Override document (view) settings on incoming email attachments?

Using 2003 in a mixed 2003/2007 environment. I'm also using Word as my
default Outlook email editor, in case that matters.

I work with different people who all have individual preferences for how to
work in their documents. When I get documents (by email), and open them,
sometimes they open in side-by-side (2 page) view, sometimes the document
will open without the drawing toolbar or other toolbars, etc. Is there a
reliable way to make sure that my set toolbars will always open with all
documents and that the document view will always be my preferred view (print
layout, vs edit or normal or whatever), even when opening attachments from
Outlook (regardless of whether I already have an instance of Word open)?

Thank you,
Keith

The view is saved with the document. To force a certain view for all
documents that you open in Word, you will have to use auto macros in
normal.dot (normal.dotm for Word 2007). Graham Mayor provides some examples
in the article at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ker_01" <ker01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using 2003 in a mixed 2003/2007 environment. I'm also using Word as my
> default Outlook email editor, in case that matters.
>
> I work with different people who all have individual preferences for how
> work in their documents. When I get documents (by email), and open them,
> sometimes they open in side-by-side (2 page) view, sometimes the document
> will open without the drawing toolbar or other toolbars, etc. Is there a
> reliable way to make sure that my set toolbars will always open with all
> documents and that the document view will always be my preferred view
> (print
> layout, vs edit or normal or whatever), even when opening attachments from
> Outlook (regardless of whether I already have an instance of Word open)?
>
> Thank you,
> Keith

0
Stefan
12/11/2009 6:53:47 PM
Tools | Options | General: Clear the check box for "Allow opening in Reading
Layout view."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"ker_01" <ker01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using 2003 in a mixed 2003/2007 environment. I'm also using Word as my
> default Outlook email editor, in case that matters.
>
> I work with different people who all have individual preferences for how
> work in their documents. When I get documents (by email), and open them,
> sometimes they open in side-by-side (2 page) view, sometimes the document
> will open without the drawing toolbar or other toolbars, etc. Is there a
> reliable way to make sure that my set toolbars will always open with all
> documents and that the document view will always be my preferred view
> (print
> layout, vs edit or normal or whatever), even when opening attachments from
> Outlook (regardless of whether I already have an instance of Word open)?
>
> Thank you,
> Keith

0
Suzanne

Can't Select Addresses for "Send Email Statements" Function
When I try to select an email address from my Outlook address book on the "send email statements" area on the customer maintenance options window, the email does not display. I get the dialog box to select the email from my address book, but after clicking ok, the address does not display in the appropriate field (I've tried TO:, CC:, and BCC:). I'm using Windows 7 pro 64 bit and Outlook 2007. Any ideas? More info on this. Other users who are running Windows XP and Outlook 2003 can select entries from their address book and have them show up in the appropr...

Copy Excel email addresses to GroupWise
I have an Excel worksheet that has a column that contains email addresses. I would like to copy some of the email addresses into GroupWise. When I select certain email addresses and copy and paste them into GroupWise. For some reason I get the email addresses in between the emails that I have selected. Examples: sbradfor@salliemae.com bbarrett@salliemae.com sblackbu@salliemae.com dwalker@salliemae.com mbrown@salliemae.com If I selected sbradfor@salliemae.com, sblackbu@salliemae.com, and mbrown@salliemae.com and pasted into GroupWise, I would receive all of the addressesin the TO: f...

Exchange E-mail Redirect ... Without Attachments
For about a dozen Exchange users who want to receive copies of their e-mails on Pocket PC smartphones, I am trying to find a way to re-direct e-mail to another e-mail address... These users are engineers and they may receive 20 MB (or larger) AutoCAD files attached to an e-mail! So, in order to reduce air-time costs, prior to re-directing the e-mails, we want to strip off attachments that may have been sent by the original sender as they can handle those when they are back in the office. Is there some way to do this in Exchange Server? If not, are there any external utilities that c...

can a program send email on users behalf with out getting the nag boxes?
I am trying to allow a program to send an e-mail through outlook 2003 on my behalf without getting the nag boxes. We have a customized program that sends out emails for us but since we moved to outlook this nag box pops up for each one. We have to sit there for hours clicking yes to each one and allowing access for 10 min maximum. I have installed the outlook security features administrative package on my machine and followed the read me to configure it to allow this but have not been successful. This is what I have tried: 1. The admpack.exe installed easily then I installed a...

