opening new pages no minimize button

When I try to open a new page in MS Word an entire new page with title bar
comes up. This is not a seperate page opening within Word but a new Word open
.. Verses Excel when you open aa new page, it comes up within the program.
I noticed when the new page is up-there is not a miminze button on that page.

Are you using Word 2007? If so, click the Office button, and then click Word
Options. In the Advanced category, clear the "Show all windows in the
Taskbar" option (found under "Display").

If you are using Word 2003, the corresponding option ("Windows in Taskbar")
is located on the View tab of Tools | Options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LC" <LC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to open a new page in MS Word an entire new page with title bar
> comes up. This is not a seperate page opening within Word but a new Word
> open
> . Verses Excel when you open aa new page, it comes up within the program.
> I noticed when the new page is up-there is not a miminze button on that
> page.

0
Stefan

Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.
While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a shared network drive, nothing happens. Access doesn't start (either with access 2000 or access 2007). However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both machines. In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access. Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here. Is there any way to set the regist...

can i carryover data automatically from page to page and how?
I am trying to set up a month-to-month data sheet. Can I set it up so that the accumulated total from one month carries over to the next? -- JimVT "JimVT" <JimVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA742954-561A-4714-AE23-DA5DD031656B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a month-to-month data sheet. Can I set it up so that > the accumulated total from one month carries over to the next? > -- > JimVT Of course - at the top of sheet 2 in the required column type in =Sheet1!(Cell the total is in on sheet 1). if you are uncertain as to how to ...

MFC to open IE
Hello, What is the best programmatic way to open a URL explicitly using IE (assuming IE is installed on a machine, but not assuming as a default browser)? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. It would appear that the easiest way to do it is to just run (via ShellExecute, CreateProcess or whatever function you choose) the following commandline: iexplore http://www.abc.com/def/ Internet Explorer (at least as it is installed in my windows XP SP2 machine) will take a URL as a parameter and when passed a URL with no other parameters, it opens that URL in a window (in my case, a new IE window will be...

modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button
Hello to all! I hope can help me. By technical questions that would be to me very long to explain, the following necessity arises to me: I need To modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button. The field at issue would happen to be "Number" to "TEXT". Is this possible one? I wait for alternatives. Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english. Dreamer. - Hi Is it not possible to open the other database and simply open the table in design view and then change the field. It seems very complex to do the codeing what will most pro...

reverse page numbers
I am trying to lay out a booklet in English and Hebrew, and would like it to open and read from right to left. Is there an easy way to number the pages in the opposite way a regular booklet in English would be? ...

Using a Button to increment numbers in a database among other things.
I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a download link to the database I am working on. http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a ...

Reverse Page Numbering
Hi, I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway. XP Pro SP3 and Office 2002. Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document? Last page becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on. Instead of 1, 2, 3, .... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41, 40 ... 3, 2, 1. I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down': In other words, the LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on down to the first page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the file; last page shown. This is meant to be an onscreen refere...

Making cards --2 to a 8 1/2 x 11 page
I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc. I want 2 cards to a page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. What happened to the old Picture It! Publisher 2001? Do you want to make these cards in Publisher? If you do, look at page setup, folded card, tent card, width 4.25, height 5.5. Publisher will say it will print two pages per sheet -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "A Holt" <A Holt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F75EEF-B186-4960-9AEB-AF1C678492B7@microsoft.com... >I want t...

Automatic opening
Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a moment,before I delete. This seems to imply especialy on spam that I have read the message. Thanks The fact that Outlook shows the msg as being read has no connection with the sender, unless you send a read receipt "DEACON SCREWS" <rldeacon@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:rr6dnWdqmrKtvu3XnZ2dnUVZ8gmdnZ2d@bt.com... > Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a > moment,before I delete. > This seems to imply especialy on spam that ...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Voting Buttons -- Missing drop-down box in Tracking tab
I have a user on Office 2003 who uses voting buttons in Outlook. She claims that on the Tracking tab of her sent message, a drop-down box should appear at the right side of each user's "response" column showing the voting options -- for her to manually populate if the respondent verbally replies to her. Our outlook 2003 does not have this. I can find nothing on it. What is she talking about, and how can I set up this feature for her? -- Lisa M I think she's wrong. That function exists in a Meeting's Tracking table, not a vote related tracking table from an em...

