lost graph after convert PDF

I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at
all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost
after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated.

sand

Hi,

Is your graph connected to a spreadsheet in excel? Make sure that your graph
is using values from your Word Document(it may fix the problem).

On the other hand, you can try copying and pasting the image onto paint and
export it to word as an image(this will be a temporary easy fix but it will
do the job if you are on a deadline).

Hope this helps,
Vicente Tulliano

"sand" wrote:

> I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at
> all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost
> after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated.
>
> sand
thanks, vttotal. The graphs were created in different programs, but they were
all copied by the function of "insert screen clipping" in "MS OneNote".
Strangely, even the text box I created in Words document disappear after
converted to PDF. I recopied the graphs and text box into a new document, it
failed again. However, if I recopied original graphs from OneNote that I had
left over there, it works! There must be something weird happened for the
graphs after I copied earlier and the text boxes. Any clue because I have so
many graphs and some of them already deleted from OneNote?

sand

"vttotal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is your graph connected to a spreadsheet in excel? Make sure that your graph
> is using values from your Word Document(it may fix the problem).
>
> On the other hand, you can try copying and pasting the image onto paint and
> export it to word as an image(this will be a temporary easy fix but it will
> do the job if you are on a deadline).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Vicente Tulliano
>

> "sand" wrote:
>
> > I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at
> > all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost
> > after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated.
> >
> > sand

How do I convert a number to a date format
I accedentally changed a column of dates to numbers, and now need to convert the serialized numbers back into dates... any ideas? can't you just reformat the #'s to dates -- duan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1162 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26822 Right click on the cell, choose Format Cells, choose the Number tab, choose Date, find the way you want the date displayed, then OK. "CTausch" wrote: > I a...

Text Converted to a Picture
I am having the following problem i have text that was entered into an excel speadsheet that now has been converted into a picture. I need to know how i can un-convert it so i can make modifications to the text. ...

Converting a column of cells to change the text to be capitalized.
I have a user who has a column of names, which are currently all typed in lowercase. It is necessary to have all this data in capital letters. Is it possible to have excel automatically convert all the names in that column to capital letters, without having to type each name over again. Thanks, any help is appreciated. Hi Clayton! If they are all names: Insert a column to the right Use: =UPPER(A1) [Or whatever is the first cell to the left] Copy down Select the new data Copy Edit > Paste Special > Values Delete the old data But I really don't know what I hate most; all uppe...

Possible to convert a + number to a
Is it possible to take a specific column and specific row, in an access database (Access 2003), and convert that positive number into a negative number? Please let me know if you have any information. Also, if you need more information to answer this question, please don't hesitate to ask. -- MC Yes, find the row based on its primary key and then multiply the number by -1 CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "UPDATE myTable SET myField = myField * -1 WHERE myKey = " & lngKey -Dorian "MMC" wrote: > Is it possible to take a specific column and specific r...

Converting Hours into Days
Hi, I have a number of task listed. For each task a certain number of hours have been assigned. The input of hours is done by Time(H,M,S) formula and formatted as [h]:mm:ss. After adding up the total hours for all the task, I would like to convert it into mandays. Is there any formula or method to do so. It is assumed that one manday/working day is of 8 hours. For eg. 96 hours 45 minutes is to be converted to 12.093 days. How do I convert with a formula since the hours are subject to change and hence I need the Mandays depending on the total hours. Regards Sandip. Multiply by 24 and di...

Re: A few questions from A Quicken Convert...
I have seen answers for 2 & 3 but does anyone know if there is a way to get reports/summarys/Home screen on PocketPC to show current balance rather than ending balance? Thanks for those that replied to 2 & 3. Don. "Don Deacon" <ddeacon@xaera.com> wrote in message news:... > I recently switched over from Quicken to Money 2003 and have a few > questions: > > 1) In reports and summarys (on home screen and Pocket Money for example) > it's shows the ending balances rather than the current balances. This is a > bit of a pain for me and I was wondering...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

Converting cells
Hello! My problem is that I cannot see the $ sign in Format Cell window when I choose the Currency format. Even more, the cells are not changing for the currency format. Thanks for any help. Try making a custom format. Try this one: $#,##0.00;[Red]-$#,##0.00 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How do I graph a melting point calibration curve?
I have a theoretical values of three compunds and I got experimental values. I am trying to graph them and it does not work Here are the values of temp: EXPERIMENTAL: x-axis 80 C 109.5 127.5 THEORETICAL: y-axis 80 109.5 132.7 I cannot graph these values. Does anybody have any suggestions? What do you mean when you say "I cannot graph these values"? What did you try, and what happened that you did not like? Are all of the values numeric? "80 C" looks like it is likely text. Jerry "NANCY" wrote: > I have a theoretical val...

does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a work sheet
does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel You could use OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image to text that could then be loaded into cells. My experience with OCR software has not been entirely satisfactory. Unless this is a large sheet, it may be easier to retype. Jerry bigjoe44 wrote: > does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel ...

bar graph question
Hello everyone, I have data with 5 variables for 10 countries, and I have made horizontal bar graph for each variable (so 5 graphs). This data i linked to another page, and it is divided by variable within the sheet For example, the format is: Country Variable 1 US ### China ### India ### UK ### Country Variable 2 US ### China ### India ### UK ### There is a macro that sorts each of this mini-tables, and then eac graph draws from its respective variable table. The same 10 countrie are in each table, but they are not in the sam...

Lost all cashiers
Not really sure what happened tonight... one of my employees ran the z report. When she did, she got a message that POS "Synchronized the database". When she tried to log out it said that the cashier could not be found. She shut everything down and when I tried to bring everything back up, the system couldn't find any registers which I fixed that doing a qry. However, now it says that the cashier can't be found. By best guess is that there was a glitch and the system syncd the database with the offline database which didn't have any cashers (is that how that wor...