Incoming emails being cut off.
Both Outlook and Outlook Express are cutting off my incoming emails.. At about the 4th or 5th line of the body, the message just stops as if it is only letting a certain amount of characters be displayed. I tried disabiling antivirus and this did not help.. I am running XP SP2. Any help would be appreaciated! Check with your ISP. Sometimes they truncate messages that are too long. >-----Original Message----- >Both Outlook and Outlook Express are cutting off my >incoming emails.. At about the 4th or 5th line of the >body, the message just stops as if it is only letting a ...

associated view columns limited to one entity
CRM4 has a great feature where you can add columns from related entities to a view. Not sure why the associated view was left behind (it is still limited to fields only from the entity the view is for), but it is a disappointment that it does not have this as it is one of the most widely used views. Not sure if there is a significant techincal challange behind this limitation, hopefully this can be addressed in one of the patches or with a workaround. If someone is aware of a way to get to this view configuration it would be much appreciated to hear about it. Thanks, Sergei -------...

Outlook unable to save print settings
I have a Outlook user that, when she chooses to print via File, print I get the following message; Unable to save the print settings. Make sure that c:\winnt\microsoft\outlook\outlprnt exists and can be written to". It she clicks on the print icon within outlook it prints fine. I have verified the file and user rights. Any ideas are welcome! ...

document title will not update
My question is in regard to the title of the document in the title bar. Normally, the current file name is found in the title bar; however, in the database I am using, the title bar shows the name of the document from the original version. I saved this database with a different filename (to reflect current year). So, the "Match Program 2005-2006" in the title should actually be "2007-2008". I have updated the title of the document in the document properties. The filename reflects the current year, but 2005-2006 is still showing in the title bar area. Any sugg...

attachment issues
The last couple of times I have received workbooks in emails as attachments they have been coming to me as (Type:unspecified type(application/octet-stream -- Encoding:base 64 ).I'm using Netscape Communicater 4.9 as a browser and for email. In order to open them I have to go thru a series of steps that are a bit annoying. I'm trying to tell the sender (who is about 6000 miles away) to send them to me as Excel files but I'm not able to explain myself properly. The sender insists they are being sent as Excel files. What is the sender doing incorrectly when sending these att...

Calendar view problem
The calendar view seems corrupt for one of my outlook 2000 users. When I try to resolve the issue by right clicking on the calendar: under general \ when posting to this folder it should be appointment but it says post ,and it will not let me change it to appointment. Any ideas What version of Outlook and is this with an Exchange server? What version for Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sear...

Publisher 2003: How Do I "Flow" (rework) a CURRENT [saved] document?
Page Setup/Layout/Booklet/Landscape/Print two pages per sheet. With both Automatic and Manual "Two Sided Printing" the center page (both sides) is--- blank. At the bottom right, of each page in the document, is a "Text in Overflow" Icon. Right click does not present an option to--- flow, condense or correct. Thanks Johann Since you know the terminology, I'm a bit curious why you didn't look up "overflow" in the Help file. The very first link will tell you how to deal with this. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Johann B�cker&qu...

Search for keywords in attachments in Notes Tab
Hello, Our users from our HR deparment attach alot of word documents in the notes. Is it possible in a way to index this? so that you can search after keywords in the word/pdf documents that are attached? (like the crawling in MOSS 2007) Or is this a new cool release in CRM 4? Thank you in advance Due to the method the CRM uses when storing attachments, you can't search teh content (and no, this isn't changing in 4.0). If you need this type of attachement capability, you might consider leveraging MOSS for the attachments instead of CRM's capability. It's not that diff...

two sets of parameters..one query...but how?
I have a query to track when I must renew State Police Clearances AND Child Abuse Clearances. I want to use the "Between [date] and [date]" function on BOTH of the fields in order to bring up BOTH sets of dates for BOTH clearances.The problem I am running into is that when the query results come up, if one date doesn't meet the criteria NONE of the information comes up (even if the other date DOES).Any suggestions!??!?! Thanks in Advance....

