MS Word Error Message

I get an alert box from MS Office that states "The global template,
NORMAL.DOT, is already open as an add-in program." every time I open Word. I
want to get rid of this.

Normal.dot is the normal template (for Word versions up to 2003). It should
be in the user templates folder and if you have not changed the location
where Word stores its templates you can find it by typing
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates
in the Address bar of Explorer.
If as the message indicates you have a copy of normal.dot in the Word or
Office startup folder, then it will load it as an add-in and there will be a
conflict with the normal template as indicated by the message. You need to
ensure that you have only one normal template in your Windows profile and it
must be in the indicated folder. remove or rename any others that you might
find. You also need to remove any hidden lock files - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"GDKTN" <GDKTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get an alert box from MS Office that states "The global template,
> NORMAL.DOT, is already open as an add-in program." every time I open Word.
> want to get rid of this.

0
Graham

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Move Mailbox errors
I'm currently migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We're in a native mode Windows 2003 AD. I am migrating about 500 mailbox from a standalone Exchange 2000 to a WIndows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Active/passive cluster configuration. Mailbox moves have been going great up until yesterday. While moving the users in the normal way,2 mailboxes hung at 100%. In the "state" column, it says: "Saving changes to the directory". I let it sit at this stage for more than 10 hours. I then have to cancel the task, then it says cancel running tasks, and this wil...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

Word 2008- Save and name with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a .dot template file that I use daily. I don't have a problem with the rest of the script but i'd like to replace two dialog boxes with text that i've already entered in fields DName and DOB, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to reference or pull the text out of these two text fields in a word 2008 document. Essentially the first two text form fields in the document contain the name and date of birth and i want to turn that into the file name. <br><br>i.e. what i've ...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

80040e19 error occurring with 2nd NIC installed
I am experiencing the 80040e19 error when expanding public folders in Exchange System Manager, Exchange 2000. I have exhausted all suggested MS articles and *still* have not resolved the issue. No evidence of URLScan or iislockdown being run on the server. Strange thing is is that when I disable the newly installed NIC through device manager the public folders can be expanded perfectly. On enabling the NIC, same error. The server is the PDC, Exchange and Intranet server, running IIS on port 80 for local intranet site and the admin website on port 7715. I have checked the host head...

space then date causes error
On my spreadsheet they have to type in a date and other calculations are taken from this point. Of the hundreds that have used it there have been no problems, however as always there will always be one....... When they fill in the date they type a space and then type the date, this throws up errors in the other calculations. Not altogether important but is there an easy fix for this, so that if anyone types a space it is ignored, I dont want to get involved in VBA/macro stuff. Right click the sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify range to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

ameritrade plus error
When I try to download my information from ameritrade plus i get a invalid org error. Anyone else experience this problem. Help Please.. >When I try to download my information from ameritrade >plus i get a invalid org error. Anyone else experience >this problem? YES......EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! ...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

Money2002 Setup Error
When I try to setup (windows98) I get the following: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." Here are the details: SETUP executed an invalid instruction in module ADVPACK.DLL at 015f:715f5858. Registers: EAX=0066cf04 CS=015f EIP=715f5858 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=0066d364 SS=0167 ESP=0066cdf4 EBP=0066d014 ECX=0066f8d0 DS=0167 ESI=00000348 FS=6017 EDX=0044003c ES=0167 EDI=0066d350 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: fe ff ff 50 ff 15 68 11 5f 71 56 8d 85 fc fe ff Stack dump: 00000080 bff77b14 71604004 00667000 0...

Error Occured Trying to Promote this email
This happens when trying to promote a email to CRM activity. Can anyone help? Bob ...

New User
Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 on XP Pro SP2 - all service packs updated. Attempted to setup a new user account on this system because previous employee has left and need new profile established. When attempt to setup email through Exchange and click 'Check Name' we get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program~1\Common~1\system\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.cpl' "@0" The new user account will work fine on another system on the network, so the problem is not with Exchange but with this local system. Have tried deleting the pro...

SQL Server (XML Data) Through ODBC to MS Access
Hello, In one database in my company. Previously the data in SQL Server, the tables were simple text and number formats and it was easy for me to link the data through ODBC to MS Access and I could do all sorts of queries and calculations, etc. But, now (after several months) I realize that the DBA and Programmer changed, the data in SQL Server to be XML Data Type in the new setup. In SQL Server. dbo.FlightDocuments Table docID, int docInfo, xml docLogs, xml and so on. and I see the data in Access (through ODBC) for one of the fields of the above table like this: ...

how do i show figures as words?
I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a cell, and there was another cell which must have contained a formula to show that figure in words (eg. for writing a cheque), does anybody out there know how to do this? It's probably really simple!! Cheers Carolyn See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E0BBB2-F03E-4383-8BA1-3F0F40AA52AB@microsoft.com... > I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a ce...

MS Excel does not interpolate empty cells
Trying to plot a contour map of a film thickness. The substarte is round. X/Y coordinates are not in a grid so the data table has several empty cells. Trying to use 'Tool/Options...', 'Chart' tab and selecting the 'Interpolate' radio button does nothing. The chart treats the empty cells as zero value. If it would interpolate I would be happy. I also tried this with a grid (square) X/Y table with a couple of empty cells and again, it did not interploate. If the cell contains a formula like =IF(A1=0,"",A1), then that cell is neither empty nor blank. I...

How do i insert a Address Bar kind of drop down list within MS Exc
Hi, I wonderr if anyone can tell me if i am able to insert into an excel spreadsheet an address bar drop down list (like in windows explorer) to view and select the necessary drives, and make this particular cekk work like a pointer to changing the default path of where my macro searches for a specific file. Thanks AT the end is some code that will browse and reset the folder, and use this code to add a button to your standard toolbar Dim oCtl As Object With Application.CommandBars("Standard") Set oCtl = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) oCtl.Caption =...

Publisher doc shuts down, no reason, cannot reopen. error
I work in Microsoft Publisher all the time with my publications. Today, my document shut down after saving and when I try to open it, I get a "cannot open Publisher file" message. Help! I have to get my newsletters out today! Thanks How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B4F44C3-02EF-4D86-AD96-95866109453C@microsoft.com... >...

XML Serialization : Error reflecting field.... #2

Misleading VS.NET 2003 error message
I got this error message compiler under VS.NET 2003 (no, I haven't tried it under 2005) ParseTrace.cpp i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2226: syntax error : unexpected type 'BOOL' i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' from the following class definition class AFX_EXT_CLASS StackTrace { public: StackTrace(BOOL pushing, TreeNode * n); // <= error was on this line ~StackTrace(); CString ToString(); }; Now try to guess what is wrong. What is wrong is that I forget to ...

Please help
Only one of my users (who us utilizing IE8) is getting the following error when creating a new Timesheet in PWA 'g_oMainForm_name' is null or not an object mytssummary.aspx Code: 0 URI:http://[project server]/mytssummary.aspx Many other folks are using Timesheets - some with IE8 - and it works fine. This is the only user so far who has reported this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, Maybe this will help: http://allfaq.org/forums/t/136987.aspx "anovak@unt.edu" wrote: > Only one of my users (who us...

Is there a style field in Word 2007?
In Word 2000, there was a field in one of the tool bars that showed the name of the style for the selected paragraph. Is there any way to get something like that back in Word 2007? I have the Quick Style Gallery, but it only shows a few styles. I'd like a field that shows the current style. You can add the Style box to the QAT from the Customize window. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sesquipedalian Sam" <sesquipod@nowhere.noway> wrote in message news:a5riq5ho7ohierknkesjg0p0tici...