Number formats and fields

Hi All!

I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference
(the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be
equation B, etc).  So I need a numbering field.  However, when I get to
equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the
default A, B, C… numbering gives you.  However, I will be adding other
equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation
reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add
another equation in the middle of the document.  Does anyone know how to make
a new numbering format or how I can do the above numbering format with a
field?

Thanks,

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/NbrFAQ.htm#XLTypeNr.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sean12" <Sean12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All!
>
> I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a
> reference
> (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be
> equation B, etc).  So I need a numbering field.  However, when I get to
> equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like
> the
> default A, B, C. numbering gives you.  However, I will be adding other
> equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation
> reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I
> add
> another equation in the middle of the document.  Does anyone know how to
> make
> a new numbering format or how I can do the above numbering format with a
> field?
>
> Thanks,

0
Stefan

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

newsletter formatting
I have designed a newsletter in Publisher that I e-mail as a message. The format is saves as HTML. The original recipient can view the newsletter fine, however, when the newsletter is forwarded the formatting gets rearranged. How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal recipients as when it gets forwarded? Thanks, Fredrik Fredrik A <Fredrik A@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal > recipients as when it gets forwarded? Convert to PDF using an application such as PrimoPDF (www...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

If statement with formatted text
Hi, Is there any way to have an if formula such as: If (A1="Active", "KAE",KPE") where the two letters after the K are formatted as subscript? The best I've done is to paste a picture over the cell. The picture's formula refers to named formula that selects one of two cells, the one with correct string. One cell contains KAE and the other KPE with the subscript. However, it means that I'm using a picture and it would be much nicer if I could just do it in an If formula. I hope that makes some kind of sense, and thanks in advance for your help. D...

Formatting cells from internet
I have copied and pasted a chart from a website. (The website will not let me import) The cells are showing numbered values, but when i go to put the formula in it is giving me a zero like it cannot read the numbers in the cell. That is on 3 seperate columns. On the very last column it is reading the numbers I cannot make it recognize that those columns are numbers to be used in formulas Thanks for your help! Use Dave McRitchie's Trimall macro to clean up the data. Then copy an empty cell, select all your data and do Edit / PasteSpecial / Add and it will coerce all data back to nu...

Fields
I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to create a field that can be added to periodically to show all the courses a person takes from my instructors. I created a field named course but it is only allowing me to put one course in. How can I make the field list all the courses? Thanks, Nantika -- Enjoy every day! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:18:01 -0700, Nantika <Nantika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to >create a field that can be added to periodically ...

Conditial Formatting Not Available
After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or disabled. I tried Compact and Repair but it didn't work. Any ideas? James Duh. I was selecting a label instead of the field. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:uJhfSCSKIHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now > the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or > disabled. > I tried Compact and Repair b...

Choosing Report Format-Need advice
I asked this similar question a few days ago but received no response. Is there a way to change the properties when you’re using an AutoFormat for a report? I tried unsuccessfully to change the height of my alternating background when I used an AutoFormat (I’m using Access 2007). Is this the “rule”? I’m about to create several end-of-the-month reports that I plan to pull each month and thought I’d ask before I started. I’m also welcome to any suggestions about AutoFormat vs. designing your own report. Thank you for your input. AccessKay wrote: >I asked this simila...

Export query to Excel with formated heading
When export from query to Excel, I'd like to turn some columns into heading row on top of Excel sheets how to turn this: LastName FirstName SID Section Instructor Doe John 1234 0545 Su Doe Jane 2345 0545 Su into this? Class Roster Instructor: Su Section: 0545 LastName FirstName SID Doe John 1234 Doe Jane 2345 I think one way of achieving this would be to create a report in Access where you would group under instructor with the students in the detail section. From the report you can then use the analyze with Ex...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

Find the rank of a number
Pretty basic, but a cunundrum non the less. List of teams and a stat beside them. Such as: Team Name Wins Team1 299 Team2 314 Team3 349 Team4 325 Team5 335 In a differnet cell i want to display the rank of team 4. In this case it would be 3rd place, or third largest number. Any Clues? azidrane wrote: > Pretty basic, but a cunundrum non the less. > > List of teams and a stat beside them. Such as: > > Team Name Wins > Team1 299 > Team2 314 > Team3 349 > Team4 ...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases
-- Jerry ...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Restrictions in format
How do I restrict some columns of having all text in UPPER CASE, some columns to have text only First In Capital Letter and some columns only in lower case?? Thanks JPG You can restrict using Data Validation but I would find that very annoying. Example............in DV>Allow>Custom =EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)) will not allow anything but Uppercase. I would use event code to automatically change Case when anything is entered. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False With Target ...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

Capture number of records updated?
We have several processes that we run on a daily or monthly basis that I am trying to automate. Each one has a series of delete, append, and/or update queries, sometimes as many as 15 per process. I am trying to find out if there is a way to suppress the query messages but still capture how many records each query impacted. I know how to run the queries from code, and how to turn off the warnings (DoCmd.SetWarnings False), but then I can't see how many records were deleted/appended/updated. I need to see these totals to spot check them and make sure there is not a problem. I ...

Conditional Format #14
That's what I was messing up! It was the ordering, not the formula! Thank you. Now if I have my =AND(E2="Y") for one and no formatting and my second =C2<TODAY() Red bold format, I should be able to mak rule 3 =C2<TODAY()-2 format Yellow bold and have anything 2 days clos to due yellow, YES -- Jimmytec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jimmytech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1447 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26087 RE: =AND(E2="Y") You o...

sorting numbers #5
Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The problem is when there are zeros in the item number. Excell sort CA0002 CA00020 CA0021 CA02 CA021 CA02C Needs to be CA0002 CA02 CA02C CA00020 CA0021 CA021 Thanks Darkjedi -- darkjedi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748 Since I didn't re...

How to assign unique number to column duplicates?
Hi All, I need to assign a unique number to a set of duplicates all in one column in Excel 2007. so columnA will has about 9000 numbers, some of them unique, and others are duplicates of 2-4 approx. I used to conditional formatting to show which are duplicates, but need to be able to assign a unique number to each set duplicates, that will be in sequential order... e.g. ColumnA ColumnB(unique ID) 01233 0001 01233 0001 01234 - 01255 0002 01255 0002 etc.... Any ideas please? I don't know how to do programming, just form...