lost graph after convert PDF

I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at
all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost
after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated.

sand

Hi,

Is your graph connected to a spreadsheet in excel? Make sure that your graph
is using values from your Word Document(it may fix the problem).

On the other hand, you can try copying and pasting the image onto paint and
export it to word as an image(this will be a temporary easy fix but it will
do the job if you are on a deadline).

Hope this helps,
Vicente Tulliano

"sand" wrote:

> I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at
> all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost
> after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated.
>
> sand
thanks, vttotal. The graphs were created in different programs, but they were
all copied by the function of "insert screen clipping" in "MS OneNote".
Strangely, even the text box I created in Words document disappear after
converted to PDF. I recopied the graphs and text box into a new document, it
failed again. However, if I recopied original graphs from OneNote that I had
left over there, it works! There must be something weird happened for the
graphs after I copied earlier and the text boxes. Any clue because I have so
many graphs and some of them already deleted from OneNote?

sand

"vttotal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is your graph connected to a spreadsheet in excel? Make sure that your graph
> is using values from your Word Document(it may fix the problem).
>
> On the other hand, you can try copying and pasting the image onto paint and
> export it to word as an image(this will be a temporary easy fix but it will
> do the job if you are on a deadline).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Vicente Tulliano
>

> "sand" wrote:
>
> > I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at
> > all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost
> > after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated.
> >
> > sand

Converting Date in HQ Manager Report
I have modified a PO report to include PurchaseOrder.LastUpdated as a column. Unfortunately the report include the time stamp in the LastUpdated date field. When I "Copy as Table" & paste it to my Excel sheet, the time stamp is also pasted. Even though I formatted my Excel column to Date format 1/1/2001, the time stamp still shows if I were to select on any of the date cells. This messes up my cell formulas in excel. The only way to get around this is to format my the date column in my excel to 1/1/2001, copy the whole column, paste it a notepad, then re- copy it from ...

convert hours and minutes to minutes
I need to convert hours and minutes 1:45 (One Hour and 45 Minutes) into total minutes... Any ideas Use a formula like the following: =A1*24*60 Format the cell as General or Number. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "idaho" <idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B42899-7817-4D6B-A1BF-1ACBF493C53F@microsoft.com... >I need to convert hours and minutes 1:45 (One Hour and 45 >Minutes) into total > minutes... Any ideas If it's just formatting you want. Try this Custom Form...

Custom Line Graph on 2 axes help
hi, i have a chart that i have to make, which included 1 x axis and 2 y axis on it, so i am using the custom line graph on 2 axes profile on excel, the problem is though when i add more series to the chart , the second y axis on the right hand side of the chart suddenly changes scale similiar to the the number 1 y axis, but i dont want this to happen what do i do to fix this, this is the data i have for the chart x axis data = 0 6 12 18 24 30 36 42 48 54 60 y 1 axis data= 7050 6240 3890 6670 2030 7620 4710 9860 10010 5910 4320 y2 axis data= 1.1 2.6 3.1 2.4 4.5 0.9 3.5 5.1 5.2 3.7 2.9...

Formula lost by copy paste from one Excel session to the next
Dear Excel experts, Sometimes when I copy cells from one Excel to the next the formulas get's lost. I select some cells contain some formulas and press copy in on worksheet in one Excel session. I select past in another worksheet in another Excel session. Only values are copied over but the formulas are lost! Regards Lars Schouw Make sure that both workbooks are open in the same instance of excel--it sounds like you have two separaten instances of excel open. Open the first workbook, then use File|Open to open the second. schouwla@yahoo.com wrote: > > Dear Excel experts, >...

pdf files to writable files
I sent a pdf file to a publisher but need to make some corrections. The file is now readable only. Can it be converted back to a writable file? -- Susan "Susan Deaton" <SusanDeaton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:935C8203-303D-459C-9727-325AD5A7358D@microsoft.com... > I sent a pdf file to a publisher but need to make some corrections. The > file > is now readable only. Can it be converted back to a writable file? > -- > Susan Not really unless you have Adobe Acrobat (or similar PDF editing program) as it allows some editing capability. ...

convert hh:mm:ss to decimal
is it possible to format a cell so that if I enter the time as 1.15 am it converts it to 0125 or if I enter the time as 2.45 pm it converts it to 1475. if anybody could help me with this it would be very much appreciated markcain@sympac.com.au If you actually entered 1:15 AM in the cell (a real time), you could just multiply by 24. Remember to format the cell as General (or a custom format of: 0000). Mark Cain wrote: > > is it possible to format a cell so that if I enter the time as 1.15 am it > converts it to 0125 or if I enter the time as 2.45 pm it converts it to >...

