Microsoft Office Professional 2007

Why does my copy show (non-commercial) and why are some people unable to open
my documents?

You have the Home and Student version of Office - hence the non-commercial
branding. Word is functionally the same as other Word 2007 versions.

The people who are unable to open your documents most likely are using an
earlier version of Office, without the compatibility pack. Send them
documents saved in Word 97-2003 document format.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Lizzy49" <Lizzy49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does my copy show (non-commercial) and why are some people unable to
> open
> my documents?

0
Graham

Microsoft Money 2006 shuts down when i click on the "Bills" tab
Anyone have a problem similar to mine? It's a tad bit frustrating! I've tried reinstalling Money and tried repairing files. Nothing seems to work. I just saw this article in the knowledge base... maybe it will help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;900969 "Money 2006 unexpectedly quits without an error message when you click the Bills tab" "Blazio" wrote: > Anyone have a problem similar to mine? It's a tad bit frustrating! > > I've tried reinstalling Money and tried repairing files. Nothing seems > to work. &g...

Upgrading from Office XP/2002 to Office 2003
I have a WinXP Pro computer with Office XP(2002) installed, including FrontPage 2002. Office XP has performed flawlessly and has never given me any issues whatsoever (but I need to upgrade Outlook because my PST is too large) I just purchased Office 2003 Professional, which does not contain FrontPage 2003. Can anyone tell me if there would be problems upgrading Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access to Office 2003, but leaving FrontPage at 2002? Any warnings or advice on the upgrade? Thanks!!! No problem to do that at all -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup fo...

Outlook 2003, Office 2003 SP1, Now Cannot Access Public Folders
After applying the Office 2003 SP1, we can no longer access public folders. Get error: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." We had to uninstall the 2003 Office Suite and reinstall without the SP; then we can access Public Folders again, but the old issues reappear; like the clipart not showing, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks. Brenda Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus nam...

Starting Access 2007
I have Office 2007 Enterprise installed and Access used to work, but I now get the message can't find language DLL msain900.dll and the programme refuses to commence. I have tried to use safe mode as it suggests and also to repair the installation. i even tried to reinstall from the original DVD and that failed too. i use access all the time and this is just a great frustration. Can anyone hlep, please Try uninstalling first, and use a registry cleaner if you can find 1 for Windows 7. Here's one that I haven't used but I've heard good things about: http://www.c...

Outlook 2007 looks low resolution
I've had a problem where Outlook looks low-res. The icons aren't as clear as they normally are and it looks like they are in fewer colors. The screen resolution in Windows is the same as it always is (1024x768 32bit color). I know I Remote Desktop in and sometimes that is at a lower res, but I have since quit Outlook and restarted. No other applications are affected either (except Office-I tried Excel and same thing). Mike C, you wrote on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:21:23 -0700: > I've had a problem where Outlook looks low-res. The icons aren't as > clear as they normally a...

Excel 2007
Background: The issue is on a Vista system running Office 2007. The user is creating an excel workbook with 5-7 worksheets. The 1st 2 worksheets have 1000 - 6000 records, the rest of the sheets are graphs and charts that are created from those records. In one of the charts she is creating a dot diagram which has 1000-6000 dots plotted on it. Issue: The spreadsheet with the graphs are changing each time the document is closed and reopened (dots are changing locations) and the workbook is constantly becoming non-responsive. Please advise on what could be causing this issue. Thank you. ...

ACT! 2008
I am having problems creating templates in ACT! 2008 with word 2007 after creating the document , it wont give me the option of saving as .adt in word 2007 - i only have options to save as word documents/templates none of which show up in act If I'm reading your post correctly you are asking for help with the ACT product. Unfortunately this is a forum for Microsoft CRM and therefore can't answer your ACT questions. "gkny" wrote: > I am having problems creating templates in ACT! 2008 with word 2007 > > after creating the document , it wont give me the optio...

