Office 2007 Form...

I created a Form in Word 2007 but other employees who do not have Office 2007
can't use it. It doesn't allow them to type in it at all. Any ideas?

What type of form?

Have you saved the document in Word 97-2003 format before giving it to the
other employees?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a Form in Word 2007 but other employees who do not have Office
> 2007
> can't use it. It doesn't allow them to type in it at all. Any ideas?

0
Doug
6/4/2010 12:34:58 AM
I guess you have used Word 2007 content controls? These were introduced with
Word 2007 and Word 2003 has no way of handling them. To create a form that
is compatible with all versions you need to use the legacy form fields - see
For  help on creating protected forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm

In order to use form fields in Word 2007, you will need to display the
Developer tab (Office Button > Word Options > Popular > Show the Developer
tab in the Ribbon) and then use the  Legacy Forms controls from the Legacy
Tools palette in the Controls group on that tab. You will find those
controls more accessible if you install the add-in from
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a Form in Word 2007 but other employees who do not have Office
>2007
> can't use it. It doesn't allow them to type in it at all. Any ideas?

0
Graham
6/4/2010 4:45:49 AM
Thanks to both of you. It actually WAS that I was trying to use the other
controls instead of the Legacy. The Legacy controls worked just fine. Thanks
again!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> I guess you have used Word 2007 content controls? These were introduced with
> Word 2007 and Word 2003 has no way of handling them. To create a form that
> is compatible with all versions you need to use the legacy form fields - see
> For  help on creating protected forms, see
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm
>
> In order to use form fields in Word 2007, you will need to display the
> Developer tab (Office Button > Word Options > Popular > Show the Developer
> tab in the Ribbon) and then use the  Legacy Forms controls from the Legacy
> Tools palette in the Controls group on that tab. You will find those
> controls more accessible if you install the add-in from
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> "Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a Form in Word 2007 but other employees who do not have Office
> >2007
> > can't use it. It doesn't allow them to type in it at all. Any ideas?
>

> .

Permission in Exchange 2007
Hi, How do we give permission to an exchange 2007 server to an account from a different forest with trust between them. I have 2 forests with Exchange 2003 and 2007 serves in them. I want to give permission to the 2003 account to the 2k7 server In 2003 server we see the properties on the Server node and from the security tab we can select the users from the trusted domain. But when I try to open the delegate wizard from the 2k7 server it does not show the users from the trusted domain Thansk Ravi ...

Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) fails with 2010
I am running Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 on my laptop. For some reason my machine keeps trying and failing to install Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158). The failure code reads: "WindowsUpdate_80070643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Due to this problem, my work security policy will force me off the network while working remotely. How can I fix this problem? Especially since I am running 2010 and not 2007, which is what the KB was written for. See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g., http://support.microsoft.c...

Returning to Office XP Pro
I downloaded the trial for Office 2007. Since we transfer files back and forth to other offices who do not have it, it was more of a pain than an improvement. I removed Office 2007 using add/remove programs, but now my XP Pro is gone. How can I get it back when the installation disk is in an office 4 hrs away? I need my files TODAY!!! HELP! "Krystina" <Krystina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF84868E-65BB-448B-9527-BE6C191C4923@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the trial for Office 2007. Since we transfer files back and > forth to other offi...

How to save a form as a template
I'm using Access 2003. I have a form I'm using for one case that I would like to use as a template for other cases. How do I do that? Need baby steps, please! degas1900, 1. You can just save it frmMyFormTemplate, and use it as the starting point for any new form. Or 2. In the Tools Options Forms/Reports tab, indicate the form name that you want to use as a template. Creating a new form, while frmMyFormTemplate is named as the template, will only establish the default "styles and setups" for your new form's controls, as they are added in....

Using a form instead of a parameter query.
We are using Access 2007. There are several parameters that my db users have to input to "filter" the data that will complete reports for the agency. I have no trouble using date fields on a form that allows the user to define the date range. However, the users need to specify foreign key fields (long int.) and I wish them to enter more than one value in the field at one time. Using the In () operator works fine on the query itself, but how can I have the users type several integers in a text box on a form that will form the parameter for the query? Any ideas? And than...