Report Writer, which function to convert amount to string ?
In the Report Writer, i need to convert the amount or total amount field content and convert its format and store into the calculated field which is in string format. Please advise me which function I can use to convert it to string and this will then combine/join with other calculated fields (string format). Many Thanks in advance. Hi, in GP Report Writer, you can use the System-Defined Function CUR_STR(). Just pass the any currency field to the function on any calculated field of type string. You can then use concatenate operator to combine this new field with any string f...

Huge file size after converting to pdf
We converted a publisher file to pdf and the file size went from 17 Mb to 83 Mb. This may be an acrobat question, but what experience has everyone had converting to pdf? Thanks, TM Well, if you are linking graphics in Pub rather than imbedding them (linking is best) then your Pub file size will be small compared to a high rez PDF (print or press optimized) because the PDF contains all graphics and fonts. If you are PDFing for the web, then you wll want to downsample the graphics, or set distiller to web optimized. That for starters. More informaiton will be helpful. "TM" <t_...

lost emails
i lost most of my in coming emails i probely perment delited them is there amy way i can get them back Gladys Gladys, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this question on a newsgroup that deals with your specific email application. Or try a Google on "restore deleted emails" -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life....

convert column headings
Hi, everyone... I've got a problem here, and I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out... I've got a worksheet that contains about 4000 entries, one per row, labeled "TaxDeductibleAmounts". The first four columns in each row contain "boilerplate" info, such as time, date, etc... Columns 5-40 contain various pieces of information (in this case, tax-deductible amounts). I placed the column labels/titles vertically in Column A of a separate worksheet, labeled "Totals". A corresponding SUM formula in the cell next to each column label/title ("=S...

converting hours to decimals
i need a formula to calculate the following: employee #1 stated work at 805am went to lunch at 1107am returned at 1221am ended work at 546am i need the total time worked for this day to be calculated into decimal figure. hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use real time entries like 08:05 AM, the you can use this formula =(D1-A1-(C1-B1))*24 where D1 holds 05:46 PM (I am assuming you had a typo) A1 holds 08:05 AM C1 holds 12:21 PM (again assuming a typo or else you don't know time) B1 holds 11:07 AM better way (IMHO) is to use 08:05, 11:27, 12:21 and 17:46 no A...

Convert newsletter on Publisher 2007 to a PDF/Save Newsletter as I
How do I convert my newsletter that I created on Publisher 2007 to a PDF so that I can attach the PDF to an email? How do I save the newsletter as an image, so that I can paste it on an email? See in line: On 6/12/07 1:22 AM, in article 313A2C1E-9322-4AE2-ABB8-F607B92CDEEB@microsoft.com, "blueprince999" <blueprince999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I convert my newsletter that I created on Publisher 2007 to a PDF so > that I can attach the PDF to an email? Either get a PDF generator such as Cute PDF, Primo PDF, or some-such (for which you can Google) or...

converting a chart from 2003 version to 2007
I had a document with numerous charts in it in 2003 version. when I attempt to open the sheet with 2007 version, I get an error message and then it closes my excel. Is there a quick fix for this or perhaps a setting I need to change? Do you get any kind of error message? With Excel closed, empty your temp directory. There might be a file there left over from before a previous Excel crash, that's still causing problems. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. 774-275-0064 http://peltiertech.com/ On 4/6/2010 1:37 PM, Deb J wrote: > I had...

Can't Convert Date to Text?
Having a hard time converting DATES to TEXT so I can sort the Dates by Month. Look at the attached spreadsheet. http://netmation.com/excelsrt.xls Col A = Date Col B = TEXT(DATE) Col C = Paste Special Value of Col B. Why won't Col B or C sort by Month, they all sort by year?? Using Excel 2007. col B use this =3DTEXT(A2,"mmm") Col C =3DTEXT(A2,"yyyy") now you can sort by month or year On Feb 4, 12:33=A0am, "Al Franz" <alb...@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > Having a hard time converting DATES to TEXT so I can sort the Dates by > Month. =A0...

Save a date as a variable and run/convert formula against the vari
Good Day, What I'm needing to do is retrieve a date field from a closed workbook, save it as a variable and then calculate a week number based on it. which I'll use for another function. I've attached two types of code I'm struggling with in VB and hope someone can help... The first part retrieves a date from a close workbook and I need to change "MsgBox" to a varible to save the date retrieved. Sub GetVal() MsgBox TheValue("C:\GssReports", "gssreport MTTR.xlsx", "gssreport 1 ", "K6") End Sub Function...

How to fill the area between lines in graph
Hi, You do this using area charts. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "DExcel" <DExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705440A7-2EEE-4F18-8633-6025965560F8@microsoft.com... > DExcel - Two methods are: (1) Area chart (2) Error bars from calculations on the worksheet - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "DExcel" <DExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705440A7-2EEE-4F18-8633-6025965560F8@microsoft.com... > ...

Black areas in PDF created from Publisher
When creating a PDF from Publisher 2007 many customers say when opened the document had a large number of black areas. Also, not all pages were present and the text seemed compressed in areas. Any idea what's the issue? How does the PDF look to you? How are you creating the PDF; with Publisher's pdf or third party pdf creator? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JimH" <JimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12DFE6D9-D136-49E3-9F5B-A22C1BD0F225@microsoft.com... > When creating a PDF from P...

Converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are working. Does anyone have any ideas? Chris "Chris Day" ha scritto nel messaggio news:20089248422chris.day@onwight.net... >I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS >2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are >working. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi Chris, do you compile in Unicode mode in VC++ 2005? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that VC++2005 removes new XP ...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...