mail merge with word 2007 and a riso

I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso.
all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I
try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens.  It works on word
2003 but not the new version.  can anyone help?

Can you merge to a new document?
If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split
that document to the printer as separate jobs

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a
' mailmerge as a separate file.
'
Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
Counter = 1
While Counter < Letters
    ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _
    From:="s" & Format(Counter), to:="s" & Format(Counter)
    Counter = Counter + 1
Wend
End Sub

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

stephenryan50 wrote:
> I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a
> riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks
> good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing
> happens.  It works on word 2003 but not the new version.  can anyone
> help?

0
Graham

How to find a particular word?
Hello, everybody! I have a dictionary that I created in excel and that is becoming too large to find particular words. I have one problem with finding. I want to find, for example, 'vision,' but it finds all words containing 'vision,' i.e. division, divisional, visionary, provision, etc. What I need is that I want to find only the word 'vision' in order not to waste time, finding unrelated words, as mentioned above. Is there any solution to it? Please help me. Thanks in advance. Jack Hit Ctrl+F.From Find window click on 'Options'. Make s...

Merge and Center button #2
On the formatting toolbar my Merge and Center button is grayed out. Not sure why. My spreadsheet contains text, and formulas. Is there something I did to make this button unavailable? Thanks, Tricia Gall Well, I figured this out. I had my workbook shared. Once I turned off sharing, the merge and center button was available. "gall" wrote: > On the formatting toolbar my Merge and Center button is grayed out. Not sure > why. My spreadsheet contains text, and formulas. Is there something I did > to make this button unavailable? > > Thanks, > Tricia Ga...

Mail merge 03-25-10
Hi , I am doing a mail merge, on e for the fields is a weight which displays as ..425. When i do the merge this field displays as .4251111333300000 or similar. Cheers -- Nenagh That's binary arithmetic for you. If column E is a formula use the ROUND Fuction Say =ROUND(AVERAGE(B3:B6),3) If the data is imported use a helper column and Round the value in say, E2. =ROUND(E2,3) and use this column in the Merge. Alternatively, I seem to remember that you can format a Word Merge field but I can't remember how it is done. You should get an answer in the Word forums....

Certain email receipents not getting mail from me
I have a Toshiba (Vista OS)laptop with Outlook 2007 installed, also a desktop (XPSP2) with 2007. Same Address book. Same email account, however not connected at the same time. Wife has XPSP2 Desktop with 2007 installed. There are 2 COX.NET accounts that can't receive new or reply messages from the laptop, but can from my desktop. In testing from laptop, I (forwarded & new) cc&multiple addressed to the 2 addresses plus wife. Wife got messages but nothing at the COX.NET addresses (on the phone with the COX.NET target). Wife can receive email and forward to the COX.NET accoun...

Redirect my mail to another address
Hello, I have an Exchange 5.5 server and I use Outlook 2000 to view my mails. I wish to redirect my mails to another address while my absences. If I have understand, I can do that on Outlook 2000 but I don't find the correct function. Is someone knows anything about that ? Thank You. You're better off doing all of this in Exchange, create a custom recipient and then forward to that, check out http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q255697 "Slasher" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:c1cn3h$mle$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, > > I have an ...

Issues connecting to mail server
Hello, I can access my company's mail server using a thin client version of Outlook 2003. I cannot connect to the mail server however when using Outlook 2003 thick client on my machine. All of the settings on my thick client appear correct and are the same as other people in the company are using, and they have no problems. Any thoughts about what I might try to get my thick client connection to work? Thanks. -Jeff ...

How to set up windows mail account.
From: "fernanda fernandes" <fernandafernandes@exemplo.com.br> Subject: ola Date: Monday, March 22, 2010 3:06 PM "Maxine Hunter" <maxshunter@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eiqcKxjyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > From: "fernanda fernandes" <fernandafernandes@exemplo.com.br> > Subject: ola > Date: Monday, March 22, 2010 3:06 PM > > ...

Can't insert new column in Excel 2007
A colleague of mine extracts data via a Microsoft query into Excel. When he opens the file and simply tries to insert a new column, the new column momentarily appears and then disappears. He never had the problem in Excel 2003, only 2007. The worksheet is not protected. There are more than enough columns and rows (the data only occupies 75 columns and 1000 rows), and there are no merged or hidden rows. He emailed the file to me and I could freely add in additional columns and rows, without any restriction - very puzzling. Anyone have a fix ? Since you're seeing the new column (al...

Upgrade Path
I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007 Professional with a retail price around $600. Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost? The majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch to Server. -- PMP MCTS MS Project 2007 Terrie: I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpe...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Junk Mail Pictures Display Briefly Despite Being Blocked
I've noticed that some pictures in Junk Mail display briefly before being replaced with the "Right-click here to download pictures" message. In many cases, these messages are UCE (Spam) and the images contain advertisements. My concern is that the images being displayed may actually be hosted on an external server where statistics can be collected on how many times the image is viewed (which indicates how many views the campaign had). ...

Converting equations into easy-to-understand words?!
Hi, Is there a piece of software that I could feed a long excel equation to - and get back a response in plain english as to what it's doing?! ...