Opening "tasks" in Outlook 2007 hangs program
I use Office 2007 with Vista.. It worked OK until today when I synched with a Windows Mobile 5 device (that had old data..) Now I am stuck, each time I open Tasks, Outlook hangs. When I open Task Manager, Outlook's status is "Running" and it is using 50% of the CPU. When I End Outlook and reopen, it starts OK (after verifying the data..) and email works.. until I reopen tasks! Can anyone help? Thanks, Harrie ...

Replacing Microsoft Office Outlook 2000 with Microsoft Outlook 200
I receive error code 2908 when I try to install outlook 2007. The message gave me a way to contact PSS but that doesn't work. Should I remove 2000 before I install 2007? Thanks for your help. I need to move on - I get too many errors using 2000 anymore. -- tt TT wrote: > I receive error code 2908 when I try to install outlook 2007. The message > gave me a way to contact PSS but that doesn't work. Should I remove 2000 > before I install 2007? Thanks for your help. I need to move on - I get too > many errors using 2000 anymore. Remove 2000 first. Alias &qu...

Word 2007
Hi, I have installed word 2007, if i click the doc file, the word 2007 is not opening directly. its tells the error that your file in in error and not a valid win32 file.But the new file which i created by word 2007 its opening. Old file only is getting error. Before that i installed MS works. Thanks karthick wrote: >Hi, >I have installed word 2007, if i click the doc file, the word 2007 is not >opening directly. its tells the error that your file in in error and not a >valid win32 file.But the new file which i created by word 2007 its opening. >Old file on...

2007 Chart font
How do I change the font for the header of the Data Table? Its set up so on the axis on the left it says 2006, 2007, and 2008. The axis along the top has 17, 22, 50. The boxes have the total number of times 17 22 and 50 were used in each year. I would like to change the font for the 17, 22, and 50 since its the same size as the number of times they were used, and doesn't stand out at all. Can this be done? Thanks! ...

shouldn't office 2000 come with Publisher?
I thought office 2000 came with publisher, but its nowhere on the disk Take a look here.. http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/2000/default.asp -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows Shell/User "spiritmagick" <spiritmagick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C5B712-7649-493D-A3E5-A097E4FE7A84@microsoft.com... >I thought office 2000 came with publisher, but its nowhere on the disk Not all of the editions did, as you've seen. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "spiritmagick" <spiritmagick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

forwarding internet e-mail in office xp
Since I upgraded to office XP, if I get an e-mail from an internet source and want to forward it our "all" account which includes everyone in the office, it get returned. This does not happen on the Office 2002 machines, only on the Office XP machines. No other problems with e-mail exist. Office XP includes Outlook 2002 - what are the actual versions of Outlook? Look in help | about. What is the exact text of the NDR (non delivery report)? Is your Exchange server handling *all* your mail or are you using Internet mail in Outlook? 1stBill wrote: > Since I upgraded to off...

Sending Publisher newsletter via Outlook 2007 screws up formatting
I have been sending out monthly newsletters as email created in Publisher 2003. These look great in Outlook 2003. However, I recently installed Office 2007 and now the Publisher emailed newsletters (both Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2007) look terrible in Outlook 2007. I have tried everything I could. I have even created the newsletter on one of my machines that is still running Office 2003. The Publisher newsletter looks perfect when viewing it in Outlook 2003 but terrible when viewing it in Outlook 2007. How do I fix this? Suggest you make your newsletter a pdf file and attach i...

Microsoft Money 2004-Signin with hotmail.com passport no longer wo
Hello all -- I have Microsoft Money 2004 and recently, I've not been able to sign-in with my Passport Signin name and password. I keep getting the error "The sign-in attempt for PASSPORTEMAIL@hotmail.com was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again. however, I can get into my hotmail.com email account with that password, and I can also use passport on other web sites. Any ideas why this is happening? It used to work -- but not it just doens't. In microsoft.public.money, Blake wrote: >Hello all -- >I have Microsoft Money 2004 and recently, I&...

