page shifted left, no left blue margin, no default on top

Hi,  i am new to word 2003  I have somehow changed my blank page from default
to normal and now the entire page has shifted left and the left blue margin
bar is gone completely. I have tried holdin the control key down when I open
the program but nothing changes.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Erich D." <Erich D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  i am new to word 2003  I have somehow changed my blank page from
> default
> to normal and now the entire page has shifted left and the left blue
> margin
> bar is gone completely. I have tried holdin the control key down when I
> open
> the program but nothing changes.

0
Suzanne

How do you print 2-page per month calendar in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to print a pocket calendar in a 2-page per month format, so that the end result looks like a monthly appointment calendar. With using a Design Gallery calendar as a starting point, I cannot figure out how to split the table, even if I ungroup it from the text box that contains the name of the month. I haven't been able to locate a template from Microsoft that I can use. I would appreciate ideas on how to "make it happen." Thanks for your help! What size? Create a new publication using a calendar template, select the yearly option, ungroup, copy each month ...

printing group header on each page
Hi, I have a report that is grouped and prints the group header on the first page of each group. There are multiple pages for each group. How can I get the group header to print on each page? Thanks, Steve Thanks, works like a charm. "Duane Hookom" wrote: > Set the Group Header's Repeat Section property to Yes. > > -- > Duane Hookom > Microsoft Access MVP > > > "Steve" wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have a report that is grouped and prints the group header on the first > > page of each group. There are multiple...

Avoiding Final page break
Can anyone please help? I have a report which has a group header and footer. I have the property for the group footer (which contains no objects) "Force new page" set to "Before Section". It however prints a final page (it is blank except for the page footer), which is what I want to avoid. Any ideas on how to avoid this? John B John Baker wrote: >Can anyone please help? > >I have a report which has a group header and footer. >I have the property for the group footer (which contains no objects) "Force >new page" set to "Before Secti...

Space Before a Paragraph at the Start of a page
Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before a paragraph at the top of a page? I would like a heading to have space above to separate it from the text. However, this space is unnecessary when the heading occurs at the start of a page and looks funny not starting at the top of the page. On Nov 28, 1:34=A0am, "faceman28...@yahoo.com" <faceman28...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before > a paragraph at the top of a page? > > I would like a heading to have space above to separ...

Importing pages
If I have a one-page Publisher document, and I want to incorporate it into a second multi-page document, is there a way to just insert the one-page document, all intact, into the second document? Thanks TVZ Have you tried copy/paste? Insert a page in your primary document, copy/paste from the one page document. If you are using 2007 Ed Bennett has developed a tool. PubCat v1.0.0.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <tomvanzoeren@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

how do i remove the dead space around the pages edge? #2
long story short, im making a book out of my grandmother's old stories, but i can't get publisher to get rid of all that dead space around the edge of the page, now i know my printer can print right up to the page edge, because ive done it before with other programs, but i need to know how to set publisher so it stops cutting off the pictures and text. can anyone help me? Select extra paper sizes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051236671033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Lone Sai...

Missing Font "Blue Ridge Light SF" on Pub 2003
I received a free trial disk of Pub 2003 with a new printer. Using that disk. I began a newsletter using one of the included fonts listed above. I've since purchased the application (on a different new disk), but from another, less expensive source. My new, registered, version of Pub '03 does not include this true type font, which of course, quickly became a favorite. Any suggestions for locating this nice TT font? Did you try Google? That's not a font that Microsoft has ever offered with any application or operating system. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~...

Top margin shifts when viewed in print preview
This happened in Pub 97. Just installed Pub 2003, same thing. An 8.5 x 11 landscape page with margin guides all set at .2 inches (for Minolta 3300), also vertical and horizontal ruler guides and grid guides set at 2 columns and rows spaced at .4 inches. The same graphic is in each quadrant filling the bordered area. (Four postcards with an even border when the page is cut into quarters). Looks great until I view the print preview or print it, then it views and prints with a top margin of 6mm or about .25 inch. I don't think it's my printer properties, as I have printed it ...

Repeat Rows at Top Problem
I developed an application for Excel that uses "Rows to repeat at top" (for the header in a table) in the event the report being printed has multiple pages. It has worked fine. However, a user recently reported she has a report with just one page and is getting the header (the "row to repeat at top") printed over the footer on page one. Any ideas why? Is there something in an Excel setting that must be changed? TIA Jim Kobzeff Their program might be resetting the "page margins" (her default page margins might be .75 Inches while yours are set at .5 inche...

documents in transaction inquiry should default to date
When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to "by Document Date." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Print 16 entries per page with sub totals & totals
I have a list of say 100 entries that contain the following: Account# Name Amount I need to be able to print a subset of those entries with 16 entries per page with a sub-total on each page and a grand total at the end. Using autofilters I can select the subset of the data I want to print. Since the entries can change I'd rather not have to manually set up new fields to use the sub- total function since it would be prone to user errors whenever the information changes. I've currently got the data segregated on multiple worksheets with manual page breaks and manual su...