Code to display random records in form
I have a database and these are my tables. tblReference ReferenceID Question tblAnswer AnswerID ReferenceID Question GivenAnswer On my form I have a start button, which I’d like to add a code to, so when the user clicks it a random record from the Question field of tblReference will be displayed in the first field of the form; Below that field will be an empty field to give an answer. Next to the start button I have a continue button. I’d like to add code to this button, so when it’s pressed a new record will get created in tblAnswer that contains the question ...

filling a form in webpage
in a webpage http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/returnrate/returnrate.jsp four boxes are to be filled from "source" it looks that this is a table and not a form my data is in excel sheet. Instead of copy - paste each cell from excel sheet to the boxes in the webpage table one by one is there any easier way for creating a form/table in the excel sheet and just transferring the data to the form/tbale in the webpage. perhaps this is not possible without knowledge of javazript or asp files. ]I am fairly confortable with excel and vba mine excel 2000/windows 98SE : ...

Business Unit Form Customizations
Does anyone know any way to modify the BU form and add custom fields to it? I know the SDK says it is not possible. Seems weird that that form you could not add some customization. Any reason why not. There are some entities that they chose to flag as "System" entities. These can't be modified in a supported manner. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "JP123" <JP123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D7D93FF-447A-4696-B1EA-E5A1A43F34D2@microsoft.com... Does anyone know any way to modify the BU form and add custom fields to it? I know the S...

Outlook (2007) Auto Correct Subject Line?
Hi, AutoCorrect does a great job on the Message Body cleaning dyslexia and fumbling perfectly only to embarrass one by having a typo in the subject line..... Any solution?? -- erichv http://forums.slipstick.com While in the subject line, press F7 erichv wrote: > Hi, AutoCorrect does a great job on the Message Body cleaning dyslexia > and fumbling perfectly only to embarrass one by having a typo in the > subject line..... > > Any solution?? > > Autocorrect isn't supported in the subject, but check spelling will check the subject fir...

SQL Question and Form Field Displays
Can some one please give me a bit of advice on how to accomplish the following: I have two tables (called Questions and Answers). The Questions table has five records, each with a unique question_Number field (from 1 - 5). I have created a query that pulls in all five Question records based on their primary key field and I am able to sequentially display all five records in my form. The Answers table has a single record that is associated with the records on the Question table by referencing the primary key field. The Problem: 1. I want the single Answer record to appear with each indivi...

Out of Office- not working externally
Hi, OoO suddendly stopped working to emails sent from external domains (ie OoO is only working within our own exchange domain). I then done the following: Using the Exchange System Manager, open Global Settings > Internet Message Formats, right click "default" (on the right hand panel). Select Properties > Advanced. Tick the "allow out of office responses" box. Click apply/ok. This box wasn't checked, but since I have checked it the problem still occurs. Does it take a while for it to be come effective? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Hi, This should wor...

Can't import pst file into Outlook 2007
I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam Sam <no-email@STOP.SPAM.com> wrote: &g...

XPath asp:Label "The server tag is not well formed" compiler error
I have the a repeater which is databound to an XmlDatasource. Inside the repeater is a Label as follows: <asp:Label ID="lbl" runat="server" Text='<%# XPath("Asset_Metadata[App_Data[@Name = 'NVOD_Genre']/@Value")%>' /> This gives me a "The server tag is not well formed". It seems to be because of the single quotes in the XPath statement. I've tried changing the single quotes to &apos; which compiles fine, but gives an "Invalid Token" runtime error. If I use it on an HTML control w/out runat="server&...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

need to download office 2003 to my windows xp
i have tried everything i know to find the office 2003 that my school says i need to continue with my corses. however, all i find is the updates for office 2003 . i dont need the updates untill i get the original , do i ? -- dianne You cannot use the updates without the original. And Office is not downloadable. You need to purchase a copy. As a student there are some great deals available to you. Try your school bookstore. And BTW..this is a Dynamics GP (Great Plains) site. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tip...

Dynamic Forms VBA
I am trying to create a dynamic form. Here is how it works: the user selects a query, and hits submit on a menu form. A form is then created and the record source is assigned based on the users initial query selection. Now the question/problem: Once the form is loaded, all of the captions/labels are generic. I would like to change this using vba. Is there any way to get column header information on the query programmatically? Ideas? dmericksen wrote: >I am trying to create a dynamic form. Here is how it works: the user selects >a query, and hits submit on a menu form. A form is then...

