My tech gets X's & O's when I e-mail him a word document?

My tech gets  O & X when I send him a word document, what do I have to change?

Possible solutions:

1.  Make sure the recipient is trying to open the document with Word and not
something like OpenOffice or Notepad.
2.  Find out what version of Word the recipient is using and make sure your
document is in a format compatible with that version. (Note that .doc can be
opened by pretty much any version of Word.)
3.  Save the document in Rich Text Format (.rtf) and send that instead of
the Word document (.doc/.docx/.docm).
4.  Convert the document to PDF and send that instead of the Word document.
5.  Tell the recipient that it's not really a Word document at all, just a
huge game of tic-tac-toe. <g>
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"rusinging" <rusinging@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My tech gets  O & X when I send him a word document, what do I have to
> change?

0
Gordon

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Getting the BCC field by default.

opening a .docx with word 2004

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Macro

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...