My "Insert" button is not allowing me to type over text. Help??

Is there somewhere I can go to turn this on or off ??  Thx.

Click the Insert/Overtype button on the Word 2007 status bar or Word Options

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"jozee1026" <jozee1026@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there somewhere I can go to turn this on or off ??  Thx.

0
Graham

Insertion point in selected text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to reinstall Office 2008 and since then, Word is behaving differently when I try to click inside a portion of text that is selected. Instead of dismissing the selection and giving me an insertion point, the selection background briefly blinks and stays there, and a smart tag appears. I have to click outside the selected text and then put the insertion point where I want it.� <br><br>What is even more intriguing is if I happen to be tracking the changes, I can see that Word does something when I...

Problem inserting in-line images
I am using Word 2003. Generally when I want to insert an image in a document I successfully use Insert..Picture...from file. I can then right click and add a caption is I want to. This is the preferred setting for me as i like to be able to easily add text before and after the picture. Hence my default settting (under Options...Edit) is 'Insert/paste pictures... Inline with text. I am having a problem with one particular document today (and I have seen it occasionally in the past) when I use the above method but the image gets hidden behind the text above. If I open a new...

Inserting symbol
I'm trying to insert a symbol next to a number in a cell that is totaled. When I attempt this the number is not then recognized for the correct total. Do I need to change my SUM fx in some way to correct this? Hi, Do it with a format. Right click your cell - Format - Number tab -select Custom enter this custom format alter to include the symbol you wannt 0.0" Your Symbol" OK Mike "judyl" wrote: > I'm trying to insert a symbol next to a number in a cell that is totaled. > When I attempt this the number is not then recognized for th...

insert contact info in email message?
Is there some way to insert a contacts information into an email body? So if I want to give someones contact info to a client or friend while composing I can do that quickly. It seems as if I used to be able to do this in Outlook express. Does outlook do this too? I don't know of an easy and quick method, but a wordaround is to open the contact and use the File->Save As to save the data, then open it in an editor, copy, and paste into your e-mail. You could use the "Insert -> Item" menu and pick the contact but then it gets put into the e-mail as a .msg file attachment ...

Inserting date where there is none and converting existing ones
Hello, I want to iterate through a column of dates and where the cell is blank I want to insert a preset date and where there is a date I want to convert it to a certain format. I've tried this formula for the first part: =IF("","20030101") but it doesn't work. So for example: A blank cell would get 20030101 inserted and a cell with 7/15/2003 would get 20030715. I'd like to do this with a formula if possible. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, --FB Frank, Bit of tangled solution here. If the cell contains "", it cannot ...

my cursor moves while typing causing me to insert information
please help me discover why my cursor jumps on the page Hi pat, If you're using a laptop, it may be because you're brushing the touchpad. If so, try disabling the touchpad while you're typing. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DE751C4-E4DC-4968-81F1-D08B669EA8CA@microsoft.com... > please help me discover why my cursor jumps on the page ...

inserting page number
Dear All, Need your help... i want to insert page number but the first page in page number 4 in that document. how can i archive that? thanks for ur help regards, reza Insert the page number. When your cursor is in the Header (or Footer), a toolbar (or ribbon tab, if you're in Word2007) appears with the "Format Page Number" button. In that button you'll find a place to tell it which page number to start with. On Jan 21, 5:26=A0am, reza <r...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > Need your help... > i want to insert pag...

Can't insert row in data table in protected worksheet
Hi, [for Excel 2007] I have a worksheet with one data table. The cells in the data row that have formulas are locked - to avoid changing the formula and to remove them from the tab order. All other cells in the worksheet are unlocked. When I protect the worksheet, and make sure to check the options that allow me to insert rows, I am still not allowed to insert new data table rows. For example, pressing TAB at the end of one data row will not automatically create a new row and shift the focus to the first cell in the new row. Unprotecting the worksheet gives me the desired ...

How can I make a merge insert down the row then over in Publisher.
Hi! I am trying to do a catelog merge in Publisher 2003. My records are merging across each row and then down. I want them to merge, down, then across. How can I do this? Hi alw (alw@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hi! I am trying to do a catelog merge in Publisher 2003. My records || are merging across each row and then down. I want them to merge, || down, then across. How can I do this? The merge will follow your repeating areas based on how you lay them out. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This...

Outlook XP
I have been experiencing problems when the dialog box opens upon requesting an insert file. The file drop down hangs up and the dialog box title shows a message that states "Insert File Not Responding". I have to wait and request the drop down file selection again in order to see the folders and files available for selection. I ran the repair on the PST file as well as a detect and repair on the reinstall of Outlook. I am wondering why this has started to happen suddenly. There has not been anything new or different that has been introduced to this PC. Thank you. You mea...

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte
word 2007 First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no known issues like what I'm about to describe. My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses ...

pivot tables
Can't add any more "insert calculated fields", I do the formula and all and nothing happens. -- Hilda B. ...

Insert a PDF page into a Word document
Is there a decent way to insert a PDF page into a Word document, like into a text box? ...that is, other than printing it out, scanning it into a picture format? John Did you try Insert - Object - Adobe Acrobat Document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "John" <John@TheNOSPAMStewartWeb.com> wrote in message news:3E9C117E-742E-4450-96F3-97CB0ACD4B05@microsoft.com... > Is there a decent way to insert a PDF page into a Word document, like into > a text box? ...that is...

