No Word Icon in Programs Menu, yet I still have access to old docs

Very odd.  For no reason I know of the Word program is missing from the "All
programs: menu and my shortcut disappeared as well.  When I type in "Word" in
the "start search" box I get a list of my old Word docs and NOT the program
icon.  When I click on the Word doc it does open and seems to run normally,
but right now there is no way to access the program itself from the start
menu, or anywhere else.  Please - any help is appreciated.

Look for winword.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12 where 12 is the Word version (here Word 2007) and create a
new shortcut to it. If it is missing, you will have to repair Office by
re-running setup from the Windows add or return programs applet or from the
original installation disc.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Randall Blaum" <Randall Blaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Very odd.  For no reason I know of the Word program is missing from the
> "All
> programs: menu and my shortcut disappeared as well.  When I type in "Word"
> in
> the "start search" box I get a list of my old Word docs and NOT the
> program
> icon.  When I click on the Word doc it does open and seems to run
> normally,
> but right now there is no way to access the program itself from the start
> menu, or anywhere else.  Please - any help is appreciated.

0
Graham

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Outlook Web Access HTTP 500 and HTTP 404 errors
hi, I am experiencing this problem on Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, when the users try to authenticate to Outlook Web Access, they get the following error messages in their browsers, "http 500 - internal server error" or "http error 404 - file or directory not found", the customer upgraded to windows/exchange 2003 6 months ago from windows/Exchange 2000 (in place upgrade), they only discovered the problem last week when they tried creating new users, i created 3 test users and the 3 users were getting the above errors. some already existing users have no prob...

telnet client in access form
Hello. I am trying to creat a form for work that involves connecting to a telnet server to automatically send and retreive specified data. I am new to VB and I am not sure why my code is not working... anybody help me out? Here is the code that seems to be generating the error: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) telnet.RemoteHost = "HOST" telnet.RemotePort = 23 End Sub (obviously i have replaced removed the host name since i am posting this) ...

Problems updating Access 2003 Database
We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send forms within the organization. We are seeing instances where the new records are not appending and believe it may be the query that is causing the issue. The INSERT query is: INSERT INTO table_headerdata ( wso_num ) SELECT Max([table_headerdata]![wso_num])+1 AS Expr1 FROM table_headerdata WHERE wso_num < 1000000; We would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:50:00 -0800, ehess00 <ehess00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send for...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007
Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off. Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty?? Is the correct language applied to text? See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EE38C-F6EB-44F5-A875-C55709A58B67@microsoft.com... > Every time i try an...

Trouble with forms I created in Word 2003
I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office 2007. I can't seem to access many things in the "ribbon" in order to unlock the form and/or make any changes, access the header/ footer etc. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and have tried things I have seen in various forums to no avail. Please help! "HBForsyth" <HBForsyth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BDD0D0C-AA9B-4E5B-A632-BE4B7E4DD6E1@microsoft.com... > I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office >...

Outlook blocked access to the potentially unsafe objects: package
Hi, We get a warning prompt while sending a mail with another emails as attachments. It says "outlook found potentially unsafe objects" message. All the attachments in the email are MSG format files. I know the procedure to allow unsafe file attachments but the error message says "unsafe objects". How do I allow sending mails with unsafe objects?? -Chandu If you try to send the same message in Plain Text format, do you still get that error? If so, there is probably an object within your message that is triggering the error. Things like Stationery and Si...

missing tray icon after Explorer Bar restored
I have an application that has a mainframe that is hidden all the time when the application is running - it hides itself after creating a tray icon. All the user interaction is through the tray icon - a menu from right click or by double clicking. Windows XP ( I believe Win2K as well), end up 'crashing' (I do not know if that is the right term) and recreating the Explorer Task bar. When this happens, my application icon does not always get repainted. I read that I need to respond to a message sent by the Explorer - following that advice I do the following 1. Register a Windows m...