Comparing two email lists
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two lists of email addresses and see the difference between the two. I have an email distribution list from a long time ago and one from recent and need to know which names have been added and which names were dropped. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at crellwanger@aol.com Thanks so much for your help. I have been struggling with this same type of scenario on and off for a few months. I finally have the ultimate solution for dealing with two lists that have matches and also potentially many difference...

Can't Email to Moved Domain
We had a sister company operating within our WAN. We hosted their mail on our single Exch 2003 server. This company was sold and moved off of our servers. We removed all of their information from our Exchange server. I have deleted all of their mailboxes, AD user accounts, any reference to their domain in the recipient policies, and any entries in our dns system for their domain name. Still, when we try to send messages to these people at their new location we get an NDR that says "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail addr...

How do I publish incoming FAXES to a public Folder?
Hi, I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service to publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. TIA Ferdinand http://www.aloaha.com/portal/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1 89#189 "Ferdinand Engelhardt" <fengelh@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eorN6#7EFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service > to > publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. > > TIA > Ferdinand > > http://tinyurl.com/6cdjb...

Cannot view images in Outlook
Hi folks, I am facing a problem relating to attachment. In my company We are using Microsoft Exchange 2000 as a mail server. Up to Yesterday everything was working fine. But Today early morning the server is hanging. I reboot it and after that, it is working. But in mail attachments users cannot view the image files(jpeg,all image formats) in microsoft outlook.(In all versions) But all other attachments except images(for example word) users can open. We are using Symantec Mail security for Exchange 5. I had stopped the services. Even after i was getting the same problem. When I tried to open...

Header missing when printing email.
Lately, when I print an email I sent by replying to someone, the To, From, Date, Subject and other lines above the message do not print? Basharat. This is a known issue when printing HTML formatted messages after IE7 has been installed. You can work around it on an individual message by selecting scale to fit, or fiddling with margins, but I don't know of an overall fix except (I assume) upgrading to Outlook 2007. -Peter "Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OgO7yA$QHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Lately, when I print an email ...

Outlook Express Jpeg Attachment Viewing
I have a brand new PC with XP and Outlook express. For the first two days, any jpegs that were received as attachments to an email were viewable with the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" - ie scaled, etc ALl the sudden, they are now shown as pure jpegs - meaning that 3MP pictures now are not viewable on the screen. The only change I made was to install Photoshop. I changed the preferred viewer for JPEGS and GIFS back to the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" in the My Pictures folder, but that does not seem to have impacted how jpegs are viewed in Outlook Express. Is the...

How do I get sharp typeface when I email Publisher newsletter?
When I use Email preview or send Publisher newsletter by email, the type on the screen looks as if it's out of ink or it's been printed on a dot matrix. I'm using TT fonts, as suggested. What else can I do to get a clean looking emailed Newsletter? Convert it to a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. As Matt Beals would say, Friends don't send friends HTML email. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Coral Ann" <Coral Ann@discussions.microsoft.co...

override locale computer settings
I appreciate any help. This is a problem I posted yesterday probably without being very clear. How can I override the Windows Regional settings so that my Excel File looks the same in a computer in Italy and in the Netherlands without forcing the user to change the Locale Regional settings? This affects the Date and the Time format, specially within formulas. Also it seems that the locale setting on Cell Format only works if the locale is NOT the default. i.e. A file with the default in UK Eng. and a cell date in Italian and another in UK Eng, will have the cell in Italian on a Dutch c...

How can I set margins for headers on charts. The margin option ap.
I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart itself. I can not find any control in Excel or printer softeare that will indent a left-justified header. As you noted, there is no built-in chart option to indent a left justified header. I would suggest replacing the header with a text box. You can then use character spacing within the text box to create the look of an indented header. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "sayles1986" wrote: > I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart >...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...