Excel 2003 versus Excel 2007 calculation speed
I'm running an interesting test on a PC of Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. I ran a Monte Carlo simulation in Excel 2003. The workbook has 50 input cells (cells where random values per distributions are input) and 200 calculation (formula) cells. So, it is basically a small workbook. No conditional formatting. No charts. The VBA code calculates random values per distributions and puts into the input cells. The workbook is then recalculated and the values of the input and output cells (20 of the formula cells) are recorded. Only cell values are recorded - formatting is not set on ...

Help with Compile Error in Excel Office 2003
I am not an expert user but I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a spreadsheet that I have used for some time is giving me the following error:- Compile error in hidden module: DistMon It allows me to carry on and the spreadsheet still seems to work but it is obviously a nuisance. Can anyone help me out here? -- ..... Julian Cann Brisbane Australia Julian, This involves Acrobat, see... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410 Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Julian Cann" <julianREMOVETHIScann@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1cba...

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

Microsoft Works Suite 2006
I recently purchased a new copy of Works Suite 2006, (I know it's new because I broke the plastic wrapper. It has the license on the back of the case.) I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows XP Pro. for an un-related problem. All my other programs re-loaded fine. Works Suite 2006 refuses to do anything except make the green light on my cd unit glow. The person I bought it from says it sounds like I'm missing some drivers or software. I tried to correct this with a re-install but it didn't help. Anybody have any ideas what's wrong? Thanks johnalangmi wrong g...

office trial
wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock to different internet server but keep getting error message. Office trial was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user "tottenham hotspur" wrote: > wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time > correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock > to different internet se...

Exchange 2007 Relaying
Hello I have a problem with an exchange Server 2007. There is a blackbox in the net. This box need to be able to send E-Mails to reciepients outside the Organisation. I need to know how i enable relaying for one IP Adress in the net without Authentication. In Exchange 2003 i knew it. But on the 2007 i cant find it. Please help. Best regards Daniel Exchange Server 2007: How To Allow Relaying http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/01/exchange-server-2007-how-to-allow.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog -----------------------------...

I have an Outlook 2007 CD/not sure if all 3 product keys are used
Is there a way to tell if all 3 licenses have been installed/used/registered? We have labeled all of our other Office Product CDs, but this one doesn't have a label. Is there anywhere to enter the product key to see if it has been used? Vicki K wrote: > Is there a way to tell if all 3 licenses have been installed/used/registered? > We have labeled all of our other Office Product CDs, but this one doesn't > have a label. Is there anywhere to enter the product key to see if it has > been used? Outlook does not come in a "three key" version. ...

Help Office Rules don't work consistantly
Why is it some rules just won't work in automatic mode? I have a rule set up in my Outlook (2002) to check mail when it comes in and if the email sources matches a contact in the outlook contacts folder, it should move the message to a outlook folder. The rule doesn't work on it's own, but if I run it manually, it works flawlessly. I have several other rules defined and they all work just fine. There are no stops or anything else in other rules that would prevent the rule from running. I don't get it! Outlook is running under XP and connected to and Exchange server a...

Using Presenter View with Powerpoint Viewer 2007
I have a presentation that I will be giving at a conference. Rather than taking my large laptop, I would like to present on a netbook. The presentation works fine using the viewer (it is saved as a slide show). The one thing I can't seem to determine is if I can use presenter view with the viewer. I tried saving the slide show with presenter view turned on. My netbook does support multiple monitors, so it should not be a hardware issue. I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks! No, you can't use Presenter View with the Viewer. You need PPT itself to use P...

Can't open message attachment in Outlook 2007
Recently if I am getting Outlook message attached to a mail I can't open it. I don't have any other problems with other attachments formats. I also can't open the message if I save it to local folder first and then open it. Your help will be appreciated! danideen@gmail.com <danideen@gmail.com> wrote: > Recently if I am getting Outlook message attached to a mail I can't > open it. I don't have any other problems with other attachments > formats. > I also can't open the message if I save it to local folder first and > then open it. Google Desktop ...