Outlook 2007 Desktop Icon
How can I create a desktop icon for Outlook 2007? I do not want a shortcut for it, I know how to do that. I want an icon where I can right click on it, click properties and have the mail setup menu come up. I know this can be done with Office 2003, Any help would be apprecitaed! Jeff <jeff.waterhouse@avnet.com> wrote: > How can I create a desktop icon for Outlook 2007? I do not want a > shortcut for it, I know how to do that. I want an icon where I can > right click on it, click properties and have the mail setup menu come > up. I know this can be done with Office 2003, An...

menu commands are gray
When making a new file, commands are okay. I have a file I update once per month, however now some of the menu options are grayed out. Worksheet is not protected. Can anyone help me? kcohio You don't say which items are grayed out, so just guessing here. Possibly you have two or more sheets "grouped" as in selected? Do you see [Group] behind the filename in title bar? Note which sheets are grouped. The sheet tabs will be white. Then right-click on any sheet and "ungroup". Note: check your data carefully on any sheets that were grouped. What you have done to...

How do I call individual cell data from an Excel sheet into Powerpoint or Word?
Ok, I have an Excel work sheet done up to calculate discounts given to employees based on their employer. I now need to make a flyer in either Word or PowerPoint (or another program if needed) but I'd like for it to pull the data from individual cells in the Excel sheet. For instance in the midst of the graphics and flyer text that will remain the same for every flyer I'd like to be able to tell it to refer to Excel document, and then pull all the information for say, the company in row 7 (since 7 is the first company listed) It would need to pull the text (co. name) from A7, sug. r...

how do I show text on quick access toolbar
Using MS Office 2007. I would l ike to show text instead of icons on the quick access toolbar. On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:00:05 -0800, Mothomas <Mothomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using MS Office 2007. I would l ike to show text instead of icons on the >quick access toolbar. Sorry, Microsoft has not made that possible. Maybe you could instead customize the ribbon. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the...

Access crash
Hello! Is there a way to crash an ms access db in order to have the dialog box 'Send Error Report'? Thanks for any suggestion. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:03:22 +0100, "Patrick" <patrick@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello! > >Is there a way to crash an ms access db in order to have the dialog box >'Send Error Report'? > >Thanks for any suggestion. > It's like this time I was visiting my brother in Sydney, Australia. I'm from Seattle, and I told him I would love to see a kangaroo in the wild. He agreed to try. The...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...

Extracting Data from Access dB to Excel, using VBA
Hi All, Firstly, I'm an amateur on a steep learning curve, so please excuse me if some of my terminology/understanding is incomplete. I have found a VBA procedure which will extract entire tables from a db to a grid array in an excel spreadsheet. The procedure relies on two cell values, one identifies the database path, the other identifies the required table. When the procedure is run, it evaluates the two values and returns the specified table in its entirety. The problem I am having is that it works perfectly for tables that have no 'dead-space', ie blank fi...

CListCtrl
Hi, I am developing Windows application using Vc++ 6.0. My application has a list control that displays icons. The text of the icons are quiet big and needs atleast 32 characters. How can I make the list control always display the complete text of the icons? Thanks in advance -GSD. On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:28:04 +0530, "Dinakara" <Dinakara.gs@in.bosch.com> wrote in <eemfh8$i5k$1@news4.fe.internet.bosch.com>: >I am developing Windows application using Vc++ 6.0. My application has a >list control that displays icons. The text of the icons are quiet big and >ne...

OWA Access #7
Hi All, I have an exchange fornt/backend configuration setup. All users currently accessing OWA are all fine except one user who cannot seem to login to OWA via any browser. When he is prompted to put in his user name and password nothing happens. He will keep on trying till he exceeds the # of logon attempts then he is kicked out with erorr 404 or page expired message. There is nothing special about his user acct than the others yet we cannot seems to log him on. He doesnt even go pass the password prompt. Any ideas? Thanks ...