Adding a new Entity in MSCRM
Hello How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM. Any help is appreciated Thanks In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be able to "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61839A6-57CA-474D-9D3D-BFB6F8C1543E@microsoft.com... > Hello > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in > MSCRM. > Any help is appreciated &g...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

Permanently open Group Schedule
Is there any way I can configure things such that a Group Schedule is permanently open, i.e. when I exit and restart Outlook? Not that I know of in any version of Outlook that supports group = schedules. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Chris Mitchell asked: | Is there any way I can configure things such that a Group Schedule is | permanently open, i.e. when I exit and restart Outlook? ...

Hide toolbars when file opens
Hi all, I have created a file for people to use to get quotes. When the file opens, I do not want them to have access to any toolbars. How can I hide these when the file is opened, but only for this file - not any others that the user may subsequently open. All that they may need to do, is print the page out after getting a quote. Many thanks. Rob You can use this in the Thisworkbook module Rob Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim bar As CommandBar For Each bar In Application.CommandBars bar.Enabled = False Next End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Dim bar As C...

Substitute button is greyed out on line item in assembly transacti
I know how this is supposed to work and have used it before however when I am on a line item even though on the inventory card shows this item has two substitute, the substitute button is greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks Leslie forgot to put the notify on "LASM" wrote: > I know how this is supposed to work and have used it before however when I am > on a line item even though on the inventory card shows this item has two > substitute, the substitute button is greyed out. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > Leslie You are correct in that there must be at leas...

excel opens up looking like it is in ms dos
how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down. Hi what exact error message do you get and does this happen all the time for all files? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany osborne4 wrote: > how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in > MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to > microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down. Sounds like you...

how can i make my page look like a page from a yearbook?
I have multiple photos that I need to get onto one page, all the same size and can't find a template for it! What version Publisher? If you are using 2003 or 07 the catalog merge maybe what you are needing. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx If it is simply a one page, create a table, with your cursor in a cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brit" <Brit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D9C84F-F82E-474A-A18F-67A3B...

Saving as web page for workbook with frozen panes
I have tested saving workbook with frozen panes as a web page but can't get it to save all tabs while freezing the upper pane. When I choose file, save as, Web, Save, it will save the entire workbook with all of the tabs, but WILL NOT freeze the top pane. When I choose file, save as, Web, Publish, it will save only one tab, and but WILL freeze the top pane. All suggestions welcome! ...

How can I make a calendar containing only six months per page?
I want to print a calendar with exactly 6 months per page. All of the template choices seem to be either 1 or 12. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Divide your page with grid guides. In 2007-- Insert, Design Gallery Object. Calendar, Select the date range. Adjust to fit the space. You will have to do this six times. If you have earlier versions there were wizards... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David M" <David M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8F66BD-4ED4-4439-8E9E-4A1E1833AC1A@microsoft.com... >I want to print a cale...

Button to update a field
Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial to do the following I have a continuous form that allows me to choose the supplier for a product product name | supplier 1 | supplier 2 | supplier 3 | supplier 4 | supplier 5 | text box button button button button button There can only be one supplier, all updates will be done to the item information table. Currently I can do this with a combo box, but would prefer to do with with a buttons. Thanks The standard way to select one item among many is a combo box not buttons...

Outlook 2003 attachement not opened
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2003 and I have this problem: a friend sent = me an e-mail containing an attached e-mail message (signed, if it = matters), and Outlook wouldn't open it saying "An error occured in the = underlying security system". How can I open that file? Note that that file has a ZIP file attached, = so this could be the problem. Thanks in advance, Radu ...

Animated buttons
Is there a way to make a nimated button on excel activate a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

Creating a header in word after the second page.
Hi, I am making a word document with a header but i only need the header to appear after the 2nd page. i can make it appear only after the first. any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You could use a field construction { IF { PAGE } > 2 "Your header text" } You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to toggle off their display. Alternatively, you will need to insert a Section Break between the second and third pages and put the information in the Header of the second section of the document after unlinking the header in that ...