Does anyone know how to make a colymn graph where y axis is colors
Please put your question in the *body* of the message. In article <063349C0-F51A-4A06-9BA4-B4F3A94E42DE@microsoft.com>, "richelle" <richelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Contacts lost
Hi. Somehow all my Outlook contacts have just gone! Can anyone tell me if I can re-install them from a backup anywhere without also overwriting my emails and calendar? Thanks David Is the rest of your data "gone"? Meaning do you still have your email, calendar, etc. Maybe you got connected to another PST file by accident as opposed to your usual one. "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk> wrote in message news:uo0NskkcFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi. Somehow all my Outlook contacts have just gone! Can anyone tell me if > I can re-install them from a ...

Delegate permissions lost after migration
G'day Group, Currently we have a exchange 5.5 and 2003 server running. We've migrated a small pilot group but i've noticed the following: When the users were migrated I cannot seem to set the Delegate permissions. From Outlook 2003>Tools>Options>Select Delegates. I add the proper user, add views and click apply>OK. Go back to double check the permissions and the delegate I've just added is gone. For some reason it is not retaining the settings. Not too sure what else to look into. Anyhelp would be appreciated. ...

How to convert CString object to data type?
How can I convert CString from a EDIT control Dialog to data type for calculation? thanks, Take a look at _stscanf/_ttoi. --- Ajay Y Xu wrote: > How can I convert CString from a EDIT control Dialog to data type for > calculation? > > thanks, Hi Y Xu, Can you be more specific , what type do you want it to be converted to ? /Kiran Y Xu wrote: > How can I convert CString from a EDIT control Dialog to data type for > calculation? > > thanks, On 8 Jun 2006 07:31:57 -0700, kiran.inbng@gmail.com wrote: >Hi Y Xu, > >Can you be more specific , what t...

How can I convert an Excel file to someone who doesn't have Excel.
That's it. I have a large Excel file which I want to send. The receiver doesn't have Excel and can't read the file. He says he can read TXT,DOC,HTML and RTF. I can't typoe it all in again in Word (it's a big file) so is there an answer? Copy-and-paste from the Excel file into a text or Word file. In the Excel file, hit: <Ctrl>A <Ctrl>C Then, open a text or Word document, and hit: <Ctrl>V Regards, Mark Have them download the FREE Excel Viewer. "donnythejazz" <donnythejazz @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4E5A20...

120 day moving graph window
Greetings Everyone, I have a 600 row long data set. I have several graphs set up to look at this data. I have put scroll bars on a couple of them. This allows me to reduce the number of points being looked at. What I would like to do is create a graph that looks at 120 data points at a time. I would like the scroll bar to move the 120 point refereneces from the top of the data set to the bottom of the set. The idea is to be able to view any 120 consecutive data points within my data set. Can this be done with worksheet formulas? Thanks Glen I've been able to generate the 120 ce...

calendar info lost
My future appointments beyond 1 week ahead are not showing in outlook 2002, although the appropriate dates when I have appointments in the future are in bold. So I'm certain the information is "there" somewhere, it's just not showing, although past appointments show up. The whole mess started when I was active-syncing my calendar on PC with calendar on palm treo 700. There's got to be a way to force this information to show up, but I've been trying different ways for a long long time but haven't found a way. I so much need help with this, it's driving me ...

convert note pad to access
can I convert notepad to access 2000 If the data is formatted as comma delimited, tab delimited, or even a fixed length of text for each record in notepad..then ..then yes...you can import the data into ms-access. In a balnk database in ms-acess...you can go file-get externail data.... A wizard will launch when you try to import the .txt file.... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn ...

Lost password
This has happened before and I got help from this website. I never put a password on my one note files. But now its asking for a password. -- marianne dagher mariane wrote: > This has happened before and I got help from this website. I never > put a password on my one note files. But now its asking for a > password. I have no idea on what might have happened. There are quite some password cracking programs around in the net. Try to find some by googling. Rainald ...

Publisher to PDF-what are the steps
I hear much talk about being able to convert a Publisher document directly to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat. I have Publisher 2000. What are the actual steps in doing this? In the past, I have pasted my Publisher document into Microsoft Word, and then converted the Word document into a PDF. Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Laura <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I hear much talk about being able to convert a Publisher > document directly to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat. > I have Publisher 2000. What are the actual step...

