Mail lMerge

Sorry folks.   I asked a question and went to the hospital for a while and
the question expired.

I have an address list in excel 2007 and am using word 2007.  In my address
list I have a code column which should allow the selection of addresses to
put on labels.   I used to have a query section what allows for that but I
cannot find query any more.  can anyone help me?
charles

0
charles

Questions here never expire, though it may become difficult to find the
answer. The previous post received one reply, from Doug Robbins, as follows:

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm

and  "Mail Merge with Word 2007":

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"charles arnett" <cjarnett1@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> Sorry folks.   I asked a question and went to the hospital for a while and
> the question expired.
>
> I have an address list in excel 2007 and am using word 2007.  In my
> address list I have a code column which should allow the selection of
> addresses to put on labels.   I used to have a query section what allows
> for that but I cannot find query any more.  can anyone help me?
> charles

0
Suzanne
3/7/2010 11:42:28 PM
That is a big help but I still could not find one thing.  In versions of
Word prior to 2007, I could "query" a column and only use that field if the
"query" responded.   Is that still in there?
charles

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Questions here never expire, though it may become difficult to find the
> answer. The previous post received one reply, from Doug Robbins, as
> follows:
>
> See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
> Mayor's
> website at:
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm
>
> and  "Mail Merge with Word 2007":
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "charles arnett" <cjarnett1@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry folks.   I asked a question and went to the hospital for a while
>> and the question expired.
>>
>> I have an address list in excel 2007 and am using word 2007.  In my
>> address list I have a code column which should allow the selection of
>> addresses to put on labels.   I used to have a query section what allows
>> for that but I cannot find query any more.  can anyone help me?
>> charles

0
charles

E-mail router 05-26-06
Anybody knows how can I use E-mail routing capability with some CRM deployment and one exchange server? Please, give exact answer how can I do this. I heard that it's possible but I have no idea how to implement this... ...

Outlook 2002 to not include an e-mail account when sending
In Outlook 2000 there was a checkbox ineach e-mail account's settings to 'not include account' or something like that. This was useful as you could store accounts that were not frequently needed by selecting this option. I cannot find where this option has gone in Outlook 2002. How do I not include an account? Or, for instance, how do I send via a local smtp server account occasionally without having to use that account to receive mail also. If the account is included then I must enter a POP account and then receive 2 e-mails - one from the genuine account and one fr...

Duplicated incoming mails
Hello, I receive duplicated emails in my inbox. Lots of the mails I receive have identical copies, although there is a difference: one them is in plain text format the other one is in html. I am using Outlook and the Exchange server is 2000. Does anyone know what the reason is for this and what setting can stop this? I searched the knowledge base but have not found anything. Same thing, Do you have SP1 & SP2? >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I receive duplicated emails in my inbox. Lots of the >mails I receive have identical copies, although there is >...

On Behalf Mails
Though assigning necessary permissions on a mail box i am unable to send mail on behalf of that mailbox. giving yourself "Full Mailbox" rights does not give you "Send As" or "Send on Behalf of" Rights. For "Send As" rights, you will need to go into the security tab of AD (not the mailbox rights area) and give your self "Send As" rights. If you want to just have "Send on Behalf of" rights go to the Exchange General tab, click on Delivery Options, and add yourself to the list there. If you still can't send you may need to update ...

vista mail
how do i highlight text in vista mail ? "basic mail privacy" wrote in message news:4A216295-0513-422F-B339-6A6FE7E7A468@microsoft.com... > how do i highlight text in vista mail ? How do you highlight it in any application? Vista Windows mail is the old Outlook Express and not part of Office and not covered here in this forum. Try Windows Live Mail since that has more options. "VanguardLH" wrote: > "basic mail privacy" wrote in message > news:4A216295-0513-422F-B339-6A6FE7E7A468@microsoft.com... > > how do i highlight text in vista mail ? ...

retrieving the deleted mails in outlook2003
In MS Outlook 2003 is there any feature to retrieve the deleted mails. Is any way afterpermenent delete also. "Outlook2003" <Outlook2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546FC77A-4EDC-47A5-9845-0EBD9827AB8A@microsoft.com... > In MS Outlook 2003 is there any feature to retrieve the deleted mails. Is > any > way afterpermenent delete also. Sure. Restore the message from one of the frequent backups you make. If you're using a PST and don't make backups, then you should consider the permanently deleted message gone forever. Your only hope...

