pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha

I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word.

I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text

I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I
modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes.

How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what?

In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way
you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP