Microsoft Word Starts Only in Safe Mode after Adobe Acrobat Instal

Microsoft Word will only start in Safe Mode ever since Adobe Acrobat was
installed.

It seems related to Adobe's automatic installation of toolbar objects in
both Outlook and Word.

Word reports that there were problems starting Word and tries to recover
documents.  It then wants to send an error message to Microsoft and then
refuses to open unless the Safe mode is chosen.

Anybody have this problem before?  Any ideas on what the resolution is?  I
have suggestions on how to remove the annoying Adobe toolbar objects, but no
suggestions on how to get Word to open in regular mode.

Aloha,
Bob

Is the version of Acrobat compatible with your Word version and is it fully
updated? If so - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Bob Stanfield" <BobStanfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft Word will only start in Safe Mode ever since Adobe Acrobat was
> installed.
>
> It seems related to Adobe's automatic installation of toolbar objects in
> both Outlook and Word.
>
> Word reports that there were problems starting Word and tries to recover
> documents.  It then wants to send an error message to Microsoft and then
> refuses to open unless the Safe mode is chosen.
>
> Anybody have this problem before?  Any ideas on what the resolution is?  I
> have suggestions on how to remove the annoying Adobe toolbar objects, but
> no
> suggestions on how to get Word to open in regular mode.
>
> Aloha,
> Bob

0
Graham

Microsoft Office 12 Ribbon Control
Does anyone know of a third-party component vendor that makes an MFC-based ribbon control? I've seen the .Net version of the ribbon from DevComponents (DotNetBar) but I'd like to have pure MFC code if possible. Eric The guys at www.codejock.com said they are working on one, but there is no ETA as to when it would be released. Tom "Eric Hill" <eric@ijack.net> wrote in message news:op.s4xn0gbdsqk0wa@wcerich-6223.pioneer.world... > Does anyone know of a third-party component vendor that makes an MFC-based > ribbon control? > > I've seen the .Net...

Word 2003 Problems
This is happening on 2 different computers: Word 2003 will not directly open a document from the desktop or the My Docs folder (or any folder). File - Open will open the file, but it can't be edited and the mouse won't work, you can't click in the file to go to a specific place in the document. I appreciate any help. You may want to check the "file association" or "file type" that .doc are associated to. Open for instance "My Documents" go to "tools" > "folder options" > "file types" and then s...

Opening Outlook notes in Word
I used to use my Palm software to crease "Memos." Now that I am synching my Treo with Outlook my memos are now "Notes." Problem is, now I can't view and edit my notes in MSWord. How can I convert an individual Outlook note into a Word document? It was simple with Palm: just drag it to the Word button. Please help! Copy and paste the the text into Word and then copy it back again when done editing. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &quo...

Problems using Outlook 2003 with Word as E-mail Editor
I am posting this question to both Outlook and Word newsgroups as it involves using both programs--composing e-mail messages in Outlook 2003 with "use Word as e-mail editor" selected. (Word is also version 2003, as are all my office products). When one has that option selected, one can choose to have the "Web Tools" toolbar in view. This toolbar adds some nice options (in an HTML-formatted e-mail message) like adding a sound, scrolling marquee text, or a video. (For instance, following is the URL on the Microsoft Office site about adding video: http://office.microsoft.com/...

what's the best way to convert a table in Excel to Powerpoint or WORD then PDF?
Hi all, How to convert Excel tables into an object with high quality which are suitable for presentation in Powerpoint or report in WORD then PDF format? Please give me some advice! Thank you! No need to do a conversion. Click on INSERT in the menu and select OBJECT. Click the CREATE FROM FILE option button and then browse to the correct folder and select the file you want to insert. Click OK twice to return to your application. If the file does not exist you can click the CREATE NEW option button, select the application document type and then start typing. -- Kevin Backmann "...

Help with Business Portal Instalation
Hello, good afternoon group I have a problem, when i'm trying to install the Business Portal, the program checks the requirements shown me that everything is fine, but the button NEXT does not enable me to continue, which may be happening? I need your help, please. Thanks, Yandy ...

Take a look at these important package from Microsoft Corporation
--jkqcbttwekjggnsq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="seeubmkagdiyw"; type="multipart/alternative" --seeubmkagdiyw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tkwbuuacscd" --tkwbuuacscd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help prot...

OL2000 .nick file and fresh install of OL2003
Have a user who's been running OL2000 under W98SE for the past few years, who extensively uses the autocomplete function. I have brand new pc's coming in that will all be loaded with XP and OL2003. Will do the ..pst file copy off the old system and then do the .pst copy onto the new system, etc, etc. Is it possible to utilize any of the cached infro from the .nick of the OL2000 system on the OL2003 install? I know you move from a .nick format to a .nk2 on the change, but not clear if you can save any of the old info, or if the user will have to start on a fresh build of cached nicknam...

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Problem with pick-list fields within views (Microsoft CRM).
Hi all I have experienced an identical issue at two Microsoft CRM sites which I am hoping people may be able to shed some light on. In short, when pick-list fields are displayed as columns in views, the values do not show on the screen. This appears to be the case for ALL pick-list fields, such as relationship type for account, role for contact, etc. For example, we have created an Account view that shows Account Name, Parent Account Name and Relationship Type. The account records display perfectly for Account Name and Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is comple...

Outlook 98 with Domain need to auto start and login
I need a method to start outlook 98 on reboot and have it login into the network and if possible hide the folder. This is an alarm sending pc with windows 2k and we use outlook for the email piece and need to make sure that outlook is started and logged in so that alarms can be sent out. The alarms are critical and if a reboot occurs off hours this needs to auto start. thanks in advance ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0
I'm surprised to be the first to comment on the outstanding application we saw demoed at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference this week. In a word, "Wow"... To all of you who have been hanging in there with what I'm sure MS would agree was a less than fully functional 1.x product, you are about to be rewarded... There are so many fantastic new features that I can't possibly cover them all here. Suffice to say, I believe that at least 90% of the shortcomings in the 1.2 product have been addressed, and some terrific new functionality has been added as well. Some...

RE: Apply that corrective package from the Microsoft Corporation
--sjosebajdyslksunv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ykyujmwylmk"; type="multipart/alternative" --ykyujmwylmk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bdvydmcuj" --bdvydmcuj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

Word and Excell Do Not Show Print Preview
I'm running MS Office Mac 2004 on two Intel Macs and one Non-Intel iMac and have upgraded all machines to Leopard. I don't know if it's coincidence or not but most of my Excel and Word docs on the Intel machines do not show correctly in Print Preview - warning shows, saying print is outside of margins - and so don't print properly. Everything else seems to be normal. I have re-installed Office on an external HD and it's exactly the same problem. All docs on the Non-Intel Mac work just fine. Any help to solve this would be most appreciated. Joe Have you checked for updated...

outlook and microsoft crm
has anyone integrated outlook with microsoft crm ? -- am planning to go to a microsoft seminar on this topic, http://www.tectura.com/Registration/CRMSeries/ but would rather save the time if anyone has done it before and can share some thoughts on this ...

Microsoft Office Professional 2007
Why does my copy show (non-commercial) and why are some people unable to open my documents? You have the Home and Student version of Office - hence the non-commercial branding. Word is functionally the same as other Word 2007 versions. The people who are unable to open your documents most likely are using an earlier version of Office, without the compatibility pack. Send them documents saved in Word 97-2003 document format. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MV...

Uninstalling MSCRM 1.2 and Re-installing
Hi, I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization Name. So I need to uninstall and re-install. Does anybody have additional documentation for this? I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml configuration file. Is this all I need to backup before I do the uninstall? Thanks, Do Hello Do, here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS CRM". But make sure that you have a complete Backup from all systems available. ---------- How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while leaving the data intact? Resolution The following procedure will retain your Mic...

Error in the installation of Portal Business
Good This text is translated by Power Tranlator. I am installing Business Portal and it indicates me the following message: An error ocurred while applying security setting. nt authority\network service is not valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to domain controller on the network, Check your network connection and retry, or cancel to end the install. Thank you for their help. ------=_NextPart_0001_75D3622C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! The following us...

Need to install Hotfix Kb975759
I am trying to install DPM 2010 RC1 and it says I am missing a hotfix kb975759 I go to the link for the hotfix and it mentions server 2008 but there is no download for anything but server 2003? I downloaded the last x64 hotfix thinking it might just be a typo but it will not install? I am running server 2008 sp1 with 32GB of RAM It might be that you've opened the hot fix link from Windows server 2003. Please try the following: 1. Open http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975759 2. Click View and request hotfix downloads 3. Click Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages...

New install Issue
Hi, I have just created a crm box following the instructions in the included ig.pdf, however i am not prompted to log into the site, i automatically get logged in to the site as admin. I am sure that it is an iis configuration issue, could anyone help me out on this one CRM uses a 'single sign' on method. Unless you change your IE Local Intranet settings, when you access the crm site, your logged on user profile will be used to log you into the application automatically. Since you installed the software as 'Administrator' crm automatically created the CRM System Adminis...

msnews.microsoft.com
OT: one of the few newsgroups I can get with msnews.microsoft.com Have they cut back on grouups. Can't get any Outlook groups at all. Thanks, Dick Dick Lewis wrote: > OT: one of the few newsgroups I can get with msnews.microsoft.com > Have they cut back on grouups. Can't get any Outlook groups at all. > > Thanks, > Dick > From a post here on 5/19/10.... I think it will answer your question. :) bj > What is Happening? > This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing > newsgroups and transitioning users...

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

Locked document in excel/word
I don't know why, suddenly all my Excel/Word documents are locked. cannot type anything, copy/paste anything and all the functions ar locked! I don't know the reason this thing happened... :confused: While Excel doesn't signify anything, in Word when I try to typ something it says: "The document is locked in order to be worked out (sorry if the expression is not the correct one, but I have the Gree version so this is just a translation..) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is this on your local machine or is it stored on a server? Are you using Novell cl...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Mobile 2008
Hi Can anyone tell me if Mobile 2008 is introduced for GP 10.0 yet? Thanks Janakiram ...

Displaying only the FIRST TWO WORDS of a field
I am writing a report that could get quite lengthy. Therefore, instead of displaying the entire description in a report, is there anyway of displaying just the first two words of the description. The format of the description field is "XXX <WordOfAnyLength>" where XXX is a fixed length of 3 characters, followed by a space. The next word can be any length. I would like to display the first two words in their entirety. Thanks. Try this expression in the query Field: TwoWords: LEFT([Description],Instr(5,[Description] & " "," ")) Short...