =(B14-B13)/(A14-A13) A B C 12 2.000 1.000 0.5 13 4.000 2.000 1.0 14 6.000 4.000 1.0 15 8.000 6.000 1.0 16 10.000 8.000 1.0 17 12.000 10.000 1.0 18 14.000 12.000 1.0 19 16.000 14.00...

Pivot table seems to round my figures up!
I have a pivot table that works very nicely except for one thing - th data has come through all rounded up e.g. in the data source sheet one column has the following figures: 0.69 0.94 1 but when I create the pivot table it shows all the data as 1 I have formatted all the source cells as number wit 2 decimals and als the numbers cells in the pivot table - now they look like 1.00 I really need to be able to show the 0.69 and 0.94 as well as the 1.00 Is this possible please? Many thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RaeHippyChick, Make sure that you are...

Alternate grey/red shading with subtitles getting shaded differently (Word table)
Dear Experts: I got a telephone list/table with the following make-up: - Each name and corresponding phone number has got its own row. - The letters A-Z also have their own rows and are formatted bold - First name, last name is entered in one table cell - Phone numbers are entered in the table cells next to the "name" cell With any number rows of the table SELECTED would like the table to acquire the following FORMATTING: Rows A, B,C to Z (formatted bold) should have a grey shaded fill (RGB value 133, 133, 133) Rows immediately following these subtitles (A-Z) should...

Pivot Table into Report
I'm trying to generate a weekly report for management that summarizes Help Desk activity. I'm using Access DB that links to a CSV, generated from the support system (SQL not accessible). My problem is getting the figures I can generate in the Pivot Table into a form I can just pull up without further editing. I've already separated out by type of request (Break/Fix and Service Request), generating separate queries. What is requested are stats for various service queues(rows), by status (columns), grouped in specific ways; some queues are not grouped, some need ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...

pictures emailing
I have MSN set up on my computer (Vaio - Windows XP) and I am using microsoft outlook for default email. I try to attach a picture to an email and instead of going "sent" from MSN file (shows on microsoft outlook) it appears in sent file under personal files and doesn't go to folks. I send everything else, word documents, etc. fine, just pictures are not going. Any help or ideas? ...

E-mail query to recipients in table
Hello, I have created a database in Access 2003 with a table of suppliers and a table containing my orders with those suppliers. Now suppose I want to send out lists with outstanding orders to those individual suppliers as a sort of reminder, only containing their "own" orders. I have written following code: --- Dim rs As Recordset Set rs = DBEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset("tblSuppliers") Do While Not rs.EOF If DCount("[SupplierID]", "qryOutstanding", "[SupplierID] = '" & rs.Fields(0) & "'") <...

how much can you shrink a big picture without loosing the picture?
What I am trying to do is create a 'deep shrink / zoom out' on a picture in PPT 2003. So, I have this very, very big picture (1 x 1 m for instance) and want to make it to shrink / zoom out. The slide / screen size is about 25 x 19 cm, so, a shrink to 25% at should be possible. Picture placed on the slide '100%' so, 1 x 1 meter and then put into slide show with emphasis 'shrink' to 25 % and than, blank appears on all sides..??..no picture is 'generated' any more? So, is it possible some how to make this 'deep shrink' animation? or, what ...

display something in ms crm 4.0 status bar
How I can display something in ms crm 4.0 status bar (there is Selected 1-50) after it Thank all. ...