Insert picture in user form
Im trying to add a small JPG file to a user form nut cant seem to find way to insert it - ive looked through the menus and tried cpoy and past but no joy. does anyone know how i can do this -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26232 hi, put the image control on the form. see toolbox. set the image controls picture property to the file path of the image. to do this, on the image control's pr...

Rounding down or not at all in Forms
I looked thru a bunch of posts but didnt find what I am looking for. Table Design Data Type - Number Size - Double Format - Currency Decimal - 2 Forms Format - Currency Decimal - 2 This is an order form, where you have List Price, Discounted Price and Total, then shipping and handling gets added in.....The List Price that comes from the table is fine, you can click in that field and it shows 2 fixed decimal. The other two fields are calculated. So that being said, take a list price of 329.95 and a 25% discount which makes it 247.46 which when you click in the field shows 247.4625 which wi...

Outlook Customed forms
I have Windows XP with MS Office Outlook 2003. I created 3-4 customed forms and published them in Outook 2003 - worked just fine. I upgrade MS Office Enterprice 2007 now my Outlook 2007 will not open the customed forms I created in Outlook 2003. I went to manage forms and cleared the cache forms. Still failed to open the forms. My co-workers who still have Outlook 2003 can open the forms just fine. Except me since I updated to Outlook 2007. The error I am getting is "The form selected cannot be displayed. The object cannot be found." Does anyone have any idea on how...

Restore in Outlook 2007
I have installed Vista Home Premium. Successful backup of files from Outlook in Office 2003. Now using Office 2007, have tried all backup methods I can find but cannot restore anything. Any help would be appreciated. -- bazzandjo Move your .pst file to a new folder under Documents (for easy backup) then open Outlook, Click on File and choose Open > Outlook data file "bazzandjo" <bazzandjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F05B906-CC28-4214-9FD0-5DC3D9B91BAB@microsoft.com... >I have installed Vista Home Premium. Successful backup of files from >O...

Undo dirty form after opening popup form
I have a subform within a main form. On the subform is an option group with three option buttons. When you click on any of the option buttons a popup form opens to which the user inputs a date. I need the user to be able to click a cancel button on the popup form that would close that form without saving changes and undo changes on the underlying subform (i.e. return the option button to it's original selection) that initiated the popup. Can someone help me with the right syntax to use in the code? Thanks much! I tried this behind the click event of the "Cancel" button on t...

Installing Office 2004 on a new Mac
I've used my three Home/Student Edition Office 2004 licenses on installations on two desktop Macs and a laptop. Now, I'm replacing the laptop with a new one. I understand how to move my Office data over to the new laptop by copying the Microsoft User Data file but am concerned about the basic installation of Office 2004. Can I use one of the three licenses over again or somehow transfer the license from my old laptop to my new one or must I buy another three licenses for Office 2004? You can use your old license again. Mac Office does not require activation, unlike Win Office...

Office 2008 update ver 12.1.9, can't find office on volume?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I follow the update steps, download the update, agree to terms, then installer asks to select a volume to install the update, I only have 1 volume.... I click on my drive and a red exclamation mark and note sez "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.9 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.?" ms offcie for mac 2008 is installed on this drive, license activated, however I only installed word, excel & powerpoint following the custom instal...

Word 2007 numbered paragraphs
I need to number paragraphs beneath heading styles. 1 heading 1 1.1 paragraph 1 1.2 paragraph 2 2 heading 1 2.1 heading 2 2.1.1 paragraph 1 2.1.2 paragraph2 Outline numbering is what you need, the following articles have not been updated for 2007, but the process is the same just in slightly different places. First set up outline numbering, by carefully following the instructions at http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html. Then see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm. -- Hope this helps DeanH "Phippsy" wrote: &...

Outlook 2007 beta2 issue.(Folder URL links)
I have implemented a messageStore provider in MAPI which has worked for a long time now, in outlook2000, XP and 2003. Now comes the dreaded task of porting and addressing issues in 2007. At present I am having a problem with PR_FOLDER_WEBVIEWINFO, my messageStore no longer following the link to an html file or URL. On the same issue I have noticed that the homepage tab in the folder properties is read only. Now I have tried the same on an exchange 2007 outlook2007 store an the homePage is not readonly - I can specifiy my URL or file and it follows to the link fine. Although on the s...