Insert Specific text into fields
Here is my problem. I have 10,000 text line that look like this AAAAA AAAAA (1234) BBBB BBBBBBBBB (2345) I want to keep all alphabets in one column, and separate (****) int one colum, so that the user is able to sort data either by name o number..... Plzzz hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the column, do data>text to columns, select delimited, click next, check other and put ( as delimiter, click finish Select the new column that looks like 1234) do edit>replace, find what ) leave replace with blank click OK -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "bholabhala >&...

Bulk insert from user defined table type into a table
I have a user defined table type with columns representing the data that will be inserted into a normal table. CREATE TYPE [Headlines].[HeadlineTable] as TABLE (HeadlineTitle nvarchar(200) not null, HeadlineDescription nvarchar(500) not null, HeadlineContent nvarchar(max) not null, HeadlineStartDate date not null, HeadlineEndDate date not null, unique(HeadlineTitle)) The columns above are included in the original table: CREATE TABLE [Headlines].[Headlines]( HeadlineID int not null, HeadlineTitle nvarchar(200) not null, HeadlineDescription nvarchar(500) not null, HeadlineCont...

Inserting ruling lines into a document, like a newsletter
I am in a computer class @ ITT-Tech, and I am learning how to write a Newsletter from scratch. The problem I am having is, that one of the instructions is to insert ruling lines into the document. I can not find out where to find them on the tool bar, so if any one out there may be able to help me. I would really appreciate it. Sincerely, Liz Liz wrote: > I am in a computer class @ ITT-Tech, and I am learning how to write a > Newsletter from scratch. > The problem I am having is, that one of the instructions is to insert > ruling lines into the document. > ...

How do I delete the automatically inserted ' in every Excel cell?
Every time I move data from Access into Excel each cell magically gains a leading ' . I have tried trimming the cell, search & replace, text to columns, and looking in Help. The ' is messing with some of the calculations I need to run on the sheet. I really want to delete all of them. Try a different Number format in Format-Cells, Number tab. Excel may be reading the Access data as text. "SLW" <SLW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDEA473D-12DC-4978-8AED-BDD1DCBA5DEB@microsoft.com... > Every time I move data from Access into Excel each ce...

Insert picture in a comment
Is it possible to insert a picture in the comments? Everytime someone mouses over a comment, I would like the picture of the model number in the cell to show. Even better, I would like to put a formula in the comment to do a lookup in a table and match with the cell and then show the picture. I think creating a hyperlink for every cell will be too time consuming. Or does anyone have any other ideas? Joe Hi Joe AFAIK it is not possible to include formulas or pictures in this comment field. so you would have to develop this kind of shape on your own. I would use a hyperlink to your file in ...

Auto insert a row or cell
I'm entering numbers under a colum, I need the total sum of the colum; But after I enter the last number 221 and press enter it needs to skip with a blank row or cell ? but allways adding the total sum at the last cell. After the 221 and press enter, the cursor will go to the next cell below, which the total sum is located; I need a blank cell so it will skip to the next cell where I will enter the next number. Thank you very much. JA ex: 123 222 111 221 ---> Here is where I need the blank row allways 677 This is the total sum File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?po...

troubleshoot inserting columns in a spreadsheet
Cannot insert columns in a worksheet - gives an error message: To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Office Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to locate the last nonblank cell by pressing Ctrl + End, and delete or clear all in cells between the last cell and the end of your data. The select cell A1 and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again. I have followed the instructions, but no help. any thoughts??? Hi Quinn, Using the scroll bar at the bottom of your screen, scroll to the right as far r...

How to insert = in formula bar
Already this problem is posted but not answered for the right solotion? There use to be = button in the formula bar in Excell 2000 its not in excell XP, I tried with the = button from the toolbar but it did not worked as it did in excell 2000. How about clicking the fx symbol to the left of the formula bar? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Tirtha Raj Adhikari" <Tirtha Raj Adhikari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C02F4277-B8AC-4BE3-897A-368B2C6FFDD0@microsoft.com... > Already this problem is posted but not answered for the right solotion? > There use to be = b...

Inserting Pages
I'm using Windows XP Publisher 2003 The past few days I have had trouble inserting pages to my Publisher documents. The bar at the bottom isn't showing up with pages listed in the document. Previously created documents with multiple pages, show all the pages but when I create new documents and try to add pages, they don't show on the bar below. Any suggestions as to what's happening or another way that I can get to pages 2, 3 4, etc.? Thanks. Hi, Try Menu View > Toolbar > check Status bar Regards. Michel "Surelyknot" <Surelyknot@discussions.micro...

Inserting files into excel worksheets
Why is there no option for inserting an files into an existing Excel worksheet similar to the option forinserting files into Word and PowerPoint files. I work for a CPA firm and this would be a valuable feature feature. "ccwies" <ccwies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC33867-4C40-45F8-89E0-540ABD94AC3C@microsoft.com... > Why is there no option for inserting an files into an existing Excel > worksheet similar to the option forinserting files into Word and > PowerPoint > files. I work for a CPA firm and this would be a valuable feature feature...

inserted eps image loses color
Hello I have created a 125 KB file in Photoshop, (purple object on a transparent background) and exported it as and .eps file. I then tell my Publisher 2000 document to insert that file. All good on the screen - I see the image and it is indeed there and it is purple. But every time I print it the image is "gone". I go through the troubleshooting guide, rebooted, recreated my Adobe graphic, recreated my Publisher document etc. and still can't figure out what I need to do. I've also downloaded the most recent driver for my Cannon i850 printer. No change. thanks f...