Number Line

Word 2007

Is there a way to graph something like x > 7 or -3 < x < 3 on a number line
or to create a number line using numbers I choose and open or filled in
circles?

I am trying to create math review sheets for students. I've explored Insert
| Equation but have not found what I need. Is there another program better
suited to my needs?

TIA

Guy

Try http://www.ehow.com/how_4963682_create-number-line-microsoft-word.html
and/or create the line in Excel
http://www.internet4classrooms.com/excel_number_line.htm and copy/paste it
into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Guy Lydig wrote:
> Word 2007
>
> Is there a way to graph something like x > 7 or -3 < x < 3 on a
> number line or to create a number line using numbers I choose and
> open or filled in circles?
>
> I am trying to create math review sheets for students. I've explored
> Insert
>> Equation but have not found what I need. Is there another program
>> better suited to my needs?
>
> TIA
>
> Guy

0
Jay

Invisable lines that print
I am using the "ethernet shape" and pull the yellow diamonds to connect to my server shapes, it looks fine on the screen but when I print there is a line that prints at an angle from the servers connection point to the center of the "ethernet shape" What is causing this, it's driving me mad.... I can't find on option that says somthing like "show connector end location when printing" ??? Help "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F74820B5-67C0-4579-8C22-84674424C1ED@microsoft.com... >I am using the "...

Find Discontinued Number
I have a spredsheet to a few columns and one of the field is check numbers. This column looks like this: Check # 101 102 103 106 107 109 110 .... 120 I want to find out which numbers are missing between 101 and 120. The result I want should be:104, 105,108... Could anybody help? Plumstone, There may be better ways of doing it but try: Sub tester() Dim x As Long Dim y As Long Dim n As Long Dim EndCell As Long Dim StartCell As Long Dim StartCol As Integer StartCell = 9 StartCol = 3 EndCell = Cells(Rows.Count, StartCol).End(xlUp).Row n = StartCell ...

Captions and Citations won't format differently on same line.
Sir/Ma'am, Here's my issue: I have several figures in my document, which I have captioned using the "caption" command. Additionally, I have given the source for the caption as well. For instance: "Figure 1: Elm Tree (Jones, 2007)." I have created a Table of Figures, and the table of figures views the citation as part of the caption. When I try to select the citation and change it to normal text style (so the table of figures won't recognize it as captioned text) it will not let me change it if it is on the same line. My style book requ...

Wrap and merge text will not show all lines
I am using a required formate for a report done in Excel. The odd lines use 5 blocks and the even lines use these blocks merged into one to fill with text. When the data is 9 or more lines long it quits wrapping so cannot be read. My report is due and I cannot figure out how to fix this. Any ideas or is this a program problem? Text does stop wrapping in a cell after about 1000 characters. You might consider putting the text in a text box (from the Drawing toolbar). -- Jim "jar57" <jar57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8DA7311-306A-413F-B31E-4C3...

Set Number of Previous Documents under FILE
When I open Excel and click on FILE on the menu bar, it only shows 4 previously opened documents. I want it to show 8-10 but can't find any options to change it. Can it be done? I have the student and teacher edition 2003. <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, Change number of entries by the "RecentlyUsedFileList". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Paste a number as text
We often use the copy paste function to export some data from our software into excel for further analysis. In one colomn we have a text field which containes sometimes only numers like "23000.3000". If we copy and paste this field, the result in excel would be "23000.3". (It is interpreted as number) We tried already to add a ' before the value but the the ' is showed as normal letter. Is there any solution to paste any number as a text in Excel without programming a full Excel automation. Thank you for your help! If it's just one cell, format it as text ...

formula
Hi, I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to copy it down, it doesn't seem to recognise my odd numbers request. What formula should I use? Thanks! Use =INDIRECT("A"&ROW(A1)*2-1) and copy down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Georgyneedshelp" <Georgyneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:464A8951-DB29-4907-AE09-AA7CE4F0C15A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to > copy it down, it doe...

adding a leading 00 to some loan numbers
I've got several thousand loan numbers which need to be updated to a ten-digit format by adding a leading 00. That's easy enough to do, HOWEVER, some of them have already been updated with the leading 00. What formula can I use to add 00 only to those which have not already been updated? Thanks. -- alan =right(rept("0",10)&a1,10) If the values are all numeric (not text), you could apply a custom format: Select the range format|cells|Number tab|Custom category 0000000000 or use a formula like this if the cell looks numeric: =text(a1,rept("0",10)) or =tex...

Hiding/Exposing Worksheets based on a Number Entry
I have a worksheet that has data for up to 50 technicians. Each location gets this workbook and may have from 3-50 technicians. I'd like to create a macro/formula that lets each location enter the number of technicians, and then will hide the unneeded worksheets. The workbook has a summary page, (worksheet one), fifty individual technician pages (worksheets 2-51) and a setup page (worksheet 52). Data is entered on each technicians page. What I would like is for the location to entry a number in a cell or from a macro prompt that asks how many locations they have. Based on that respon...

Change what populates subject line when send pdf report in email
When I choose to send my POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the PO number populating that field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

Cell Formatting to disp. ### numbers
I am trying to format the cells so that it only allows three numbers t be displayed. To be more descriptive: We work with zip codes quite often, but, we only use the first thre digits. Someone sent us a xls file with 12000 zip codes, in one column, and need to know how to make the column show only the first three digits o all the zip codes.. there is another problem, when I convert them to a numeric value, i removes the zero in front...ex. 08245, becomes 8245, but i need to kee that zero in front. Thanks -Eri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your zip codes a...