IMAP Mail Issue
We are using IMAP mail and Outlook will lock and wait to download any mail I highlight. Any ideas? ...

Saving mails in Access
I want to store the mails I receive in Outlook 2003 in Access 2003. I am able to capture all the attributes of the email including body in diffterent fields in the database but my requirement needs to store whole mail as an object in the database. I have created a table with field with datatype "OLE Object", but to capture the mail in that field, I have first manually store the mail in a physical location, then manually from the table I have to insert the mail to the field. My question can we automate the same directly from outlook without saving in the any folder(even temporarily)....

Can't send e-mail or access to my Inbox e-mails.
This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server: 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please let me know what do I have to do. Thanks! Regards, Jannie Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down ...

mail domain connection
I have a question on exchange 2003. I currently use a 5.5 server and it is setup to send mail to another mail server. For example, if mail comes in for our regular email user@domain.com it stays within exchange 5.5. But if it is attempting to deliver to user@server.domain.com, echange 5.5 routes it to that server.domain.com. This is setup under IMS>connections tab>email domain My question is how do I set this up under 2003? Thanks, ...

Outlook not sending mails via Exchange Server
Hello, I wonder if anyone can guide me on this problem.. I have a client with an SBS2003 setup As far as i can tell it is pretty much ' straight out of the box' at least that is how I'm told it was set up a few years ago. Normally, It sends and receives mail via SMTP with all the MX records pointing to it. Recently, one of the not so tech guys that work there tried to set up a couple of Vista business PCs and that was when the trouble started. At first, they could send but not receive, then I investigated the bounce messages and determined that the 5.1.4 error code was referr...

mail download error message
------------------------------------------- cliff2noronha[delete]@gmail.com cliff2noronha@gmail.com Friday, July 30, 2004 2:14 AM After a year of successful Outlook performance, I suddenly encountered the below error message and have been unable to download my POP3 mail from my comcast broadband cable ISP. All account settings are unchanged as before. I'm going nuts job-hunting without email. Please help me !! Internet E-Mail -- Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network pr...

Multiple e-mail domains
I have a MS Exchange 2000 server with two e-mails domains, I know that in Exchange you have to designate one e-mail address(domain)as default for replying. My question is: Is it possible to change the default domain so you can reply through the domain of your choice through Outlook? Yes, it's done in ADUC on the Exchange server. Or you might want to see www.ivasoft.biz for an add-in that will let you pick the from address on the fly. Thane wrote: > I have a MS Exchange 2000 server with two e-mails > domains, I know that in Exchange you have to designate > one e-mail address...

Control ammount of addressees within a mail message through Exchange System Policies
Hi, Is it possible to limit the number of adressees within System Manager -- System Policies? We have some domains that are possibly being blacklisted from having too many recipients. -T in Global Settings, Message Delivery, Recipient Limits... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Nino_1" <facciabruta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140735442.105717.291190@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to limit the number of adressees within System Manager > -- System Policies? > We have some domains that are possibly being blacklisted from having > too ...

How can revert back Windows Live Mail ext .eml to Outlook Exp .dbx
After updating my PC Microsoft Security Bulletin Major Revisions Issued: November 24, 2009 all my saved Outlook Express documents with extension ..dbx were changed to Windows Live Mail extension .eml. How can i revert it back to Outlook Express extension .dbx? I don't like to use Windows Live Mail ! Rodriguez Peña Try this: http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/eml "Rodriguez Peña" <RodriguezPea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B2AB0B7-6781-4FE0-AA3B-A9EAAD507E16@microsoft.com... > After updating my PC Microsoft Security Bulle...

Re: PJ dans windows Mail
"enrique payan" <enrique15865@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias news:... > > "mucher j" <jph37@free.fr> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias > news:%23U7tj8OTKHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> Comment faire pour supprimer les PJ d'un message re�u apr�s les avoir >> enregistr�es? >> >> Merci de votre r�ponse. > ...

Using Outlook for Internet Mail
I just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook. I have set Outlook as my default e-mail client in Internet Explorer but if I click on an e-mail address on a web site, it starts OE to send the message instead of Outlook. How do I set it up to only use Outlook to send messages from the e-mail links? I am using Windows XP Pro, w/ Outlook 2000. ...

e-mail with bookmarks
Is it possible to create an e-mail with bookmarks or tags within the e-mail so that when someon clicks on say a title at the top of the e-mail it will take them to another location within the same e-mail message? Susan, if you're using Word as your e-mail editor, you can use Word's built-in features to insert bookmarks and hyperlinks. Just insert a bookmark (Insert > Bookmark) at any point in the message, then create a hyperlink to that bookmark (Insert > Hyperlink > Place in this document > select bookmark). -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks&quo...

Deleted E-mails #2
I trying to find out if there is a way to retreive permanently deleted E-mails in Outlook Express. Thanks in advance for your help. Art A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5....

Outlook mail folder on a network
Hi Everyone, Does any one knows how to make the mail folder of outlook express 6 to be created on a network server. It's not allwing me to choose a folder on a network when I first configure it. TY This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.pub...

Configuring OE 2k3 for sending a mail at a later time ?
hello, I'm trying to see if there is a way of sending a mail at a later time after composing instead of sending rightaway. Once I compose a mail, i should be able to send the mail at a specific time. Say for example, if i composed a mail at 6pm, which is after office working hours, then I want the mail to be sent the next day at 9am or later. Is that possible??? I browsed the internet and found this link but it has been of no help for me. http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2004/09/22/send-your-mail-later/ My OS is XP/SP2, Outlook Express 2003/SP3. Thanks in advance. I stand co...

mail problem #2
i used sbs03. i had an external pop3 server. i used pop3 connector for connecting to external pop3 mail server and routed that mails to local exchage mail boxwes. it working fine when i retrieve mails. i registered an domain name as example.com my exchange server domain is ns1.example.com when i registered domain i got email address like. sujith@example.com in my exchage i had the mail id as sujith@ns1.example.com when i am sending mails from my exchange outlook it is going as sujith@ns1.smartsoft.co.in address. then when a person who got my mail replies me. my emailid is sujith@ns1.sma...

Filter old mails for all the organization
I want some tool that acts at the server level for filtering(and = eventually cleaning) old mails(date determined by me) from the IS. is there anything like this? Sure mailbox manager polices can do this. http://www.windowsitpro.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/6253/6253.html explains how... "Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message news:%23Fz94MrNFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... I want some tool that acts at the server level for filtering(and eventually cleaning) old mails(date determined by me) from the IS. is there anything like this?...

Is is possible to make Exchange 5.5 relay mail using SMTP?
I am currently in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. I would like to have 5.5 send mail to other 2003 Exchange Servers in the orginization via SMTP rather than X.400. Is this possible? How can I accomplish this. Thank You. Why you do you need 5.5 to do that ? you can configure your Exchange 2003 to do that , you can confiugre SMTP connectors between your exchange servers to deliver internal emails if you don't want to you X.400. Regards Alaa Alian Al-Ankar Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

cannot send new mail from Outlook 2002
After doing a Microsoft update from the support site, my Outlook 2002 changed!!! When I click "new" to send a new email message, I no longer have the option of checking "Mail Message." It's gone! I also am unable to get on the Internet. I am on a small Windows 2003 network, and we are all connected via LAN. I can get on the file server and read and send email, but I have uninstalled and installed Outlook at least 5 times, as well as the whole Office 2000 Suite several times. Yes, this really sounds strange. Has anyone heard of this? I think it has somet...