Entering Excel information into MS Word
I currently have 2 files, 1 of which is a MS Excel spreadsheet and the other a MS Word document. I have a large range of cells in my spreadsheet that I would like to copy into the MS Word document, but I'm having a few problems. First of all, I do not want to do any linking from the Word doc to the Excel spreadsheet. I want the Word doc to basically work by itself without having to link to the spreadsheet. I tried using the Paste Special option but that didn't work the way I would have liked. The excel info gets copied fine, but then the info is converted into a Table and all of...

Recipient Policy & E-mail Address
I have E2K3 with SP2. I created recipient policy that purges deleted messages older than 7 days. This has been working since I created it. 3 weeks ago I applied SP2. Could this be the reason? Is there any reason it does not work? Nothing was changed. Please help. We changed our domain name so I have a new e-mail address now. How can I update my e-mail address here in the forum? Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO Did you reapply the policiy? -- Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n MVP Exchange 2006 ---- "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:681A16B7-9D3F-4FA...

All rules suddenly have errors (2007)
This has been happening to me a LOT lately: For no reason, all of my rules stop working. They all show errors, and are turned off (unchecked). I close outlook, wait a few minutes, open it back up, boom - no more errors. But their still all turned off, and I have to go one by one and turn them on again. They work for awhile, then next day, they stop again. Sometimes I have to go through all of them and re-enter which destination folder they should go to, etc etc. This is driving me nuts. What can I do? Which mail account type are you using? Do you open this pst-file o...

How do I merge two cells without deleting data from the cell?
I'm highlighting two cells in the same row, hitting format cells, alignment, merge cells and I'm getting the error message, "The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only." I want to be able to make the two seperate cells one without deleting anything and without having to cut and paste. You can't, you can concatenate 2 cells into one by using a formula and ampersand =A1&" "&B1 however stay away from merging cells, always cause more problems than what it's worth and layout wise ...

Moving contacts to Word from Outlook 2002
Using Outlook & Word 2002. When I try to address an envelope in Word, the contacts from Outlook are not moved over. How do I connect the two? Thanks for any suggestions. are you using the address book icon in word? What teps are you doing and exactly what happens? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

E-mail does not appear until hours later? exchange2000/outlook2003
Setup Windows 2000 sp4 Exchange 2000 sp3 with latest security update Symantec Antivurs Enterprise Edition with mail Security 4.5 for MS exchange --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just migrated users over to office 2003 from office 2000. Now some of my users are having issues with outlook 2003 not showing some e-mail messages until hours later. Steps taken: Verfied times in each e-mail header, no delays Changed Send/Recieve Settings so that a automatic send/recieve is done every 3 minutes. Verified Tools - options - Mail setup - Send immedit...

Mail relay #4
Our server was being used as an open relay which has now been fixed. The problem we have now is that every message sent to a hotmail account is sent to the hotmail accounts junk mail folder. How can I remove our domain/server off the hotmail spam list wayne If they have listed you, you will need to contact them directly. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:13:22 +0100, "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote: >Our server was being used as an open relay which has now been fixed. The >problem we have now is that every message sent to a hotmail account is sent >to the hotmail ...

Want to use key words to locate essays
Basic proposition. We are trying to use keywords to locate relevant essays. Could I have a column which includes the keywords and within that column I could do a search for those rows which possess all the keywords? ie Each essay is allocated keywords by us. Keywords could be: speed, engineering, power etc etc etc Could I then do a search on a column which could include those keywords (in any order)? The resulting search would only show those relevant rows. Hope this makes sense. A spreadsheet seems a strange choice for this. Is there more to the task? Yes you can search by words in...

Debugging does not work
The inventory db was initially created in Access 2003 and when debugging, everything worked as expected. Code stopped at stop commands, code stopped at a line of code that caused an error if error trapping was written. I could step into and out of code, and over code. Since I started using Access 2007, this is no longer the case. I am unable to perform any of these functions. Does anyone have words of wisdom on the issue? Thanks, John Ruff On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:25:31 -0800, "John Ruff" <papparuff@comcast.net> wrote: Is your database in a Trusted Loca...

Can't open word attachments in Outlook
I'm running Outlook 2003 and am having problems opening some Word attachments in Outlook. It comes up with an error message that states 'Word experienced an error opening this file' - the suggestions are to check for file permission, sufficient free memory or open the file in test recovery. I have resent the email to another computer and was able to open the file with success. Can anyone please offer any suggestions as to why this is happening? It is an intermittant problem, I am able to open some word attachments. I have downloaded the latest service packs and my com...

Developer menu in Access 2007
Dear all, I have installed Access 2007 Developer Extension, but I can't find developer menu in Access 2007. Before that, I have installed file office_kb935521_fullfile_x86_glb.exe and office_kb936519_fullfile_x86_glb.exe. Where I can find Developer menu ? Thanks. Chlaris You get to it through the Office button. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23BslmnL2HHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I have installed Access 2007 Developer Ex...

E-mail editor
Outlook 2002 When I open to send a new e-mail message, I get: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either bust or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I've done: TOOLS>OPTIONS>MAIL FORMAT>USE WORD TO EDIT E-MAIL but it doesn't stick! I've tried with Word open or not. I get the same response on my desktop & laptop. What am I doing wrong??? What SP level is Office at? I seem to recall that one of the last SPs = for Office XP fixed this issue. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...