Is there a way to display a graph using a equation?
I have this equation y = 45.67 + 2.38X and would like excel to show a graph of this, can it be done? Sure. Put your lowest X value into cell A2. In cell A3, use the formula = A2 + 1 Change the 1 to the interval that you are interested in In cell B2, use the formula =45.67 + 2.38*A2 Copy B2 to B3, then copy A3:B3 down the column as far as your need, then use Insert / Chart and choose XY scatter. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "pokdbz" <pokdbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2258E185-4F7E-4393-A390-4278F4A1DBFF@microsoft.com... >I have this equation y =...

Excel graphs in PowerPoint
Is there a way to export graphs in Excel to be used in PowerPoint presentations? (Not cut & paste). I'd appreciate some feedback, sorry if this is a stupid question. -- Meghen nevermind, i'm retarded. i got it -- Meghen No question is stupid but some answers are. You can LINK the Excel chart on the PP slide You could hold down SHIFT before using Edit|Copy Picture and copy the chart to any graphics program from where it can be saved as (for example a JPEG or GIF) file Put tell us what issue (don't you just hate this new word?) you are having with Copy & Paste b...

Convert IP Address to a hexadecimal
I know this is a long shot but is there anyone out there that knows ho to convert IP of the system to hexadecimal number -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26622 > I know this is a long shot but is there anyone out there that knows how > to convert IP of the system to hexadecimal number? One way is to start with the four components in A1, B1, C1, and D1. (If they're in on...

Does any one know of a graph package for VC++
Is there an ActiveX (or other) component that folks know about that can be used in a VC++ application to graph some data points to show progress/trends over time? I did not see anything like this referenced on MSDN nor on the CodeGuru Thanks, -Mark I think you want a chart tool http://www.softwarefx.co.uk/ChartFX/CfxProducts/ and there are some free ones out there. Search in google.com for Chart library visual c++ if you really want a graphic library. check out leadtools.com it costs money but they are good. Ali R. "Mark Rance" <mrr@pcisys.net> wrote in message news:10...

Can I grab graph coordinates in Excel via the mouse with VB?
Is it possible to get the graph coordinates (i.e. the y coordinate of a graph) in Excel using Visual Basic coding (or other methods) and insert them into another cell? Specifically ,what I want to do is have the user click on a graph, and have the y-coordinate at the time of the click entered into a cell, or, alternatively, have the user click and drag across the graph and have the coordinates at the beginning click and at the end of the drag entered into two seperate cells. Further, the complete set of y-coordinates is a column of data points, not a fcn if that helps at all. Chris - ...

line graph #4
I would like to add a small amount of text over a line graph e.g. "December sales were high" to explain a sudden rise in the line. I am printing charts from chart sheets and they are not embeded on a worksheet. Is there a way to do it? Thanks. In 2003 and earlier, you can just select the chart, type what you want, and press Enter. You'll get a textbox in the middle of the chart that you can drag around and format. In 2007 you have to select the chart, then from the Insert tab, choose TextBox or another shape. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cu...

Converting a CSV file to an Excel file
When I export a file from a website to an Excel file (on a Windows 2000 platform), it shows up in Excel as a standard Excel spreadsheet (I am using Office 2000). However, when I export the same file on a Vista platform, it shows up in Excel as a comma-delimited file. How do I convert a CSV file into an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Gordon Biggar Houston, Texas I usually open it in Excel and then do a "File, Save As" and select Excel format. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Gordon Biggar" <co...

Three graph into one
suppose I have y=e^x [where x=0.5 to 1.5]; and after interpolation I found x ,y values graph2--values ............. x y 0.1 0.5 0.2 0.6 0.3 0.8 --------------- graph3--values ............ x y 0.1 0.8 0.2 0.9 0.3 0.10 Now I want excel to plot the graph1 and graph2 with the give function y=e^x (superimposed). Please help me . Select the first range and create a chart. Select the 2nd range, copy, select the chart, and use Edit | Paste Special... follow instructions To add y=exp(x), put the x values in 3 cells in a column add the =EXP(x) values in 3 cells in the a...

Graphs #4
HELP. I am trying to create a graph with 4 days figures in it in bar format. I then want to add a line which would be the average figures. When I try and do this the graph puts days 3 and 4 in line format. I can add more serires to it and this gets rid of it. Must be a easier way Create a bar chart from all the data Right-click on the series that you want as a line Choose Chart Type Select the Line Chart type, and one of the subtypes Click OK carl wrote: > HELP. I am trying to create a graph with 4 days figures in it in bar format. > I then want to add a line which would be the...