opening earlier versions in 2007

I can not open earlier versions of word in 2007. any help??

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:35:01 -0800, gatechnm
<gatechnm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can not open earlier versions of word in 2007. any help??

What happens when you try?

If you get a message like "This file type is blocked from opening in
this version by your registry policy setting" then see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849.

If it's something else, please explain.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Project server 2007 Timesheet creation
Hi, We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are facing the following issues. 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the planned hours against the standard row. 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will be added without project name and tasks. Please help me to resolve the issues. Thanks, arun Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps "Arun" wrote: > Hi, ...

Rounded Corners in Excel 2007 Not Working?!?!
Hi, I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007: I make a chart I right click on Char Area I Select Format Chart Area A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections: - Fill - Border Color - Border Styles - Shadow - 3-D Format I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles and the following options are available: - Width - Compound Type - Cap Type (drop down menu) - Join Type (drop down menu) - Arrow Settings I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following options: - Squa...

Outlook 2007 "profile"
Frustrating. When I open Outlook 2007, the program displays a "Choose Profile" screen (with only one option, called Outlook). This is rather new, and I don't know what I did to cause this. I simply want Outlook to open normally without this Profile screen. Any thoughts or comments? By the way, I did check the block that says to make this profile the default -- that didn't help. Thanks. EW Open the mail applet in the control panel. Select show profiles button. Your after the settings at the bottom of the dialog. "Lone Star" <ewyatt_del_me-@excit...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

Excel Version
Is there any way to find out what version of Excel a spreadsheet was originally created with? see if this helps. Otherwise, probably not. Sub whatversion() msgbox ActiveWorkbook.FileFormat End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "1 of 1" <the.cube@deep.space.inv> wrote in message news:O9dnkCNUGHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to find out what version of Excel a spreadsheet was > originally created with? > It corresponds to the xl constant: xlWorkbookNormal So it doesn't help too much. 1 of 1 wrote: > ...

My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007
Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off. Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty?? Is the correct language applied to text? See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EE38C-F6EB-44F5-A875-C55709A58B67@microsoft.com... > Every time i try an...

Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 wierdness
I created a new mail store on the same server to try and mitigate the increasing size of my current mail store. After doing so, I moved several mailboxes from the old to the new. A few of the mailboxes I moved, including my own, are using Outlook 2007. The mailboxes using Outlook 2007 are still showing a mailbox in the old store with zero items and varying sizes (none over a MB). None of the mailboxes with users using Outlook 2003 exhibit this behavior. Any clues? ...

Outlook 2007 Desktop Icon
How can I create a desktop icon for Outlook 2007? I do not want a shortcut for it, I know how to do that. I want an icon where I can right click on it, click properties and have the mail setup menu come up. I know this can be done with Office 2003, Any help would be apprecitaed! Jeff <jeff.waterhouse@avnet.com> wrote: > How can I create a desktop icon for Outlook 2007? I do not want a > shortcut for it, I know how to do that. I want an icon where I can > right click on it, click properties and have the mail setup menu come > up. I know this can be done with Office 2003, An...