Excel: Automatically Saving as Web Page
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway. I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished. Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html doc...

Wrong Default for 'Number of Copies' to print
Help! Every time I open Excel 2000, the printer defaults to 3 copies. There's nothing in the printer driver that allows me to change the number of copies, and in any case, Excel is the one making the 3 copies (the printing dialog runs through 3 times). If I remember to change it back to 1 copy, it works fine. Anyone have a place for me to fix this? Richard Try selecting (from the Start menu) Start, Settings, Printers, right-click the printer in question, select Properties, and check the settings in there. Any settings set here serve as "default" settings whenever you se...

Word 2007
Hi everyone: I know my way around Word pretty well, but I am REALLY stuck on this one .. UGH .. lol I have a document, where I have "Chapter - Heading 1" set for each of the main headers so that these not only show in the Table of Contents, but also so that the page numbers have the chapter number included. (e.g., Chapter 1 - page 1-1) Problem is .... the chapter numbering, does not go sequentially with what I am trying to do .. (e.g., I must skip numbers here and there) 25 26 27 28 30 35 etc. I have figured out that by having the "Style" app...

ctrl + shift & enter
What does ctrl + shift & enter do? Without it this formula would not work for me =INDEX(A1:C1,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("probe",A1:C1)),0)) With it it worked. Could someone explain Please refrain from multiposting, see answer to your previous post -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5099A9AC-AAFA-4159-A1C9-43B74D561006@microsoft.com... > What does ctrl + shift & enter do? Without it this formula would not work for me =INDEX(A1...

this web site throwing blank pages
anyone else noting that this web site is throwing alot of unreachable web pages suddenly? Right now all my received email notifications of a reply ...the link on that email does not work to the reply.... Also alot of times during the sign-in it goes to nowhere.... -- NTC Yes, the sign-in always breaks/fails half way in and you need to reload to complete the process if using the Web interface. -- Daniel Pineault "NetworkTrade" wrote: > anyone else noting that this web site is throwing alot of unreachable web > pages suddenly? > > Right now all my receive...

Add a field to my Publisher Master Page so page titles show up?
I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles > automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? This is, unfortunately, not possible in Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Default GAL not visible #2
Hi Guys, Just copied my original post to a newer date as I think it mak have got "lost by the wayside"!. Could someone give me the last bit of info I require? Thanks guys. Please see copied text below: Thanks Bharat, I tried that out and all seems fine except I cant find the object in ADSIedit to see the DN for the Default GAL. I can see Exchange system Objects and other OUs etc. I can'nt seem to find an object that sugests it is the default GAL. I can see an item called default in exchange system objects, but the DSACLS shows that there ar no deny permissions set (ex...

fax cover page wtih other fields from MS CRM 3.0 SBE
Can I include other fields in the cover page. Now you can use sender name Can I also use other fileds from the person table? MARC ...

Plot a scatter chart with categories on the left.
I want to turn a scatter chart on its head. having the categories listed on the left and values at the bottom. How can I do this? Hi, Here are a couple of explanations, Stephen Bullen's FunChrt2 example. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FunChrt2.zip and Jon Peltier has an explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html Cheers Andy HAF32 wrote: > I want to turn a scatter chart on its head. having the categories listed on > the left and values at the bottom. > > How can I do this? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.an...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages?
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Dont' know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks It would be better to scan your documents, save to a folder and then insert them into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jll" <Jll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8958527F-8384-4E77-BD5E-F864D97807DF@microsoft.com... > When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining > Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 a...

how do you repeat the first column (field) on a multi-page report
In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first column of information like you can do in Excel by simply choosing column to repeat???? If I understand you correctly there isn't a clear method. You can copy the leftmost controls and paste them just to the right of the vertical page break. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JJ" wrote: > In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first column of information > like you can do in Excel by simply choosing column to repeat???? JJ wrote: >In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first co...

home as the default address
is there away to make the HOME address the default address when entering a contact? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/homedefault.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sky" <skymiles62@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:O8ibHnq7EHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is there away to make the HOME address the default address when entering a > contact? > ...

Align Page Header Text to Bottom
Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap but I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the top. Arne, Usually... it's best to respond to previously posted questions... before starting a new one. On 2/14/2010 you posted the question "DLookup Different Values" Please see my response to that post, and let us know if that helped or not. Regarding this post, could you try to show a sample of what you're trying to do? ...