Excel default number format problem
I have a user with an incorrect default cell format in Excel. His default number of decimal places for a cell with numbers is set to 4 instead of 2. I have no idea how he caused this and I have no idea how to correct it. In case I'm being ambiguous, here is the procedure: Open a new Excel workbook, choose any cell and go to Format. In the Format Cell dialog box go to the Number tab and choose the Number category. The Decimal Places box will be set to 2 by default but in this user's Excel it is set to 4. How do I get it back to the default of 2? http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick...

Line break disabling symbol?
Hi, time to time, I get http:// www.link.com to get breaked this way. How can I disable possible breaking after / or similar characters? Thanks, Jan Select the paragraphs that contain the lines you want to keep together. On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Line and Paragraph Breaks tab. Select the Keep lines together check box. or Widows and orphans are single lines of text in a paragraph that print at the top or bottom of a text box or column. You can choose to avoid separating these lines from the rest of the paragraph. Select the paragraphs f...

articel number??????
Hello, I like to connect numbers and a description! For example: ___----------A B 1 1234 Watch 2 1235 Jeans If I put in a number I like to get the description automatic Maybe I put the number 1234 in A1 at a other sheet then I like to get the description Watch at b1. In Germany it is called �sverweis� but I don�t know the English function! Please Help me!!!! Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dominick Sheet1 Column A contains numbers. Shee...

Mixed justification on a line
I need to mix the justification in a line of text in Publisher 2003. Part left, part right. mfried21 wrote: >I need to mix the justification in a line of text in > Publisher 2003. Part left, part right. =================================== Have you tried using two text boxes? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled Hi - Use left justification for the line and put in a text-to- the-left tab stop on your right margin. M. >-----Original Message----- >I need to mix the justification in a line of text in Publisher 2003. Part >left, part right. >. > ...

Matching number formats
I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them respond to each other? On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:36:09 -0700, "raystub" <raystub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" >response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste >Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them >resp...

Excel
I have 2 sets of data - Table A name date Start # End# Price Qty DDA 3/1/2007 100 150 $75.00 4 DDA 3/1/2007 151 200 $45.00 4 DDA 3/1/2007 201 250 $25.00 4 DDA 8/1/2007 251 300 $90.00 8 DDA 8/1/2007 301 350 $20.00 9 BBD 8/1/2007 351 400 $55.00 21 BBD 8/1/2007 401 450 $58.00 54 BBD 7/7/2008 451 500 $60.00 28 BBD 7/7/2008 500 550 $74.00 9 and Table B Name1 Date1 Number DDA 3/1/2007 115 DDA 3/1/2007 121 DDA 8/1/2007 254 DDA 8/1/2007 345 DDA 3/1/2008 388 BBD 8/1/2007 229 BBD 7/7/2008 458 DDA 3/1/2007 298 BBD 7/7/2008 508 I am trying to write a lookup function that will tell me...

Packing Slip numbers
Is there anyway for me to get the Packing slip numbers to increment for every order fulfillment. For example, I put in an order for 5 of an item. There is only 1 in stock so a fulfillment order gets generated for that one item and the other 4 are back ordered. More of this item comes in a week later and is put into inventory. At that time, the back order of 4 is transfered to a order (different order number but same master doc number). A 2nd fulfillment order is entered in for the 4 and a packing slip is printed for the 4. What I expect to see - The new packing slip number would have in...

Calculate the number of tuesdays in a month?
How do I calculate how many tuesdays are in a month? For example if I have the date January 7, 2005 in A1? I need to determine how many tuesdays are in that month so I can multiply that number by the mortgage payment due (IE. $333). (for a weekly payment). Thanx. With the date is in A1, =IF(MONTH(A1+35)=MONTH(A1),5,4), i.e. if 5 weeks from the date is in the same month, there are 5 weeks, otherwise 4. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:21:02 -0800, "Phorluk" <Phorluk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I calculate how many tuesdays are in a month? > >For exa...

Counting the Unique Numbers
Hi ALL, I need to get the number of unique entries in a particular column in an excel table using a formula to a defined cell. how can I do that? and this number has to change when I filter the rows using other columns. e.g. A table with Col A and Col B has 60 rows. Col A has 50 Unique entries. so the Number should be 50. I filter using Col B which will give 10 rows. in these 10 Rows there are 4 unique entries in Col A. So the Number should be 4. Please Help. Thank you in advance. Assuming the full unfiltered range is A2:A60. Adjust to suit. Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(I...

List

VBA Get Line Item Number
Is it possible to get the current line item number that is being completed when in SOP? I am trying to ensure that my form data is saved in my database associated to the line item I am completing in SOP. thanks! That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible with Modifier and then add it to your VBA project. You can make it invisible again after but still use it in your code. Once you do that, you should be able to use it as you describe. Wicked! Thanks for the help. "MichaelJ" wrote: > That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible ...

Fractions: whole numbers to proper fractions
MS Word 2004 (MS Word 2003 is also on board) As a cookbook editor, I receive countless submissions with the most common fractions entered as whole numbers. I have quick correct to convert these if I am typing them myself however I need a way to have Word make the conversion on a per document basis rather than on a manual fraction by fraction basis as I do now. In the old WordPerfect days, running spell check would do this as well as convert generic quotes to typographer's quotes; Word does neither. Google has not been my friend in this search. Appropriate suggestions from this...

How do I find how often a number appears within a worksheet
I am a vehicle fleet service manager. Basically I have two work sheets. One contains all personal information with regards to the workforce the other contains the details of the vehicles, mileage and the person who has used the vehicle. I basically need to know how often a person fills in the mileage books without wading through vast amounts of data. Paul ,,, Try COUNTIF ,,,,, should work "PaulGrowns1" wrote: > I am a vehicle fleet service manager. Basically I have two work sheets. One > contains all personal information with regards to the workforce the other > co...